• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well, Ice is boring due instant casting for doing nothing, Arcane is fun managing your mana costs and fire is finally fun after the rework, a pain in the ass before

That new frost spell, what is its point? It seems that you would only ever use it when it procs the instant cast, and by then its just a different skinned frost lance.

It reminds me of enhancement shaman where the the other day I decided to get every extra button in the talent tree, and all it did was give me extra buttons for no good reason, it was just another cooldown to press like any other. Its why its weird when people complain so much about less buttons, if they are just more buttons for the sake of quantity, whats the point.

Dont get me wrong, if the spec feels empty, by all means. I started using chimera shot on BM and it feels better. Its a small aoe if theres 2 targets and it gives you resource, on top of filling out your rotation. But if its just filling it for filling sake, no thank you man.

thats false, 1 spec of mage is strong, 1 is meh and 1 is shit, really shit

Ok, guess I read/heard wrong. Maybe you should have said what was what for the person that was inquiring about Mages?

Milennia

That new frost spell, what is its point? It seems that you would only ever use it when it procs the instant cast, and by then its just a different skinned frost lance.

It reminds me of enhancement shaman where the the other day I decided to get every extra button in the talent tree, and all it did was give me extra buttons for no good reason, it was just another cooldown to press like any other. Its why its weird when people complain so much about less buttons, if they are just more buttons for the sake of quantity, whats the point.

Dont get me wrong, if the spec feels empty, by all means. I started using chimera shot on BM and it feels better. Its a small aoe if theres 2 targets and it gives you resource, on top of filling out your rotation. But if its just filling it for filling sake, no thank you man.

Ok, guess I read/heard wrong. Maybe you should have said what was what for the person that was inquiring about Mages?
its fairly out there information from logs but

fire>>arc>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>frost

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why the fuck was a bunch of people saying frost was the best in trade today then lol? Were they just trolling the poor soul that asked? :/

I mean sure trade isnt the best source of information but if something is well kniwn its at least accurate for that shit.

Milennia

Why the fuck was a bunch of people saying frost was the best in trade today then lol? Were they just trolling the poor soul that asked? :/

I mean sure trade isnt the best source of information but if something is well kniwn its at least accurate for that shit.

trade chat is literally nothing in terms of information unless you care about asking for directions or something and getting a 50% anal joke or actual correct responses

ampere

at 110 with a legendary in comparison to fire WITHOUT a legendary both with max artifacts its over 80k difference, probably the largest gap in specs on any class

Max artifacts are a ways out though, I expect a tuning patch before raids open. I mean, maybe they won't, but it'd be pretty bad if there's no tuning

Milennia

Max artifacts are a ways out though, I expect a tuning patch before raids open. I mean, maybe they won't, but it'd be pretty bad if there's no tuning

there will be tuning but there wont be so much tuning that frost will magically pull ahead in anyway, i mean even if the numbers werent total shit the spec has nothing going for it at all in comparison to fire, 2 target cleave vs large single target and passive full cleave on fire, its not even a contest and thats going off mechanics alone

Ramirez

So, I was asked to play a DK for this expansion, and I've never played one, so what the hell I guess. What spec should I be looking to go for end game?

And holy shit am I sick of doing these Outland quests...I bet I've done these things on 10 characters or more.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So, I was asked to play a DK for this expansion, and I've never played one, so what the hell I guess. What spec should I be looking to go for end game?

And holy shit am I sick of doing these Outland quests...I bet I've done these things on 10 characters or more.
Unholy is the "in" FotM spec but I personally find Frost more fun for DPS. And unlike Frost Mage (heavy sigh) Frost DK are still quite good.

Blood for tanking, obviously. It's a fun tank to play.

Robin64

Damn, the exp from invasions really is very good. I can AFK my level 90s to level 100 while just doing other things around the house.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Wish there were more interesting things to buy with the shards, now I'm just doing the Invasions on alts to get a bit of quick gear and not really working towards anything.

A mount and some toys would've been cool, I think.

Lanrutcon

I got to try this.

Low level characters get about 3 levels per invasion. Mid level characters get about 3/4 of a level per invasion. Not sure about high level characters yet.

Note: you don't get good xp for killing things, just surviving a wave. So afk away.

Lanrutcon

Thinking the week before Legion launches is going to be stupidly good for leveling characters, with the constant invasions.

Edit: holy shit. Ignore Pain is fucking nuts.

Meguro

Banned
I'm assuming it only works from 90+ upward?
Cause I'm leveling a mage right now and I'd love for any way to make it go faster.

Robin64

i thought invasions are only for lvl 98+ ? They changed that?

Broken Shore is 98+ but Invasions have been 10+ since launch. I actually had a go of them using a starter account on US servers a day before EU got them, because I was terribly impatient.

Sarek

Yeah invasions are great xp now, at 94 I got about 56k for the first three phases and 90k for the final. That means about three invasions per level which would be killer.

With full heirlooms and the 20% xp potion from your garrison you get about 103k from the first stages and 155k from the final. Easily over half a level per invasion.

Rizzi

Continuing the trend of not getting a trinket from mythics, the arms warrior in my grimrail group got the agility and the tanking trinket.
The fuck is mine, RNG? :|

Xando

Made half a lvl (91 to 92) (rested + garrison xp potion) from one invasion with my priest.

Might aswell lvl my alts to 100 before legion with this

M.D

I have a question for Brewmaster Monks regarding Ironskin Brew - since multiple uses of ISB extend its duration and all the damage goes into a single instance of Stagger, in theory, with the right gear and amount of haste, could you keep a 100% (or close) up time on ISB with how much you'll be able to use Keg Smash and Tiger Palm to reduce the duration of the charge?

So the only expansion I don't have right now is Mists of Pandaria. My DK is still cataclysm level, I do have WoD because of Blizzard's free promotion a while back and I kinda want to buy the pre-purchase version of Legion (today).

Do I need to get Mists?

Shahadan

So the only expansion I don't have right now is Mists of Pandaria. My DK is still cataclysm level, I do have WoD because of Blizzard's free promotion a while back and I kinda want to buy the pre-purchase version of Legion (today).

Do I need to get Mists?

Everybody has all the expansions now

M.D

Do I need to get Mists?

I think you get all the previous expansions if you buy the latest one? not 100% sure tho

Neil_J_UK

Sooo what's the crack with artifacts and PVP in Legion - are artifact talents being normalised in any way, or will artifact level actually matter?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm having a lot of troubles with my feral druid with keeping both Rip or Savage Roar up all the time. It seems I cannot gain combo points fast enough for both, and there is always one of them that run out. It's annoying, almost make me want to change talent and get rid of Savage Roar to make things more simple.

Am i doing something wrong?

Top Bottom