• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

ampere

Is there a point in doing invasions after you got everything from the vendor? Will new stuff be introduced leading up to expansion?

There are weapons that drop from the bags and they aren't for sale on the vendor

Otherwise idk, they could add more later, but nothing announced atm

I don't know what to use my boost on. Thinking Draenei female Warrior or Mage. Capped on my main Horde server, and I don't have a max Alliance character anymore.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So, once I'm max level and have PVP abilities, will I be able to use them in PVE or do they only become useful in PVP zones?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know, I don't mind the Elemental weapon being a fist weapon. I actually like the idea, honestly.

The part that bugs me is that you're not using a god damn shield. So when you're not in combat, you have NOTHING to show. You're without any sort of equipment. Even the Warlocks get a floating skull off-hand, but I don't get shit to show off unless I transmog?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You know, I don't mind the Elemental weapon being a fist weapon. I actually like the idea, honestly.

The part that bugs me is that you're not using a god damn shield. So when you're not in combat, you have NOTHING to show. You're without any sort of equipment. Even the Warlocks get a floating skull off-hand, but I don't get shit to show off unless I transmog?

"Elemental Shaman Weapon Models
This video covers all of the styles for The Fist of Ra-den and the matching shield The Highkeeper's Ward."

styl3s

There are weapons that drop from the bags and they aren't for sale on the vendor

Otherwise idk, they could add more later, but nothing announced atm
What's the drop % and is it all weapons? because i have done like 40 invasions on my hunter alone and have never gotten a weapon drop

phierce

What's the drop % and is it all weapons? because i have done like 40 invasions on my hunter alone and have never gotten a weapon drop
No idea. I've gotten back to back weapons in chests on my priest (actually like 4 in 8 invasions). Seen 2 on my Druid, 1 on my hunter (all in about 8'ish invasions each)...and a buddy hasn't seen one in probably 20 invasion. RNG is gonna RNG.

Cpsa3-PVIAA62QC.jpg

still so far from a year :( only 291 days

Lain

Just experienced a weird bug. I was fighting an Invasion boss and feigned death when I got aggro, but while laying there a dot exploded killing me (game told me I died) yet no release button popped up and I could stand back up to life, though my life bar showed me as dead. Next death, I didn't get a release button again, but I couldn't stand back up to life and I had to wait to be ported to the graveyard. Resurrected at my body and I still showed up as dead and I couldn't interact with NPCs as the game told me I was dead.

keffri

I have to say, DK seems really awesome right now. I'm pretty new to it, but I know people who have been playing it for a while and they're in love with unholy for DPS (single target and AOE).

Yeah I understand where you're coming from, but I enjoyed Warrior more at level 100. I'm sure I'll come back to it sometime later in the expasion or maybe earlier on if I don't enjoy whatever class I end up picking.

If Warrior is your go to classs you should be used to everybody playing what you want to play.

I never really got that with Warrior or I guess I never really paid attention to it. I suppose that shouldn't really affect my decision. I'm sure DHs already have a bad name and the expansion hasn't been released yet.

Is there a point in doing invasions after you got everything from the vendor? Will new stuff be introduced leading up to expansion?

There is an achievement if you complete all 6 invasions and you can farm felbat and sell it later when the pet is not available

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
There is an achievement if you complete all 6 invasions and you can farm felbat and sell it later when the pet is not available

Im just selling mine now #yolo

And I wonder why im never rich :(

Sölf

Did Invasions always gave EXP after each step? I am pretty sure yesterday that wasn't the case and now I level from 29-31 in a single invasion, getting over 20k exp per step (I only need 50k from level 31 to 32).

Sölf

Eh Iron Starlettes from the WOD event are still dirt cheap. Most people who care about those pets are probably farming their own or buying it now.

Well, but everyone who did the pre event just got one for free at the end. Here you actually have to do 3-4 invasions (maybe even 5 if you kill like no bosses) to get one.

One of these days I will actually finish MoP's PVE content rather than simply blowing past it. I always hit 90 and move on before I'm even done the Jade Forrest.

solaaire

Neo Member
In the time I've been away from WOW, Curse Client has dropped support for Mac. Whilst I'm planning on building a PC later this year, for the meanwhile I play on Mac.

Does anyone know of a decent alternative for add-ons?

I was in the same position about a month ago and settled on using the old Curse client for Mac, and it works just fine. You can grab it right off of the Curse site.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Are Marks of Honor only for old content / WOD stuff? Been holding onto them.

It's not a bad price now.

It may be used up to 110 but at 110 there is a new honor system. The idea for Marks is really for old pvp mogs.

Correct. They aren't actually intended to be a currency for current items, they just are currently due to pre-expansion weirdness. They are a secondary currency just used for old PvP transmog.

Rhaknar

It's not a bad price now.

I sold like...6 or 7 now for about 4.2k each on average, im pretty happy with that, especially considering I dont understand why when it takes like 3-4 Invasions to get one /shrug

Between that and "finding" 17k on my old main (10-20k is about what I usually have on my mains on each expansion), im now back up to 100k between all my characters, which is nothing for most people (I keep hearing stuff in Legion is really expensive) but its a lot for me. Im hoping between more fel bats before people realise they are easy to get, and more transmog runs until Legion hits, I should hit 150k, which would be cool, ive owned that much.

Khezu

I have long learned I will never be rich in WoW.
I just don't have the drive to really care.

The only time I have ever had enough drive to do anything in WoW was probably getting epic flying in TBC.
It felt like it took forever, but man was it worth it, 60% flight speed mounts were the worst.

shoreu

The only time I have ever had enough drive to do anything in WoW was probably getting epic flying in TBC.
It felt like it took forever, but man was it worth it, 60% flight speed mounts were the worst.

lol make an enchanter

and get money

Rhaknar

lol make an enchanter

and get money

Ive always had enchanters, ive never been rich. I just make stuff for free or give enchants to friends with my mats /shrug

It's not that people dint know HOW to get rich, its just that we cant be bothered :3

Tarazet

I sold like...6 or 7 now for about 4.2k each on average, im pretty happy with that, especially considering I dont understand why when it takes like 3-4 Invasions to get one /shrug

Between that and "finding" 17k on my old main (10-20k is about what I usually have on my mains on each expansion), im now back up to 100k between all my characters, which is nothing for most people (I keep hearing stuff in Legion is really expensive) but its a lot for me. Im hoping between more fel bats before people realise they are easy to get, and more transmog runs until Legion hits, I should hit 150k, which would be cool, ive owned that much.

The pets from Darkmoon Daggermaws are easy to get, but the fish sell for an average of 8g apiece and Blorp sells for 1300+ depending on whether DMF is up at the time..

Magnus

So, I highly recommend doing Broken Shore and invasions at level 98/99 on your alts. I just did 3/4 of level 99 with one Invasion. You get like 90k experience PER STAGE of the invasion scenario. And you'recollecting crazy good gear at the same time.

Jag

So, I highly recommend doing Broken Shore and invasions at level 98/99 on your alts. I just did 3/4 of level 99 with one Invasion. You get like 90k experience PER STAGE of the invasion scenario. And you'recollecting crazy good gear at the same time.

Came to post this. I think this is new. Time to level your alts. Don't forget the DMF buff and heirlooms!

Also works on all toons over 10.

Rhaknar

Maybe I should do them on my lowbie druid and rogue then, at least when its in eastern kingdoms and I can easily get there.

Can you still get nethershards and buy stuff if youre not 100?

Sölf

Maybe I should do them on my lowbie druid and rogue then, at least when its in eastern kingdoms and I can easily get there.

Can you still get nethershards and buy stuff if youre not 100?

Yes. My level 31 Mage already has nearly 200 shards and I plan on buying the cloth set, because it's the only one I don't have yet. I even got one of thos weapon upgrade thingies, but those require level 98 to be used.

The extra speed on flying mounts is pretty expensive and DH got all the licenses for free but no flying mount

solaaire

Neo Member
Cataclysm raids as a whole are incredibly dull. I would not be surprised if the entire raid design team was replaced after WotLK.

Actually, I'll go a step further and say that it was probably gutted mid-WotLK. TotGC and ICC had a couple of cool moments, but relative to Ulduar they felt sterile and uninspired, much like all of Cataclysm raiding.

One thing that struck me doing Dragon Soul yesterday was how terrible the voice acting was. Like random person off the street bad.

Was especially jarring coming off of Broken Shore

Lomax

Sölf;213443739 said:
Did Invasions always gave EXP after each step? I am pretty sure yesterday that wasn't the case and now I level from 29-31 in a single invasion, getting over 20k exp per step (I only need 50k from level 31 to 32).

I was definitely not getting XP each step yesterday on my 93 druid, I'll try again today.

biaxident

Thought my mind was set on maining DK for legion, but with DH's being released I see how stacked melee and tanks are going to be, ugh. Might be leaning towards priest or druid now.

Also good tip about doing invasions on a lowbie, 40% of level for each stage. Really tough on a pvp server, get insta ganked, just had to hide behind a wall lol.

Rhaknar

One thing that struck me doing Dragon Soul yesterday was how terrible the voice acting was. Like random person off the street bad.

Was especially jarring coming off of Broken Shore

Ultraxion lol >_<

There's too many Demon Hunters. How long did this go on for with Wrath and Death Knights? Did the class balance settle early, was it fairly late into the expansion or did it take the content lull or Cata coming out for there to be some semblance of balance.

Fjordson

There's too many Demon Hunters. How long did this go on for with Wrath and Death Knights? Did the class balance settle early, was it fairly late into the expansion or did it take the content lull or Cata coming out for there to be some semblance of balance.
I don't remember exactly and I'm sure it varied from server to server, but from my experience it was sort of in between. They didn't die down right away, but it didn't take until Cata by any means.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I had to start a new US account to play with my friend, because playing on an European server from Japan would be hell, ping wise.

2 days ago I finally hit lv 100 on my Rogue. Took me 80 hours and I was able to do it within the free month. Boosted up my usual main - human mage to lv 100, but haven't touched him at all and so far it looks that I'm not going to.

I was all ready to use the Rogue as my main this time around and started trying to do the WoD pathfinder, but after trying DH yesterday I fell in love instantly and I'm thinking about trying to do all the WoD zones with him for gold/flying there before Legion hits. Good/bad idea?
One of the reasons I decided to switch mains was Outlaw Rogue being a bit boring in general - didn't enjoy the random element of it too.

f0rk

I don't think you could make one until the proper release (might be wrong) and they had to go through all of 60-70 so I think more people were inclined to stick with their actual main for Wrath.

Top Bottom