• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Onivulk

Banned
Ive been doing these demon invasions on my mage and its been great but they just gave me a wand and my offhand is pretty much garbage. Is there any chance they'll still drop me a staff?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ive been doing these demon invasions on my mage and its been great but they just gave me a wand and my offhand is pretty much garbage. Is there any chance they'll still drop me a staff?

theres only that wand for casters

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
whenever i see a demon hunter without glaives it kind of humanizes them to me

like 'oh they actually aren't that cool. it's just the glaives'

M.D

For those of you who have done Heroic or Mythic progression, how important it is to have 2 different tank classes and have at least one of them bring raid utility like a Paladin? Do you try to avoid having 2 of the same tank class like 2 Warriors, Druids, etc...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
For those of you who have done Heroic or Mythic progression, how important it is to have 2 different tank classes and have at least one of them bring raid utility like a Paladin? Do you try to avoid having 2 of the same tank class like 2 Warriors, Druids, etc...

For Heroic we used double Paladins all the way to 13/13H with little issue.

I was in a different guild for Mythics, and it depends on what those two classes are.

Lain

The names people call you in random dungeons, its pretty scary, im starting to question the sanity of some of wow players out there.

If i get called a faggot one more time...

*hoovering the delete account button*

People talk in dungeons?

You definitely want two different main tanks for Mythic. Just having the slightly different tool kits, not necessarily sharing the same gear, etc. is a strength. You get options for fights where some classes may be better than others, especially in terms of something like absorbs vs. self-healing for tanks. Having two plate or two leather is fine, if you can diversify more between armor classes that's even better.

The main thing is having different tools, e.g. - DHs and DKs now being the only ones with a mass grip effect. Vs. whatever utility other tanks may bring. And just in general for Mythic you want to be as diverse as possible except for stacking no more than 3 or so of whatever the FOTM class is. Generally no more than 2 of anything else, particularly the same spec.

farmed all the new transmog/gear sets and bought the pet. i don't care about the upgrade items, so i'm done with invasions for now.

Sheeit. You must've been doing them almost constantly on various characters. I haven't invested that much into them yet, but I'll get there eventually when they ramp up in frequency. Definitely want all the stuff.

Sölf

Farming transmog items, when suddenly:

277lHBj.png

I am not sure, but something seems off...

Lomax

The per-character phasing/lockout system on the invasions is actually quite brilliant. You can basically run invasions constantly on multiple characters if you really want to. It always "feels" like a singular world event going on even when it isn't. It's a brilliant use of the crz and phasing tech and I hope it's indicative of the type of questing that exists in Legion and their general game design going forward.

I can't speak for Draenor, but our progression team in MoP was two Guardian Druids for the entire expansion. We were Heroic.

Ashodin

The per-character phasing/lockout system on the invasions is actually quite brilliant. You can basically run invasions constantly on multiple characters if you really want to. It always "feels" like a singular world event going on even when it isn't. It's a brilliant use of the crz and phasing tech and I hope it's indicative of the type of questing that exists in Legion and their general game design going forward.

It is

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sold three felbats for 20k each for minimum effort *shrugs*

Wait what? Why? You get 150 marks in no time. People are weird

I keep binding those pets from legacy raids when I get them in my transmog runs, I bet they go for a pretty penny also. Sigh. I don't even care for pets :/

Lomax

Sold three felbats for 20k each for minimum effort *shrugs*

Really? That's... odd. They aren't even hard to get and they were already down to 3k on my server on day one, but I see they are bouncing back up now. I guess they do have some long term potential after all, I figured they'd end up being fairly worthless when I saw how easy they are to get.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
those silithid mounts that you can ONLY use in ahn'qiraj are surely one of the most head-scratching design choices in wow history

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Watched all the cinematics

Like, fuck me and fuck Metzen

Lomax

those silithid mounts that you can ONLY use in ahn'qiraj are surely one of the most head-scratching design choices in wow history

It made sense back then, some people raiding legitimately didn't have mounts (especially epic mounts) and you just couldn't do AQ without a mount, so they had to provide one without diminishing the still significant accomplishment of getting the regular ones. But they should have removed the AQ restriction years ago. But for some reason Blizzard is always loathe to remove already existing restrictions (in fact they are much more prone towards adding even more restrictions, as we've seen).

the fel spreader toy is 120k on my server

There were like five groups up "farming" it earlier in lfg, hopefully it will become more common or there will be a better way to get it as the event goes on.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
It made sense back then, some people raiding legitimately didn't have mounts (especially epic mounts) and you just couldn't do AQ without a mount, so they had to provide one without diminishing the still significant accomplishment of getting the regular ones. But they should have removed the AQ restriction years ago. But for some reason Blizzard is always loathe to remove already existing restrictions (in fact they are much more prone towards adding even more restrictions, as we've seen).

They also don't want to devalue (lol) the Archaeology mount, nor the (more likely) 25 dollar laughing skull bug thing from the store.

Lomax

They also don't want to devalue (lol) the Archaeology mount, nor the (more likely) 25 dollar laughing skull bug thing from the store.

And the Scarab Lord mount as well which was a pretty big deal at the time. And I sort of understand that, but it's been a decade now, we need fewer restrictions on things. I'm still baffled and annoyed by all the transmog restrictions. Blizzard has made some steps to being more alt/account wide friendly, but not nearly enough.

For example in my opinion, if you are soloing, transmogs should unlock for everything that drops, period. Regardless of class or type. Forcing you to have to farm each armor type individually is pointlessly restrictive. It doesn't make things more special or meaningful, it just adds tedium and repetition to the process. There's already enough of that existing in the drop system as it is, piling another thing on top of it is dumb.

HowZatOZ

Banned
And the Scarab Lord mount as well which was a pretty big deal at the time. And I sort of understand that, but it's been a decade now, we need fewer restrictions on things. I'm still baffled and annoyed by all the transmog restrictions. Blizzard has made some steps to being more alt/account wide friendly, but not nearly enough.

For example in my opinion, if you are soloing, transmogs should unlock for everything that drops, period. Regardless of class or type. Forcing you to have to farm each armor type individually is pointlessly restrictive. It doesn't make things more special or meaningful, it just adds tedium and repetition to the process. There's already enough of that existing in the drop system as it is, piling another thing on top of it is dumb.
What's worse is I'm a druid who can use cloth and leather yet can't unlock cloth transmogs. Incredibly annoying.

j-wood

So i'm working on my warrior (level 44) and I don't see any invasion icons on my map like I did on the demon hunter I made. Do you have to be max level to do those?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
you say that every time
Stop

WoD was the greatest shit I had ever seen, same with MoP except the ending. Thunder King? Holy fucking shit, if anything, THAT'S art.

Stop jumping on the yoshi-hate bandwagon like every single casual tool lately. It's getting more repetetive and linear than the story line of this expansion

Top Bottom