• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Finally played through the Broken Shore scenario, so damned good. It's kind of funny that the greatest thing Vol'Jin ever did was die and make Sylvanas Warchief. I'm not a huge fan of the Alliance lore and leaders but I kind of like and respect Varian Wrynn now. He went out like Ga'nar.

Ashodin

I mean if it's minimal and it works, it works

Varian did what he could to save his people, that's what he always does. So ultimate sacrifice was on the table, and he felt like he had learned and grown a lot, and so had his son. Wrynns have a history of self-sacrifice

Isn't it going to bother you having two bars at the top in Legion thanks to the class hall bar?

Well I'll just move class hall bar to the bottom or titan panel from the the top to the bottom. Could always have titan panel hide on certain criteria too. Or even some other addon solution to display the class hall bar info somewhere else. Not a big deal.

I was worried about not being able to get the feat of strength for Invasions or gear up because of work but with one afternoon I was able to clear the DH starter area, do the Broken Shore and a bunch of invasions on my hunter. I just need that ugly bow, a 2H (if there is one) for Survival and I have all of the invasion gear for my hunter.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was worried about not being able to get the feat of strength for Invasions or gear up because of work but with one afternoon I was able to clear the DH starter area, do the Broken Shore and a bunch of invasions on my hunter. I just need that ugly bow, a 2H (if there is one) for Survival and I have all of the invasion gear for my hunter.

There isnt a agi 2h. There are agi 1h axes so you would need two

I'll just make due with the bow then. I don't know how much time or effort I want to invest in upgrading invasion gear since I imagine it will all get replaced by quest gear pretty quickly in Legion. And I can just choose the Survival artifact first.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I didn't even think about the possibility that Alternate Timeline Grom could be Warchief in the future

probably because they did nothing with him.

Lomax

I'll admit it, I wasn't at all excited for the event and I'd already decided not to buy Legion, but a few days in and I'm really starting to feel the pull. We'll see if I can hold out for three weeks especially since I start a new job Monday. I'd so overpay in gold if blizzard would just give me that option.

Kintaco

Missed this. I play there and it's a a really good server, but it's technically PVP. Though you wouldn't know it usually since it's mostly alliance as far as population.

But yeah, great server. Super active with a solid raiding scene.

Oh damn, didn't noticed, I meant Stormrage that's the PVE server I was thinking of starting some toons on.

scoobs

Just so I'm understanding this correctly.. gear doesn't matter at all in pvp now? Will they still be releasing gear sets for each season for cosmetic purposes?

ampere

Just so I'm understanding this correctly.. gear doesn't matter at all in pvp now? Will they still be releasing gear sets for each season for cosmetic purposes?

It still matters

10 ilevels pre-7.0 was like 10% more power, now it's like 1% more. So it just matters much less

You still get gear from pvp, higher ilevel the better your rating is, and yes they are still making pvp armor.

Lomax

It still matters

10 ilevels pre-7.0 was like 10% more power, now it's like 1% more. So it just matters much less

You still get gear from pvp, higher ilevel the better your rating is, and yes they are still making pvp armor.

Which is silly, it should either be gear agnostic or not. Trying to play it both ways works for no one.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Real talk. I hate flying mounts that "run in the air" :/

Doukou

Finally got my fel speader
I can't tell if I like the dread lord system or not. On one hand its cool that people are finding various trick to see them, on the other hand the rng on the spawn time and drop are annoying

Finally got my fel speader
I can't tell if I like the dread lord system or not. On one hand its cool that people are finding various trick to see them, on the other hand the rng on the spawn time and drop are annoying

I spend 1 hour stalking the npcs before I give up

Rhaknar

When Gul'Dan says "you will be remembered as the king who sacrificed his life...for nothing" Varian should have said "for Azeroth" instead of "for the Alliance", it would fit the theme better, you're trying to save the world, not just your race conglomerate. It would also fit the Horde cinematic better since it plays out in both. I get that he thinks Sylvanas betrayed them but still.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kind of funny that Blizzard's 'ideal' warrior uses one 2 hander. Grom, Wrynn, Garrosh, Saurfang, Cairne

yet the better performing spec is almost always fury.

cdyhybrid

When Gul'Dan says "you will be remembered as the king who sacrificed his life...for nothing" Varian should have said "for Azeroth" instead of "for the Alliance", it would fit the theme better, you're trying to save the world, not just your race conglomerate. It would also fit the Horde cinematic better since it plays out in both. I get that he thinks Sylvanas betrayed them but still.

Yeah, but that wouldn't help whip the Alliance fanboys into a frenzy.

pCUEQTg.jpg

not my screenshot, but mankrik is defending his wife's grave during invasions

Rhaknar

Kind of funny that Blizzard's 'ideal' warrior uses one 2 hander. Grom, Wrynn, Garrosh, Saurfang, Cairne

The ultimate ideal warrior was Varian and he dual wields
one handers

Wait you mentioned him. I guess its a 2h that splits into 2 1h

scoobs

Not in PVP. Arms smashes in PVP and always has.

I'm having a REALLY hard time deciding between frost and unholy DK. Any DKs with beta experience want to chime in (mostly for PVP but I'll end up doing both)

Ashodin

nah breh. sounds cooler if it was for the alliance

so many have said for azeroth

and we got the poster boy khadgar to say that

Kain

Speaking of Khadgar, I laughed a little when he is crying aboard the flying ship. I mean, you were there, you piece of shit, go and help your King instead of flying away, you're suppossed to be the greatest mage ever or something. He has lost two or three kings already lol

Also kind of scummy to give the player the letter instead of going himself (from a lore perspective, that is). Maybe he was ashamed?

Anyway, after playing the DH starting quests and all, you get the sense, again, that Illidan was never a real villain and we were wrong fighting him in the Black Temple. He wants to defeat the legion, just like the people from Azeroth, only the methods differ. His bad acts can be reduced to corrupting and killing some draenei (and who cares about draenei????) and having Kael'Thas as advisor, in fact one can argue that the real bad guy was him and not Illidan, as demonstrated in the Sunwell.

Illidan wants to destroy the Legion and he thinks only by becoming a demon you can kill demons, what's wrong with that? It's his sacrifice and the people who follow him. Come on, the dude was just chilling atop the Black Temple with the rooms before were all full of hookers and booze, he was just partying after killing countless demons. I swear Malfurion and Tyrande are full of shit. And we are bad people.

Rhaknar

Speaking of Khadgar, I laughed a little when he is crying aboard the flying ship. I mean, you were there, you piece of shit, go and help your King instead of flying away, you're suppossed to be the greatest mage ever or something. He has lost two or three kings already lol

Also kind of scummy to give the player the letter instead of going himself (from a lore perspective, that is). Maybe he was ashamed?

that was Graymane not Khadgar

Khasim

So I guess it's impossible to find a raiding guild after resubbing and wanting to play as a Demon Hunter tank, nobody wants DHs or already have 'enough'.

Beta folks, is there a point in rolling in DH and playing mostly solo, or is it like it has always been, so basically hit max level, finish professions and class missions and then raid or pvp or unsub, or will there be stuff to do other than raiding in a guild and LFR?

Auctopus

In the time I've been away from WOW, Curse Client has dropped support for Mac. Whilst I'm planning on building a PC later this year, for the meanwhile I play on Mac.

Does anyone know of a decent alternative for add-ons?

Lanrutcon

So I guess it's impossible to find a raiding guild after resubbing and wanting to play as a Demon Hunter tank, nobody wants DHs or already have 'enough'.

Beta folks, is there a point in rolling in DH and playing mostly solo, or is it like it has always been, so basically hit max level, finish professions and class missions and then raid or pvp or unsub, or will there be stuff to do other than raiding in a guild and LFR?

World Quests. Google em.

But yeah: I pity any DHs looking for work. The world is flooded with them. If they were ranged, then it wouldn't be as much of an issue. But super stacking melee? nope.

Ashodin

World Quests. Google em.

But yeah: I pity any DHs looking for work. The world is flooded with them. If they were ranged, then it wouldn't be as much of an issue. But super stacking melee? nope.

hey pallies got bubble so we got a get out of jail free card

Rhaknar

World quests and mythic+ dungeons will be your friends

Khasim

World Quests. Google em.

World quests and mythic+ dungeons will be your friends

Thank you guys, I never heard about world quests, just read up on them. I got hyped up for Legion a couple of days ago and resubbed after basically skipping WoD (and judging by the general consensus it seems like that was a good decision) and I still have a lot to catch up to.

Awesome, screw raiding if I can't play a class I actually enjoy, and now it appears like there will actually be something fun and rewarding to do solo besides PvP. Definitely coming back for quite a long time.

Lanrutcon

Thank you guys, I never heard about world quests, just read up on them. I got hyped up for Legion a couple of days ago and resubbed after basically skipping WoD (and judging by the general consensus it seems like that was a good decision) and I still have a lot to catch up to.

Awesome, screw raiding if I can't play a class I actually enjoy, and now it appears like there will actually be something fun and rewarding to do solo besides PvP. Definitely coming back for quite a long time.

I'm not as harsh on WoD as most, but yeah: very safely skippable. I doubt anyone is every going to go "Remember Ashran? that shit was dope!" or "Man, Highmaul really was the pinnacle of raiding".

I get to raid as a DH because not many other people on the team expressed interest in playing one for Legion as a main, at least initially. For sure people would rather recruit from within for a new class, when they've been proven on something else, than hire a rando. If you didn't have a place already, you're not likely to find one as a DH main, since literally everyone will have one. Finding a tanking position in particular without connections already is hard anyway, probably nigh impossible as a DH. Really, the main thing to take away is that this game has a social aspect heavily integrated into it, just like the real world. For average or worse players, it's more who you know than how well you play that's important. Particularly in the lower echelons of raiding.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I hope Havoc gets more DPS abilities at 110 cus right now it's just spamming two buttons.

[edit]

And if you take the talent that's supposed to be more DPS, you auto attack and occasionally hit one button. It's some D3 type shit but with less buttons.

Robin64

And if you take the talent that's supposed to be more DPS, you auto attack and occasionally hit one button. It's some D3 type shit but with less buttons.

Demon Blades? It's fucking shit. I took that talent during the levelling zone, not quite realising it would remove a button press, and the rest of the zone was horrible to play. Got rid of that shitty talent as soon as I could.

Top Bottom