• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

M.D

Does anyone know where can you get a Chaos Crystal (Legion Regent) right now? I got one on the AH for 2K (which I think was a price mistake), there are only 2 others going for 444k and 499k and I'm wondering if I could actually flip it for some ridiculous price?

I am assuming they are from invasions chests?

I did both sides of the broken isles stuff last night

The way that each side of the cutscene shifts the tone based on the side you see was incredibly well done and one of the best things from blizzard in a long time.

It's pulled off very well I think.

Alliance side first I think was the way to go and then the follow up with greymane being on a rampage. Cool stuff.

if the expansion is around that level, it's gonna be a good time

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I did both sides of the broken isles stuff last night

The way that each side of the cutscene shifts the tone based on the side you see was incredibly well done and one of the best things from blizzard in a long time.

It's pulled off very well I think.

Alliance side first I think was the way to go and then the follow up with greymane being on a rampage. Cool stuff.

if the expansion is around that level, it's gonna be a good time

yeah, the fact that you literally can't see what's going on with the horde as the allies was also quite clever

Is there a limit on how many times you can do an invasions? Also weren't they saying these invasion areas will be PvE?

I haven't figured that out (dunno if they said so)

I did a westfall invasion last night, and every horde character was yellow and could not be engaged in PvP(wasn't trying, was getting a pop up saying that you can't pvp here or something)

went to kalimdor for my next 3 invasions, and all were open PVP

Does anyone know where can you get a Chaos Crystal (Legion Regent) right now? I got one on the AH for 2K (which I think was a price mistake), there are only 2 others going for 444k and 499k and I'm wondering if I could actually flip it for some ridiculous price?

I am assuming they are from invasions chests?

Those being available at all now was a bug. They're essentially valueless. No one is going to pay a ridiculous amount. High potential to be erased from your inventory.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yeeeeeeeeeeeeees fuck you forever Hyjal!

or until I notice Im missing some class T6 item that I want, I dont think I am tho

ww6PUyb.png

now the hunt for Armaggedon and the T10 DK boots continues (already failed once this reset on the war). I really want to "finish" my transmogs before Legion so I dont have that gnawing at me at the back of my mind

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Man, there sure is a lot of players during those invasions.

If you're on a PVE server, make sure to not forget to stay away from the other faction town when it's over though. I almost got killed by guards & players when I was looking at my loot at Tarren Mill on my dwarf lol. Though the guards would stay friendly, but nope... they go back to being hostile after 15-20 secs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
a lot of DHs going into Icecrown, what would they want in there for transmog anyway?

Tacitus_

I understand that. Doesn't change the fact that it's kind of lame Warlocks are missing out on a specific aesthetic option that would fit very well with the theme of the class.

I think felguards would look silly with the toothpicks the 2 handers are. I got the mace on my warrior and it's half the size of my other weapon. And the sword also is the size of a large 1h weapon.

ampere

Yeah I was thinking about some sort of engineer/mechanic type of class too tbh. Seems about the only ground they've not covered elsewhere.

Not sure how they'd even make them fit
Needs to be a caster this time though!

They could be ranged like Hunters

I just realized that none of the ilvl 700 rings, or neck pieces from the invasion vendor have major stats on them. Just stamina and some secondary stats. That's weird right?

Jewelry in Legion is like this. Shared by all classes and specs

Lain

Oh man, I get to
swear fealty to Sylvanas
? I haven't yet received my CE for Legion and this is already a 10. Too bad I couldn't take a screenshot during that cutscene, she looked so damn cool.

Rhaknar

remind me, heroic and normal are NOT seperate lockouts in ICC right?

just 10 and 25man?

Rhaknar

might delete my DH and try a lady, its fast enough to do the starting zone anyway

Entropia

No One Remembers
So those Legion invasions are a pain in the ass. I went Vengeance on my DH, so having to tank those mobs without a healer helping out = RIP.

PS Demon Hunters are fun as fuck. Loving Vengeance so far.

Rhaknar

Siege of Orgrimmar and beyond have separate lockouts per difficulty, otherwise it's one lockout per week for old raids, regardless of difficulty

I truest ampere more than anoregon, anoregon plays Marvel Heroes lol noob

Robin64

Guys, you can get the Toys from the MoP Barrens patch. Have to start the Broken Shore questline to phase in that bit of Durotar, but then they are just on sale right there.

OUD6K69.jpg

Lomax

I am bothered that the only weapon you can buy with shards is the glaive. Not just because of RNG, but it means I can't get a cool Legiony 2H axe on my warlock that my Felguard can use with the glyph. This is a serious oversight.

Yeah I wish they would just make all the pieces purchasable. And make the fel work on the armor too. I already have two fel and no weapons.

i like some of the 685 weapons you get from the broken isles stuff

on my druid I swapped specs and saw a 1h mace, staff, and polearm but obviously could only take 1 (took the polearm)

is there a way to get those items anywhere else other than running it like 30 times?

each faction has its own versions of the weapons too

:|

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I don't like that my only option as a ret paladin from this is a 2H mace. Who uses maces? Rack off.

Quest rewards rarely have multiple options for the same spec. At least the invasion has 2H swords and axes.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, of course transmog. That goes without saying. :p
I just find it amusing someone at Blizzard was like "Oh yeah, two handed maces, those are.. those are a thing, right?"

You sure about that?

1cT9ckG.png

Yeah, that list is incomplete for some reason. There are definitely 2H swords and axes

The 2H sword is the first thing shown, axe is around 0:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr_7uMHNUPs

Robin64

Yeah, that list is incomplete for some reason. There are definitely 2H swords and axes

The 2H sword is the first thing shown, axe is around 0:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr_7uMHNUPs

Yeah, they actually removed them since that video was made. Wowhead guides used to list them, then one day the Wowhead tooltips started giving an error instead as the items no longer existed.

http://www.wowhead.com/items/weapons/min-level:700/max-level:700/quality:3?filter=166;7;0#items

Weird. :\

Anoregon

Anoregon

Do you have a particular aversion to 2H swords? It's kind of moot anyway since blizzard apparently decided they didn't want to include them.

Lomax

Guys, you can get the Toys from the MoP Barrens patch. Have to start the Broken Shore questline to phase in that bit of Durotar, but then they are just on sale right there.

OUD6K69.jpg

Awesome, thanks for the tip, I wasn't playing then so I didn't have these.

komplanen

I just started a Demon Hunter and I returned to WoW after a bit of a break.

What's a good (relatively easy to get) flying mount that would fit a DH's aesthetics? Somehow flying on a griphon just doesn't feel right.

Somnia

Really enjoying my Havoc Demon Hunter.

I just recently returned to the game and the group I play with transferred servers. I only had a 100 druid and barely raided in WoD, so starting completely over on this new server.

Up to 690 ilvl already from invasion gear. I guess I'll do invasions and start doing some dungeons till Legion... maybe go build my garrison because why not.

Anoregon

I just started a Demon Hunter and I returned to WoW after a bit of a break.

What's a good (relatively easy to get) mount that would fit a DH's aesthetics?

Netherdrakes from Outland maybe? Relatively easy to get, just a bit of a grind if you want it in less than 2 weeks or so.

So... did Firelands last night to get embers for my shamans legendary and I got this...

wqWbNj5.jpg

Funny enough didn't even notice it until this morning when I went to go do Ulduar (also working on that legendary) and went to sell all the gear. Welp never have to do FL once I get this legendary done at least.

Measley

Went ahead and boosted a Shaman to 100. Kind of miffed that they gave me fists weapons, I would have preferred axes.

Started a DH and tried tanking it in heroic WoD content, pretty nice. Unfortunately I think Monk tanks are going to whither and die because the DH plays so close to them. Same goes for Rogues. DH DPS is like Combat and Subtlety Rogue on steroids.

Top Bottom