• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Khezu

They really should have added in new hair styles for the DH's.

Most of the old ones clips over eyes and horns and just look kinda bad.

So I'm going to be getting the physical CE of Legion. (Got to keep that collection going) If I bought the digital pre-order to play a Demon Hunter will Blizzard refund me it when I get my physical copy?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man my Demo lock is so weak compared to my hunter and war for transmog runs. hes about the same ilvl as when I did heroic ICC 25 with the others (640) and its taking me MUCH longer to kill bosses. I mean, im not dying or anything, but damn... I think its slower than my Blood DK was :(

Im still playing Demo #yolo but hopefully it gets some love, I dont think its just not having the artifact :/

edit: I actually just died to Putricide whut >_>

Godan

So I'm going to be getting the physical CE of Legion. (Got to keep that collection going) If I bought the digital pre-order to play a Demon Hunter will Blizzard refund me it when I get my physical copy?

I think they do might be best just to email them though to ask them. Think all they do is take the key you get with the CE or something like that.

lazygecko

I think it's not live until Legion launches. Unless it goes live tomorrow.

Edit: Looks like it's going live tomorrow: https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/762699206268039168

I pity the poor sap on reddit that boosted yesterday or today after a 2-year hiatus.

That seems to allude to the standard lvl100 boost.

I was talking about temporary, limited boosts in order for you to feel out a certain class at its fullest. They talked about this before.

Fjordson

I'm in the same boat and I don't believe they've found any way around this yet. Definitely a bummer.

I'd love to play the DH early and be able to hop in right at midnight on launch, but I think I'm gonna just stick with my physical CE order and wait until that Tuesday night.

Got in, deleted my low-level belf mage and re-used the name for my DH. Character customisation is neat, hope they add some of these features in for other races and have them accessible via the barbershop. This is my first WoW launch event and it's sort of nuts how many other players there are in the starter zone. There literally is an overwhelming army of Demon Hunters just swarming Mardum. There's just this constant stream of players spawning and murdering everything as it spawns. Mardum is a graveyard for the Legion.

boWBVqI.jpg

DH is...interesting. The mobility seems to have some of the same issues that things like Mage Blink have. For example if you try to dash up an incline you just sort of stop dead without moving and the charge is spent anyways. Double jump to glide seems a bit clunky too, I can't seem to trigger it consistently. Maybe I just need some more practice but it's a pretty basic input.

I've got to go so I'll finish the starter area later. Sorry if this is kind of a shitpost.

RPGCrazied

Holy batman those cutscenes on the broken shore are epic.

The invasion stuff is fun, but my god, there is too many people playing right now. Literally like 1000 people in this zone, my poor FPS, got like 9 at one point. lol

Hope it calms down soon, can't play like this.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just watched the post-Broken Shore Horde cinematic

So much for Vol'Jin secretly going off to Zandalar :( RIP Trollbro, it's a damn shame Blizzard decided to do absolutely nothing with the character after making him Warchief. I will probably remain salty about this for a long time.

Rizzi

So far demon invasions have been;
Tank the big demon. Nobody heals, get to run back for five minutes and do it all again.
Fun.

Jag

Finally tried out Weakauras with those custom ones that were posted. Am I missing something? they just seem like additional cool down bars?

I'm in the same boat and I don't believe they've found any way around this yet. Definitely a bummer.

I'd love to play the DH early and be able to hop in right at midnight on launch, but I think I'm gonna just stick with my physical CE order and wait until that Tuesday night.

Found this thread: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20419283368

Instead of a refund they'll give you another digital key to give a friend. Not the best solution but since I have friend that may want to play this might work for me.

RPGCrazied

Just watched the post-Broken Shore Horde cinematic

So much for Vol'Jin secretly going off to Zandalar :( RIP Trollbro, it's a damn shame Blizzard decided to do absolutely nothing with the character after making him Warchief. I will probably remain salty about this for a long time.

Hate to be an alliance player only, they lost so many today. lol

But Vol'Jin too?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hate to be an alliance player only, they lost so many today. lol

But Vol'Jin too?

So many? They only lost Varian AFAIK, so there's parity there for the Horde.
But yeaj, Voljin succumbs to demon poison but not before letting everyone know that the Loa told him Windrunner would be salvation of the Horde. I guess we'll see how that plays out.

So...

Was it explained why Sylvanas just up and left from the Horde's side?

Yup. If you play Broken Shore as Horde, you see that the
Horde forces are totally overrun and most of the big-name characters are injured. They fall back because they have to. Sylvanas doesn't leave the Horde's side, the Horde itself retreats because they are overwhelmed.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
please keep using tags for us in EU that didnt read beta shit :(

RPGCrazied

So many? They only lost Varian AFAIK, so there's parity there for the Horde.
But yeaj, Voljin succumbs to demon poison but not before letting everyone know that the Loa told him Windrunner would be salvation of the Horde. I guess we'll see how that plays out.

I thought Tirion died too in that bubble thing?

Milennia

Got in, deleted my low-level belf mage and re-used the name for my DH. Character customisation is neat, hope they add some of these features in for other races and have them accessible via the barbershop. This is my first WoW launch event and it's sort of nuts how many other players there are in the starter zone. There literally is an overwhelming army of Demon Hunters just swarming Mardum. There's just this constant stream of players spawning and murdering everything as it spawns. Mardum is a graveyard for the Legion.

DH is...interesting. The mobility seems to have some of the same issues that things like Mage Blink have. For example if you try to dash up an incline you just sort of stop dead without moving and the charge is spent anyways. Double jump to glide seems a bit clunky too, I can't seem to trigger it consistently. Maybe I just need some more practice but it's a pretty basic input.

I've got to go so I'll finish the starter area later. Sorry if this is kind of a shitpost.

the demon hunter charge is different than blink in that it always propels you forward, even if theres no surface below you, where as mage needs a surface at least within 30 yds or so for a blink down

Anoregon

I have these wings. But I can't fly. But I have these wings. That Illidan uses for flight.

But I can't fly.

They actually directly addressed that recently - the reasoning was that Illidan himself doesn't really fly as a form of transportation. He hovers during fights and whatever, but he doesn't like, fly from city to city. The idea being that as an Illidari, your wings pop out temporarily for quick bursts, not prolonged flight.

Rhaknar

chickens have wings and they dont fly

there, explained

Top Bottom