• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Strimei

I guess it was due to it being so close to Ironforge, but man the invasion in Dun Morogh had so many people compared to Tanaris.

The final boss of the invasion here is pretty much one shotting the few of us here.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
so the class line for warriors is about how you were a great warrior chosen by odyn to not die on the broken shore.

um. so why doesn't a certain someone else of note get that honor?

People who died were meant to die!
The voices in Vol'jin's head said that Sylvanas was the one meant to save the Horde. That wouldn't happen with Vol'jin alive.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
so does edgelord sylvannas randomly threaten you for no apparent reason or is that a dk exclusive dialogue? apparently she does it for warlocks too

id like to see you try
People who died were meant to die! The voices in Vol'jin's head said that
Sylvanas was the one meant to save the Horde. That wouldn't happen with Vol'jin alive.

I was thinking of a more noted WARRIOR in particular

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
so does edgelord sylvannas randomly threaten you for no apparent reason or is that a dk exclusive dialogue?

I was thinking of a more noted WARRIOR in particular

Same thing.
Anduin gotta do this shit now with Magni's titan juju.

Garryk

Finally was able to get through an invasion without a disconnect. Thought the intro stuff was pretty great, but I'm not a huge fan of the new
Nathanos Blightcaller model. I guess I should be happy the decided to include him at all.

Strimei

Finally was able to get through an invasion without a disconnect. Thought the intro stuff was pretty great, but I'm not a huge fan of the new
Nathanos Blightcaller model. I guess I should be happy the decided to include him at all.

I think there's some plot point behind Nathanos' new look, as I recall if you talk to him he tries to downlplay why he looks different.

How are the invasions going? How are the drops?

I won't be able to fool around with it for quite a bit here, so I'm living through you guys at the moment. I watched Towelliee do a couple earlier before I came to work. Look pretty fun, if not a bit laggy.

looks like me and a ton of other demon hunters had the same idea to go to TBC to get the warglaives but come to find out we can't do any legacy dungeons or raids until tomorrow lol

Strimei

How are the invasions going? How are the drops?

I won't be able to fool around with it for quite a bit here, so I'm living through you guys at the moment. I watched Towelliee do a couple earlier before I came to work. Look pretty fun, if not a bit laggy.

I've got an armor drop every crate, only one weapon though (the 1h axe).

Speaking of, apparently the following weapons were removed and are NOT going to be available from the crates.

Niskaran Morning Star (1h mace)
Battle Mace of the Niskaran Guard (1h mace)
Star of Niskara
Legion's Edge (1h axe)
Dread Vanquisher's Hacker (1h axe)
Eredar Battle Staff (staff)
Soulmage's Spire (staff)
Blood Guard's Tooth (2h sword)

In other words, the only staff is a red version of the Stormwind Vanguard one (not sure if the Horde get the same model), which just...why would they remove the two that are different in favor of the one that is the same? Also that sword was awesome.

Only thing I really want at this point is the Eredar Battle Blade (intellect sword).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
invasions are pretty boring to me tbh

tanaan dailies. but there's other people contributing. with no communication.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
That has nothing to do with the current Alliance races, though. If anything, they're more affiliated with the Horde now due to BEs being the exiled Highborne.

If we're blaming current orcs for the shit orchestrated by Gul'Dan, we are blaming current Night Elves for the shit orchestrated by Azshara.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Kind of interesting.
Now the alliance-horde relations are pretty much reset. Genn has always hated Sylvanas. Blaming Sylvanas for Varian's death is the perfect excuse for Genn (and Jaina) wanting to start a war again even though Legion is the "true enemy". I guess there has to be a reason to have battlegrounds, right?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
is it even possible to hurt warlocks any more? literally spent 10 seconds casting full charge arcane blasts on one and they all got absorbed.

Ok, since I resubed, what do I do to get new gear, I am currently at 630 ilevel, go to tanaan? do LFR?

Can someone take to get the Archimonde mount?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
No, you don't get to just write it off. Besides, Arthas and Medivh weren't thousands of years ago either.

Never mind the fact that Thrall literally saved the world in Dragon Soul.
Except I do because I was comparing the Horde to the Alliance and 99% of Alliance Night Elves weren't' ever involved in any of the bad stuff and even fought against it. The ones that contributed to the sundering fractured from the others and many of them became the race of elves currently on the horde.

Thrall was raised by humans and acts significantly different from most Orcs. There are good Orcs, but most of them seem more than willing to fight all the time.

As for Arthas, I guess I concede there.

Ashodin

Those broken shore and DH cinematics

33350-Generate-A-Meme-Using-Disconcerted-Joey.gif

Made a DH, did an invasion. Shit is wicked cool and way better than the WOTLK launch events. Even got out my Soul-Trader to collect essence while killing max level stuff!

lazygecko

Made a DH, did an invasion. Shit is wicked cool and way better than the WOTLK launch events. Even got out my Soul-Trader to collect essence while killing max level stuff!

If you mean the random scourge invasions, that was more of a leftover from the Naxxramas vanilla event recycled during the WotLK event. Not all that exciting in itself. But I don't think the zombie event is ever going to be topped.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I am having trouble deciding between Mage and DK for my Horde alt. I think I'm edging towards DK because of the new melee animations.

Ashodin

If you mean the random scourge invasions, that was more of a leftover from the Naxxramas vanilla event recycled during the WotLK event. Not all that exciting in itself. But I don't think the zombie event is ever going to be topped.

Reminds me, I need to transmog back into Undead Slayer gear just for this

RIP fucking tirion. As a paladin I felt more on his death

cdyhybrid

Except I do because I was comparing the Horde to the Alliance and 99% of Alliance Night Elves weren't' ever involved in any of the bad stuff and even fought against it. The ones that contributed to the sundering fractured from the others and many of them became the race of elves currently on the horde.

Thrall was raised by humans and acts significantly different from most Orcs. There are good Orcs, but most of them seem more than willing to fight all the time.

As for Arthas, I guess I concede there.
No, the Highborne in general became the Blood Elves (technically High Elves first). The ones that were actually involved in Azshara summoning the Legion became Naga and Satyrs. The Highborne that didn't come to rely on the Sunwell even rejoined the Night Elves, which is why you can make Night Elf Mages now.

DSN2K

just watched those Cinematics...fantastic stuff, Blizzard have to praised for how much they have improved them over the years.

RPGCrazied

The invasions are really fun, but damn it, the lag is killing me on the main bosses. Fighting around the zone is fine, but the main boss guy after just kills my framerate. Talking around 10fps here. I just don't fight those anymore, still get credit so. Its AQ all over again!!

Anything I can try to get that higher? Already have shadows on good, and particle density at low.

I guess its all this GT 640 can do. lol

Strimei

One nice touch I liked about the DH cinematics were how they were in first person. Admittedly kinda felt like those rides you can go on at like Disney World or whatever where you're "in the action" but still, cool.

Ashodin

One nice touch I liked about the DH cinematics were how they were in first person. Admittedly kinda felt like those rides you can go on at like Disney World or whatever where you're "in the action" but still, cool.

Yeah once I realized it was in first person, I thought it was awesome because I felt like I was really there. Imagine VR with that.

Top Bottom