• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

So it pretty much looks like it's cheaper and more efficient to power level professions to 700 in WoD content. The one star material cost of crafts in Legion, this rng level up system, and the fact that profession abilities/recipes are gated behind questing make actually leveling professions prohibitively slow.

Strimei

Mark your calendars (with pencil), normal and heroic Nighthold is planned to open January 17th, 2017.

Raid Finder and Mythic in the weeks to follow as usual.

What are the Trial nerfs? Do they make the Odyn and Helya fights not extremely fucking long?

I haven't even done that shit on Normal despite being ilvl 878 because of how demoralizing wiping on Helya is 8 minutes in

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm glad that ToV is getting nerfed, it was completely idiotic for them to release it in the state that it was in.

I think ToV difficulty was completely fine, I think they should have just tuned heroic Odyn and Guarm to be a lil bit harder and make them drop 880 loot to feel like more natural continuation from Emerald Nightmare and not nerf Helya and make her drop 885.

Ark

A little bit bummed out that my guild isn't going to reach 7/7m before Nighthold comes out. RIP Cutting Edge achievement.

Though to be fair, we've been building the guild and gearing people up all to hit Nighthold hard, and our main raid team is almost complete.

This may sound dumb but I kind of wish Brewmasters damage mitigation was more like Chen's trait from Heroes of the Storm. He can just stand there and chugs brew while sponging in damage, I love the animation for it.

Doing emissaries on my DK.

First cache: Leg
Second cache: leg again...

JGf5zsN.jpg

wtf yo

Tarazet

Might being gone is a good step for ret, a dps spec should never have to depend on others to do its top dps.

Stormlash was done right I think. Baseline, it adds something like 3%, which is easy to leave behind if you're soloing stuff, but there's a talent you can take that amps it up and makes Stormlash add 10% damage whenever you are grouped with at least 2 other players. Making the power boost optional, it doesn't feel like you're at a disadvantage.

Mupod

I never really understood what was up with blessing of might. I just know our paladins put 2x might on me all the time. So the damage it was doing was being attributed to them?

I know we talk about legendaries a lot but some more:

I'm all on board with the nerf the item, buff the spec thing, though I earlier expressed skepticism about whether they can accomplish the latter. So I support all their efforts in trying this, because it's at least theoretically the right way to approach it.

But taking a step back, it's sort of absurd that they acknowledged how messed up the current legendary system and instead of altering the system they are just hoping that tuning the items will fix it. It can't fix it, it can only make it seem less bad.

The idea that a player might be better off rerolling an alt of the same class because of RNG is sort of crazy. Tuning items lower makes that slightly less of an issue, but for people that care about performing their best it still presents a crazy dilemma.

They say it won't be a big deal over time because everybody will have a bunch of legendaries if they just stick with it, but that requires believing that they understand the system and how players react to it. Given that they didn't understand it in the first place, why should we believe them now?

And I say this as somebody with 6 legendaries across my characters, and 5 of them were immediately useful / good for me (and will remain good), and the sixth will be good in 7.1.5.

Sorry for the rant.

I'm ok with the legendary nerf because they forgot my class exists and didn't nerf any of mine.

I fully support the nerf (including them nerfing my bracers from 400 percent to 300 percent), but the disconnect between acknowledging the system is bad and then just going along with the system is still sort of weird.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I got the boots on my Monk that makes FoF cost only 1 Chi. Was pretty happy with that. :)

I was ironically just complaining in my guild chat moments prior that I only had 5 legendary across my 4 110 toons (4 on my Shaman, 1 on my Pally)

v1perz53

Well that's a little disappointing. Decided to finally give it a shot and contact support to get back my original WoW account that I used through most of Vanilla. Had my 60 mage on that account, but I stopped using it during TBC and swapped to my current account, don't remember why. I do remember the older account was hacked sometime during WotLK though, and I never bothered to get access back to it. So I finally contacted support, and it was actually super easy to get it added to my current bnet account.

But when I checked, my 60 mage was on a different server and had been levelled to 70, with nothing in my bags but Netherweave cloth and nothing in my bank. I guess the hackers used it as a farming character or something? Was just hoping for some memories or cool things I had banked, too bad. And I was gonna level it to 110 for old times sake, but because I didn't do the 60-70 levelling I don't feel super connected to it anymore. Oh well, mildly disappointing.

Jag

Well that's a little disappointing. Decided to finally give it a shot and contact support to get back my original WoW account that I used through most of Vanilla. Had my 60 mage on that account, but I stopped using it during TBC and swapped to my current account, don't remember why. I do remember the older account was hacked sometime during WotLK though, and I never bothered to get access back to it. So I finally contacted support, and it was actually super easy to get it added to my current bnet account.

But when I checked, my 60 mage was on a different server and had been levelled to 70, with nothing in my bags but Netherweave cloth and nothing in my bank. I guess the hackers used it as a farming character or something? Was just hoping for some memories or cool things I had banked, too bad. And I was gonna level it to 110 for old times sake, but because I didn't do the 60-70 levelling I don't feel super connected to it anymore. Oh well, mildly disappointing.

You're really not missing much from leveling. You can always make a DK that starts at 55 and level from there or just buy Legion and use your 100 boost to play the new expansion. You can always go back and level alts.

Panthers

I think ToV difficulty was completely fine, I think they should have just tuned heroic Odyn and Guarm to be a lil bit harder and make them drop 880 loot to feel like more natural continuation from Emerald Nightmare and not nerf Helya and make her drop 885.

Our guild (who I would consider pretty decent heroic raiding guild) is having a hell of a time downing Odyn heroic. I don't know how we would handle a buff lol. We just got to phase 3 and should down him this week, but a lot of face bashing for a heroic boss.

Lain

Winter event is on and I hate it. I hate it because everyone of my characters using the garrison stone force me to /kill the client. I just don't understand why using the garrison stone has me locked into the loading screen. It's absurd that it's still not fixed.

v1perz53

You're really not missing much from leveling. You can always make a DK that starts at 55 and level from there or just buy Legion and use your 100 boost to play the new expansion. You can always go back and level alts.

Oh its not at all about levelling, I have every class at least at lv 100, and 5 of them are 110. Its more about going back to that first character I ever made and levelling it back up and playing it again for old times sake, but because someone else had been playing it and destroying all the old things I had it doesn't feel the same, feels kind of tainted.

Winter event is on and I hate it. I hate it because everyone of my characters using the garrison stone force me to /kill the client. I just don't understand why using the garrison stone has me locked into the loading screen. It's absurd that it's still not fixed.

Good to know its not just me

Xeteh

Just got Cinidaria, the Symbiote on my Rogue. Kind of bummed its one of the generic legendaries but at least the stats are right.

Lain

I've been wondering if there is a way to fix a hue problem I've noticed on my Alliance druid. She's Balance with the Blessing of Elune active and after shapeshifting she becomes greenish instead of keeping the Blessing of Elune look. Same thing for the Blessing of An'she buff, only she becomes orange after shapeshifting.

Finally managed to do Nightbane when my guild invited me. Amazing what a good group can do - we got some weird glitch on Moroes where one of the mobs before curator came into the room during the fight, Moroes healed back to full hp but didnt reset (garrotes still active) and I ended up dying when he was at 60% and we still made it to Nightbane with minutes to spare.

Tarazet

34 points into Doomhammer today, hot damn. That translucent yellow offhand is dope.

Looking forward to getting another 5% DPS every couple days until they nerf me.

Rokam

Hit 110 with my brewmaster a couple of days ago but haven't got much of a chance to play him. Second emissary I do and I get a legendary, why can't I have this kind of luck on my Shaman :(.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
One of the officers that speaks me a lot about what's going on in officer chats, seems to be kind of annoyed with our other officers, the others don't seem to want to push people too hard because they might leave because they're asking too much of them.

We have some players that pretty much never get above 40 percentile for their ilvl on wowprogress and that's pretty fucking shit. Then we are always putting in some players that in our bench to get them gear and kills when they really have no business being in there. One of them is pretty awful and tends to get grey percentiles, I like the person and enjoy them, but it's pretty terrible when we're a 7/7mythic guild. Thankfully they're not in for progression unless we have someone missing.

I dunno, it seems we're in a weird spot where we want to be a bit more hardcore but also don't want to alienate anyone not wanting to be hardcore.

Like I posted earlier in the thread, we have multiple people who aren't even 35 on their weapons, and that's pretty fucking sad.

Is the honorable medallion talent the only way to deal with CCs and stuns? So I can break free once every 3 minutes, and following that I'm boned?

It seems like I'm being CC'd again immediately after I use the stupid thing.

Top Bottom