• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rizzi

Demon Blades? It's fucking shit. I took that talent during the levelling zone, not quite realising it would remove a button press, and the rest of the zone was horrible to play. Got rid of that shitty talent as soon as I could.
I did that too. That talent is terrible.

Kain

Unless they give DHs three or four more buttons they really feel boring. Lots of cds but no abilities, what the fuck. And that stupid talent in the second tier is the lamest shit ever.

Or just let me Eye beam without CD

Spuck-uk

Banned
Sölf;213315180 said:
Oh god, yes. I took a quick look at Ragefire, Stockades and Blackfathom (since I did them on a new toon yesterday and today). Seems health was increased by 33% to over 100% depending on the mob. Blackfathom, which had really low health pools to begin with (sub 2k mobs, 10k-12k bosses) now has over 3k mob and 20k-27k boss health. It's not much, but it's a start. I think they could still increase the upgraded health by 50%, including the outside world. It's ridiculous how fast stuff dies, even though they bumped up the difficulty in later WoD a bit. Seems the new talents and what not killed the difficulty yet again.

Demo lock could one shot every non-boss mod up to 85 using shadowburn, it was kinda ridiculous

Measley

Unless they give DHs three or four more buttons they really feel boring. Lots of cds but no abilities, what the fuck. And that stupid talent in the second tier is the lamest shit ever.

Gotta say, (as of level 100) playing Enhancement then playing DH DPS is like taking a step backwards. Enhancement feels a lot better than the DH DPS spec. Enhance's utility and pretty spell effects really help.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm just glad Fury still has a decent amount of DPSing buttons, I mean, they pruned the fuck out of my other spells but at least they kept that okay. Arms was the first spec to get completely neutered in WoD and I was hoping Legion would bring back some spells but no dice, so Arms is still a shit spec to play.

Milennia

they have more abilities at level 110, they honestly just shouldnt have released the spec at 100 its awful, even with good gear its just busted until legion

scoobs

From a pvp perspective, the fact that you can interrupt eye beam is absolutely ridiculous. I fear this class will be kind of bad in pvp.

Kain

I just hope you are not required to use that ability where you jump back for DPS. It's cool for questing, it can be a nice escape tool in bosses and it probably has its uses in PVP, but just don't make it necessary for the rotation because the damage can be huge under certain circumstances. I believe Blizzard knows this kind of gimmicks just don't work for raiding, but still...

That said, I wish hunter surv had a button like that. I know the philosophy of the new surv is to get in your face and mongoose the fuck out of everything, but there is literally zero escape options. Turtle+Cheetah is awful and the cd is huge.

Lanrutcon

From a pvp perspective, the fact that you can interrupt eye beam is absolutely ridiculous. I fear this class will be kind of bad in pvp.

It'll be bad at pvp, unless it's against a class with long cast times (BE DHs have 3 interrupts, 2 of which comes with silence if I remember correctly).

All that mobility means shit unless those movement abilities comes with "Removes movement impairing effects". And they don't.

scoobs

It'll be bad at pvp, unless it's against a class with long cast times (BE DHs have 3 interrupts, 2 of which comes with silence if I remember correctly).

All that mobility means shit unless those movement abilities comes with "Removes movement impairing effects". And they don't.
It's still so fun to play though! I think it'll be my pub stomp BG class.

Demon Blades? It's fucking shit. I took that talent during the levelling zone, not quite realising it would remove a button press, and the rest of the zone was horrible to play. Got rid of that shitty talent as soon as I could.
I did the same thing. I thought it sounded like a decent talent until I realized it meant I'd be auto attacking until I reached Stormwind.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Kind of funny that Blizzard's 'ideal' warrior uses one 2 hander. Grom, Wrynn, Garrosh, Saurfang, Cairne

yet the better performing spec is almost always fury.
Not in WoD. End of WoD Fury was just a cheeser dog bladestorm spec. Arms was way better both without and with gear.

Tarazet

I did the same thing. I thought it sounded like a decent talent until I realized it meant I'd be auto attacking until I reached Stormwind.

The strange thing about Demon Blades is that auto-attacks don't generate resource unless you are in an open GCD and just auto-attacking. So it discourages you from using any utility abilities that trigger the GCD, like Fel Nova. I don't like being GCD locked, but there's got to be some middle ground.

Tacitus_

The strange thing about Demon Blades is that auto-attacks don't generate resource unless you are in an open GCD and just auto-attacking. So it discourages you from using any utility abilities that trigger the GCD, like Fel Nova. I don't like being GCD locked, but there's got to be some middle ground.

Well that's... odd.

Tarazet

Well that's... odd.

Actually, you don't lose Fury if you use extra globals. I shouldn't mischaracterize it. What happens is if it procs while you are on a GCD, it will be banked (up to 10 times) and applied to the next auto-attack that lands on an open global. So you can't actually gain Fury unless you leave a gap in your rotation. And it will only use 2 on each auto-attack.

Vhalyar

Has anyone played both balance druid and elemental shaman in the beta? Both specs are builder & spender based, but I can't decide which to main for mythic+ stuff.

Lanrutcon

kqJtZ0O.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp sold a Felbat for 2.5k. I dont get it. Sure its far from the 20k some of you guys got on day 1, but still, you literally get 150 marks in what? 2 invasions if that?

guess Ill try to tell more

Rixxan

Now that's what I call fps drops.

i have a pretty decent pc, and on the first day of invasions my frames were getting crushed

but for some reason the last two days theyve been fine, pretty impressive really, its awesome to see an insane amount of people out in the world and have it still be pretty damn playable

maybe blizz changed the phasing or something to not allow as many people? dunno

Lomax

welp sold a Felbat for 2.5k. I dont get it. Sure its far from the 20k some of you guys got on day 1, but still, you literally get 150 marks in what? 2 invasions if that?

guess Ill try to tell more

2.5k I understand, they have some long term investment potential and I know a few people who don't want to mess with the invasions at all but are pet collectors. 20k though was crazy but early sales usually are.

Lomax

Sölf;213379557 said:
Hm, maybe I should just stockpile Felbats and sell them in Legion and beyond.

That's my plan, I'm still sitting on a few haunted momentos that I'll sell one of these days and pets are always a good bet. Even the yearly holiday pets end up worth a good bit six months later. I wouldn't be a buyer at 2.5k though, I'd expect them to hit below 1k on most servers by the last week of the event.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
2.5k I understand, they have some long term investment potential and I know a few people who don't want to mess with the invasions at all but are pet collectors. 20k though was crazy but early sales usually are.

the cheapest in the AH today is... 5k >_>

gonna try and flip one for 4k or something see if it works

N3al

When Gul'Dan says "you will be remembered as the king who sacrificed his life...for nothing" Varian should have said "for Azeroth" instead of "for the Alliance", it would fit the theme better, you're trying to save the world, not just your race conglomerate. It would also fit the Horde cinematic better since it plays out in both. I get that he thinks Sylvanas betrayed them but still.

But he sacrificed his life for the alliance, to allow the alliance flee to safety.

His sacrifice did not do a thing to the invasion, and he knew it.

Rhaknar

"Cutzdeep"

Demon Hunters really are the new Reapers arent they? :3

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Buzzbrad

Hey guys, I have never played WoW before but always been super interested but im worried it is too late to join. Is now a bad time to start? Or is there still new players entering WoW? Any tips and such would also be greatly appreciated!

Fair do's, these Nethershards are easier to get than I thought they would've been. Got a Felbat for the hell of it, going to get the 4 Transmog sets (might only have to buy 3 if the plate set drops for my Pally but I keep getting the same pieces) and will probably end up getting my weapon up to 725.

I thought I'd have to choose between some things but it seems I'll have shard's to spare after all this.

Rhaknar

Fair do's, these Nethershards are easier to get than I thought they would've been. Got a Felbat for the hell of it, going to get the 4 Transmog sets (might only have to buy 3 if the plate set drops for my Pally but I keep getting the same pieces) and will probably end up getting my weapon up to 725.

I thought I'd have to choose between some things but it seems I'll have shard's to spare after all this.

its only going to get easier next week and the following week when theres more invasions

Shahadan

Hey guys, I have never played WoW before but always been super interested but im worried it is too late to join. Is now a bad time to start? Or is there still new players entering WoW? Any tips and such would also be greatly appreciated!

There's still new players and it's probably the best time to join.

Rhaknar

As someone who used to be a hardcore raider and these days is very casual and mostly plays wow like a single player game, Legion seems to be the best casual friendly expansion yet, by leaps and bounds

Lanrutcon

Wow prides itself on injecting "catch up" mechanics every expansion.

If you start now, you'll be discovering the new expansion along with almost everyone else.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
pls blizzard just turn off pvp in invasions zones. it's just not fun at all when you can barely even land before some retard ganks you.

dimb

Great time to start. Lots to explore and the systems are in a better place than they have been in a long time. With how big the game is there are always new people coming in, and the game caters to such a wide base that you can take things at whatever pace you feel like. I'd just download the trial and get going if you want. It'll stop you at level 20 but you can at least get an idea on the vibe of the game and start things up.

Would recommend picking a higher populated realm that fits your faction/playstyle, but it's not the end of the world to head wherever. For Alliance (on the US servers), I'd say the server of choice would be Sargeras (PvP) or Stormrage (PvE), depending on how scared you are of other players. Kind of worth noting that there are world events going on right now that bring people to the old world, so Player vs. Player servers are kind of crazy, but still potentially exciting if you're okay with that stuff. If Horde seems more interesting it's worth looking at Illidan (PvP), Area 52 (PvE), or Mal'Ganis (PvP). If you already know people playing though going where they are trumps everything else usually.

Rhaknar

can you tame chimaeron in blackwing descent?

edit: also is cooldowns reseting after you kill a boss a new thing? its awesome for demon hunter transmog runs let me tell you, always have meta up :D

dimb

do you know if he has blood lust like a core hound?
He's a hydra, which is its own distinct classification. These are not exotic pets, meaning they can be used by hunters other than Beast Masters, and they do not have a heroism/bloodlust ability.

Top Bottom