• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

M.D

Is there a limit on how many times you can do an invasions? Also weren't they saying these invasion areas will be PvE?

Tunahead

Why don't people like sylvanas as the warchief btw? She's by far the most interesting of the horde leaders (not that this is a huge contest given Blizzard Writing).

Who even are the other Horde leaders?

Trolls! No one. By which I mean there are literally no trolls, except as boss fights in old content.

Tauren! There was a cool guy and then he was killed and now his lamewad son probably leads them unless he died at some point too.

Belfs! A guy with long blonde hair and flowing robes, I swear he had a name. I think he did something during Sunwell and maybe also later.

Orcs! I haven't checked, but it's Thrall. Not the actual Thrall. Just some other wise stoic gravely heroic noble savage orc. But let's be honest here, it's still Thrall. They're all Thrall, except for the ones who are applying for the position of raid boss. It's just a different Thrall because people are sick of the actual Thrall.

Maybe the Pandaren have one as well hahaha just kidding, the Pandaren will never be lore relevant again, but especially now that we're doing a grim demon thing. Hell, the Pandaren were only nominally lore relevant even during MoP.

Oh yeah there's goblins as well. I think they have a guy whose title is "trade prince" and he lives in a private vacation complex, and that's basically enough to be more evocative than all the other horde leaders combined, but he's a goblin, so no.

Winner: Sylvanas, by default. When there's only one candidate, there's only one choice.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Who even are the other Horde leaders?

Trolls! No one. By which I mean there are literally no trolls, except as boss fights in old content.

Tauren! There was a cool guy and then he was killed and now his lamewad son probably leads them unless he died at some point too.

Belfs! A guy with long blonde hair and flowing robes, I swear he had a name. I think he did something during Sunwell and maybe also later.

Orcs! I haven't checked, but it's Thrall. Not the actual Thrall. Just some other wise stoic gravely heroic noble savage orc. But let's be honest here, it's still Thrall. They're all Thrall, except for the ones who are applying for the position of raid boss. It's just a different Thrall because people are sick of the actual Thrall.

Maybe the Pandaren have one as well hahaha just kidding, the Pandaren will never be lore relevant again, but especially now that we're doing a grim demon thing. Hell, the Pandaren were only nominally lore relevant even during MoP.

Oh yeah there's goblins as well. I think they have a guy whose title is "trade prince" and he lives in a private vacation complex, and that's basically enough to be more evocative than all the other horde leaders combined, but he's a goblin, so no.

Winner: Sylvanas, by default. When there's only one candidate, there's only one choice.
Well, the horde are the only vaguely interesting faction so it's no surprise that there's been a lot of leadership churn as they keep going insane or whatever.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this DH stuff is pretty well done, great cut scenes and locales.

Kain

Sylvanas becoming the Warchief is years and years and years of fans crying because she never had nothing to do. She had some stuff during WotLK (Val'kyrs and whatnot) and Cata (Worgen and plague) and even the Undercity event, which was awesome, but people were still not happy. So there you go, now she is the most important Horde character, congrats.

I find her boring tbh, but I play Alli so what the fuck do I know.

Now a priest instead of a warrior for leader of the Alliance... that I don't like. Grenn or Muradin should become leaders. Or Moira, Moira is cool cause she's dark and stuff. Dwarves should rule, come on.

NEs nope, they just don't care. Tyrande is busy looking at Malfurion and Malfurion is busy talking to trees and various animals. The NE leader should have been Fandral, pity he was just a mid-boss.

420bits

Thinking about re-subbing, I'm guessing the only way to get legion activated on your account and get in on the DH / invasion action is to use blizzards store, no other website are sending out keys yet, right?

(EU)

Work has gone from 0 to crazy and will be like this for the next two weeks, yaaaaa, timing. I haven't even been able to complete the Demon Hunter scenario yet. Mardum was pretty awesome and I worked my way partially through the Vault of the Wardens before having to call it a night. I hope I get to play the Broken Shore scenario and complete all of the invasions in time. I'll just have to chunk away at them a little each night if I can.

Super impressed with the Demon Hunter scenario, it's a way more impressive hero class than Death Knight.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
finished the DH stuff, did my first invasion since it was right there in westfall, cool stuff. I actually prefer Veangeance, some really cool stuff there (no eye beam tho)

Acidote

Sylvanas becoming the Warchief is years and years and years of fans crying because she never had nothing to do. She had some stuff during WotLK (Val'kyrs and whatnot) and Cata (Worgen and plague) and even the Undercity event, which was awesome, but people were still not happy. So there you go, now she is the most important Horde character, congrats.

I find her boring tbh, but I play Alli so what the fuck do I know.

Now a priest instead of a warrior for leader of the Alliance... that I don't like. Grenn or Muradin should become leaders. Or Moira, Moira is cool cause she's dark and stuff. Dwarves should rule, come on.

NEs nope, they just don't care. Tyrande is busy looking at Malfurion and Malfurion is busy talking to trees and various animals. The NE leader should have been Fandral, pity he was just a mid-boss.

Anduin is supposedly going to be a Paladin(?) now as per Son of the Wolf comic.

empyrean

Do I need legion to do the invasion stuff? I have pre-ordered but not from blizzard so don't have a key yet :(. If not then how do I get started on the invasion stuff / is there a guide anywhere?

Robin64

Do I need legion to do the invasion stuff? I have pre-ordered but not from blizzard so don't have a key yet :(. If not then how do I get started on the invasion stuff / is there a guide anywhere?

No, you only need Legion to roll a Demon Hunter. Everything else is open to all.

Shahadan

People still keep latching on to the idea of Tinker, especially now we've seen Mekkatorque in a cinematic.

Yeah I was thinking about some sort of engineer/mechanic type of class too tbh. Seems about the only ground they've not covered elsewhere.

Not sure how they'd even make them fit
Needs to be a caster this time though!

Rhaknar

wtf at
Tirion
dying like a little bitch? :/

so what happens on the Horde side of the scenario? Does
Sylvannas really betray Varyan
?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
wtf at
Tirion
dying like a little bitch? :/

so what happens on the Horde side of the scenario? Does
Sylvannas really betray Varyan
?
There's a second demon gate and a massive force of demons come out of it which overwhelm the horde.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Haven't you been paying attention?

We're about the enter the official edgelord expansion. If you don't have wounds that will not heal, you're totally not welcome.

Have you played the DH starter zone? They're way less edgy than you would think, and far more 'Woo, sacrifice myself to chaos, Bro!"

Lanrutcon

Have you played the DH starter zone? They're way less edgy than you would think, and far more 'Woo, sacrifice myself to chaos, Bro!"

Pfft. Don't act like they don't cry into their blindfolds while Linkin Park plays in the background on a 2 minute cooldown.

Will finish the starter zone the moment I get home from work :p

Rizzi

I just realized that none of the ilvl 700 rings, or neck pieces from the invasion vendor have major stats on them. Just stamina and some secondary stats. That's weird right?

M.D

Source? I couldn't find anything.

I thought I read it somewhere, but maybe it was just on reddit or something..

Also, I got this Chaos Crystal regent from the auction house
I'm not sure how anyone got them, probably from the invasion? There are only 2 other on the AH for 444k and 499k, and this one was only 2k so I figured whatever, I put mine at 350K. Hopefully someone buys it lol

Rhaknar

they killed timewalkers? I cant queue for it

edit: and by killed I mean turned them off until Legion, I know the feature isnt being killed

they killed timewalkers? I cant queue for it

It's apexis bonus week. Timewalking is done until some October 11th, at which point BC comes back for a week. Then Wrath on November 8th. Others later.

---

Also, multi-tap ruined skinning.
rage.gif
You can grief people even more than you could before.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I am bothered that the only weapon you can buy with shards is the glaive. Not just because of RNG, but it means I can't get a cool Legiony 2H axe on my warlock that my Felguard can use with the glyph. This is a serious oversight.

Rizzi

I am bothered that the only weapon you can buy with shards is the glaive. Not just because of RNG, but it means I can't get a cool Legiony 2H axe on my warlock that my Felguard can use with the glyph. This is a serious oversight.

The only reason you can buy it is so people who are getting the physical version can get the transmog on their demon hunters.

Rhaknar

I need to do the whole of hyjal for this fucking t6 helm

kill me now

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The only reason you can buy it is so people who are getting the physical version can get the transmog on their demon hunters.

I understand that. Doesn't change the fact that it's kind of lame Warlocks are missing out on a specific aesthetic option that would fit very well with the theme of the class.

Top Bottom