• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Can you start the Broken Shore scenario at lvl 98? I think you can but I can't recall. As much as I would like to do a clean loremaster sweep of Draenor PVE before moving on to Legion, I'm almost done Shadowmoon Valley and I'm already 95. I think I could wrap up Gorgrond and be 98 with all of the questing, events and treasures.

Can you start the Broken Shore scenario at lvl 98? I think you can but I can't recall. As much as I would like to do a clean loremaster sweep of Draenor PVE before moving on to Legion, I'm almost done Shadowmoon Valley and I'm already 95. I think I could wrap up Gorgrond and be 98 with all of the questing, events and treasures.

You can.

Tarazet

I really hope I'm still able to play Enhancement in 7.1.5. It's a middle of the pack spec in most measures, but I've gotten a really good feel for that screwy priority list. Being out of place with refreshes really hurts when you get a random string of procs right afterwards, and it took me a lot of trial and error to figure out how to manage it.

I got the root pants today as my third drop. My guildies thought I was crazy putting them on instead of Spiritual Journey.. but the stats are optimal for Enhancement, the SJ effect is useless in raids, and the Roots effect does some good, hard work (works out to 32K HPS). It means I never have to spend my maelstrom on self-healing anymore.

Mothman91

You absolutely can get mythic chests, I've been getting them for ages. Not sure on number of bosses, but last expansion it was two heroic clears and 1 extra boss? or 1 clear and 1 extra boss? Something like that. I almost feel like it might be based on your ilevel now but I could be way off, mine has been mythic since a couple weeks after the raid launched though.

Damn, I think I have done 6 atm, need 2 more for 8.

vocab

I really hope I'm still able to play Enhancement in 7.1.5. It's a middle of the pack spec in most measures, but I've gotten a really good feel for that screwy priority list. Being out of place with refreshes really hurts when you get a random string of procs right afterwards, and it took me a lot of trial and error to figure out how to manage it.

I got the root pants today as my third drop. My guildies thought I was crazy putting them on instead of Spiritual Journey.. but the stats are optimal for Enhancement, the SJ effect is useless in raids, and the Roots effect does some good, hard work (works out to 32K HPS). It means I never have to spend my maelstrom on self-healing anymore.

I mean enhance out dps's me on any single target fight by 30-80k dps based on procs alone, even without their 35th trait. I think youll be fine. I rather be middle, then bottom as fuck as WW. Having three legendaries, and two of them are useless/bad is really shit for mythic raiding.

Dugna

No :p

though Apparently Asmongold became something other than a joke in the last month? That was news to me.

So the guy who downed mythic raids faster then your guild and has progressed faster then you is somehow a joke? EN and ToV again are filler raids and majority of classes gear isn't BiS from either, so overall my point still stands to get the best gear in the shortest amount of time you just don't raid.

Ark

Well I'm in a kind of bind. I started my current raid guild with four other IRL friends, two of which have since quit, so it's me and two friends left along with everyone we've picked up along the way. Thing is, our progression is slow as fuck. We have 90 wipes and 3 kills on Elerethe. Ursoc look us an entire week longer than it should have because people couldn't figure out how to soak correctly (yeah.).

What's funny is that a lot of the guilds around our progress level on our realm are either merging or falling apart, and it seems like we're going to follow suit.

I'll probably see if I can get us to merge with another guild in a similar position, otherwise I'll have to leave my friends behind if I want to progress :/

Just because they don't have tier doesn't mean they're "filler" raids. And even so, does that really matter? It's better that the first raid eases people in, especially after the tumult of learning all the specs/talents/early gearing/etc at the start of an expac.

I'm not sure what you're getting at exactly.

And Asmongold is a hilarious caricature. Take anything he says with a grain of salt.

While it is possible to start Legion content at 98, I would not recommend starting before 100. The scaling is completely wonky. I could not complete my first artifact quest at 98, I simply do not have strong enough damage mitigation (ice shield disappears after one or two hits), enough health and can't do enough damage quickly. The last boss on the artifact quest basically kills me in three to five hits. Back to Draenor to speed through junk until I'm 100.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Wait can someone tell me what these mythic caches are? I missed this.

These thingies.

wONRydx.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Just because they don't have tier doesn't mean they're "filler" raids. And even so, does that really matter? It's better that the first raid eases people in, especially after the tumult of learning all the specs/talents/early gearing/etc at the start of an expac.

I'm not sure what you're getting at exactly.

And Asmongold is a hilarious caricature. Take anything he says with a grain of salt.

I don't understand why you guys are even attempting to engage with a guy claiming EN and TOV are garbage tier filler because they don't have gear with set bonuses on them.

It's insane troll logic.

TheYanger

So the guy who downed mythic raids faster then your guild and has progressed faster then you is somehow a joke? EN and ToV again are filler raids and majority of classes gear isn't BiS from either, so overall my point still stands to get the best gear in the shortest amount of time you just don't raid.

Asmongold's guild is like the exact same tier as mine at the moment. I'm currently what I would consider 'casual'

I hate to break it to you, there are people in TOP guilds, that are jokes too. Asmongold has literally laways been a joke character. His persona is intended to be humorous and not serious. He also is a second tier raider within his own guild, he doesn't even get brought to most things.

Since you place such value on that, why not go find Sco and ask him if he thinks it's filler based on the lack of a tier set?

I mean, at this point it's clear you're in your own little bubble and nobody else agrees with you, so I probably shouldn't bother to respond, but it's just SO damn baffling that I can't help it.

These thingies.

wONRydx.png
Specifically the raid one is what we were talking about. Just to clarify further.

My server is starting to get to a point where multiple core guilds are having problems getting 20 people to log in regularly for mythic raiding.

I have no idea how we managed 40 back in Vanilla.

mclem

My server is starting to get to a point where multiple core guilds are having problems getting 20 people to log in regularly for mythic raiding.

I think this time of year (and also the height of summer) are always difficult anyway due to holidays/Christmas coming up; I've barely played this weekend, not because I don't want to, but because I've got a bunch of other responsibilities to chase up.

The time to worry is if it doesn't come back by mid-January.

Mupod

Guild got mythic spiderbird down, considering how absolutely horrible we are at the heroic version of that fight I was kinda baffled that we killed it relatively easily. We're 3/7 now and got some pulls on dragons. Unless we stop running heroic EN (which we won't - too many people only log in on Tuesdays and we don't like making them sit) it's going to get tough to progress farther than we are just due to lack of time. Thankfully we always have plenty of folks on to do what we need to do.

I had some decent luck with Nythendra and walked away with 880 versions of her frost/shadow relics. Already had an 895 frost relic from her. Need to figure out how to change your relic in simulationcraft although I'm fairly certain her shadow relic is far better than the runic power on obliterate one I have, even considering I have the Koltira belt.

Nere

Guild got mythic spiderbird down, considering how absolutely horrible we are at the heroic version of that fight I was kinda baffled that we killed it relatively easily. We're 3/7 now and got some pulls on dragons. Unless we stop running heroic EN (which we won't - too many people only log in on Tuesdays and we don't like making them sit) it's going to get tough to progress farther than we are just due to lack of time. Thankfully we always have plenty of folks on to do what we need to do.

I had some decent luck with Nythendra and walked away with 880 versions of her frost/shadow relics. Already had an 895 frost relic from her. Need to figure out how to change your relic in simulationcraft although I'm fairly certain her shadow relic is far better than the runic power on obliterate one I have, even considering I have the Koltira belt.

Here, I assume you are frost like I am http://imgur.com/7gzoA0n

Mupod

Here, I assume you are frost like I am http://imgur.com/7gzoA0n

Wow it's way above everything else. Too bad high level Frost versions of Ambidexterity relics don't really exist yet, I'd need crazy titanforge luck I guess.

But yeah I was thinking along the lines of testing whether my legendary would affect those results, but that's because I misread the tooltip on ambidexterity. I missed the part where it was buffing obliterate. Based on my own DPS logs (that show my offhand oblit/frost strike damage) it's pretty clear that's an upgrade. Considering how close I am with our other DKs I'll take any edge I can get.

Also on the subject of legendaries I'm getting suspicious that they messed up the bad luck protection 'fix' for people with 4. I know a few very active players that have been stuck at 4 for a long time, myself included. I don't want to get all conspiracy theory but so far the two big tin foil hat theories ended up being totally correct.

Nere

Wow it's way above everything else. Too bad high level Frost versions of Ambidexterity relics don't really exist yet, I'd need crazy titanforge luck I guess.

But yeah I was thinking along the lines of testing whether my legendary would affect those results, but that's because I misread the tooltip on ambidexterity. I missed the part where it was buffing obliterate. Based on my own DPS logs (that show my offhand oblit/frost strike damage) it's pretty clear that's an upgrade. Considering how close I am with our other DKs I'll take any edge I can get.

Also on the subject of legendaries I'm getting suspicious that they messed up the bad luck protection 'fix' for people with 4. I know a few very active players that have been stuck at 4 for a long time, myself included. I don't want to get all conspiracy theory but so far the two big tin foil hat theories ended up being totally correct.

I was actually surprised to see the extra runic power from obliterate being lower than the razorice.

Lain

I guess it was a fluke they gave it to me once on my paladin, because all they ever offer now is the Impact Tremor.

I got it today and 2 days ago on my Paladin. It's quite random for that quest to actually reward that trinket in my experience (2 days ago was the first time it ever gave me the trinket as a reward).

Quested through part of Talador, hit 100, ran through Tanaan to grab some 650 ilvl trinkets and weapons and now I'm off to the Broken Shore and to grab Aluneth.

While it is possible to start Legion content at 98, I would not recommend starting before 100. The scaling is completely wonky. I could not complete my first artifact quest at 98, I simply do not have strong enough damage mitigation (ice shield disappears after one or two hits), enough health and can't do enough damage quickly. The last boss on the artifact quest basically kills me in three to five hits. Back to Draenor to speed through junk until I'm 100.

Recently did it at 98 on my mage, seemed fine for the most part.

Recently did it at 98 on my mage, seemed fine for the most part.

I literally could not complete the final boss fight in the artifact quest. It was like being a low-level player in an Invasion going up against the raid boss. I would die in two or three hits once ice barrier was gone (which lasted one hit) and my two interrupts were on CD. I couldn't do much damage even with 4 arcane charges and then I would burn through mana at an insane rate. In some fights I would be trapped with zero mana, waiting for invocation to come off CD. it was rough.

It was doable in everything leading up to the void prince fight because with greater invisibility I could get Azuregos to face-tank a lot of stuff for me. On my own I literally do not have enough damage mitagtion or health to last long and certainly couldn't burn anything down quick enough. Maybe it would've been doable if my mage-looms were leveled up to 100 but in Draenor quest greens it was rough.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got RNG trolled pretty bad this weekend. Did a lot of Battlegrounds, won most of them, but still don't have the shaman vindictive glad shoulder transmog I want. I have every other piece of the set.

Also, it's great that Horde can actually win AV now after years of it being like 90% ally wins. AV popped more than any other BG by a wide margin and we managed to win at least half of them. It's a fun time.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I got RNG trolled pretty bad this weekend. Did a lot of Battlegrounds, won most of them, but still don't have the shaman vindictive glad shoulder transmog I want. I have every other piece of the set.

Also, it's great that Horde can actually win AV now after years of it being like 90% ally wins. AV popped more than any other BG by a wide margin and we managed to win at least half of them. It's a fun time.

I can't remember the last time I won AV as Alliance. :(

Tarazet

I literally could not complete the final boss fight in the artifact quest. It was like being a low-level player in an Invasion going up against the raid boss. I would die in two or three hits once ice barrier was gone (which lasted one hit) and my two interrupts were on CD. I couldn't do much damage even with 4 arcane charges and then I would burn through mana at an insane rate. In some fights I would be trapped with zero mana, waiting for invocation to come off CD. it was rough.

It was doable in everything leading up to the void prince fight because with greater invisibility I could get Azuregos to face-tank a lot of stuff for me. On my own I literally do not have enough damage mitagtion or health to last long and certainly couldn't burn anything down quick enough. Maybe it would've been doable if my mage-looms were leveled up to 100 but in Draenor quest greens it was rough.

Most people in this thread were going into artifact quests at 100 in pre-patch invasion gear. Even then, they probably died once or twice (I know I did), because some of those bosses are DPS checks and they might have gotten caught off guard.

Robin64

I tried some artifact quests at 98 and they are rough. Like, stay in Draenor til 100 rough.

When Legion was in beta, I made a point of trying the quests in shitty "I've just dinged 100" gear and even then they were way harder than they should be.

Nokterian

From all tank classes i played..that is DH Tank,Bear tank and Warrior. I find Death Knight tank also in solo but dungeons more fun and engaging in terms of buttons pressing, you know more active.

After I dinged 100 in Talador, I flew over to Tanaan and looted two int trinkets, an off-hand and a wand that significantly boosted my damage. Pretty sure without those 650 items I would've just failed again. I did beat the void prince on my first try as a 100 but it was close.

The mage class hall is pretty awesome. I think I like it more than the Paladin Order Hall and that seemed like it was the high point out of the few classes I've tried.

HowZatOZ

Banned

Our guild that me and my best friend created three months ago just collapsed because of that reason. We couldn't even progress through H EN despitr achieving it previously in an old guild from start of legion. People just refused to pay attention with mechanics or just not bother improving. There were about five of us that actually were "good" and we've now splintered off to create a core 10 group with strict wants from raiding that hopefully can allow us to progress.

I tried some artifact quests at 98 and they are rough. Like, stay in Draenor til 100 rough.

When Legion was in beta, I made a point of trying the quests in shitty "I've just dinged 100" gear and even then they were way harder than they should be.

Honestly something I never noticed. Of my five 110s, only one was 100 before starting Legion content (and that's only because I didn't know you could start at 98). Maybe because that's the norm for me I just became used to it.

I'll probably keep leaving Draenor at 98 though. There's enough sources of XP on the Broken Isles and I feel like I'm skipping a lot of content (or dinging 110 and not getting XP for it) as is with the two extra levels to burn through.

I did have heirlooms, not all of them but a few. Also leveled that character just through the bonus quests and a few targeted quests here and there (to open things like garrison abilities to kill rares etc).

Tarazet

The mage class hall is pretty awesome. I think I like it more than the Paladin Order Hall and that seemed like it was the high point out of the few classes I've tried.

The Shaman hall is amazing. The portal is right next to the Dalaran flight point, it's compact and easy to navigate, there's a totem puzzle game, and you have portals to old instances if you want to farm some sweet Cataclysm transmogs.

Nokterian

The Shaman hall is amazing. The portal is right next to the Dalaran flight point, it's compact and easy to navigate, there's a totem puzzle game, and you have portals to old instances if you want to farm some sweet Cataclysm transmogs.

I still like Ebon Hold love having my own spell to go there and also a portal to dalaran when i need to go there but i also can fly instantly from ebon hold to anywhere. Warlock class hall is nice but way to big, warrior is just a bland copy of the dungeon mostly but to me very boring.

I did have heirlooms, not all of them but a few. Also leveled that character just through the bonus quests and a few targeted quests here and there (to open things like garrison abilities to kill rares etc).

A few heirlooms leveled to 100 makes a world of difference over straight quest gear. Artifact quest content was probably balanced with ilvl 650 Tanaan catch-up gear being a baseline. Invasion gear was 700, I think, I was tackling the artifact questline with 450-ish ilvl gear at 98. I rushed in being under-geared and was able to make my way through almost all of the questline but simply could not beat the boss. It took being 100 and having some Tanaan treasures to compensate for my crap quest gear to be able to complete it.

If I ever level another toon, I'll definitely upgrade its looms to 100 so this isn't a concern.

I just got a piece of head gear from a Legion quest reward that was a 135 ilvl improvement over what I had equipped.

The Shaman class mount makes me want to have a Shaman. That elemental mount is so sick.

It's by the far the best of the ones I've been in. In terms of aesthetic, I'd rank them:

1. Shaman
2. Rogue (this is where I always logged out in WotLK, so I love being back down there).
3. Mage
4. Druid
5. Getting run over by a car.
6. Death Knight.

DK and Mage are the most convenient as far as travel, though Druid isn't far off. Rogue and Shaman nice and compact.

Keasar

Is my awfulness really this much of a game changer? I'm trying to complete a PVP quest (which of course has a fucking "Win" condition, thanks Blizzard) to get a few honor tokens so I can buy some old armour for transmog reasons. I have to win 4 PVP matches of any kind. Now, I am not a seasoned PVP player, nor can I call myself any good at all at it, I just want the stupid armour.

So far, I am up to 11(edit) rounds, 10 lost. I am starting to give up completely, are my teams this bad or am I dragging everyone down by being a complete tosser? Even in teams of 40 people?

The worst part is this always constant crave from Blizzard to "Win" in this quest, the same in Hearthstone. I just want a Honor token or two to get some old dank armour that isn't even in season, can't I just have a participation trophy for even bothering to begin with?

Top Bottom