• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Lomax

Yeah invasions are great xp now, at 94 I got about 56k for the first three phases and 90k for the final. That means about three invasions per level which would be killer.

ampere

There's too many Demon Hunters. How long did this go on for with Wrath and Death Knights? Did the class balance settle early, was it fairly late into the expansion or did it take the content lull or Cata coming out for there to be some semblance of balance.

It was like that all of Wrath IIRC

Maybe during the year long ICC drought it faded, but definitely settled down with Cataclysm

It just seems like you need to play a class that has a ranged or healing spec because literally every other player I'm seeing is a Demon Hunter. There's just so much melee DPS right now. I knew there would be a lot, it's a new class, but I didn't imagine there would be this many.

Looking at realm pop it shows a 0.6% slice for DH on Hyjal and it's the least played class. I guess Cross-Realm is really skewing things or that info isn't too accurate.

Tamanon

Banned
I remember the 5 DK groups tearing through Outlands dungeons that first week of Wrath. Didn't even bother getting a healer for the group.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
some would say DHs never truly went down in popularity

not to the degree of monks, for example. they're still like top 4 most popular class.

biaxident

Wow the invasions take much longer on pvp servers, people camp the graveyard spawns, everyone ganks the tanks and healers, pretty hilarious. I just hide in a corner after tagging since i'm a lowbie.

Fjordson

So I finally got a weapon on my Mage, but it's a wand. So...does this replace my staff? Or do you pair it with the sword? The stats aren't much better than my current staff despite besting it by 40 item lvls...

Just give me a damn staff Blizz =[

Pendas

Banned
So I finally got a weapon on my Mage, but it's a wand. So...does this replace my staff? Or do you pair it with the sword? The stats aren't much better than my current staff despite besting it by 40 item lvls...

Just give me a damn staff Blizz =[

From what I hear, the staff is bugged and not dropping. There's also a lot of weapon models (Offhand / Shields) that were scrapped before Launch.

Anyone on (US, Horde) Hyjal or Area 52 that's active? I checked the Google Sheet, but I'm not sure how many people are actually currently playing.

If so, my BattleTag's OmegaUltimus #1101-feel free to add me. Here's the individual characters: Cauteri (Area 52), Hêlêl (Area 52), and Huiztilopoch (Hyjal, for now).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Whats the deal with that bola talent replacing both arcane shot AND multishot?

Some of their balancing ideas look like they've come from two completely separate teams.

You look at a Ret Paladin and you have a talent tree where you can either focus single target or AOE damage based on what talents you choose. Similarly, you'll go Outlaw for a lot of cleave damage but not much else. But then you look at Unholy DKs or Marksmanship Hunters and it's like 'oh the ideal single target spec IS the AOE spec. And it excels at both better than classes that have to spec into it'

like, what? why? who thought this was a good idea? and as 'simple' as BM is, MM is just as simple. Stare at Vulnerability, the game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You literally will drop those weapons in 2 weeks, I dont understand the fuss about the invasion weapons. You could argue this gear will help you in the first level in broken isles but again, the weapon wont, you will instantly replace it with your artifact.

solaaire

Neo Member
Some people wanted it for the mog, others are mad that they wasted time farming for an item that doesn't drop. Which is especially understandable since there were promo posts from blizzard saying that they were in the game, which were clearly incorrect.

Rizzi

You literally will drop those weapons in 2 weeks, I dont understand the fuss about the invasion weapons. You could argue this gear will help you in the first level in broken isles but again, the weapon wont, you will instantly replace it with your artifact.

They're useful for now though.

Fjordson

Sure, but it's still kinda lame. Might as well have put weapons in for all classes. To leave out the staff or an off-hand is just a weird oversight.

Some of my characters aren't going to be brought to the Broken Isles for awhile. I still have things in Draenor to finish up on them and I don't want to have too many things going on with them. This invasion gear helps it go by quicker.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Pretty sure artifact quests scale to ilevel, so it's lol.

Well, it's kind of the same fuss people are going to make once they get the artifacts for their class/spec once Legion begins proper.

Lain

Wish the Invasions were giving good exp while I was the last levels on my gnome war, though at least I can now do them on the other few 90s to get them to 100 relatively quickly without too much hassle.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wish the Invasions were giving good exp while I was the last levels on my gnome war, though at least I can now do them on the other few 90s to get them to 100 relatively quickly without too much hassle.

When was the last time you did one? they buffed them today. And my brother told me he was getting pretty crazy exp for doing nothing

Lomax

I mean, essentially the entire purpose of the game is to obtain things for arbitrary reasons. So yeah, it may be pointless in three weeks, but right now on some of my characters these weapons are literally the first weapon upgrade they've gotten since I got ilvl 700 PVP weapons right after they hit 100, so there's appeal to that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sure, but it's still kinda lame. Might as well have put weapons in for all classes. To leave out the staff or an off-hand is just a weird oversight.

Its deffinately lame. When I got the wand on my Lock I was like "welp guess ill keep using this 580 off hand because I never got another off hand". But something to be pissed about? To each its own I guess.

And hey its still 2 weeks of invasions and maybe they will add items?

Rafy

From what I hear, the staff is bugged and not dropping. There's also a lot of weapon models (Offhand / Shields) that were scrapped before Launch.

Same here, I just ended up going with the sword cause it looked cooler than the wand, and upgraded it.

On an unrelated note, is the tradeskillmaster website bugged? None of the items I entered, show any sales on the AH past Aug. 1st for me.

ampere

I just want xmog lol

Rhaknar

I just want xmog lol

Fair enough. Im not saying anyone is wrong for wanting them, I just dont particulary get the thirst with Artifacts around the corner is all. But hey I also dont get why peeps be buying my felbats for 4k a pop so :4

Edit: OH I forgot to say something earlier. Not only do you get a lot of gold from transmog runs, you also get some nice extra change from BoEs from them. I sold a sword and some leather shoulders for 400/800g a pop, pretty nifty.

Rizzi

Someone's first time in a mythic dungeon at all, they get two boa trinkets.
Where the fuck is my one after doing all of them for two weeks? :|

Last time I was on I got killed (somehow) in the auction house (pve server). I logged on tonight and all my spells seem to be demon hunter spells. How do I get all my monk shit back? Pls help!

styl3s

Decided to finally use my boost (on a mage) since i really have nothing to do till expansion so i figured i would boost it and run through all the heroics and raids to get used to the class an it seems like fire is the most viable spec? should i stick to that or do you think frost has legs and will get better in legion?

Rhaknar

I saw multiple people today saying frost was the "best" spec today (whatever that means for you crazy kids). Fire was a ton of fun when I lvled mine recently tho.

styl3s

I saw multiple people today saying frost was the "best" spec today (whatever that means for you crazy kids). Fire was a ton of fun when I lvled mine recently tho.
I saw a bunch of frost players when i first came back and running through all the heroics and raids getting used to my hunter again and the whole time i was thinking "isn't fire the best?" I'll just focus on fire.

I was originally going to boost a Warlock but i figured i would roll the dice with a Mage since i can teleport and turn dudes into sheep and giggle.

Rhaknar

All 3 specs of Mage are strong, and more importantly, fun.

Im actually surprised im not more into it /shrug

Well, Ice is boring due instant casting for doing nothing, Arcane is fun managing your mana costs and fire is finally fun after the rework, a pain in the ass before

Hm?

If I am understanding you correctly you should be able to buyback the items from any vendor

False alarm, it was the bank vendor on my garrison, phew

Khezu

Fire was really fun on the PTR.

I should play fire as my caster, but despite logic I'm going to play Lock, even though I'm not having any kind of fun.

Top Bottom