• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

ampere

As someone who hasn't really played much WoW since, well, vanilla/BC, is my impression that melee classes have a huge amount more CC than my mage true? It feels like I can almost completely locked down by a warrior now, whereas my only options are polymorph (which heals) and freeze effects that break constantly.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent-pvp/mage/frost

Check out the pvp talents for mages, you're going to feel incomplete in pvp right now without them.

Level 2 and 3 Legion Darkmoon card recipes available now. Grab em while they're hot, and you'll have a pretty big advantage for a month of Legion.

Dammit I just spent all my scribe's tickets on xmog lol.

Might actually do some dailies to buy those, good find.

edit: nevermind, got 39 left. easy one daily

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Reinstalling XPerl for nostalgia

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
http://www.wowhead.com/talent-pvp/mage/frost

Check out the pvp talents for mages, you're going to feel incomplete in pvp right now without them.

Thanks for this. I miss the good old days when my regular frostbolts had a chance to freeze.
cry.gif
sigh

MMaRsu

Whats a Darkmoon card?

I have collected 40 darkmoon tickets so far, I think I can easily get the mount within a week :D?

Talents

Banned
So before Legion starts I've decided to subscribe again and make a priest since that is the only caster I haven't levelled yet. What are the best enchants for priests when levelling?

Entropia

No One Remembers
So before Legion starts I've decided to subscribe again and make a priest since that is the only caster I haven't levelled yet. What are the best enchants for priests when levelling?

I wouldn't really worry about enchants. You will level so fast and replace your gear it's not worth the effort in enchanting your gear.

Also, when was the last time you were subscribed? if you have cloth heirlooms they're now easier than ever to get onto your characters through the heirloom window.

Talents

Banned
I wouldn't really worry about enchants. You will level so fast and replace your gear it's not worth the effort in enchanting your gear.

Also, when was the last time you were subscribed? if you have cloth heirlooms they're now easier than ever to get onto your characters through the heirloom window.

Well I just bought all the cloth heirlooms and got their level 100 upgrades so I won't have to worry about upgrading gear until 100. Last time I was subbed was probably 9 or so months ago.

Somnia

Just decided to re-up for 6 months and pre-bought Legion. I did come back for WoD, but it never captured me so never even made it to 100... before that I played up before Wrath launched. So I missed a lot.

I bumped a DK and running Frost, need to get the feeling down for it, but am I good to jump into the time dungeons or normal WoD dungeons with my boosted gear?

Guess that doesn't matter too much as I plan on maining a Demon Hunter when it goes live tomorrow.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What does that mean?

I assume as a non-scribe this doesn't mean shit to me?

I'm not sure if XPerl is still updated. I've switched over to Zperl which is the exact same.
Ah, thanks.

Man. These bars make me want to go back to being a healer.

This is my Paladin now. He thinks he's hot stuff.

Lanrutcon

The sad about switching from Hunter to another class is I won't get to walk around in the best transmog ever anymore

Stole it from a guy on MMO-Champion, bless his heart

Tubby brown thing in a purple apron with glowing green tattoos encircling its nipples.

I didn't realise the Horde was into psychological warfare.

the warglaives still exist, right?

I ran BT last night to get em for transmog but atlasloot and the wardrobe helper don't have them on the loot tables anymore

also does anyone know if the legendaries from the eye show up in transmog?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The sad about switching from Hunter to another class is I won't get to walk around in the best transmog ever anymore

God damn there is no armor at all that Pandaren don't look awful in

What's the Ulduar quest??

Lol that first screen is great. So much fog.

I struggled through vanilla and TBC also with a shit PC. I remember doing Alterac at like 20 FPS. Wasn't until Wrath that I got a real gaming PC.

I don't remember vanilla raids in terms of performance, but I vividly remember doing razorscale in ulduar 25 with my camera pointed towards the ground, and still being at single digit FPS. Thank god I was a tank.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is the invasions stuff, mostly weapons, BOE or BOP?

SolVanderlyn

I think fat Panda men look hilarious in Warrior gear. In a good way.

My Paladin thinks he's a pirate
He has no decency.

Rizzi

Where's the best transmog? Is it hiding behind that.. thing?

Somnia

So when I start the Demon Hunter tomorrow, will it be worth it doing all the Garrison stuff and going back doing stuff in WoD?

I really have no idea what all I will have pre-completed on a DH.

I really should read up on this :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think all the weapons are BoP, except the glaives which are BoA in case you didn't pre-purchase Legion

guess ill have to set my specilization to surv then to get a polearm (assuming theres a polearm), somehow I lost mine, it must have been low lvl and I vendored it I guess. All the stuff in the AH is STR

logged in, havent played really since wotlk (although i got a human rogue to 41 i think back in pandaria...or draenor, cant remember).

I have no idea wtf is going on now...

mini diablo, zergling, and panda cub are still CE rewards right?

I can still summon mine and feel superior right? right!?

edit: hey my guy has actual face, not some 2002 low poly hipster mask of a caveman!

cdyhybrid

Thanks for the info guys! The memory lane/nostalgia factor is definitely a big part of coming back for me. Doing 40 man raids and exploring the Horde continent for the first time were some of my best memories in gaming... I just felt like useless human garbage playing back in 8th grade when my parents paid for my account and I didn't do much productive.

I did pick Horde this time so that the leveling would be new to me, as I only had an Alliance character last time around. I suppose I could use the boost on a different character just to see what's new, then continue levelng my warrior normally.

A couple more quick questions: Do people still raid at level 60 and 70? Or is it just gonna be dungeons until max level?

Also, what has changed about leveling? So far it feels pretty much the same. What is it that makes it so much faster nowadays? I've just been questing so far.

If you haven't played since BC (I think that's what you said originally?) the leveling will be almost entirely new for you on either side. Cataclysm redid pretty much all of the old-world questing from 1-60.

Finding lower level raids is very rare. Most people just get to level cap and then go back and solo the lower level raids.

So when I start the Demon Hunter tomorrow, will it be worth it doing all the Garrison stuff and going back doing stuff in WoD?

I really have no idea what all I will have pre-completed on a DH.

I really should read up on this :)

http://www.wowhead.com/news=254767/are-you-prepared-demon-hunter-pre-patch-overview

Whether it's worth it is up to you :p I'll probably be doing it because what the hell else am I going to do for 3 weeks?

Rhaknar

theres no hunter t13 shoulders lookalikes in dragonsoul, gonna have to roll the bones on the token. There are shaman shoulders lookalike and they look kinda badass actually

edit: whats this quest to do 5 timewalkers that someone shared with me? *looks at the reward oh nice a normal from hellfire? :eek:

e90Mark

the warglaives still exist, right?

I ran BT last night to get em for transmog but atlasloot and the wardrobe helper don't have them on the loot tables anymore

also does anyone know if the legendaries from the eye show up in transmog?

They still exist, but you can't use them for transmog.

Is it possible to have the chance for the mount to drop which is mimiron's head by just killing Yogg Saron at 25 man heroic? Or do you have to kill bosses from the start?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Is it possible to have the chance for the mount to drop which is mimiron's head by just killing Yogg Saron at 25 man heroic? Or do you have to kill bosses from the start?

As long as you have no keepers helping, I think you're good - I assume you're talking about just saving a lockout with an alt and extending or something?

vocab

What's better for levelling as a priest with Heirlooms and enchants, Discipline or Shadow?

disc. Penance on the move/attonement healing. Less overall buttons during leveling to worry about. Shadow while leveling is kinda of a drag. Mindflay and mindblast does fuck all for damage or not worth casting because things will die too fast, and shadow word death is never even used till way later. It has more variety, but you don't get to use most of it proper.

So the thing about Darkmoon cards is that at the start of each expansion, you collect a deck of them (about 8 unique cards to make a deck, crafting cards gives you a random one, so you can end up with duplicates or cards for a deck you don't want yourself).

Anyway, the decks turn into trinkets that are usually best-in-slot pre-raid or even fairly far into the first raid (potentially further) each expansion. Trinkets are a difficult slot to fill, and usually have important effects, so the cards/decks/trinkets from the cards most often are very expensive (and profitable) early on.

----

As an aside, I'm redoing my UI for my laptop now, starting mostly fresh and goddamn, there's so much shit to configure. Just finished doing TSM I think, mostly importing a profile that was different than my previous settings. But I still gotta fix shadowed unit frames and bartender, the two things that will probably be the most time consuming besides.

ampere

What's better for levelling as a priest with Heirlooms and enchants, Discipline or Shadow?

Disc is OP as shit at low levels, my new Priest is 34 and still wrecking. In the level 10 bg bracket Disc priests can only be killed by other disc priests lol

Not sure at higher levels, but you can switch with an easy button press so play around with it and see

Top Bottom