• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Why the hell did Blizzard remove so much haste from the Nighthold tier for Warriors? I wanna be a fly on the walls when the decide shit like this.

Tarazet

Yeah the blessing system for Ret Paladins is a huge fucking afterthought. No actual reward or utility there.

It's not really any different than Stormlash for Enhancement, as far as its behavior, but Stormlash gets credited back to the Shaman. It's a boost that you always get when you are grouped with 2 other people (or 3 with the Empowered Stormlash talent), which is fine.. if you are in a group chances are you're dealing with mobs that are a bit harder than what you encounter out in the world.

v1perz53

Why the hell did Blizzard remove so much haste from the Nighthold tier for Warriors? I wanna be a fly on the walls when the decide shit like this.

Age old "gotta make sure the first tier set doesn't have too much of the best stats so they don't use it forever" mentality. Though that might even be giving them too much credit.

Man, we are really getting fucked with our Mythic+ keystones this week. Took 3 stones to 10, got CoS, Arcway, BRH. Unlike Mupod's group, my group seems to have a mental block in CoS (mostly regarding trash mechanics actually) so Fortified there is a no go, especially with raging. And Fortified Necrotic Raging Arcway just sounds like my nightmare. Cap it off with BRH, which is in my opinion the worst dungeon for Necrotic (infinite melee range Wrathguards, tons of pulls with a lot of mobs etc.), plus Raging/Fortified for some fun deaths to mobs that randomly target DPS. I'm confident we could do literally any other +10 this week in time except the 3 we got. Could probably do these as well, but I just dont want to.

Low Tier
I keep migrating guilds FeelsBadMan

I just want a home FeelsBadMan

Get to rock out with my stormreaver boys though FeelsGoodMan

Einchy

Why do you keep leaving guilds? I've always just join one and only left if they fell apart, been with the same guild since 2012 now since this one will probably never die out.

Welcome to the party.

Servers don't even matter anymore

If you're both DPS/heals, my guild is looking for more people to fill out our Mythic EN group. Must be atleast 850(We still run heroics to gear up people). We're also on Sargeras >_> no legendaries required

cdyhybrid

If you're both DPS/heals, my guild is looking for more people to fill out our Mythic EN group. Must be atleast 850(We still run heroics to gear up people). We're also on Sargeras >_> no legendaries required
Are you Alliance? I'm assuming so since you're on Sargeras. Stormreaver is heavily Horde, so I'm guessing neither of us would be able to join anyway :p

Strimei

So apparently This Side Up (the archaeology achievement that unlocks a color variant of your "improved" artifact) is now unlocking account-wide.

Thank god.

Missed out on Operator Thogar boots (Warrior tier matching) during a run this week. Got them from a cache mission though. FeelsKarmaMan.

Only missing now the class-agnostic warrior shoulders from Oregorger.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
It's not really any different than Stormlash for Enhancement, as far as its behavior, but Stormlash gets credited back to the Shaman. It's a boost that you always get when you are grouped with 2 other people (or 3 with the Empowered Stormlash talent), which is fine.. if you are in a group chances are you're dealing with mobs that are a bit harder than what you encounter out in the world.

I think that the point of GBs was supposed to be providing some minor, but 'tangible' benefit to DPS, healing, or tanking.

First problem is that in a large scale sense, kings and wisdom are pretty dang close to negligible. You don't feel you're contributing to the tank or heals as the Ret buffer - rather, it feels like a waste compared to mighting a mage, for example.

Meanwhile, Might is (up to) ~8ish % of your total damage, but is entirely dependent on other players playing well - It otherwise give you no tangible sense of hitting harder.

When my DPS is dependent on other players, it doesn't make me feel like I'm contributing any more than I otherwise would be, and in fact hurts me when I'm solo questing or when others die.

edit: Missed V1per53's post, lol. Ditto what they said.

That's the deal. It's just a troublesome talent to have in the game. If it's viable, it's not just viable, it's better because it's more consistent. And if it's not viable, it's a talent that simultaneously lowers your output and makes your playstyle more mind numbing. RtB as the core of the class and viable SnD are mutually exclusive.

But hey, let's spend all the rogue time on tuning SnD.

Yeah - I can see why Blizz would want to make non-momentum DH builds more viable for people who can't stand the constant movement (to an extent, since its a 'new' class for the expansion), but them having SnD in feels like they don't have confidence in RtB (in that it risks being unfun when you get unlucky),

v1perz53

Might gets credited back to the paladin too, in that it shows up as their damage in meters/logs (at least it did, unless they changed it recently). It is similar to stormlash but more dependent on the person playing well, since stormlash is normalized better. Both might and stormlash are kind of silly, both end up just making you slightly weaker solo and neither are particularly interesting.

TheYanger

Yeah, I've seen people do that in pugs which is special considering the crystals aren't really expensive. I'm the type that asks if anyone needs the drop I got, I don't get that type of selfishness.

Just did Kara, some other guy got an item which was 10 ilvl upgrade for me while he didn't needed it. He immediatly proceeded to disenchant it, I asked "do you need it" (didn't even had time to finish the sentence he had already disenchanted it....)? He said "yeah" obvious lie since he had already disenchanted it. What a douche....

I mean, you're not entitled to other people's loot. period. yeah it sucks that they didn't give it to you, but to come and act like they owed it to you and are now a dick is pretty rich.

I completed Withered Army training for the first time last night. I had stopped running it for awhile because I was getting DC'd randomly when I played WoW and lost one of my runs because of it.

I didn't have all the upgrades, but decided to stop being a chicken and actually go in there to try to kill bosses and see what happens. Turns out I was able to kill all of them.

cdyhybrid

I completed Withered Army training for the first time last night. I had stopped running it for awhile because I was getting DC'd randomly when I played WoW and lost one of my runs because of it.

I didn't have all the upgrades, but decided to stop being a chicken and actually go in there to try to kill bosses and see what happens. Turns out I was able to kill all of them.
Once you're fully upgraded you basically just pull stuff and watch your army melt things.

Low Tier
Why do you keep leaving guilds? I've always just join one and only left if they fell apart, been with the same guild since 2012 now since this one will probably never die out.

first guild i joined for legion i got honeypotted on

And then <Intent> stopped raiding a month after I joined b/c of issues.

xdxdxdxd

TheYanger

first guild i joined for legion i got honeypotted on

And then <Intent> stopped raiding a month after I joined b/c of issues.

xdxdxdxd

Prom now? Assuming anyway. Was there for like a month before I quit at the end (the year of farm) of wod

Einchy

I know I always make a bitching post after PTR builds but goddamn, yet another build and absolutely nothing for Fury, are they honestly not going to do anything with the spec? When they said they were going to re-introduce abilities that they prunned and were finally going to adjust mechanical issues with classes, what class were they speaking about? I guess at this point I have to wait until 7.2 for Fury to finally get the issues that the community has been telling Blizzard about since fucking beta.

Remember when Blizzard said they should've listened to the feedback they got in beta? Blizzard doesn't.

Being a Warrior during MoP was so good, WoD and Legion has gotten me so salty.

Low Tier
I know I always make a bitching post after PTR builds but goddamn, yet another build and absolutely nothing for Fury, are they honestly not going to do anything with the spec? When they said they were going to re-introduce abilities that they prunned and were finally going to adjust mechanical issues with classes, what class were they speaking about? I guess at this point I have to wait until 7.2 for Fury to finally get the issues that the community has been telling Blizzard about since fucking beta.

Remember when Blizzard said they should've listened to the feedback they got in beta? Blizzard doesn't.

Being a Warrior during MoP was so good, WoD and Legion has gotten me so salty.

I'm leveling a warrior right now. I just wanna spam execute man...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So apparently This Side Up (the archaeology achievement that unlocks a color variant of your "improved" artifact) is now unlocking account-wide.

Thank god.
Welp time to get back to the archeo grind.

Low Tier
All the artifact shit that Fury has around Execute would lead you to believe it's THE spec for Execute but nope.

time to go arms and pray for gloves?
StinkyCheese.png

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
All the artifact shit that Fury has around Execute would lead you to believe it's THE spec for Execute but nope.

I mean, you can do it if you get the execute legendary. Otherwise you're just better off sticking to the basic rotation and taking it off your bars.

v1perz53

God are you kidding me? We decide to do our +10 CoS stone and manage despite my group being awful at CoS to 1 chest it with a very impressive group effort and BAM +11 BRH stone... That place might as well be impossible on Raging/Necrotic/Fortified. Forget how awful Necrotic is in there, every one of our DPS would be one shot by either the cats or the arcane mobs or the hunter cone attacks or the knife throwers once they got raging. Horrible affixes for BRH. Though we did salvage it a bit by 2 chesting our +9 HoV, then quite easily 1 chesting Nelth +11. Scorpions weren't nearly as awful as we expected. Got Arcway for our +12, gonna tackle that tomorrow. Not looking forward to it, but we can definitely at least clear it for the 885 piece...

Tarazet

Once you're fully upgraded you basically just pull stuff and watch your army melt things.

I was actively trying to die today since I have the mount, got over 500 points and that was enough for me. Even standing there while Dro went to town on me wasn't enough anymore. For one thing, what a difference having 2.4M health instead of 1.4M the first time I went in there.. and for another, having all the upgrades makes everything stupid easy (except that side room near the start, which can be ignored after you clear it the first time).

Different topic, I played all day with Empowered Stormlash instead of Tempest. When you get the triple stack of procs from Stormbringer, for some reason it makes everything feel laggy and syrupy. If you only get the double stack because you didn't take Tempest, the lag isn't there. I've also found that it is really helpful on fights where you have downtime to move around and deal with mechanics, like Il'gynoth which I always struggle with as Enhancement.

Stonecore makes you realise how pants on head stupid a lot of the playerbase is. And it's always Ozruk or the mobs right before Ozruk that do it.

Dugna

Stonecore makes you realise how pants on head stupid a lot of the playerbase is. And it's always Ozruk or the mobs right before Ozruk that do it.

I could get maybe casters not getting out of stun on that fight since most don't know you dot up yourself through his reflect to break it....but its those melee who who can't just run a simple 2-3 steps to get outta it in time....did stonecore a few times for the timewalking and everybody 110...I'm the only one who moved outta stuff. Heck I was even able to ret tank the boss because of how simple he is.

Thats Renferal for me, because people have trouble moving 20 feet without walking off the edge

This one doesn't surprise me. People who play World of Warcraft, probably don't have a knack for platforming or tight movement skills. As someone who spent a bunch of time playing Crash or Mario 64, I find platforming a satisfying technique in a game like this.(Another one is Destiny, I frequently love to 'break' out of the confined spaces)

Einchy

Oh god, I did an alt raid with this guild that some of our officers also raid in and I believe I saw hell itself.

SO. MANY. FUCKING. BREAKS.

It took 2 hours to do Heroic EN.

Einchy

2 hours doesn't seem all that bad.

Takes a little under an hour when only people from our raid does it.

These dudes wasted an insane amount of time and it was crazy how many breaks we took, we're in and out in our alt-heroic. Never seen such an inefficient raid before.

vocab

I think im considering quiting. No dps legendaries on a weak st spec. I basically have no reason to be on my guilds roster for tov, feel worthless, and if ptr went live now, id probably just not give a fuck anymore. We are progressing on mythic helya, and theres nothing I can do to increase my damage to compete with some of these specs. 37 points basically a waste of fucking time.

I tried really hard to ignore the ap and legendary grind, but the balance of this game a fucking joke.

I really enjoyed legion, and didnt think Id play it after wod was the worst piece of garbage ever. These systems and terrible balance decisions are destroying the game for many people. Blizzard will never learn.

Top Bottom