• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Strimei

Ooh I didn't know this. So like the spawn timer for them will start to go down? That's a cool idea. Makes me less worried abou trying to hit them all right now.

That's my understanding, yes. I would imagine next week is probably 2 hours, then 1 hour, then either half hour (halving) or always (they did say it'd always be up at the end).

I love these invasions. Afk in the corner of the map and get huge upgrades on all of my characters. Also finished the Cloth and Leather transmog sets without buying them from the vendor. If only the plate boots would drop now.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Stop

WoD was the greatest shit I had ever seen, same with MoP except the ending. Thunder King? Holy fucking shit, if anything, THAT'S art.

Stop jumping on the yoshi-hate bandwagon like every single casual tool lately. It's getting more repetetive and linear than the story line of this expansion

The Broken shore videos are the best in-game cinematics the game has ever produced. Haters gonna hate I guess

I got the invasion bow. It's a very boring design

Yes it is very terrible. Looks like a level 15 green.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
These fuckers need to get out of my garrison.

S0Rfbq6l.png

scoobs

Hey guys I just resubbed and haven't played in over a year... what addons do i need? Need health bars, cooldown timers, stuff like that for PVP mainly

Ashodin

Stop

WoD was the greatest shit I had ever seen, same with MoP except the ending. Thunder King? Holy fucking shit, if anything, THAT'S art.

Stop jumping on the yoshi-hate bandwagon like every single casual tool lately. It's getting more repetetive and linear than the story line of this expansion

I never said I was on the hate wagon

you just have a habit of hating the new stuff

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I never said I was on the hate wagon

you just have a habit of hating the new stuff
But that's not true at all, wtf. Heck, some people say I'm too hyper regarding new stuff, saying I need to calm down.

So what is it? Am I too enthusiastic about new shit, or too hate'y? The haters don't know anymore. Because I'm neither, I am what I personally feel towards that specific thing, I'm not pre-determined on liking/disliking something.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
But that's not true at all, wtf. Heck, some people say I'm too hyper regarding new stuff, saying I need to calm down.

So what is it? Am I too enthusiastic about new shit, or too hate'y? The haters don't know anymore. Because I'm neither,

Because you're both. Just not at the same time. There's an immediate, extreme reaction one way or the other pretty much every time.

those silithid mounts that you can ONLY use in ahn'qiraj are surely one of the most head-scratching design choices in wow history

Like already mentioned, there were good reasons at the time. Also, I think regular mounts may not have been allowed in AQ for a good while, so you HAD to use the bugs that dropped there.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Because you're both. Just not at the same time. There's an immediate, extreme reaction one way or the other pretty much every time.
And i don't see how this is ANY DIFFERENT from kneejerk reactions like "OMG BEST CINEMATICS BEST WRITING"-comments.

Lomax

What's worse is I'm a druid who can use cloth and leather yet can't unlock cloth transmogs. Incredibly annoying.

I understand not wanting hunters and plate wearers to have an advantage unlocking stuff, but the better solution is let everyone unlock everything, rather than being more restrictive. It's not like they need to maximize the content. If they want to keep the restrictions on current content, fine, but anything older should be ffa unlocking.

Anoregon

And i don't see how this is ANY DIFFERENT from kneejerk reactions like "OMG BEST CINEMATICS BEST WRITING"-comments.

I dunno what to tell you man, it just is. There's a reason your reactions manage to rise above the din of everyone else's to the point where folks singly remember them, and it's not just because gaf happens to have a bunch of nebulous "haters."

I don't have nearly enough of an agenda to spend much more time talking about this, but that's just how it looks to me and I doubt I'm alone. You're Yoshi, the super reactionary blizzard guy who loves/hates blizzard stuff more than most other people. Own it instead of railing against it every time folks point it out.

belushy

Banned
Welp bought it on a whim last night. Not my first venture as I played a few times with my dad's characters when he played a lot. My parents got back into it and convinced me to give it a try. A 100 boost is nice , but I'm gonna level the old fashioned way for a few characters still.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
wait.. i rolled my dh and did everything step by step. the quest line lead me to khadgar which lead me to org where voljin was already stabbed. when did the battle cinematic where he gets hurt play if you did dh. was it decided by choosing between the two dh? dont think i skipped anything.

Strimei

Any monks experiencing that annoying "sticking" when it comes to roll/chi torpedo/flying serpent kick?

I want to move around, blast it, not get stuck spinning in midair.

wait.. i rolled my dh and did everything step by step. the quest line lead me to khadgar which lead me to org where voljin was already stabbed. when did the battle cinematic where he gets hurt play if you did dh. was it decided by choosing between the two dh? dont think i skipped anything.

That's from doing hte Broken Shore, and Demon Hunters don't do that.

Ashodin

Nope, DH happens right after Broken Shore.

So order of content is Broken Shore -> make a DH

ampere

Broken Shore happens while DKs are escaping, so you have to do Broken Shore on another class or watch it on Youtube

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
ok cool, thats fine then, just weird from a dh perspective since you def feel like you missed a beat..guess ill go do it on another char just for achievements or whatever

Broken Shore takes place at the same time as escape from the Vault. You show up after the fact and wouldn't have witnessed the events of the Broken Shore.

I'm an expert

Broken Shore takes place at the same time as escape from the Vault. You show up after the fact and wouldn't have witnessed the events of the Broken Shore.

just seems weird they dont consider people who are rerolling dh. you just walk in with voljin hurt and be like.. eh? do non-dh get the scene of what happens with sylvanas? if so, seems odd to leave dh out of the story loop

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
just seems weird they dont consider people who are rerolling dh. you just walk in with voljin hurt and be like.. eh? do non-dh get the scene of what happens with sylvanas? if so, seems odd to leave dh out of the story loop

well given the level requirement of DHs, they are likely assuming you have another character.

I'm an expert

well given the level requirement of DHs, they are likely assuming you have another character.

that i had no intention of playing during prepatch since i switched to dh.. maybe in the future, sure

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I bet they will eventually add more races to Demon Hunters just based on how they always do something and I think the likely two culprits will be Orcs and Draenei due to their history with demonic forces. Seeing a male Draenei flying through the air would be hilarious.
that i had no intention of playing during prepatch since i switched to dh.. maybe in the future, sure

I mean, then enjoy the immersion of it. You're likely not supposed to know everything as your character. Part of your entire backstory is you've been locked up for years. They likely want new players that roll DHs to be confused about the state of the Alliance and Horde at first. Since they did such a big shake-up.

Anoregon

I just became a dreadlord and killed the org flightmaster.

Rafy

Anyone else having trouble with invasions in EU? Both Tanaris and Hillsbrad invasions are showing up on the map, but no actual invasions are going on (on the server I'm on at least)...

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
is there an accurate list of weapons available for the invasion? doesnt seem like the wowhead guide removed the ones that were unreleased

ive gotten the mace 5 times, and nothing else on my druid/priest. 1 time the bow on my hunter

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Felforged Plate makes me look like a bronze Buzz Lightyear.

biaxident

Decided to try a few invasions as disc just so tanks don't die on the last boss repeatedly, I can keep alliance guys alive but the poor belf DH's run in, taunt, and die. Pretty funny to watch.

Lain

Anyone else having trouble with invasions in EU? Both Tanaris and Hillsbrad invasions are showing up on the map, but no actual invasions are going on (on the server I'm on at least)...

Yeah. Feels like the Invasion is happening, we're just not getting phased in.

Gotta say, the Antonidas shield looks amazing with these new fel sets. Especially the mail one, which matches the golden shades perfectly.

If anyone wants a matching kilt, this one seems to work best:

32ece2918051126ead7a51e43aa19138.png

That said, I kinda like the pants look for this set.

Top Bottom