• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
it i very easy to gear a character in full 700 right now with invasions to get you not so gimped for when Legion starts (and to help do some transmog runs before Legion too), its a alt's wet dream, especially if you just got back to the game.

Ive startedt leaving one character in kalimdor to do those invasions when they pop, and ill do the eastern kingdom ones with my other guys. when the kalimdor guy is full 700 ill switch to another I guess

Went ahead and boosted a Shaman to 100. Kind of miffed that they gave me fists weapons, I would have preferred axes.

Started a DH and tried tanking it in heroic WoD content, pretty nice. Unfortunately I think Monk tanks are going to whither and die because the DH plays so close to them. Same goes for Rogues. DH DPS is like Combat and Subtlety Rogue on steroids.

Eh. Havoc is closer to Warrior than Rogue IMO. The combo point/finisher system is absent, which is really what defines Rogue for me, besides the stealth mechanic. Vengeance is super fun though, but I haven't tanked on a Monk ever so I'm not sure how apt a comparison that is.

-----

Also, MoveAnything updated and now lets you adjust the talking head frame, so I can finally get that out of the way.

ampere

Is there a glyph guide or something?

I don't know where to find anything about anything.

I just want to know where to find warlock glyphs?

I looked on the AH and alla they had was crimson banish and soulwell.

This sums up a big problem I have with the changes to the glyph system. They could have made all glyphs minor glyphs, sure, but the interface the game has was pretty good and there was no reason to get rid of it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Eh. Havoc is closer to Warrior than Rogue IMO. The combo point/finisher system is absent, which is really what defines Rogue for me, besides the stealth mechanic. Vengeance is super fun though, but I haven't tanked on a Monk ever so I'm not sure how apt a comparison that is.

-----

Also, MoveAnything updated and now lets you adjust the talking head frame, so I can finally get that out of the way.

withg all the self healing vengeance has it feels more like a blood DK to me.

also real talk, the starting glaives are the best looking glaives in the game right now ;_;

How often can you do Invasions on a character? I'm just curious how often they are up, etc.

why would there be a limit on the times you can do them, its open world content. I havent figured out how long they take to repop, they stay up for 4 hours but right now people just go do them imediatly

cdyhybrid

This sums up a big problem I have with the changes to the glyph system. They could have made all glyphs minor glyphs, sure, but the interface the game has was pretty good and there was no reason to get rid of it.
Well, they would have had to tweak the old interface since there's no limit on how many glyphs you can have active now, but that certainly would have been better than what they have now, which is nothing :lol

How often can you do Invasions on a character? I'm just curious how often they are up, etc.

You can do each "spawn" of an invasion once per character. They respawn every four hours right now. Rule of thumb is if you can see the icons on the world map, you can get loot from it.

MMaRsu

Just did the invasion quest this morning and those were some REALLY amazing moments

No mans sky keeps pulling me back tho

mclem

To repeat my offer from last week: If any EU GAFfer wants to get the Archi mount, get in touch with me on the battle.net ID you see in the email tags when you quote this, and I'll get you into this raid.

GOd damn.

I got my DH to 697 right now, but I have a feeling I will get shunned from HFC unless I had a group to run with.

Me and him are switching mains for Legion, so we're getting carried through some stuff right now. Tonight is regular raid time and we're doing heroic first, and then we'll get carried through most of Mythic with whatever time is left and tomorrow. I don't think I would want to burden the team with a DH on Mannoroth or Archimonde though. Manno maybe, M Arch? I think not.

Rhaknar

the lag is real in EU right now o_O

this Tarren Mill invasion was rough with all the lag

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Long-term, I'm wondering what Demon Hunter's raid position desirability looks like once their numbers go down. To call their survivability poor as melee dps would be understating it.

100% leech on a 5 minute CD isn't gonna do it

cdyhybrid

Long-term, I'm wondering what Demon Hunter's raid position desirability looks like once their numbers go down. To call their survivability poor as melee dps would be understating it.

100% leech on a 5 minute CD isn't gonna do it
It's fine. Blur is an amazing defensive.

So I have no idea whether to spec elemental or restoration for Legion. I mean, I felt pretty useless as a resto shaman during the Broken Shore scenario and the invasions. Healers almost seem kind of lame when it comes to lore.

Elemental is awful. AWFUL.You are king of the wok, i.e. the great noodle master.

I played a bit with the tanking DH spec last night and it seemed OK. Clearly not at Blood DK/Prot Warrior levels at least at 100.

ampere

So I have no idea whether to spec elemental or restoration for Legion. I mean, I felt pretty useless as a resto shaman during the Broken Shore scenario and the invasions. Healers almost seem kind of lame when it comes to lore.

It's still way way better to level as a dps spec, even if you want to heal at max level. The first 10 or so artifact traits don't cost that much to learn, so you aren't screwed if you level as non-main spec

KLoWn

Is there any Rogue in here that can help me? Before they trimmed away a lot of the skills I had something on my Assassin Rogue that made me automatically travel behind my target from a distance and start attacking. Was that a glyph thing or an ability? I can't remember.
The only thing I know is my Rogue feels kinda slow without it.
And why did they remove it if that's what they did.

Rizzi

It's still way way better to level as a dps spec, even if you want to heal at max level. The first 10 or so artifact traits don't cost that much to learn, so you aren't screwed if you level as non-main spec

Leveling as a healer sounds like a special kind of hell.

cdyhybrid

Is there any Rogue in here that can help me? Before they trimmed away a lot of the skills I had something on my Assassin Rogue that made me automatically travel behind my target from a distance and start attacking. Was that a glyph thing or an ability? I can't remember.
The only thing I know is my Rogue feels kinda slow without it.
And why did they remove it if that's what they did.
Shadowstep?

Elemental is awful. AWFUL.You are king of the wok, i.e. the great noodle master.

I played a bit with the tanking DH spec last night and it seemed OK. Clearly not at Blood DK/Prot Warrior levels at least at 100.

You must not know any geared/good elementals. The one in my raid (who was enhance pre-patch) can crush on short fights (read: most of them).

And Shadowstep was a talent, now it's baseline (for all specs?). Search your spellbook.

KLoWn

Shadowstep?
Nah, that's the same thing, but it has a cooldown, and I have to execute it manually. The other one work all the time. I think I had to be stealthed though.

Shit, I can't remember =/

Maybe it'll pop up again as an artifact upgrade.

cdyhybrid

Nah, that's the same thing, but it has a cooldown, and I have to execute it manually. The other one work all the time. I think I had to be stealthed though.

I kinda vaguely remember there possibly being a talent that teleported you to a mob when you used an opener. If that was actually a thing I'm pretty sure it's gone now.

Rhaknar

you know the alliance to horde ratio is jacked when you do a hillsbrad invasion, you get to kalimdor and the invasion is OUTSIDE orgrimmar, and its still in stage one >_>

M.D

Alright, got my Monk to 60

Now to decide if I actually want to boost him or not lol
I can't fucking decide. I like him well enough, but I like warrior so much more than any other tanking class I've tried so I keep thinking to myself "Why do I only have charge? Monks are supposed to be mobile, and as a Prot Warrior I can charge my enemies as well as intercept damage to my allies AND leap like a badass motherfucker"

The Prot Warrior has such a ridiculously good toolkit it's not fair

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
it always starts at stage one when you enter

Speaking of which, how does that work? I mean, everyone seems to be at stage one when you enter, no matter if you enter 15 mins later or not...? There's multiple Stage 1, 2 and 3 running at the same time and you just happen to always enter a phase where Stage 1 is just starting?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Speaking of which, how does that work? I mean, everyone seems to be at stage one when you enter, no matter how late they enter...? There's multiple Stage 1, 2 and 3 running at the same time?

Considering there are only 2 invasions/zones active, yup!

ampere

I kinda vaguely remember there possibly being a talent that teleported you to a mob when you used an opener. If that was actually a thing I'm pretty sure it's gone now.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Cloak_and_Dagger

Yea looks like it's gone

Speaking of which, how does that work? I mean, everyone seems to be at stage one when you enter, no matter if you enter 15 mins later or not...? There's multiple Stage 1, 2 and 3 running at the same time?
Probably just phasing you into an instance with people on the same stage as you.

Rhaknar

so I assume those pieces that you can buy cant drop from the chests, since the pieces from the chests arent available to buy. I just want to make sure so I dont wast marks

Strimei

Got the weapon I wanted from the invasions (Eredar Battle Blade). I can now stop worrying and running around to every invasion like crazy and take my time.

CphfVF_VUAAqN-9.jpg

this entire event has increased my faith in legion twentyfold. feels like an mmorpg again

Fjordson

What should I boost, rogue or DK??

I know it's totally subjective and you can't really go "wrong" but I can't decide on my own. A friend says that DK DPS is pretty good right now.

CphfVF_VUAAqN-9.jpg

this entire event has increased my faith in legion twentyfold. feels like an mmorpg again
I agree. The invasions have been so insanely populated, trade and LFG chat is flying by with actual game discussion. I love it.

Top Bottom