• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
those DH cinematics

Godan

So i Still have 15 Tome of Chaos to get for my ring? Should i finish this or just not bother now with Legion coming?

Tamanon

Banned
So i Still have 15 Tome of Chaos to get for my ring? Should i finish this or just not bother now with Legion coming?

Should be able to knock it out in 2 weeks I'd say. Might as well. I'm at 9 right now, but the drop rate seems better at least.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
lol, official forums are already full of angry alliance fanboys hating on the Horde because they don't realize the alliance broken shore cinematic doesn't show the whole story.

cdyhybrid

Broken Shore and Legion raid spoilers:

Varian's swords need to be a hidden Artifact skin for Fury Warriors that you unlock by killing Gul'dan. MAKE IT HAPPEN BLIZZ!

carlsojo

Horde Broken Shore ending cinematic:
I thought it would be a lot more of a gray area as to why Sylvanas abandoned the field but nope she literally saved everyone and grabbed the Warchief herself. I'm a little embarrassed to admit I'm proud of her. All hail the new Warchief!

cdyhybrid

I thought it would be a lot more of a gray area as to why Sylvanas abandoned the field but nope she literally saved everyone and grabbed the Warchief herself. I'm a little embarrassed to admit I'm proud of her. All hail the new Warchief!
I never doubted.

#Sylvanas2016

Rizzi

Demon Hunter starting zone is pretty well done. Is this a good indication of the quality of the zones in the actual expansion?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I hope Legion ends with Maiev recapturing all the Demon Hunters

'ok we're done with you, back in the cage'

Illidan glaives should have a secret hidden set bonus that makes you PvP flagged for Demon Hunters of both factions. Gotta do it for the lore, if an Illidari sees you with Illidan's weapons it means you killed him! Gotta get revenge!

Savitar

Saw a demon invasion in Hillsbrad, was close so I went there. Didn't see anyone so I started doing what I could, for the longest time I didn't see anyone. Then someone did pop up, and was soon gone. I kept on going and going and going, got to stage three. Eventually saw someone else! For a minute and they were gone. So I went around doing those little invasion growth thing bases destroying crystals etc. Eventually got the female demon to spawn and let back and stayed away spamming her with everything I had, she was a freaking skull and I was no doubt doing palty damage but those waves kept missing me for the longest time and nothing hit me until she had a fourth of her health left. I had to run from her attacks then, thankfully you knew to move due to the glowing circles. Eventually killed her.

Through the whole thing only saw two people. I got a belt, a chest piece and a sword out of it. And yeah it took freaking forever.

carlsojo

There was a great bug for me where in the Orgrimmar throne room where you and all of the leaders are standing around waiting for
Sylvanas
. It's phased so that you're the only player in the room, but PETS were not phased. There were like two abominations and a hunter crab pet standing around and I found it hilarious that these schmucks got let in to witness this cutscene with me.

Garrosh really was the best warchief.

Thrall was a bitch, Voljin didn't do shit, Garrosh at least got shit done until the bad blizzard writing took its hold.

Tacitus_

The one true Queen!

Anoregon

Garrosh was a temperamental baby with daddy issues who always needed to show the world how great and strong he was. His plan to alienate or eliminate everyone who didn't entirely agree with him (or, coincidentally, wasn't orc) was always untenable due to the demographics of Azeroth and the large collection of races that would always be opposed to him in greater numbers. His defeat was inevitable and the Horde is better for it.

Holy shit. Garrosh is Trump.

sigh... i was so sold on playing my monk this expac, now i'm gonna end up playing demon hunter just like wrathbabbies played dks

Garrosh was a temperamental baby with daddy issues who always needed to show the world how great and strong he was.. His plan to alienate or eliminate everyone who didn't entirely agree with him (or, coincidentally, wasn't orc) was always untenable due to the demographics of Azeroth and the large collection of races that would always be opposed to him in greater numbers. His defeat was inevitable and the Horde is better for it.

Holy shit. Garrosh is Trump.

except garrosh did nothing wrong. he was raised being told tales of his father as a great war hero, was forced into a position of power even HE asked to not receive, etc. yeah, he did fucked up stuff, but it wasn't his fault. that's on thrall.

Anoregon

Thrall shares some responsibility, but saying Garrosh did nothing wrong is just nonsense. You aren't excused for being a genocidal madman just because you didn't explicitly ask to be a leader.

Also, he was NOT raised on tales of his father as a great war hero. That's straight up false. He was raised on tales of his father being the first to drink the blood of Mannoroth and felt shame for it until Thrall shows up and shows him that Grom ended up killing Mannoroth. He went from being a mopey bitch to a one-note tough guy immediately as soon as WOTLK started.

cdyhybrid

Garrosh was never good. He had potential until Metzen sent him off the deep end, but that's all he ever was.

The rose-colored glasses for him are hilarious.

sigh... i was so sold on playing my monk this expac, now i'm gonna end up playing demon hunter just like wrathbabbies played dks

except garrosh did nothing wrong. he was raised being told tales of his father as a great war hero, was forced into a position of power even HE asked to not receive, etc. yeah, he did fucked up stuff, but it wasn't his fault. that's on thrall.

Of course it was his fault. He was in charge, he was making decisions. Thrall should never have made him Warchief, yes, but to blame Thrall for everything Garrosh did is ridiculous. He wasn't a child that was ruler in name only.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Garrosh was never good. He had potential until Metzen sent him off the deep end, but that's all he ever was.

The rose-colored glasses for him are hilarious.

When compared to Arthas, Sylvannas, Voljin, Varian, Jaina, he is good. None of those other major lore characters are any good. Illidan and Arthas aren't even good characters by most video game standards. It doesn't take 'rose-colored' glasses or any other dismissive strawman to see that.

Anoregon

When compared to Arthas, Sylvannas, Voljin, Varian, Jaina, he is good. None of those other major lore characters are any good. Illidan and Arthas aren't even good characters by most video game standards. It doesn't take 'rose-colored' glasses or any other dismissive strawman to see that.

uh... what? Vol'jin had slow but decent, steady development from vanilla through the end of Mists, and Varian is one of the more lore-rich characters in the game.

I mean come to think of it I categorically dismiss every example in your assertion (except I guess the total blundering of Jaina), but those two specifically are just head scratchers.

cdyhybrid

You're flat out wrong and I question your taste in pretty much everything. Warcraft writing is pretty sketchy in general but to describe Garrosh's characterization as "good" is a bridge I can't cross.

Tacitus_

Don't you dare say that about the Queen of the Horde.

Sylvannas was like woot the whole DH cinematic , like is Kerrigan plot all over again, can wait to see her naked and shiny saving everyone on the end of the expansion

Top Bottom