• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I cant get to this fucking BRD pattern for a Jeeves mat and its pissing me off in a bad way

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i dunno if it was like this before, but with the new draw distance options, flying over the old zones and seeing the land stretch out into the horizon
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

being able to see mount hyjal in the distance looming over you when you're in the barrens
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

that said, i'm not sure about this but i swear back in vanilla the terrain itself (not just objects) cast shadows, which don't seem to be there with the new shadow technology? or i could just be imagining things.

Yoday

Ok so I am getting really enticed to get back into WoW, I actually quit just when Cataclysm was about to end (that expansion really killed it for me after Wrath and TBC).

However..! Legion is looking pretty damn amazing. But I am still apprehensive about paying a monthly fee again.

What are the overall opinions? How is DK (my former main) doing nowadays, is DH a lot of fun?
DK is pretty much perfect. I can't speak much to Blood yet, but Frost and Unholy are quite possibly the best playing specs in the game IMO. Both of them feel fantastic and really nail their respective class fantasy. The new animations and sound effects are amazing as well.

Rixxan

i dunno if it was like this before, but with the new draw distance options, flying over the old zones and seeing the land stretch out into the horizon
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

being able to see mount hyjal in the distance looming over you when you're in the barrens
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

that said, i'm not sure about this but i swear back in vanilla the terrain itself (not just objects) cast shadows, which don't seem to be there with the new shadow technology? or i could just be imagining things.

I'm confused, do you not like seeing mount hyjal off in the distance?

Shahadan

ilvl 850 is very good at that point in the expansion, especially at level 101, but a) it has no main stats and b) the teleport is usless due to your Dalaran Hearthstone.

So.. I'd have to vote no, not worth it.

Worth remembering that it's possible it'll be upgradable later

Farming gold for tokens is what burned me out on the game. Maybe without the garrison shit it'll be better, but I'm still afraid it will happen again. The whole token system just added this stressful negative psychology to the game for me.

It also made me switch from EU to a US account thanks to Russia hyperinflating the EU market which it is lumped together with.

welllll if you are REALLY a cheapstake, the best alternative is farming something something and selling something something..
provided you people on your server still want//need it, you're looking at a 100k gold profit (depends on the current value, but still) for a 3 hours committment (less if you get lucky, but provided the area is not camped you get enough somethingsomething x10) :X

Still...
In 3 months of garrison + other stuff, i've made a lot of money...
Had I known of this other method, I'd have gone HELLUVA faster..
oh welllll :|

Honestly i cannot see myself using gold for subscription, rather I will use the money to get pets and mount as usual....

btw is there a site like warctaft pet to help you identify the mounts you're missing and a quick link to how to get them?
I used to use the armory, but lately i've found it quite clunky...

Lomax

My only "complaint" about the increased draw distance is in some zones it really makes the world seem smaller. That and it's horribly optimized and kills my fps, but that's to be expected.

Magnus

You don't need big money to run those games at a good IQ. The folks at the PC building thread are usually very helpful.

Thanks. A little overwhelmed by that thread though. I don't have the right mind or ability to put something custom together, at least not this summer. I'd be alright paying a small premium to get the same performance without needing to assemble much myself.

Picked the game back up after 10 years since last playing. Fell in love with it again when I accidentally ran into a demon invasion at the crossroads at level 31. Seeing all of these other players flying to to fight it off brought me back to the days of 40 man raids.

That was awesome! So I have nether shards now. Do I have to have Legion Preordered to use them? Or do I have to be a higher level? Because the Illidari camp or whatever at Orgrimmar where I'm supposed to be able to spend them is just a blank empty spot. Nothing is there for me.

Lomax

Picked the game back up after 10 years since last playing. Fell in love with it again when I accidentally ran into a demon invasion at the crossroads at level 31. Seeing all of these other players flying to to fight it off brought me back to the days of 40 man raids.

That was awesome! So I have nether shards now. Do I have to have Legion Preordered to use them? Or do I have to be a higher level? Because the Illidari camp or whatever at Orgrimmar where I'm supposed to be able to spend them is just a blank empty spot. Nothing is there for me.

You have to complete the broken shores chain which is only available at level 100.

I am now torn between my class selection and leveling order for Legion.

I have been maining Lock since I came back, so I am 100% on playing that.

Going Shaman for my healer, but it is between DK and DH for tank class.

DK is so strong right now, but DH just feels fresh with all of the mobility.

Entropia

No One Remembers

You do not need Legion preordered to use them.The vendor that you mentioned should have some stuff available for purchase, i.e. the Fel Bat at least for your level.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Man, that dreadlord event is all kinds of dumb fun. Noticed a lot of people were getting flagged for pvp this afternoon and from then on I flew around atop the rooftops above the SW auction house and would try kill anyone whose name would turn red. It's a dick move but it's a short time event so I'm getting the most out of it while I can. ;)

Eventually you notice how people are sneakily getting their debuff stacks down (corrupting other players) and I thought it'd be amusing to thunderstorm them off their safe spot ( a roof mainly) into the guards below but the only time I tried it they didn't get knocked away. :(

Just before bed I managed to get my debuff stack down from 9 to 0 (so I'm a full strength dreadlord when I turn) and it was amazing how fun it was crushing everyone with the skills you're given. It's a griefer's wet dream. Shame it only lasts a minute.

You have to complete the broken shores chain which is only available at level 100.

Well there you go! Do we know if these vendors will still be around later after the legion launch? I definitely won't be level 100 by then lol.

You do not need Legion preordered to use them.The vendor that you mentioned should have some stuff available for purchase, i.e. the Fel Bat at least for your level.

Well the problem is that there is no vendor... just a lot of people gathered around what looks like nothing to me. Even had a guy show me where it's supposed to be. :(

Rizzi

Well there you go! Do we know if these vendors will still be around later after the legion launch? I definitely won't be level 100 by then lol.

Well the problem is that there is no vendor... just a lot of people gathered around what looks like nothing to me. Even had a guy show me where it's supposed to be. :(

The vendor is in the areas you do invasions then. They're usually near the area you protect.

You need to have done the new scenario to see the vendors, which requires lvl 100. At least the vendors in Org/SW require it anyway, not sure about any others.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So why would anyone waste time upgrading these event weapons when artifacts are literally right around the corner?

yup, pretty much why I dont (well if I get a fel thingie in a bag I use it of course)

th3dude

I'm seeing a lot of folks running legacy raids with DHs. Is there some benefit to it or it it just the fact that you get them essentially at level 100?

Maybe folks are trying to beef up their transmogs, too.

erawsd

ilvl 850 is very good at that point in the expansion, especially at level 101, but a) it has no main stats and b) the teleport is usless due to your Dalaran Hearthstone.

So.. I'd have to vote no, not worth it.

Well, in Legion I dont believe any rings have mains stats. Still def not worth it since ilvl 850 is equal to normal mode raid.

Apathy

The one thing the new even reinforces is the fact that the general population is dumber than a bag of rocks and could never do any sort of pve content that could actually kill them/requires any amount of movement.

Every time I get harbinger drel'nathar people don't bother removing his buff, run away from the eye and stay in for the big explosion.

Hixx

The one thing the new even reinforces is the fact that the general population is dumber than a bag of rocks and could never do any sort of pve content that could actually kill them/requires any amount of movement.

Every time I get harbinger drel'nathar people don't bother removing his buff, run away from the eye and stay in for the big explosion.

Can sympathize with the Eye spell if it's peoples first invasion, it's the same visual as the Shadow Nova and when you see purple splotches on the floor your first instinct is to get out of it.

But it's also apparent people just don't give a fuck and are happy with paying hundreds of gold in repairs instead of moving a bit every 20 seconds or whatever.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm seeing a lot of folks running legacy raids with DHs. Is there some benefit to it or it it just the fact that you get them essentially at level 100?

Maybe folks are trying to beef up their transmogs, too.

Probably just getting transmogs, plus them being at 100 so quickly is a huge benefit.

Sajjaja

You have to kill Archimonde on Heroic difficulty. What region and faction are you? (US/EU Ally/Horde) There have been some generous GAFers helping people out so maybe you can join one of them

Otherwise you can buy a carry for 15k-25k, sorta varies
My only level 100 is my NE DH on Lightbringer NA.

Lanrutcon

Unlike voljin, who gets one shot by a nameless felgaurd just like the 100's you killed before.

What a piece of shit.

Man the horde came off looking so bad, I feel like I should faction change.

The only testicles that side of the fence got killed in a cutscene. Why switch over?

styl3s

You have to kill Archimonde on Heroic difficulty. What region and faction are you? (US/EU Ally/Horde) There have been some generous GAFers helping people out so maybe you can join one of them

Otherwise you can buy a carry for 15k-25k, sorta varies
If people are still doing any on US/Horde i will super appreciate it the people who do paid runs on my server want 40-50k and i can't afford that much i don't think i have ever had 40k in my entire WOW career at one time.

Rhaknar

still cant do icc on my DH and its been 24hrs. /shrug

Even as a long time Alliance fan, I agree that the Horde got a raw deal losing Vol'jinn.

It's not even that he died, it's how he died.

Vol'jin's supposed to be some badass shadow hunter, he chats so much shit to people acting like a tough guy, but all he's done i kill some level 12 mob in the troll starting area get wrecked by a random rogue in a scenario and then get fucked by a random no name felguard, one of billions you aoe'd done a second before.

Voljin is the personification of chat shit, get hit.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
That and so much for 'victory or death'.

Does horde shouldn't even be allowed to say lok'thar ogar anymore.

The orcs at the broken shore were certainly free to die in vain while the other Horde races who don't ascribe to that kind of absolutism retreated from an unwinnable battle. Maybe then their angsty ghosts could haunt the rest of the horde and call them cowards for not also having decided to enjoy a meaningless death.

And Blizzard doing the "she is the key for our salvation" plot, again.

I mean Voljin died because plot demanded it and take probably the only prominent horde female to do the same story they did in other Blizzard games, again.

Fjordson

I'm all for Sylvanas as warchief, I like her a lot, but yeah wish Vol'jin hadn't gone out like that or so quickly. His reign as chief didn't amount to much for his character.

Rhaknar

I actually liked how
Vol Jin
went out, it made it look like a hopeless battle where even "trash mobs" are out for blood, hell
Varyan
is technically also taken out by trah mobs before Gul Dan finishes him off.

I think
Tirion
got the worst deal actually, dude went out like a bitch

Rizzi

I actually liked how
Vol Jin
went out, it made it look like a hopeless battle where even "trash mobs" are out for blood, hell
Varyan
is technically also taken out by trah mobs before Gul Dan finishes him off.

I think
Tirion
got the worst deal actually, dude went out like a bitch

"The light will protect me!"

Top Bottom