• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
He's a hydra, which is its own distinct classification. These are not exotic pets, meaning they can be used by hunters other than Beast Masters, and they do not have a heroism/bloodlust ability.

thanks dimb!

also, doing bastion of twilight solo for the first time, any special circumstance to summon sinestra besides just being in 25m heroic?

M.D

I was unsure about boosting a Monk tank as my main and yesterday finally decided I was going to do it. Then It turned out I had to go and haven't been home yet, and now I'm unsure again after thinking about it and reading some more.

FUCK

I'm really hoping that individual armor pieces and weapons become purchasable with shards. I have so many shards built up and still have various pieces of armor that aren't dropping for me.

Fjordson

Yeah, being able to buy the weapons would be nice. I don't really need most of the armor on my two mains, just the weapons, but they refuse to drop =[

Jag

can you tame chimaeron in blackwing descent?

edit: also is cooldowns reseting after you kill a boss a new thing? its awesome for demon hunter transmog runs let me tell you, always have meta up :D

I noticed it too. I like the change.

Lomax

Why do people play on PvP servers then moan about being killed in world PvP?

I think the reality is most people at this point on pvp servers are in the dominant faction on that server, so when they are thrust into a situation where that isn't the case, they suddenly feel vulnerable and annoyed, which is why they are blaming crz.

I'm really hoping that individual armor pieces and weapons become purchasable with shards. I have so many shards built up and still have various pieces of armor that aren't dropping for me.

At very least the weapons, when they put the glaives on the vender they should have done that for every weapon.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this fucking first boss in blackwing lair man...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
That's a lot of people flying together lol.
ociQM4E.jpg

Rhaknar

oh taming a boss doesnt count as killing him... so I cant actually do onyxia/nefarian now lol. oh well

I bought a Redragon MMO mouse last week and its taken me a bit to get used to it. I was never good on the keyboard so having all the action button on my thumb seems to have helped. The actions can be a little glitchy sometimes and I haven't got the settings totally smooth. I am on a 34" 21:9 so many of the icons can be quite small and I don't seem to have the aim like I did with my old mouse...so that is still a work in progress. I went through a dungeon last night for the first time with my new mouse and I was actually helpful to the group! I missed out on a lot of loot because I couldn't click the right button when they dropped, but I finally played a significant role in DPSing the baddies. Baby Steps.

Richardbro

Neo Member
So im done with all the pre-expansion stuff. Got all the appearances for each armor set and most of the invasion weapons, which the others I dont care about.

All that's left is to buy the pocket fel spreader on the auction house when it goes down in price (hopefully to under 10k in the next few days).

It has been a really fun event.

ampere

edit: also is cooldowns reseting after you kill a boss a new thing? its awesome for demon hunter transmog runs let me tell you, always have meta up :D

During Dragon Soul in Cataclysm I think they started to implement long CD resets on wipes, and it went from there

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wow, people like hte new MM over the new BM?

This feels awful to me. BM at least has a lot of flair to it. This MM shit is boring and has way too many different procs that feel inconsistent.

I think I am going to go with Lock, DK, & Sham for Legion. DH is just too simple of a rotation, that 2nd tier talent which removed a button makes the class soooo boring.

Rhaknar

Wow, people like hte new MM over the new BM?

This feels awful to me. BM at least has a lot of flair to it. This MM shit is boring and has way too many different procs that feel inconsistent.

hated MM but I understand why people like it.

oh theres a sort of quest to tame a iron juggernaut from siege of Orgri (you need to be a gnome or have the mech taming thing from legion tho), thats pretty neat. Hunters getting a lot of love it seems

edit: oh just sold my 4k felbat, time to sell another, lowest is still 5k atm heh

Decided to do a complete reroll with the level 100 boost - different server, different faction, different class. Actually went back to my old main class, warlock. Affliction is still a blast, the only thing I miss is instant shadow bolts (that probably hasn't been a thing for a couple of expansions now, and I admit it's not particularly afflictiony).

I'm not quite sure what to do about my old characters. I'd love to keep playing my shaman at least, but after playing on a PVE server for a couple of days I already don't feel like going back to PVP.

Been doing a lot of flying for the invasions and farming for professions/gold and I was surprised to notice the new draw distance limit is actually pretty cool. You can see landmarks from really far away now, which creates a nice atmosphere.

I'm just glad Fury still has a decent amount of DPSing buttons, I mean, they pruned the fuck out of my other spells but at least they kept that okay. Arms was the first spec to get completely neutered in WoD and I was hoping Legion would bring back some spells but no dice, so Arms is still a shit spec to play.

Right now in Legion baseline Arms has more active buttons than Fury without talents and can talent to have more active buttons. I enjoy Fury but there are times where you're spinning your wheels and fishing for rage (which is fine), an Enrage proc so you can throw out some Raging Blows or waiting for a target to hit critical health and just sort of alternating between pressing Bloodthirst and Furious Slash or spamming whirlwind. Although some Fury talent choices can mitigate some of that.

Arms has less downtime like that. With Arms sometimes you're waiting on Colossal Smash to come off CD or for Tactician to trigger it but with Arms chunkier auto-attack rage generation and cheap spenders you're rarely lacking options. In PVE Arms seems even faster than Fury with Victory Rush/Execute. Arms feels like it has a bit more agency whereas with Fury what you can do in some encounters is a little more dictated by chance or circumstance.

Before spending some time with Arms it seemed like Fury was the no-brainer spec to play in Legion, but now I'm not so sure.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
That's a lot of people flying together lol.

Wait, why do alliance see Helcular yelling? He's undead, he should be speaking gutterspeak!

THANKS FOR MURDERING MY IMMERSION BLIZZ

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Shadow, Enhancement, Windwalker and Havoc are probably the specs I've had the most fun with after playing a lot of since the pre-launch. Unholly is kind of fun initially but it feels incredibly shallow comapred to old Unholy. Even the fun of the Artifact ability is that its a lot of passives rather than actives.

Unforutnately, melee spots are going to be scarce in Legion so I don't even know if I'll raid with that in mind.

phierce

hated MM but I understand why people like it.

oh theres a sort of quest to tame a iron juggernaut from siege of Orgri (you need to be a gnome or have the mech taming thing from legion tho), thats pretty neat. Hunters getting a lot of love it seems

edit: oh just sold my 4k felbat, time to sell another, lowest is still 5k atm heh
Goblins can get the juggernaut / other mechs too. Had the green iron juggs since it went live.

Magnus

Did the xp boost trick with SMV/Gorgrond treasures and Bonus Objectives to soar from level 92 to 99.5 in a total of like 2 or 3 hours played. So hilarious. I was so inefficient and lazy about it too. Could certainly have gone faster if I played better.

My paladin is almost ready for Legion levelling, so happy.

That'll join my main (priest), a new level 100 Demon Hunter and...I don't know what else, yet. I've got a bunch of other toons in the 80s and 90s....

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Secondary professions really, really need to be account wide. Between that and reputations, those are the two things that always hold me back from main swapping.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So im done with all the pre-expansion stuff. Got all the appearances for each armor set and most of the invasion weapons, which the others I dont care about.

All that's left is to buy the pocket fel spreader on the auction house when it goes down in price (hopefully to under 10k in the next few days).

It has been a really fun event.
How many invasions did it take to afford the four ensembles?

I got my second weapon as Monk this morning. It was the axe again.

I'm thinking I'd only get the Agility Sword if I was a Rogue.

Oh well. Still in there, have to upgrade it five times and get the felbat and the other two mog sets. Not done yet!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i was surprised to get the wand on my priest today. i thought it wasnt released, but apparently it was

i need way too many of these weapons and they rarely drop and/or i get duplicates

Rhaknar

wrecked tier 11 and 12 raids 25m hc easily on the DH, now the question is, can I do dragon soul hc, I never tried it on any char yet

Zelias

Banned
So has anyone got the staff yet from invasions? Or does it just not drop. Kinda annoying if all there is are 1handers and no off-hands.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Right now in Legion baseline Arms has more active buttons than Fury without talents and can talent to have more active buttons. I enjoy Fury but there are times where you're spinning your wheels and fishing for rage (which is fine), an Enrage proc so you can throw out some Raging Blows or waiting for a target to hit critical health and just sort of alternating between pressing Bloodthirst and Furious Slash or spamming whirlwind. Although some Fury talent choices can mitigate some of that.

Arms has less downtime like that. With Arms sometimes you're waiting on Colossal Smash to come off CD or for Tactician to trigger it but with Arms chunkier auto-attack rage generation and cheap spenders you're rarely lacking options. In PVE Arms seems even faster than Fury with Victory Rush/Execute. Arms feels like it has a bit more agency whereas with Fury what you can do in some encounters is a little more dictated by chance or circumstance.

Before spending some time with Arms it seemed like Fury was the no-brainer spec to play in Legion, but now I'm not so sure.
Unless someone is doing a Focused Rage build Arms is not really going to be faster than Fury. Fury is inherently GCD capped...and maybe really low gear levels or bad gear skew things, but I do not really feel the downtime on Fury. Hard to really say if Slam is that much more satisfying than Furious Slash. I mean, it is for me, but ultimately you're fishing with it. Furious slash is a last resort that doesn't show up that much. On a single target fight you'd see it used about 64% as often as Bloodthirst, and it is not used at that much greater a frequency than Rampage or Raging Blow.

By contrast Slam is a huge component of Arms Warrior DPS, dwarfing the ability use of everything else and serves as a foundational tool for where your damage comes from. If you track the Trauma bleed damage it applies it does more damage than anything else. I cannot say that I would agree with Arms having more active buttons than Fury. That being said, I'm really not impressed with the tools Fury has for different situations in their current state at 110. More abilities doesn't always translate to more useful...

Nere

I recently downloaded wow and my folder is 36gb while my gfs is 48gb, do I have the same files or what?

It is in the data folder it is different, she has 48 files and I have 32. Is something missing?

Top Bottom