• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Mupod

yeah I've never seen someone bonus roll a hidden appearance. Likewise, none of us have ever bonus rolled a Nightbane mount (it just gives one to somebody who doesn't have one).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This Side Up isn't account wide?

What the fuck

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I gave up on that in week 3

Mupod

From what I understand that AQ event refers to the person who opened the gates by name, but it's the guy on Medivh who opened them first. That'd be a real disappointment if it's not just a PTR thing and that's how it is on all servers. When I first heard about the event I assumed they'd celebrate it on the day your server opened the gates and reference YOUR scarab lord. We busted our asses to open that gate, we should be remembered not some random jerk on another server.

Daniel R

How much battle.net balance do you expect we will get for one token, in $ or €?
I am hoping to buy Overwatch, the last store wow mount and some Hearthstone card packs from my excess gold.

Entropia

No One Remembers
From what I understand that AQ event refers to the person who opened the gates by name, but it's the guy on Medivh who opened them first. That'd be a real disappointment if it's not just a PTR thing and that's how it is on all servers. When I first heard about the event I assumed they'd celebrate it on the day your server opened the gates and reference YOUR scarab lord. We busted our asses to open that gate, we should be remembered not some random jerk on another server.

It happens the day they were first open, so yeah when Medivh opened them.

v1perz53

Sigh, time for Necrotic week. Necrotic/Raging/Fortified will ensure that I don't get to stop kiting at all once packs hit 30%...

Darkheart +11 with teeming/skittish/fortified was somewhat shittier than anticipated. Holy crap those bears and triple Keeper pulls. Ended up just barely failing the key, but we had a depleted +11 Eye we tackled again. We only failed that before due to some fuckups from being overtired and easily cleared it on the second try. Lucked out and got +12 Court of Stars which, as expected, isn't bad except for those Inquisitors. And wow are those ever awful. The worst part of Teeming is in full effect as well - you have to make 3-4 extra pulls just to hit 100% clear, even including the extra mobs already in each pull. So stupid.

Didn't even mess with the insanely huge pack (2 inquisitors, a robot, some other stuff) on the bridge in the second boss' area. I'm not sure that group is even beatable without Bloodlust.

Anyways, once again I have a shot at an 885. But considering the massive loot table it pulls your mythic+ cache from, you'd think I'd get something other than mastery bracers.

Yea, we were surprised by +11 Darkheart last week as well, failing the timer by ~1:30, was frustrating. Didn't help that by random chance it was the first time we had ever seen Teeming Darkheart, so I wasn't sure which pulls would end up the worst. Bears were awful as expected, but for our group the worst was the 4 caster pull, I wish I had a mass grip for that. And some of the pulls in the hallway to Xavius were surprisingly brutal with how many things Teeming added, but the bat pull stayed just 4 bats. Teeming is weird.

Lomax

How much battle.net balance do you expect we will get for one token, in $ or €?
I am hoping to buy Overwatch, the last store wow mount and some Hearthstone card packs from my excess gold.

Should be $15 (maybe 14.99) because it has to still be enough for one month of WoW. I'd definitely max out on tokens now if you haven't already, I'm sure when the change comes prices will skyrocket.

So my guild is hitting Mythic Dragons for the first time tomorrow, does anyone have any good tips? I've checked out the Fatboss video relentlessly over the last few weeks.

Is it viable to cleave them down at the beginning for two stacks and then separating them? Literally any help would be appreciated.
Yep, you can cleave them down at the beginning, but our guild stopped doing it cause it made the tank swap harder.

From a healer pov:
-Dispelling nightmare blast on cd lowers the healing requirement for this fight significantly. Having a mass dispel on each side helps keep them under control if you fall behind on dispelling them.
-Being spread out and only getting one root is extremely important.
-Don't let your dps be in the middle of the map, you'll get nightmare blooms in terrible spots.
-If your raid is bad at dodging stuff, gloom can be a major source of damage when it's completely avoidable.

This fight is mostly a mechanics fight, you do the mechanics and the boss just dies.

Strimei

This Side Up isn't account wide?

What the fuck

People had reported that from beta, but yeah, now for more people to discover it.

Hopefully pressure gets put on Blizzard. This is god damn absurd and needs to be an account-wide unlock.

It takes FOUR MONTHS at a minimum to get. For one character.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I haven't even bothered doing any of those quests. I think I've done 2 of them?

So I have to do it on each of the characters I want the artifact color on?

Strimei

I haven't even bothered doing any of those quests. I think I've done 2 of them?

So I have to do it on each of the characters I want the artifact color on?

Yes.

Have fun.

edit: This week's Suramar quest had me wondering who voices Elisande. I never heard her voice before (I play with sound off usually) and its so familiar.

Turns out, Jennifer Hale. Yeah that explains the familiarity.

Should be $15 (maybe 14.99) because it has to still be enough for one month of WoW. I'd definitely max out on tokens now if you haven't already, I'm sure when the change comes prices will skyrocket.

That already happened after the information was datamined last month. Tokens went from 32k to 78k in a couple weeks time on speculation. No idea where they are at now, I gave up and just started paying for subscription again for the first time since April 2015.

Xeteh

I was seriously hating trying to farm the rares in Underbelly and figured getting that would be a nightmare but it only took about 10-15 rares for it to drop so... yay!

edit: This week's Suramar quest had me wondering who voices Elisande. I never heard her voice before (I play with sound off usually) and its so familiar.

Turns out, Jennifer Hale. Yeah that explains the familiarity.

Yeah, her voice is burned in my mind at this point. I realized she was voicing Elisande right away. She's awesome.

People had reported that from beta, but yeah, now for more people to discover it.

Hopefully pressure gets put on Blizzard. This is god damn absurd and needs to be an account-wide unlock.

It takes FOUR MONTHS at a minimum to get. For one character.

Archeology really is fucked in every way this expansion

Lomax

That already happened after the information was datamined last month. Tokens went from 32k to 78k in a couple weeks time on speculation. No idea where they are at now, I gave up and just started paying for subscription again for the first time since April 2015.

NA price has stayed in the 56-58k region for the last few weeks. But I fully expect it to be 100k+ once it can be "cashed out" into battle.net credit.

Nere

Just did Kara, some other guy got an item which was 10 ilvl upgrade for me while he didn't needed it. He immediatly proceeded to disenchant it, I asked "do you need it" (didn't even had time to finish the sentence he had already disenchanted it....)? He said "yeah" obvious lie since he had already disenchanted it. What a douche....

v1perz53

Random question that I'm almost certain no one will know the answer to, but does anyone happen to know if the shield from Prydaz is affected by Necrotic? Would determine whether it ends up being a really nice bonus this week or almost a waste of a slot for my tank.

Xeteh

Just did Kara, some other guy got an item which was 10 ilvl upgrade for me while he didn't needed it. He immediatly proceeded to disenchant it, I asked "do you need it" (didn't even had time to finish the sentence he had already disenchanted it....)? He said "yeah" obvious lie since he had already disenchanted it. What a douche....

Yeah, I've seen people do that in pugs which is special considering the crystals aren't really expensive. I'm the type that asks if anyone needs the drop I got, I don't get that type of selfishness.

Nere

Yeah, I've seen people do that in pugs which is special considering the crystals aren't really expensive. I'm the type that asks if anyone needs the drop I got, I don't get that type of selfishness.

Same I always ask and he lied after I asked him like I couldn't see the disenchant on the chat...

I was seriously hating trying to farm the rares in Underbelly and figured getting that would be a nightmare but it only took about 10-15 rares for it to drop so... yay!

Nice! Although I'm outlaw exclusively, I got these on the rare shark that gave me my final Sightless eyes to get Ratstallion. What a epic way to end my time in the sewers.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It's 3am and I can't sleep so here I am levelling an Undead Male Rogue while listening to old school Disturbed getting that BRM PvP nostalgia feel running through me. About to hit level 13, nearly ready for dungeon finder! I used to main Rogue back in Molten Core so it has been awhile. I currently have a ranged, tank and healer so figured it was time for a melee.

I absolutely hate levelling so if anyone has any tips on speeding up this chore of a process please feel free to chime in, the plan is to just spam dungeons dripping in heirlooms.

EDIT: Managed to ding 15 before the servers went down. BTW, will this ever get old? :D

v1perz53

Fun bug we encountered in Kara tonight, Flame Wreathe would just go off the second the cast was over, no matter what. Unless someone in my group was straight lying (unlikely since we wiped a few times to it) everyone had their hands fully off the keyboards and it would still go off instantly. We ended up doing the fight by using CDs/immunities on the first Flame Wreath hah.

Also fun fact, at 4.28 million HP on my bear I can live through a Flame Wreathe detonation with no defensive or mitigation up at all quite comfortably.

I absolutely hate levelling so if anyone has any tips on speeding up this chore of a process please feel free to chime in, the plan is to just spam dungeons dripping in heirlooms.

Being a tank or healer is the only way leveling can get faster. The queue times are gonna go from 10-15 minutes to half an hour or longer as a straight DPS once you get past 60. I'm leveling a Mage right now, level 84, and it's taking forever to get through the Cata dungeons. So close to MIsts and WoD, but so far.

Being a tank or healer is the only way leveling can get faster. The queue times are gonna go from 10-15 minutes to half an hour or longer as a straight DPS once you get past 60. I'm leveling a Mage right now, level 84, and it's taking forever to get through the Cata dungeons. So close to MIsts and WoD, but so far.

Maybe that's a Cata thing, but WotLK and TBC weren't that bad for me. Sub-10 minutes during prime time for the most part, longer in the early morning.

Maybe that's a Cata thing, but WotLK and TBC weren't that bad for me. Sub-10 minutes during prime time for the most part, longer in the early morning.

It's fast through the Vanilla dungeons and gradually gets slower with each expansion. It would probably be faster to level in Cata questing content than trying to wait out half hour DPS queues.

Tarazet

Tanks and healers hate pugging Stonecore, for reasons that more people were extensively reminded of last week during Timewalking. Some of the Pandaria dungeons can be a chore too, like Gate of the Setting Sun *shudder*.

But you are a DPS, so you can just blow through Hyjal and then you'll basically be in Jade Forest, then Frostfire Ridge/SMV, Gorgrond and maybe part of Nagrand before you're into Legion.

fairly certain ive made more money in the few months this xpac has been out then all the other ones combined

sitting at 450k gold right now, most i ever had pre legion was close to 100k and ive bought multiple luxury items like the expedition yak

i didnt make a shitton of cash in WoD cuz I only play one character

As much as I want to leave the expansions untouched until I do loremaster clears of them later I think I'm gonna go do one Cata zone and one MoP zone once I force myself through Thousand Needles to Sithilus. Don't think I wanna park myself in Stormwind while I wait for queues to pop and I don't think I'll be 88 before I finish this Vanilla zone slog.

Ashodin

damn why is melee holy spec so fucking fun

I love beating things over the head with The Silver Hand and then zapping shit with Holy Shock and then healing the fuck out of everyone near me

Lain

damn why is melee holy spec so fucking fun

I love beating things over the head with The Silver Hand and then zapping shit with Holy Shock and then healing the fuck out of everyone near me

Personally I hate it (in group play). Every GCD spent on crusader strike or any Holy Shock spent on a mob is more chances for people to bite the dust than needed. Being in melee range means chances to get stunned, silenced, feared etc are higher and if the mob does some form of aoe dmg having myself in there means adding another body to heal up.
And don't get me started on losing a shield for that dumb 2h which means less block chances when mounting up which means getting dazed and dismounted more often.

Ashodin

I actually no troubles with that - most players I come across are competent and I can save them within a span of a Holy Shock -> Flash of Light -> Light of Dawn

I was doing that elite WQ at shield's rest to kill those dragons and a DH and a hunter jumped me on my disc priest. I tanked a dragon and killed them both. Nggg I love disc for world pvp.

Top Bottom