• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Looking for a guild! EU Alliance

fszEXJv.jpg

If anyone can invite a fellow gaffer to a chill (but active) guild for leveling and dungeons and possibly raids, I'm sort of looking for a guild. Pretty much everyone I knew have quit the game and dont really plan on coming back.

I'm a PvE guy (vanilla hardcore raider who got old), and due to my work schedule I might sometimes play at odd hours, but I plan to check Legion out proper regardless. I have a lvl 100 Demon Hunter, Warlock and Death Knight (all the dank and edgy classes I know) which I plan to try out in Legion, mostly dps.

So if you can offer me a spot in a fun, active and mature guild to experience Legion in, best way to reach me would probably be a friend request in bnet, bensajesse#2706 or PM here on forum.

I actually liked how
Vol Jin
went out, it made it look like a hopeless battle where even "trash mobs" are out for blood, hell
Varyan
is technically also taken out by trah mobs before Gul Dan finishes him off.

I think
Tirion
got the worst deal actually, dude went out like a bitch

He was melted alive in front of his friends

its pretty fucked up

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh they gave Hati (the Beast Mastery Artifact second pet) a new look, sweet

it just had the generic lightning wolf model before (the one from wrath)

He was melted alive in front of his friends

its pretty fucked up

oh its very fucked up. and so is
Varian's
death. I just expected more from
Tirion
, remember when he was a big deal in Wrath ;_;

Fjordson

Man I love the animations on my Tauren DK. Think this will be the guy I use my boost on.

I actually liked how
Vol Jin
went out, it made it look like a hopeless battle where even "trash mobs" are out for blood, hell
Varyan
is technically also taken out by trah mobs before Gul Dan finishes him off.

I think
Tirion
got the worst deal actually, dude went out like a bitch
I actually can agree with that, it upped the stakes. I guess I just wish they had done more with him as chief before this.

Apathy

as long as they dont give sylvanas some stupid
love story
arc where some
risen varyan
and her get too chummy chummy. That
look she gave him in the reveal trailer where they were on the ships
makes me fearful they go that way

Yawnny

I'd like to confirm with people here: Is the only way to get ilvl 800+ PvP gear via the loot box/crates from finishing BG/Arenas?

..In which case Marks of Honor are going to be used primarily for xmog gear (more-or-less)?

Side question:
I went back to the vendor in Stormwind - Old Town to spend some Marks of Honor on legacy PVP gear. I had previously bought the Brutal Gladiators Great Sword (because it's green glow is fucking badass) and noticed the vendor didn't have it anymore? Does gear get retired from these legacy vendors? Did the gear disappear because I already owned it?

It doesn't really matter because it's in my appearance collection, but I don't know why it's not there anymore and implies other items might go away.

If anyone can shed light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The only testicles that side of the fence got killed in a cutscene. Why switch over?
Greymane, Mekkatorque, Velen, The Council of Three Hammers, Anduin...who are the weak Alliance leaders even supposed to be? Any of these characters can ascend to leading the entire Alliance and probably do a decent job. Even for stuff like the Pandaren Alliance get Aysa saving the Horde counterpart Ji. Horde is a mess. Like every single leader has a history of screwing up or losing. Saurfang is probably their last strong leader.
The orcs at the broken shore were certainly free to die in vain while the other Horde races who don't ascribe to that kind of absolutism retreated from an unwinnable battle. Maybe then their angsty ghosts could haunt the rest of the horde and call them cowards for not also having decided to enjoy a meaningless death.
The spin is unreal...Darkspear have been following orcish customs forever.

Lomax

Finally did the horde side scenario expecting a completely different point of view... and was massively let down. I thought it was brilliant the way the alliance side one was slanted purely that way, and expected the horde one to be slanted in the same fashion. Instead it was 90% the same and still ended with "For the alliance!" Stupid.

Lanrutcon

Greymane, Mekkatorque, Velen, The Council of Three Hammers, Anduin...who are the weak Alliance leaders even supposed to be?

Furrie who came out of nowhere, midget with no lore, space goat who probably can't get up without 4 nurses, some midgets, white Thrall.

Unconvinced.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Finally did the horde side scenario expecting a completely different point of view... and was massively let down. I thought it was brilliant the way the alliance side one was slanted purely that way, and expected the horde one to be slanted in the same fashion. Instead it was 90% the same and still ended with "For the alliance!" Stupid.

i imagine that horde people were supposed to cheer and be like "gul'dans not that bad"

Bregor

I've seen some discussion that the story was changed (spoilers)
from the original (datamined) version where Vol'jinn just goes MIA to his death to placate Alliance whining.

This seems disturbingly plausible to me.

IMO, the worst part is the loss of a character with so much potential. WoW has too few good NPC's, and Blizzard is far to willing to get rid of them, usually without suitable replacements.

cdyhybrid

i imagine that horde people were supposed to cheer and be like "gul'dans not that bad"

If that's what they were going for they shouldn't have made Varian look like such a badass.

I've seen some discussion that the story was changed (spoilers)
from the original (datamined) version where Vol'jinn just goes MIA to his death to placate Alliance whining.

This seems disturbingly plausible to me.

IMO, the worst part is the loss of a character with so much potential. WoW has too few good NPC's, and Blizzard is far to willing to get rid of them, usually without suitable replacements.

He could still come back as a spirit. Didn't stop Gara'jal in MOP!

Lomax

I mean, if you're going to show the same cinematic to both sides, that's fine. But slanting one and not the other is dumb.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Greymane has always been a badass, even since before WoW. His daughter randomly becomes one in this xpac too, although I won't spoil how or why.

I think the thing about the WC universe is that people die all the time, and it's not always a glorious death. Recent lore characters, long time lore characters, important people, semi-important people, random people, random person's cousin's brother's son who sells bread in Stormwind. It's supposed to feel like actual war in that sense. Same with people switching sides all the time. Look what happened to Uther in WarCraft III. Jobbed to Arthas in a random beginning Undead mission.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh Blizz actually gave BM Hunters a way to change Hati's look to your current pet (or any pet, but it switches to your current one), thats really cool because, lets face it, maybe people dont want a lightning wolf all the time, or at all really.

apparently its a quest item that you do/get at 110, I like these "good guy Blizz" moments, they totally didnt have to do this tbh

Mist

Banned
Every new expansion makes me want to start playing this game again (even though I probably don't have the time for it at all), but the monthly fee keeps holding me back.

I wonder, is it possible to play this game solely with in-game purchased WoW Tokens?

Greymane has always been a badass, even since before WoW. His daughter randomly becomes one in this xpac too, although I won't spoil how or why.

I think the thing about the WC universe is that people die all the time, and it's not always a glorious death. Recent lore characters, long time lore characters, important people, semi-important people, random people, random person's cousin's brother's son who sells bread in Stormwind. It's supposed to feel like actual war in that sense. Same with people switching sides all the time. Look what happened to Uther in WarCraft III. Jobbed to Arthas in a random beginning Undead mission.

Didnt Arthas on his prime strenght killed Uther? because a random mod killed our
warchief
and its ironic cuz the same happened in pandaria with a strong poison I think.

StMeph

Velen should be the most powerful leader of any faction in game right now.

Anduin has plot armor.

Dwarven Council is interesting, but they're not really going to be used extensively.

Mekkatorque can't even reclaim Gnomeregan, I don't know why anyone would trust or rally behind him.

Does Greymane have any real lore in game? Or is it all fluff from outside?

cdyhybrid

Velen should be the most powerful leader of any faction in game right now.

Anduin has plot armor.

Dwarven Council is interesting, but they're not really going to be used extensively.

Mekkatorque can't even reclaim Gnomeregan, I don't know why anyone would trust or rally behind him.

Does Greymane have any real lore in game? Or is it all fluff from outside?
Greymane/Gilneas have been around since the original WC games. In WOW there's not a ton outside of the Worgen questlines, but he's taking center stage with Sylvanas in Legion, I believe.

Didnt Arthas on his prime strenght killed Uther? because a random mod killed our
warchief
and its ironic cuz the same happened in pandaria with a strong poison I think.

Arthas was a death knight but he killed uther in like the 3rd or 4th mission of the campaign

edit: 2nd mission

killed him, took his dad's urn, poured that shit out and put kel'thuzad in it

Rhaknar

absolutely wrecked icc 25hc on the DH, seems like a fun transmog run class, lots of mobility, lots of aoe (the backflip into fel rush is actually a ton of aoe damage for example), good times

I'm loving the story so far with legion. Everything from the audio dramas to the harbingers shorts. You NEED to do a DH to get some very important back story, the Broken isles stuff story wise is good. Except one thing, I can't find any story at all in or out of game as to how or why tirion ended up trying to face guldan alone. Did I miss something on the alliance side or is it just not there?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nathanos remodel just goes to show that Blizzard doesn't even believe in their stock and standard Undead models. It's sad, really. 'He's not a human. He has red eyes!'

Nathanos remodel just goes to show that Blizzard doesn't even believe in their stock and standard Undead models. It's sad, really. 'He's not a human. He has red eyes!'

"Not now!"

"There's something different about you, Blightcaller..."

"I'm here to ensure the Warchief's protection. Draw your weapon against her and you'll be dead before the first drop of your blood hits the ground.
As for anything else... it doesn't concern you. Understood?"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
"Not now!"

"There's something different about you, Blightcaller..."

"I'm here to ensure the Warchief's protection. Draw your weapon against her and you'll be dead before the first drop of your blood hits the ground.
As for anything else... it doesn't concern you. Understood?"

Him and Sylvannas tried to talk that good shit to my DK

like what are you gonna do, send Baine after me so you can run away while I'm one shotting him?

cdyhybrid

It might be part of an upcoming plot arc. It's referenced in the game but it's not expanded upon.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Sylvanas was simply tired of her boyfriend being a scrub-tier zombie so she hooked him up with a fresher body.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's a shame about the whole 'wanting to betray the Horde' thing in MOP otherwise I would have said Lor'themar was easily the most qualified Warchief showing military prowess, leadership, intelligence, and patience. He stood head and shoulders above every other faction leader for the Horde in MOP

and I do not say such things about Blood Elves normally.

ampere

Every new expansion makes me want to start playing this game again (even though I probably don't have the time for it at all), but the monthly fee keeps holding me back.

I wonder, is it possible to play this game solely with in-game purchased WoW Tokens?

Yes, I make more than 40k a month just doing random stuff like old raids

It will take you a bit of time to build up to that point though

Lomax

Yes, I haven't given them a dime except for buying WoD in over a year. I just wish you could buy the expansions as well with tokens. You missed out on the super easy garrison gold but there's still plenty of ways to make more than enough.

Fjordson

I think one of the reasons I'm enjoying this whole event is just all the people running around in the world actively participating. It seems superficial, but it really does make a difference to me. Seeing cities packed, zeppelins flooded with people at every stop, the huge stream of people in the actual invasions. It's pretty exciting. The world feels alive. Obviously that will fade some as the expansion moves along, but it's encouraging.

I kinda forgot what it was like after hanging out in my Garrison for the past year.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I think one of the reasons I'm enjoying this whole event is just all the people running around in the world actively participating. It seems superficial, but it really does make a difference to me. Seeing cities packed, zeppelins flooded with people at every stop, the huge stream of people in the actual invasions. It's pretty exciting. The world feels alive. Obviously that will fade some as the expansion moves along, but it's encouraging.

I kinda forgot what it was like after hanging out in my Garrison for the past year.
Rlp4soF.jpg

Pictured: A whole trail of people behind me, also flying to Tanaris for the invasion event.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i generally like all of this stuff, hell its the most exciting thing we've been able to do in the game for a year now.

the invasions bug out and dont start sometimes, and acquiring the appearances (especially the weapons) are kind of annoying. i have yet to do the whispers thing, and that stupid toy is going to be hard to get i feel.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I wish Legion was closer. Or that the quest chains were already open. I burned out on the invasions really fast.

ampere

They have got to nail it with world events in Legion. I mean this is a special pre-expac event yea, but if they can really get people out and doing stuff with world quests, Legion could be pretty special.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The worst outcome is that DH was fun to play. And DH is fun to play for me.

so now instead of being sure of my shadow priest, i'm in between the two.

Fjordson

Rlp4soF.jpg

Pictured: A whole trail of people behind me, also flying to Tanaris for the invasion event.
Exactly what I mean! Seeing people all around the world is so great.

Like I said, it'll inevitably fade somewhat over time, but if Blizz can keep even just a spark of this going throughout Legion then we're golden.

Top Bottom