• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rixxan

hnnggg, thank you whoever recommended the shadow unit frames

allowed me to mix with bartender4 and get a shadow dance charge icon right on my health bar for easy tracking

06159a404f2b54f4778e54c36b0a0a25.jpg

20k? Is it honestly that cheap?

Maybe I'm just overestimating the time/money investment the shard farmers are valuing.

Well the trick is they can sell it to 4 other people now with the new personal loot, so they make like 80k total, when before they would make like 25k or 30k selling to one person. It's kinda insane. But before Alanai was sort of just a bonus for farming Vale, you'd really make all the gold from the potion's treasures and guo-lai caches.

XenodudeX

Anyone else having problem with the game freezing for a few seconds and music skipping? I'm trying to figure out how to fix it but I'm at wits end here.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Guess I picked the wrong time to make a rogue.

Like others have been saying assassination was pretty much top dps in beta. Also, outlaw rogue got a net buff out of today's hotfixes, not a net nerf. Rogue is looking very very strong going into legion, in both pvp and pve, and all 3 specs to boot. Probably one of the few classes with 3 great specs.

Richardbro

Neo Member
Like others have been saying assassination was pretty much top dps in beta. Also, outlaw rogue got a net buff out of today's hotfixes, not a net nerf. Rogue is looking very very strong going into legion, in both pvp and pve, and all 3 specs to boot. Probably one of the few classes with 3 great specs.

Sadly, they lost Burst of Speed and aren't the most mobile class in the game anymore, meaning they won't be flag carriers anymore.

Monks on the other hand have 3 speed boost abilities (1 of them being a talent).

Kacar

I'm about to boost my 68 warlock.

He has no professions learned, it says its gonna boost tailoring/enchanting to 700.

Is there any way to change what it boosts? Or is that set in stone?

Lomax

I'm about to boost my 68 warlock.

He has no professions learned, it says its gonna boost tailoring/enchanting to 700.

Is there any way to change what it boosts? Or is that set in stone?

It will boost the professions you know, it only defaults if you don't know any. So go learn the ones you want before doing the boost.

rogue was miles ahead of everything on single target, it actually wasnt close, most people who you see commenting on it are people who havent actually played beta i imagine

I still do surprisingly good dps on my Assassination Rogue, without having really good gear.

Tarazet

I had an interesting experience playing my Tauren Priest today. I decided to buck the meta build for Disc and put together something that was focused exclusively on tank healing, with very little use of Atonement. So I came up with this:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#Xaa!1221101

It's similar to a build that I was using in 6.x. It's super efficient to spam absorbs on the tank when they have a long duration, plus CoW stacks on itself up to 4 times. So in my Priest's current gear, it can be up to 125k absorb prepull. The main knock I have against the build is that it has absolutely zero to help with raid healing, which means you are NEVER EVER going to top meters - but that's not your job. In a group of 4-5 healers, if you have one who is dedicated to bubbling the tanks to boost their EHP and generally keep them alive, then literally every other healing spec can help to fill in the gaps in terms of raid healing.

Playstyle is basically this. Put your focus on boss and have Target of Target on, so you can see which tank is being attacked. Use PW:S on cooldown on both tanks to keep up Atonement buff, use Penance on cooldown on the boss, and spam Clarity of Will. The incidental healing from the raid healers will usually be enough so that you can focus on your super-efficient bubbles rather than using conventional heals. Use Penance and Smite on the boss instead of using Shadow Mend, unless for some reason Atonement dropped off your target.

You have a number of cooldowns to augment your healing, which fit perfectly into the toolkit of a tank healer:

1) Pain Suppression, when the tank is taking either spike or a phase of heavy sustained damage.
2) Rapture, which lets you spam PW:S freely for 8 seconds. Often in heavy tank damage phases it will disappear as fast as you can put it up, so save this for those moments.
3) Power Infusion, since I have it talented here. I prefer to use it with Atonement to push damage, but make sure you drop PW:S on the tanks to keep Atonement up.

Pretty fun and effective playstyle. When you build like this the changes make more sense. I don't think they really intended Disc to be the all-rounders that they were before.

Milennia

I still do surprisingly good dps on my Assassination Rogue, without having really good gear.

The nerf is significant, there's no way it isn't like a 12% or so I don't know the numbers myself but that's a feelycraft statement

This is beta by the way, all of it I don't care about live when there is 2 weeks left of it really
On beta they were on the moon for a multitude of reasons, even surviveability is nuts

This nerf should knock them down a few pegs in the normalization department can't say where they will land but it won't be anything like what it was doing 350+ single target with the rest of the raid on earth at about 250-300 tops

Robin64

I just want them to fix me getting the "Collector's Edition: Panda" Feat of Strength every time I log on. Apparently it was hot-fixed, it's not.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
priest order hall being generic draenei garbage is really disappointing. i swear nothing has been more negative to the lore than the draenei. You worship space wind chimes now! Silly humans, you were wrong! Silly Trolls, no one cares about loa! Windchimes! And they're all great and benevolent and one dimensional like us.

Now prepare for our dumb aesthetic to infect nearly every Paladin tier set.

it still looks better than the mage class hall tbh

they could have done all kinds of sweet shit

instead it looks like a dungeon from vanilla wow

Lain

Will they ever fix Ashenvale so it won't dismount you as you're flying and, obviously, kill you? I guess not, since it's never been fixed since Cata.

M.D

Not sure if it's a good idea, but I'm considering dropping out Enchanting or Engineering for Tailoring (which I almost have all the mats in order to max out) because of Primal Weaving which let's you create Hexweave with 10 Sumptuous Fur and 1 Primal Spirit (which I have 683 of on one of my characters) with no daily cd, then I'll pick the profession I dropped on the character I'm going to be boost so it will be maxed out again, but I'm not sure how could I then get WoD recipes since I won't have a garrison level 3?

Edit: It seems all the WoD recipes can be learned from a vendor in Stormshield? So there's not I'd miss if I do this right?

Artanisix

Finished UI (with target of target, focus, and focus target shown):

SUF Import String
Bartender 4 LUA File

SUF You just copy/paste in the importer in the settings. Bartender is a bit more complicated - you have to drag it to C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables

Once there it should load up my profiles. The one I use is called "Legion Masque 1920x1080". To get it to look properly, you need to have Masque with the Apathy skin installed. The specific settings there are make sure you have Apathy selected for all of Bartender 4, then put the opacity slider to 35% and enable the backdrop checkbox. I set it to disable for the bag bar though.

That should get you the base of my UI. The other major things would be Details! for damage/healing/threat, SexyMap for the map, Quartz for cast bars (that has a fair bit of config as well), and Titan Panel for the info pane at the top.

All that is pretty much it in terms of immediately visible looks - if you have any questions about other particular settings or addons I use, feel free to ask. Note that this is all configured specifically for a 1920x1080 display. Any other resolution you'd probably have to adjust things.

EDIT: Forgot to configure the buffs/debuffs on the player and target frames in SUF, uh, I'll reupload that paste when I fix it.
EDIT 2: SUF REUPLOADED, current link is correct.

TY mate

JSoup

Banned
Did...did they replace the statue in the center of Dalaran with a fountain?
There used to be a statue there, right?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
tried destruction in a timewalking and hated it :(

Robin64

Before that there was a fountain. The statue not appearing is a phasing error.

Heck, in Legion, that statue is also gone and replaced with a building.

Dugna

yeah the statue celebrating the fall of the lich king is basically gone now...the plaque still shows you the cutscene and stuff but no more glowing tirion.

lazygecko

This was my UI shortly before I stopped playing about a year ago

I prefer to keep things as sparse as possible. Most of the extra action bars are hidden and I had some special icons/bars temporarily show up instead to monitor some ability cooldowns and stuff. Target unitframe appeared above the player one, and group unitframes appeared at the center bottom.

Really wish I hadn't deleted it all. Now I have to do it all over again from scratch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
moose schmoose, I just got this for 800g

AaMxvbH.png

o_O

I'm sure its super common or something but I love it and it makes me happy

Rizzi

Aaaagh. Installed ElvUI, and after 11 years of unit frames being at the top of the screen, it's making me feel super uncomfortable.

Magnus

I need my icons bigger than most people have them in their UIs. One drawback of comfy couch gaming. Kills a lot of my screen real estate.

I've been thinking of switching from a PVP realm to PVE. I don't really care about world PVP (or any PVP for that matter) and with cross-realm groups I can still do stuff with my friends if I want to.

Is it considered bad form to play on an RP realm with no intention to actually do any RP myself? I've heard a lot of good things about people on those realms. I'm thinking Argent Dawn (EU) specifically.

Ark

I have a couple of questions hopefully someone can help me out with:

When it comes to raiding guilds, what's the now-best/widely used loot system? I'm setting up a raiding guild with some friends and we're trying to decide what system to use. We have around 15 people and the last time I raided was WoTLK and we used DKP. Apparently there's epgp and lootcouncil (what even is loot council)?

I'm also doing recruit a friend. I recruited my friend to the game, and we've discovered that we can utilise the RAF bonus exp and summoning on newly created characters along with our originals. If I boost the character I'm levelling with him to 100, will it stop the RAF bonuses, or does it only stop when he hits level 90?

Naito

hnnggg, thank you whoever recommended the shadow unit frames

allowed me to mix with bartender4 and get a shadow dance charge icon right on my health bar for easy tracking

Clean and tidy, I like it a lot – could you by any chance provide
your SuF import string and Bartender4 LUA file please? :)

Entropia

No One Remembers
I have a couple of questions hopefully someone can help me out with:

When it comes to raiding guilds, what's the now-best/widely used loot system? I'm setting up a raiding guild with some friends and we're trying to decide what system to use. We have around 15 people and the last time I raided was WoTLK and we used DKP. Apparently there's epgp and lootcouncil (what even is loot council)?

I'm also doing recruit a friend. I recruited my friend to the game, and we've discovered that we can utilise the RAF bonus exp and summoning on newly created characters along with our originals. If I boost the character I'm levelling with him to 100, will it stop the RAF bonuses, or does it only stop when he hits level 90?

1. Loot System - it's been awhile since I've done proper guild raiding but the most popular ones are as you mentioned EPGP, or Loot Council. Loot Council is basically the officers (or other designated raiders) discuss who will receive what items. This one is always tricky because of potential favoritism and bias. Example, you may give all your tier tokens to your tanks first, healers second, then DPS. Or you decide that the BIS trinket for rogues goes to your most loyal member, etc. etc. On the plus side it helps ensure that the gear you are awarding, especially BIS type stuff goes to players you know won't bail after.

2. You have to be within 4 levels of their character to get their bonus XP. They will stop getting the RAF bonus XP at level 90. They can also grant a character of yours a level for every 2 levels their character has, up to a maximum of their level. i.e. they have a level 20 toon, and you made a fresh one they can grant it 10 levels. More info can be found here: http://www.wowhead.com/guides/recruit-a-friend-basics

ampere

Amp are you making a Legion thread?

Rosti is making the Legion OT, it'll be in the main gaming forum. Not sure what day he plans to post it, but probably no sooner than Aug 23rd

We tried this tonight. Did the kills up to siege crafter then brought in an alt. Alt got the siege crafter kill. Disbanded and reformed. All previous bosses were up BUT siege crafter. Is there a port to skip to the back end of siege?

I should have been more careful with wording, I think the alt needs to get all the kills up to Paragons, so Blackfuse but all the bosses before him as well. Not sure if it's a % of the bosses killed or has to be all of them, but probably safer to have them get all of them.

I just want them to fix me getting the "Collector's Edition: Panda" Feat of Strength every time I log on. Apparently it was hot-fixed, it's not.

I still get this as well. It's always my most recent achievement lol

i hate that I have every other blizzard CE physically because it means I have to keep getting em physically and I miss out on the early shit

My paladin is 60, can't boost yet
I want that mount and pet
I want my diablo wings

assuming:
can't make my DH today
can't do Broken Isles quests?(Actually, thinking about it the prequest stuff should be open for everyone right?)

Top Bottom