• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
wonder how long before blizzard addresses people getting rewarded for merely being in the zone and not doing anything and getting a chest

Ashodin

CphfVF_VUAAqN-9.jpg

this entire event has increased my faith in legion twentyfold. feels like an mmorpg again

breh you have no idea

wonder how long before blizzard addresses people getting rewarded for merely being in the zone and not doing anything and getting a chest

is it really that big of a deal? Legion is a little under three weeks away.

cdyhybrid

What should I boost, rogue or DK??

I know it's totally subjective and you can't really go "wrong" but I can't decide on my own. A friend says that DK DPS is pretty good right now.

I agree. The invasions have been so insanely populated, trade and LFG chat is flying by with actual game discussion. I love it.
Either one is fine. Unholy and Assassination are doing well in beta.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

They already did to some degree. They reduced the nethershards awarded for just being there, and added nethershard drops to the named demons for people who are involved in killing them.

You can still AFK for the 2 chests, though. They really should add all of the weapons to the nethershard vendor.

cdyhybrid

They already did. That's why they moved shards to drop from the bosses, so people don't get a good portion of the rewards if they're just AFK in the air.

Ashodin

They already did to some degree. They reduced the nethershards awarded for just being there, and added nethershard drops to the named demons for people who are involved in killing them.

You can still AFK for the 2 chests, though. They really should add all of the weapons to the nethershard vendor.

Yes. I have opened nothing but armor pieces

I mean I'll take money buuuut

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

i mean considering as an alliance toon on my server u can't get near the events without being killed by the horde i think that's fine

Fjordson

I think because of population imbalance they can't fully eliminate that. I haven't had a problem with it, but I've seen some forum threads saying they were just getting zerged by the opposite faction whenever they tried to move in and participate.

Agreed on that last bit. I've yet to see any weapons on any of the 3 characters I'm doing invasions on.

Entropia

No One Remembers
so I assume those pieces that you can buy cant drop from the chests, since the pieces from the chests arent available to buy. I just want to make sure so I dont wast marks

I got a Coalesced Fel (weapon upgrade item) from a chest.

I did not receive a ring or anything though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't blame people on my realms for AFKing over the zone either though because the fact that the invasion zones aren't sanctuaries make it a real shit show. And I don't even mean ganking but just nonstop cleave off the boss on melee.

i'm just straight up not using glaive toss or fel rush because I don't want to kill someone killing a demon

strafer

The names people call you in random dungeons, its pretty scary, im starting to question the sanity of some of wow players out there.

If i get called a faggot one more time...

*hoovering the delete account button*

StMeph

What should I boost, rogue or DK??

I know it's totally subjective and you can't really go "wrong" but I can't decide on my own. A friend says that DK DPS is pretty good right now.

I wouldn't boost based on current power levels. It's still pre-patch, and Blizzard's nerfbat is always heavy handed. Artifacts are going to force extremely focus class specs, so you're better off choosing something you really like unless you're in a competitive Mythic raiding guild.

Ashodin

I can't blame people on my realms for AFKing over the zone either though because the fact that the invasion zones aren't sanctuaries make it a real shit show. And I don't even mean ganking but just nonstop cleave off the boss on melee.

i'm just straight up not using glaive toss or fel rush because I don't want to kill someone killing a demon
pve realms win

Zelias

Banned
Across several characters I've had a few weapons and Coalesced Fel drops. Fucking Paladin got THREE 2h maces :(

Also, yeah, PVP in this is a shitshow. Too much cleave so even if you're not trying to fuck it up for everyone else you do anyway.

so the cloth/leather etc nethershard items are just transmog pieces of the same items we're getting out of the chests right?

I got the wand on my priest but I've got no offhand so thats basically useless

Fjordson

I wouldn't boost based on current power levels. It's still pre-patch, and Blizzard's nerfbat is always heavy handed. Artifacts are going to force extremely focus class specs, so you're better off choosing something you really like unless you're in a competitive Mythic raiding guild.
That's a good point. I'm just trying to find any sort of differentiating factor because I can't decide :lol

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
so the cloth/leather etc nethershard items are just transmog pieces of the same items we're getting out of the chests right?

I got the wand on my priest but I've got no offhand so thats basically useless

All of the armor pieces you can get in chests are the same as the transmog 'appearance' unlocks, yes.

I honestly don't get why you can't buy weapons that aren't the glaives, feels like a really weird decision. I've gotten the 1-hand axe on my DH 3 times, and zero other weapons in like 20+ invasions.

Ofc, I've also gotten the stupid plate chestpiece 8+ times on my paladin....

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I got a Coalesced Fel (weapon upgrade item) from a chest.

I did not receive a ring or anything though.

yeah I got a couple of Fel, I meant the rings and shit

also, and this is in no way a knock on the event, I think its great, but I think im going to go ahead and buy NMS on friday, I dont see invasions holding me off until the 30th, im already kinda bored of them and not that fussed with the gear, and im near done on my transmog runs for now, so yeah, I might need something else to hold me over until Legion

Timewalkers being gone for now doesnt help either, I cba doing heroics on the DH, I would have done timewalkers tho.

Strimei

CphfVF_VUAAqN-9.jpg

this entire event has increased my faith in legion twentyfold. feels like an mmorpg again

One thing I really like is the various abilities each of the boss mobs use. They're varied and some actually require you to think (the horror!). For example, there's one dreadlord that has a shield up that makes him invulnerable until you knock sense into 10 nearby mobs that should be friendly to you but are mind controlled at the moment.

I saw a Horde raid spend an amazing amount of time fighting him without going "hmm, he has a buff that clearly says he's invulnerable until we do this specific thing, should we bother? Naaaah". Heh.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What else am I supposed to do as an Alliance in Azshara?

Somnia

Really hoping I can get some Invasions done tonight to get more gear on my DH. I may start my Garrison or just jump into some dungeons, maybe LFR to experience the WoD raids before Legion hits.

I have a lot I want to try to do before Legion starts and everyone moves on.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so DHs cant do transmog runs until 24 hours after being created...

lolwhut? >_>

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
What's the quickest way to lvl from 1 nowadays? I have a couple of heirloom pieces, but no guild yet (or gold) for the rest.

Eric WK

Went ahead and boosted a Shaman to 100. Kind of miffed that they gave me fists weapons, I would have preferred axes.

Started a DH and tried tanking it in heroic WoD content, pretty nice. Unfortunately I think Monk tanks are going to whither and die because the DH plays so close to them. Same goes for Rogues. DH DPS is like Combat and Subtlety Rogue on steroids.

Do invasions and you'll get two of the 700 axe in no time.

What's the quickest way to lvl from 1 nowadays? I have a couple of heirloom pieces, but no guild yet (or gold) for the rest.

You can Google for specifics, but basically quest until ~15 in your looms. Go to the Darkmoon Fair as soon as possible for the carousel and spam dungeons. If you have a healing or tank spec available, enjoy instant queues. Otherwise, quest in appropriate zones while queuing as DPS. Once you get to the expansions, dungeon returns differ so you may alter the quest to dungeon ratio as needed. Once in Draenor, there are expensive ways to make 90-100 take as little as two hours. Depending on your budget you can alter the plan by only using the garrison XP potion and making sure to get the rested XP treasures.

I just hit 100 today on my Shaman that was in the high 70s a week ago using heirlooms to 90 and the carousel the past couple days. Didn't have my heirlooms upgraded to 100, but even without them 90-100 flew by using the principles from the common guides.

Rhaknar

is there a good list of useful engineering devices? I need to build all that crap

I made the wormhole to pandaland and northrend now, and also moll-e. I cant make blingy 5000 yet, and for some reason I cant make jeeves. what else is there (useful stuff, not joke-y stuff)

cdyhybrid

is there a good list of useful engineering devices? I need to build all that crap

I made the wormhole to pandaland and northrend now, and also moll-e. I cant make blingy 5000 yet, and for some reason I cant make jeeves. what else is there (useful stuff, not joke-y stuff)
Loot-a-rang

Fjordson

Up to launch. They'll get progressively more frequent as the weeks go by too until the last week where they'll always be up.
Ooh I didn't know this. So like the spawn timer for them will start to go down? That's a cool idea. Makes me less worried abou trying to hit them all right now.

Godan

Think i might just try and farm as much for bat pets as i can and sell them after the invasions are gone as i dont think you can get them after that.

Top Bottom