• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

...it's used for a few minor things in some professions.

The interdependence of professions and, more specifically, what people charge for the most common crafts and gathered items makes me kind of miss garrisons. Can't believe I'm typing that but people charge and arm and a leg for the most basic items. It's like there's no healthy middle ground.

Lomax

The interdependence of professions and, more specifically, what people charge for the most common crafts and gathered items makes me kind of miss garrisons. Can't believe I'm typing that but people charge and arm and a leg for the most basic items. It's like there's no healthy middle ground.

It's literally pure supply and demand in a completely unregulated market. Materials cost always eats up any crafting profit. The only thing that changes that is time limited materials. But apparently that was the worst thing ever (according to many people in this thread), so here we are again. Of course now we've got this awful star system on top of that which doesn't help any either.

Heck, I bought a 5k Enchant straight from the market last night because it was *cheaper* than the materials cost.

Tarazet

It's literally pure supply and demand in a completely unregulated market. Materials cost always eats up any crafting profit. The only thing that changes that is time limited materials. But apparently that was the worst thing ever (according to many people in this thread), so here we are again. Of course now we've got this awful star system on top of that which doesn't help any either.

Heck, I bought a 5k Enchant straight from the market last night because it was *cheaper* than the materials cost.

Gatherers always come out ahead. The extent to which they do so, depends on how accessible the materials are by alternative means.

As an example, Enchanting can blow up their own drops for materials, making them effectively a gatherer and crafter in one. However, once they introduced party disenchant, other people could as well, and that increased the supply of the materials and depressed the value of the finished product. Now with personal loot it should have corrected again, but the world quest system has made the purple shards super plentiful.

Lomax

Gatherers always come out ahead. The extent to which they do so, depends on how accessible the materials are by alternative means.

As an example, Enchanting can blow up their own drops for materials, making them effectively a gatherer and crafter in one. However, once they introduced party disenchant, other people could as well, and that increased the supply of the materials and depressed the value of the finished product. Now with personal loot it should have corrected again, but the world quest system has made the purple shards super plentiful.

Well yeah, it's always been like that and it always will be. Granted, gatherers got "screwed" by the garrison system that massively increased supply, but honestly garrisons threw so much free gold around that who needed gathering anyway. Now we're back to where all the margin is in the materials and the gathering time cost. But still, even Blizzard doesn't seem to pay that much attention to it, they say things like "oh scribes will make gold on Vantus runes." No, herbalists make more gold because the runes increase herb demand. There's always tons of crafters, there's always limited resources. And it isn't caused by "greedy overpricing" or anything stupid like that. It's supply and demand, nothing more or less.

And I'd love anyone who complained that profession leveling was "too slow" in WoD due to the "gating mechanics" look me straight in the eye now and tell me that getting to 800 in almost anything is in any way better or easier or faster than getting to 700 was.

Edit: totally unrelated bitching - failed *four* bonuses on class hall missions at 190% or more today, including a 198% one. It's like the shipyard all over again. At least you get the base reward but in the AP ones the bonus is so much better.

The mage campaign, out of the few classes I've tried in Legion, has been my favourite so far. Been enjoying it even more than Paladin, which was the highlight for me before. The order hall is beautiful. Just finished gathering all of my artifacts and was really impressed with all three artifact quests, Eboncill's in particular.

Aluneth is my favourite artifact in the game so far, simply because it's always chattering at you like the Demonology artifact. Complimenting, critiquing or even insulting you over your actions. The best line so far has been when it gets upset over me making food. "You have the power of the Titans at your disposal and you use it to create sweets!"

The mage campaign, out of the few classes I've tried in Legion, has been my favourite so far. Been enjoying it even more than Paladin, which was the highlight for me before. The order hall is beautiful. Just finished gathering all of my artifacts and was really impressed with all three artifact quests, Eboncill's in particular.

Aluneth is my favourite artifact in the game so far, simply because it's always chattering at you like the Demonology artifact. Complimenting, critiquing or even insulting you over your actions. The best line so far has been when it gets upset over me making food. "You have the power of the Titans at your disposal and you use it to create sweets!"

Mage campaign I thought was pretty garbage tbh. Death Knight one is the best out of the 4 I've completed between Mage, DH, DK, and Warrior. Maybe not garbage, but certainly underwhelming.

Rokam

Seen various posts about Aran's Relaxing Ruby being nerfed for melee recently, has there been any actual word on that? Haven't really paid attention the past couple weeks to see if it was proccing less or not.

Strimei

I thought the campaign was middle of the road, myself. However I am very interested in where it may lead to in the next part. And agreed about our order hall, its my favorite. I know some people didn't like how human-centric/Kirin Tor it is, but I mean, its the former Order of Tirisfal HQ, of course it'd be like that.

Its like complaining that the druid hall is too forest-y.

Nozomi

Banned
Lore said:
As we mentioned this during the live Q&A last week, we feel the biggest shortcoming of the current Legendary system is that, for some specs, there are some items that are clearly better than others in nearly all situations. As a result, players who have received a different Legendary item feel unlucky, as they didn’t receive the “best” one.

So, we’re making some fairly substantial changes to Legendary items intended to bring them more in line with each other. Items that give a raw throughput increase (without significant situational restrictions or drawbacks) are having their overall power reduced, and we’re taking another pass at several of the more niche items to make sure that, when they’re usable, they feel powerful.

Essentially, we feel that if a Legendary is only usable in certain situations, it should feel extremely valuable in those situations. Conversely, if a Legendary is nearly always going to increase your overall performance, that increase should be relatively smaller. Up until this point, we’ve made the mistake of allowing several items to be both extremely impactful AND always useful, which has made other Legendaries feel “bad” by comparison. It’s also caused some specs to feel as though they need a particular Legendary in order to compete. Those are the issues we’d like to solve.

We’re actively working on these changes right now and expect to have them ready for the next PTR build. We’ll be doing additional class tuning where necessary as a followup, once these changes are in place.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752626046

Sometimes i have the feeling Blizzard has no fucking idea what they are doing during development.
I mean like 90% of the shity class/item design decision were pointed out by players during alpha/beta and they got ignored.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
This is what I said about that over on Reddit.

"I hate this, just buff the shitty ones and don't nerf the good ones.
I got lucky enough to get the DPS Warrior ring, with that ring, it makes the spec much smoother and way better than it is without it. Now they'll nerf the ring and I'll have to adapt to a less interesting and fun spec.
This whole legendary system has been a goddamn dud, they need to cut their losses and just make them a lot easier to get so everyone can experience their spec to it's fullest potential."

I really hope they don't go through with this change.

Also, another thing, they talk about wanting people to be changing legendaries depending on the situation but that's not a thing that's possible with how rare they are.

im at 877 ilvl right now after finishing up the 8 week long illidan thing and killing helya. I want to get to 880 before Nighthold (for no reason, but maybe if I'm 880 they will let me into fucking nightbane groups so I can do the damn thing) but I realized I dunno when Nighthold comes out. The week after the Suramar achievement pops is too close to Christmas, so maybe the week after?

I have BiS for Warlocks (all pretty much the same gear) in almost all my slots, just need the head, one ring and feet. My relics are kinda crap ilvl wise though, but they're the best traits to buff. Need to remember to stop dusting belts I get in case I get a third leg thats better then Kazzak's Final Curse

erawsd

im at 877 ilvl right now after finishing up the 8 week long illidan thing and killing helya. I want to get to 880 before Nighthold (for no reason, but maybe if I'm 880 they will let me into fucking nightbane groups so I can do the damn thing) but I realized I dunno when Nighthold comes out. The week after the Suramar achievement pops is too close to Christmas, so maybe the week after?

I have BiS for Warlocks (all pretty much the same gear) in almost all my slots, just need the head, one ring and feet. My relics are kinda crap ilvl wise though, but they're the best traits to buff. Need to remember to stop dusting belts I get in case I get a third leg thats better then Kazzak's Final Curse

Theyve said it wont be out until January.

Tarazet

I'm in the situation of having one legendary that is a DPS increase only in cleave fights, another that is great in dungeons where you get to move around in Ghost Wolf, but zero use in raids.. and one that actually has proper Enhancement stats, unlike the others, but offers no DPS benefits, although it provides some helpful self-sustain.

And no guild to raid with since they all basically burned out simultaneously, just like they did with the last xpac and every other major Blizzard release..

Moff

Definitely starting to feel the fatigue now. If they go live with those firemage nerfs that will likely be the nail in the coffin.

Still a fantastic expansion.

Ark

Everyone's complaining about legendaries and I'm sat here waiting for Blizzard to absolutely butcher the prot warrior play style in 7.1.5.

There's nothing wrong with as it is :(

cdyhybrid

Everyone's complaining about legendaries and I'm sat here waiting for Blizzard to absolutely butcher the prot warrior play style in 7.1.5.

A patch and a half late, but you can join Blood DKs at the party now!

Ark

A patch and a half late, but you can join Blood DKs at the party now!

To the bottom with us!

Maybe it's time to re-roll Guardian Druid. I really can't believe that Warriors are getting shafted while Guardian is being left entirely alone.

Lain

Something weird happened while I was doing Withered Jim. My Honor Talents activated although I wasn't PvP nor my PvP switch went on. As a BM hunter I find the honor talents to be quite nice to have activated because of the chain kill command they allow but still it's not something that should happen.

Oh, and Jim gave my hunter a sephuz as a second legendary. I wanted the belt or the other ring QQ, now it'll be some more months before I see another legendary item drop lol.

Also they are restarting the servers in EU? I wonder why.

Dugna

How the fuck does Might work? I put it on 3 people 2 times right before the boss fight and after the fight I see my might did no damage and none of the people that I put it on have it. This shit always happens, too, is there something I'm missing?

Someone else probably overwrote it.

This wasn't answered but, if you use recount or something like that it doesn't track might, and might can fall off it you leave the instanced area from the target you buffed. Also mights stack from multiple ret paladins.

Nere

Something weird happened while I was doing Withered Jim. My Honor Talents activated although I wasn't PvP nor my PvP switch went on. As a BM hunter I find the honor talents to be quite nice to have activated because of the chain kill command they allow but still it's not something that should happen.

Oh, and Jim gave my hunter a sephuz as a second legendary. I wanted the belt or the other ring QQ, now it'll be some more months before I see another legendary item drop lol.

Also they are restarting the servers in EU? I wonder why.

Maybe you used barrage or something and hit a poor alliance/horde guy.

Lain

Maybe you used barrage or something and hit a poor alliance/horde guy.

I don't have barrage (I'm BM, A Murder of Crows is my jam) and I'm not on a PvP realm so I couldn't hit PvP people anyways unless I turned PvP on myself. My character didn't turn PvP (no green name and the few PvP Allies hitting the boss still had their names yellow), just my honor talent activated for some weird reason.

TheYanger

It always shows as a pvp area down there for me. Even though people don't actually flag or hurt each other, alliance always all get 'enemy' nameplates, etc.

Mupod

I got lucky enough to get the DPS Warrior ring, with that ring, it makes the spec much smoother and way better than it is without it. Now they'll nerf the ring and I'll have to adapt to a less interesting and fun spec.
This whole legendary system has been a goddamn dud, they need to cut their losses and just make them a lot easier to get so everyone can experience their spec to it's fullest potential."

Also, another thing, they talk about wanting people to be changing legendaries depending on the situation but that's not a thing that's possible with how rare they are.

On the one hand I personally think every legendary should be like (post-buff) Sephuz. It's already pretty good in mythic+ and it will be amazing for me in 7.1.5 for that purpose. I think it's cool that I can swap it in for a huge boost in very specific situations.

Right after 7.1 it seemed like the legendary drop rate would be reasonable enough for something like this to work out. But now it's become apparent that if you have 4, that's all you're going to get until they make some changes. So it makes no sense.

The power level of some of the more ridiculous legendaries has to be adjusted though. People largely don't care about how stupidly OP the Unholy bracers are because Unholy is a dumpster fire, but if they fix Unholy without adjusting the bracers then they just end up in an undesirable power creep loop.

I don't trust that they will be able to accomplish the whole "nerf the item, but buff the spec so nothing changes for those that have the item" thing. It's on them to prove it, and the state of Shadow Priest design, Warlock design etc. doesn't make me optimistic that they can get there. But in theory, nerf the item, buff the spec is what they should do.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So I just realized I'm 24 levels into prestige 5, I only did the AP PVP WQs after I got rank 4, does this mean that I was still getting honor and it rolled over once the new season came out? Cus now I'm annoyed I stopped doing those, I could be rank 6 or 7 by now.

Xeteh

I just kind of lucked in to the Subtlety hidden skin. Saw the keys after turning in a Vault ticket so figured I'd try it, despite opening a decent amount of chests I only got 2 keys during the event. 2nd chest had the skin.

Now if only I played sub.

erawsd

I dont understand how making some legendaries "extremely powerful" in niche situations is a solution? We all know how players think, we are just going to go from a situation where instead of 1 "mandatory" legendary, people are going to start complaining that they dont have the 3 or 4 they need to hotswap. Which likely leads to another balance pass in 7.2 and throwing away even more dev time on this shit system.

I think the best move at this point is to cap the ilvl, remove the effects, phase them out, and just focus on balancing the actual classes so we dont have to deal with this burden for an entire expansion.

The difference between having the BiS Havoc ring or not is like an easy 50k+ dps on average or something. It's dumb knowing I can't compete at the highest level because I don't have a legendary that essentially doubles my resource generation.

Unholy bracers are similar I think.

Don't have the throw glaive cleave bracers either. The two I do have/use are the mass AoE ones, but you would never use both over the ring regardless, even in the biggest cluster of an AoE fight. Doesn't help that there aren't really any mass AoE encounters in EN or ToV, at least to the extent that would make the legendaries feel "good". For the most part they're stat sticks with potentially some minor dps gain perks.

And don't get me started on the chest I got as my 3rd legendary. Would've preferred a Sephuz or Prydaz over that piece of shit. At least those are on the buff block.

I don't get too TOO fussed about it all, but our very competitive dps officer rogue has considered quitting because he doesn't have a dps legendary while our other rogues do. He would absolutely crush meters/logs with one, but now is beaten at least a third or more of the time by the other two, even when he is almost assuredly more skilled to an extent.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I dont understand how making some legendaries "extremely powerful" in niche situations is a solution? We all know how players think, we are just going to go from a situation where instead of 1 "mandatory" legendary, people are going to start complaining that they dont have the 3 or 4 they need to hotswap. Which likely leads to another balance pass in 7.2 and throwing away even more dev time on this shit system.

I think the best move at this point is to cap the ilvl, remove the effects, phase them out, and just focus on balancing the actual classes so we dont have to deal with this burden for an entire expansion.

That or make them all situational like the ring everyone hates or the prot warrior chestplate.

I know Demonology is going to likely require another major overhaul next expansion but they could improve the spec with some simple changes. Increasing the duration of the summons so they're length is more on par with the previous iteration of the spec and it feels like more of an actual pet class would help. Then make Demonic Empowerment a risk/reward mechanic instead of a maintenance buff. Where it empowers your demons, makes them cast faster and hit harder, as it does already, but at the expense of their duration. So it's like Time Warp for your summons but at a cost. Even a talent like Implosion should have a risk/reward element to it, where if you use it when your summons are fresh, the damage is greater than simply pressing it every time your imps are about to expire. Felhounds should have a sacrifice ability as well where they explode and leave an AoE that applies a slow and/or a DoT. That fresher the summon, the more powerful the effect.

The risk would be potentially being out of resources to immediately summon more demons but the reward would be greater damage output.

There's probably been a ton of theory crafting on Lock forums and these ideas probably aren't new or unique but they are changes that could be implemented with the current iteration of Demonology to sort of improve it in the short term.

I know Demonology is going to likely require another major overhaul next expansion but they could improve the spec with some simple changes. Increasing the duration of the summons so they're length is more on par with the previous iteration of the spec and it feels like more of an actual pet class would help. Then make Demonic Empowerment a risk/reward mechanic instead of a maintenance buff. Where it empowers your demons, makes them cast faster and hit harder, as it does already, but at the expense of their duration. So it's like Time Warp for your summons but at a cost. Even a talent like Implosion should have a risk/reward element to it, where if you use it when your summons are fresh, the damage is greater than simply pressing it every time your imps are about to expire. Felhounds should have a sacrifice ability as well where they explode and leave an AoE that applies a slow and/or a DoT. That fresher the summon, the more powerful the effect.

The risk would be potentially being out of resources to immediately summon more demons but the reward would be greater damage output.

There's probably been a ton of theory crafting on Lock forums and these ideas probably aren't new or unique but they are changes that could be implemented with the current iteration of Demonology to sort of improve it in the short term.

Demo is already a clusterfuck to play and you need add-ons to perform at a high level with it, so adding more complications isn't what I'd want

phierce

Anyone here, who's willing to transfer/faction change, looking for a mythic progression guild?

We're 4/7M & 2/3H and looking for a few good dps to help finish up EN and get ready for NH (will consider heals/tank if you're okay as a backup/farm raider). We had a fairly late start. We killed M Nyth back in October and then had all sorts of attendance / recruiting issues. Got shit straight recently and up to 4/7 over the last 1.5 resets (first ilgynoth attempts tonight).

Mon/Tues/Wed 7p-10p pacific.

PM if interested or want more details.

Strimei

I've been working on the Dragonwrath legendary from Cataclysm on my main.

And I just had the flametalon mount drop from Alysrazor. This is a good week.

Strimei

Nice!

I already got Tarecgosas staff with it was current tho >_> suck it.(jking. grats on the mount tho!)

Hah, I don't mind doing it so late. My guild wasn't much for raiding back then (we aren't now, either, honestly). I just enjoy doing it, and I realized the earlier forms of Dragonwrath get added to your transmog appearances so might as well. And I did similar with my paladin and Shadowmourne last expansion.

Thanks!

HowZatOZ

Banned

Wait what are they doing? I'm leveling a prot warrior because my main guardian druid is fun but warrior has been heaps of fun playing.

Nokterian

Demo is already a clusterfuck to play and you need add-ons to perform at a high level with it, so adding more complications isn't what I'd want

All 3 specs need another overhaul...the fantasy doesn't fit anymore on how a warlock plays. I am enjoying my Death Knight more at the moment.

Top Bottom