• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
was Dragon Soul well received? I feel its a good raid, it tells a story, it feels like you are on a quest and not just going from room to room

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Man I just like every class this expansion. No idea what I'm going to main at all. Top three right now are between

Prot pally
Fire mage
Frost DK

BUT

Frost mage is also cool
Fury warrior is really fun
Arms is too
Both DH specs are great

Zelias

Banned
was Dragon Soul well received? I feel its a good raid, it tells a story, it feels like you are on a quest and not just going from room to room
The problem with raids that tell a story is when they rely on RP stuff you can't skip. It quickly becomes grating when you run it repeatedly. Dragon Soul also reused a LOT of assets. It doesn't seem to be regarded very highly now.

I recently downloaded wow and my folder is 36gb while my gfs is 48gb, do I have the same files or what?

It is in the data folder it is different, she has 48 files and I have 32. Is something missing?

Older installs get bloated over time. She may want to do a fresh install to save space. Just back up the WTF/Interface folders mainly. The install on my PC is about 48GB, while the new one on my laptop is a much slimmer 37.5GB. Important when you're on a smallish SSD.

Lanrutcon

So has anyone got the staff yet from invasions? Or does it just not drop. Kinda annoying if all there is are 1handers and no off-hands.

No staves, no off hands, no shields.

But wait! there are bows and 2 handed maces and shit. Fuck casters, amirite?

Nere

Older installs get bloated over time. She may want to do a fresh install to save space. Just back up the WTF/Interface folders mainly. The install on my PC is about 48GB, while the new one on my laptop is a much slimmer 37.5GB. Important when you're on a smallish SSD.
Thank you, was afraid something was wrong. But really good to know that it gets bloated with time so can reinstall once in a while to save space. :)

Robin64

I have a full set of plate gear and a 6/6 2H mace on my paladin now, and still haven't even seen a staff on my mage. Got a wand. Guess the staff was removed too.

I'd be happy with the sword, as I'll be getting a sword in Legion, but what do I do for off-hand right now if I get it?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
2 more felbats for 4.5k each /shrug

If I could be arsed I would farm invasions just to sell them, but I cant

wrecked tier 11 and 12 raids 25m hc easily on the DH, now the question is, can I do dragon soul hc, I never tried it on any char yet

I got up to Deathwing's Spine last night on a DH in 25 heroic, it wasn't too bad. Spine is the most annoying part of the whole raid, so I called it before attempting it. If you're doing the raid solo for the first time, make sure you read up on how that mechanic works.

Rhaknar

I got up to Deathwing's Spine last night on a DH in 25 heroic, it wasn't too bad. Spine is the most annoying part of the whole raid, so I called it before attempting it. If you're doing the raid solo for the first time, make sure you read up on how that mechanic works.

same lol, I just cant be arsed with spine. Theres not alot of mog stuff there for DH anyway just wanted to see if I could do it. nice gold tho

ive done it on normal before on my warrior and its so boring

edit: is there a mod that shows you how much gold you have across all your characters? I have no idea at this point with all these fel bats im selling on different guys

Neil_J_UK

Still not 100% decided on what class I wanna play come Legion. Ideally I want a class that I play the same spec for pve and pvp for my artifact, leaning towards ww monk.

shoreu

in crowded zones? what's your system?

in Crowded zones i'm at like 100-130 (and lower at times for some reason) then n open zones I'm hitting 170-200

Msi Gaming X

i6600k

It's been a roller coaster over the past few weeks but this is the best I've seen it.

15lBaL3.png

it just hit 260 in this open ass zone

keffri

I always struggle when it comes to deciding on a main for a new expansion.

Main choices:

Warrior - Most likely to be my main, and pretty much my go to class.
Demon Hunter - My second choice, just know that everybody is going to be playing DH kind of turns me away.

Secondary choices:

Rogue : I'm liking how Rogue plays right now, but I dislike being stuck as a DPS.
Shaman : Only issue here is I don't like the races available for Alliance.
Death Knight : Least likely choice, but will probably max sometime this expansion.

I like being melee as well as being able to tank which makes Warrior and DH the best choices. I'm not considering any of the classes I didn't mention.

Lomax

same lol, I just cant be arsed with spine. Theres not alot of mog stuff there for DH anyway just wanted to see if I could do it. nice gold tho

edit: is there a mod that shows you how much gold you have across all your characters? I have no idea at this point with all these fel bats im selling on different guys

If you just want gold tracking I use Accountant, it tracks gold gained and lost and shows you categories and can be displayed by session. It's good for seeing just how much something like a Firelands run makes you.

Jag

If you want a good dedicated mod, Fumahs Total Gold gives you a good breakdown.

Moff

jumped back in and I like this a lot more than expected.
My main is and has always been a firemage and I like the new rotation and skills

I also like how they want to make classes feel more unique again, something that has turned me off of pvp after BC. I am willing to try that again as well in legion, which is why I welcome the idea of the honor talents/skills. artifacts sound fun as well, much better than the boring questlines from the earlier expansions. class orders sound great, too, I wanted something like that since vanilla. Maybe I didn't understand everything perfectly, yet, but so far I am definitely willing to give this expansion a real chance.

shoreu

I use Titan Control panel for that

it tracks gold per hour and xp per hour as well.

Fjordson

Wait, there's no staff from the invasions for mages? Just a sword without an off-hand. Huh?? That seems....odd.

I use Titan Control panel for that

it tracks gold per hour and xp per hour as well.
Yeah, that's what I use. Titan Panel is one of the goat mods. Been using it since early Wrath.

Main choices:

Demon Hunter - My second choice, just know that everybody is going to be playing DH kind of turns me away.

Secondary choices:

Rogue : I'm liking how Rogue plays right now, but I dislike being stuck as a DPS.
Shaman : Only issue here is I don't like the races available for Alliance.
Death Knight : Least likely choice, but will probably max sometime this expansion.

I like being melee as well as being able to tank which makes Warrior and DH the best choices. I'm not considering any of the classes I didn't mention.
I have to say, DK seems really awesome right now. I'm pretty new to it, but I know people who have been playing it for a while and they're in love with unholy for DPS (single target and AOE).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Main choices:

If Warrior is your go to classs you should be used to everybody playing what you want to play.

Rhaknar

just did the broken shore on my DK and I still dont know where the fuck Jaina disapears to after making the last ice bridge

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
why did they only update half the tree models in azeroth? like some of the zones (STV) look pretty decent from above but darkshire still serves vanilla.

Concept17

Wait, there's no staff from the invasions for mages? Just a sword without an off-hand. Huh?? That seems....odd.

Yeah, that's what I use. Titan Panel is one of the goat mods. Been using it since early Wrath.

I have to say, DK seems really awesome right now. I'm pretty new to it, but I know people who have been playing it for a while and they're in love with unholy for DPS (single target and AOE).

Everyone is going on about Frost and Unholy, but I'm enjoying Blood the most by a good measure. It feels so good to play.

Rhaknar

its really weird to me how sidewinders replaces both arcane shot AND multi shot. Is there any other class / spec where a talent replaces TWO spells?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I know it's the most "Vanilla" story in the WC universe, but I absolute love The Alliance of Lordaeron and the history of the seven kingdoms.

From The Silver Hand to the Guardians of Tirisfal to Gilneas becoming autonomous/later getting cursed to the expedition to Draenor... I love it all.

Kul Tiras is the only nation yet to be touched upon in WoW, outside a handful of quests in Durotar. I REALLY hope we see it eventually. I spazzed out when Gilneas was introduced.

f0rk

I need to craft 30 Living Steel, will I earn back the transmutation master cost if I put the first 4 into that?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've thought about trying to tank on my DK, but I dunno. Never been into tanking for whatever reason.

Blood has always been one of the more fun tanking specs IMO. It has a real cool artifact in legion too.

bearbomb

Neo Member
dear gods I quit before all of that flying mount stuff and I came back now and I don't think I can get it before the xpac hits haha. It seems like you could level really quickly 90-100 with treasures and bonus events and that would be alot easier with the mount.. oh well!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Havoc is really fun but it's going to suck as soon as Blizzard makes the non-fel rush build the strongest DPS build for raiding.

styl3s

Is there a point in doing invasions after you got everything from the vendor? Will new stuff be introduced leading up to expansion?

Top Bottom