• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

vocab

I'm really curious to see how disc performs in challange modes/raids. It seems like one fuck up is all it takes for this spec to fall apart. I'm leveling one, and got to BC dungeons and people are taking too much damage and atonement does fuck all.

Lain

Are items with no main stat, just Stamina and Crit/Haste/Mastery/Versality going to be a thing for the whole of Legion?

You can really tell blizzard put a lot of effort into this pre expansion stuff.

But it's not really all that fun, pvp aside.

The invasions that is, the people in cities randomly turning into enemies thing is providing some fun.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Maces are the best Paladin weapon. Anyone who thinks otherwise can go throw rocks.

For holy/prot maybe, but Ret has always seemed sword-focused imo. I mean, the most iconic Ret pally weapon by far is a sword.

StMeph

As much as I didn't want to see Illidan again, and thought Demon Hunters were more fanservice than Pandaren, I have to admit that their overall aesthetic and design are extremely cohesive and flavorful. The abilities on the bar still feel like a jumbled mess, but the look of the class is pretty great.

Edit:
For holy/prot maybe, but Ret has always seemed sword-focused imo. I mean, the most iconic Ret pally weapon by far is a sword.

Shouldn't the most iconic Ret Paladin weapon be Uther's hammer?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
glaives, chest and a weapon upgrade from 1 chest, not bad :p

forgot you actually need 2 glaives tho >_>

Im really enjoying Vengeance, I would play it as a main spec over Havoc even for leveling.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Shouldn't the most iconic Ret Paladin weapon be Uther's hammer?

No? I don't really see why it would take precedence over Ashbringer. Uther's hammer is only noteworthy because it happened to be the hammer of a famous character. The weapon itself isn't particularly remarkable, AFAIK.

StMeph

No? I don't really see why it would take precedence over Ashbringer. Uther's hammer is only noteworthy because it happened to be the hammer of a famous character. The weapon itself isn't particularly remarkable, AFAIK.

Every Paladin hero in WC3 ran around (slowly) with a big 2H hammer, so I guess that's why I associate hammers with them. The Draenei Paladins like Maraad and Yrel also use Hammer of the Naaru, and 2H Hammers seem to be more closely identified with their overall class design.

I will agree that Ashbringer is more relevant in lore, though, and have zero objections to it being the Ret Paladin artifact.

Join us. Fight for your Warchief!

The easiest way to unite the Horde would be to turn them all into Forsaken.

Lain

My LFR of choice for the last leg quest page was Archimonde and there were 12 DHs lol. The raid was wiping on trash just as I loaded in. Then a couple of wipes on Archimonde for good measure and I got my last page and now that leg ring is mine.

DarkKyo

So what's the current fastest way to level? Dungeons or just grinding out quests? Also are there any notable ways to get EXP boosts besides upgraded heirlooms? I haven't played seriously since Pandaria came out so I'm a bit out of the loop. I have a couple characters around level 90 that I want to get to 100 before Legion is out but I'm not sure if its possible given how little time is left.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
am I missing a vendor? where do you guys buy weapons? all I see is the glaive on any character

Varjis

All hail the rightfull leader of Orgrimmar! He will cleave all who oppose the Horde!

latest

He is the one true Warchief! (And probably will be come next expansion when they decide to make
Sylvanas all Garrosh-y

cdyhybrid

Man, I'm not feeling Havoc DH at all. Low single-target DPS, zero self-heals, long-ass CDs, and average mobility compared to my Monk. I know we're missing talents and the artifact, but I feel like it's 40% of a full class at 100 and I can't quite see that gap getting filled

As much as I didn't want to see Illidan again, and thought Demon Hunters were more fanservice than Pandaren, I have to admit that their overall aesthetic and design are extremely cohesive and flavorful. The abilities on the bar still feel like a jumbled mess, but the look of the class is pretty great.

That's because Havoc is missing the lynchpin of their entire playstyle - Momentum.

The whole spec is about knowing when to build and when to spend to get maximum output during those 4-second windows.

Anoregon

All hail the rightfull leader of Orgrimmar! He will cleave all who oppose the Horde!

He is the one true Warchief! (And probably will be come next expansion when they decide to make
Sylvanas all Garrosh-y

I'd be cool with it, but lore wise he's supposed to be too old. He's a veteran of the first and second wars. He's still a super badass, but he's like a super badass grandpa.

Rhaknar

You can't purchase any of the weapons except for the Glaive. You'll have to do the invasions to get the weapons from the lockboxes.

ah ok. bought a second glaive since they are BoA and deleted my male DH and made a female one (after sending the glaives of course), wasnt feeling the male animations, he looks super stiff, I usually dont like elf females (well elves in genral but yeah) because of the "tiny weapon and shoulders syndrome" but the glaives are actually huge on females, and Demon Hunter doesnt seem like a class that needs bulky ass big shoulders anyway

does anyone know what the choice you do in the demon hunter experience changes? is it legion stuff, is it the follower you get?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
being too old for warchief doesn't really make sense when they usually have 2-4 year reigns anyways

it should have been nazgrim. it should have always been nazgrim.

Anoregon

being too old for warchief doesn't really make sense when they usually have 2-4 year reigns anyways

It's ok, he's at least back in action and fighting the good fight.

I kind of agree, though. Imagine if SoO ended up with us fighting (but not killing) Naz, him realizing his loyalty to the horde at large trumps loyalty to Garrosh, and he ended up as new Warchief after helping us take Garrosh down. I've always liked Vol'Jin, but that could have played out pretty well.

Jag

Guys, you can get the Toys from the MoP Barrens patch. Have to start the Broken Shore questline to phase in that bit of Durotar, but then they are just on sale right there.

Important to note that you have to have the broken shore quest active on Horde to see this vendor. Once you complete it, the vendor is phased out. And DHs don't get that quest.

Somnia

That's because Havoc is missing the lynchpin of their entire playstyle - Momentum.

The whole spec is about knowing when to build and when to spend to get maximum output during those 4-second windows.

Ya I feel like I'm doing ok DPS wise right now on my Havoc, but I haven't played in ages so I probably am not. I haven't ran dungeons yet though.

Momentum will be what really boosts the dps... now to wait.

Khezu

Well I'm a big stan for the Banshee Queen, Nazgrim would have been a great alternative.

Dude deserved better then what he got.

Khezu

Is there a glyph guide or something?

I don't know where to find anything about anything.

I just want to know where to find warlock glyphs?

I looked on the AH and alla they had was crimson banish and soulwell.

Varjis

It's ok, he's at least back in action and fighting the good fight.

I kind of agree, though. Imagine if SoO ended up with us fighting (but not killing) Naz, him realizing his loyalty to the horde at large trumps loyalty to Garrosh, and he ended up as new Warchief after helping us take Garrosh down. I've always liked Vol'Jin, but that could have played out pretty well.

I would have liked this.

Daniel R

The first quest of the Broken shore scenario gives you a hearthstone item to Stormwind/Orgrimmar with a 10 second cooldown!

Very handy if you stay on that quest until Legion is out.

Lanrutcon

So there's a bug going around.

You get PVP flagged during an invasion, without doing anything, just by entering the zone. Something to do with the phasing.

Edit: To get it off, flag yourself, then unflag yourself. That'll start your timer.

lord quas

So I have no idea whether to spec elemental or restoration for Legion. I mean, I felt pretty useless as a resto shaman during the Broken Shore scenario and the invasions. Healers almost seem kind of lame when it comes to lore.

Top Bottom