• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Demon Locks should have-
2 pets active
Summon a plethora of pets
Empower their pets at cost of..health?

I dunno

Yeah, definitely a bigger variety of demons. The weakest demon, an imp, should not have such a focus on it. I'd rather have a single demon that looks menacing than a bunch of imps. Like, a pitlord or something.

spootime

Nagura was saying her guild thinks that each legendary has a different BLP and it gets harder as it goes on since no one in her guild have more than 4, it would lead you to believe that the 5th is significantly harder to get than the 4.

Which is pretty fucked up since it means you only really have 4 chances to get what you want and then you're fucked. I have 3 now and getting a 4th will probably take a really long time and there's a huge chance it won't be the helmet.

Someone on MMOChamp has been doing some statistics work and it looks like the bad luck requirement basically doubles for every legendary you get. So for example if you only raid and you kill 20 heroic bosses for your first legendary, you'll need roughly 40 for your second, 80 for your third, etc. So yeah, if your legs are bad after the 3rd or 4th one its probably most efficient time-wise to just create a new character and try again.

Yeah, definitely a bigger variety of demons. The weakest demon, an imp, should not have such a focus on it. I'd rather have a single demon that looks menacing than a bunch of imps. Like, a pitlord or something.

Nah, not a pitlord.

They should suck up and create a slightly bigger, slightly more menacing imp. I kinda hate the giant pets tbh.

Demon Locks should have-
2 pets active

I dunno

Here are the problems with demo locks

1. Demonic Empowerment has to be cast after every demon or else you lose dps
2. You move at all, you lose dps
3. You need to keep track of doom timers, empowerment timers, imp timers, dreadstalker timers, timers on doomguard/infernal, timers on Darkglare/Grimoire if you specced into that, bladestorm timer, dark soul timer if you specced into that and also the timer on Thal'kiel's consumption and when the optimal time to use it is or you lose dps
4. Demons are just pretty DoTs with bad pet A.I. built in, don't use dreadstalker on something almost dead unless you want to watch them jerk off on the corpse. And then you lose dps.
5. Oh you want to do decent AoE/cleave damage? Boy, you had best believe thats a dps loss.
6. Also you have no interrupts and one movement ability (that hurts you) that you have to spec into because fuck you

Nah, not a pitlord.

They should suck up and create a slightly bigger, slightly more menacing imp. I kinda hate the giant pets tbh.

I can't think of its name, but I'd like to see that demon type that is like the one that helps you out during the artifact quests incorporated as a skill somehow. Maybe not an attack pet but a vendor that sells special food or something. I don't know, I fell in love with it and wished I could have one as a companion.

I can't think of its name, but I'd like to see that demon type that is like the one that helps you out during the artifact quests incorporated as a skill somehow. Maybe not an attack pet but a vendor that sells special food or something. I don't know, I fell in love with it and wished I could have one as a companion.

You mean Calydus? He's already a bodyguard though.

Since Destro Warlocks get Rain of Chaos, Demo locks should get the other OP Archimonde spell from WC3 Dark Portal and just summon a fuckton of demons

Aff locks can have Finger of Death. Long cooldown single target nuke.

You mean Calydus? He's already a bodyguard though.

Since Destro Warlocks get Rain of Chaos, Demo locks should get Dark Portal and just summon a fuckton of demons

Aff locks can have Finger of Death. Long cooldown single target nuke.

Oh, I had no idea he's a bodyguard. I haven't spent any time on my warlock beyond getting the first artifact.

Strimei

Bleh they kinda nerfed the Rhonin wrists for arcane mage, 18% proc chance instead of 25%. Its not like it procced that much to begin with.

Curious how this will work out in practice:

Cenedril, Reflector of Hatred - Touch of Karma deals 150% increased damage instead of damage based on max health

I mean I'll grant, 200% of max health is absurd, but I liked it. Ah well, I knew it wouldn't last forever like that.

Strimei

So it looks like Shadow Priests are losing Mind Spike (no one really used it) and Shadow Crash taking its place. Not sure that's much better?

Shadow Crash being replaced by Misery, Vampiric Touch also applies Shadow Word: Pain. Ok that I like.

Legacy of the Void also seems to increase shadow damage dealt, which seems kinda nice. I never liked using Surrender to Madness.

Should be interesting to see how the ret paladin changes go. They nerfed both of the DPS legendaries, which will bring our burst down a bit, and gave us a flat 12% buff, but after removing Might I think we'll be down a bit.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The secondary stat and legendary nerf + them not doing a single thing for Fury is making me not look forward to the patch.

Mothman91

Damn wtf, I play Holy and was happy with the legendary neck but seeing it lose mastery for haste makes me sad. Haste it shit for Holy Priest.

Nokterian

Demon Locks should have-
2 pets active

I dunno

Yeah it really needs a pack of punch because right now it takes to long also summoning those other pets as a spell is such a shore..Hand of Gul'Dan sucks because when the imps spawn the mob is dead. It is all channeling spells to me that is freaking boring.

Ark

Fucking hell at those legendary nerfs. Basically makes all legendaries feel useless and not at all rewarding.

Get it together Blizzard.

I have no idea how people did AQ10/40 with whatever tiny sized bags they had back in Vanilla. I've got a Hexweave Bag almost completely full of scarabs, idols, the toenails of dead old gods and a bunch of other geegaws and doodads for those ridiculous item/rep grind quests.

Also that Legion mobile app is awesome, I've hit those time gate order hall quests and they're so easy to deal with using the app. On a break at work, log-in, complete missions, train new units, start up new missions, come home, log-in and have a bunch of AP items ready to use, it's great.

Lain

They nerfing the hunter bracers too? The only good thing about those were to get those shitty aspects down to 1 minute CD.
Prydaz gets a mastery nerf to gain haste? So now it becomes worse for my Holy Paladin, useless equip effect aside (which gets nerfed too, but maybe it's nerfed compared to the ptr changes?)?

Einchy

None of these carry groups want my poor 9 DHT key.

[edit]

Also, fuck these carry groups that lie about their ilvl.

Moff

I had a HOV key last id and couldn't find a group all week. Yesterday they rolled out the red carpet for my MOS key.

Einchy

I had a HOV key last id and couldn't find a group all week. Yesterday they rolled out the red carpet for my MOS key.

Sucks cus I have a Maw key on my main but I'm saving that for my main so I we can easily get a 12.

Son1x

I didn't even notice resto druid got nerfed again a few days again. It seems like every PTR or live hotfix makes a spell or two worse. At this pace, it'll be the worst healer in pvp. Its already so bullshity that I have quite a bit more hp outside than in arena/bgs, then I see some dps classes with 1,8m outside and 2,7m inside

Lomax

I have no idea how people did AQ10/40 with whatever tiny sized bags they had back in Vanilla. I've got a Hexweave Bag almost completely full of scarabs, idols, the toenails of dead old gods and a bunch of other geegaws and doodads for those ridiculous item/rep grind quests.

Also that Legion mobile app is awesome, I've hit those time gate order hall quests and they're so easy to deal with using the app. On a break at work, log-in, complete missions, train new units, start up new missions, come home, log-in and have a bunch of AP items ready to use, it's great.

You're getting 20/40 people's worth of drops. Plus repair bots existed, even then.

And totally agree about the app, honestly my complaint is the class halls are just so simplistic there's not enough to do in the app.

I didn't even notice resto druid got nerfed again a few days again. It seems like every PTR or live hotfix makes a spell or two worse. At this pace, it'll be the worst healer in pvp. Its already so bullshity that I have quite a bit more hp outside than in arena/bgs, then I see some dps classes with 1,8m outside and 2,7m inside

Ironbark was ridiculous before the nerf and is still very good. The fact I was able to bring it up to 56% damage reduction with increased healing from HoTs on a 45 second CD was dumb.

You wont have to worry about being the worst healer in PvP anytime soon.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Fucking hell at those legendary nerfs. Basically makes all legendaries feel useless and not at all rewarding.

Getting a bad legendary instead of a good one feels bad, but if every legendary is bad then you won't care anymore!

Pickman

So my guild is flirting with a new guild, and it sucks.

We're both 7/7 H and 3/3N, working on Odyn H.

Our raid team has 12 consistent players, many of whom are very good, and 3 or 4 good players who are flaky because of family/just not caring. Their guild has 15 players who are (we're told) always there, but some of them are suffering from a bad case of standinshite-is.

They use weird, over-complicated strategies on a lot of fights, and they tank Ursoc H counter-clockwise (heathens). When we suggest better ways of doing things they get snippy with us, and when we enjoy our usual level of casual banter (our guild has one guy who won't shut up but he occasionally says something clever and redeems this fact) they bark at us to be quiet during trash pulls.

Their raid leader has a voice that instantly turns into white noise for me, and he'll consistently forget mechanics and then shout them over teamspeak when he realizes it. Our raid leader/GM said he doesn't feel like raid leading anymore so I think he's shirking it onto this guy, which I think is going to really hurt the whole process.

I guess our GM wants to move into mythic content and didn't want to pug for it/recruit, so this was his solution. We'll either pair up weekly with this guild, or absorb them entirely (or they absorb us) and we go from there.

One thing that's really getting on my nerves as well, is that their guild is talking about how our Death Knights aren't doing as well as theirs and suggesting we let their DK coach us. I take this personally since I'm one of our DKs. Sure, I'm 0.5% behind him on the total damage meter for fights, but he's also got 17 ilvls on me with better itemization rocking two legendaries. Your DK is punching way under his weight class, don't tell him to teach me a goddamned thing.

Ugh.

Sorry for venting like this, I just wanted to have this rant in a place where people wouldn't think I was a crazy person talking to the bees in my teeth at a bar or something.

erawsd

I'd disagree. All things considered, most of them are still reasonably powerful. ~ what you'd expect from a very good 2p set bonus.

They nerfing the hunter bracers too? The only good thing about those were to get those shitty aspects down to 1 minute CD.
Prydaz gets a mastery nerf to gain haste? So now it becomes worse for my Holy Paladin, useless equip effect aside (which gets nerfed too, but maybe it's nerfed compared to the ptr changes?)?

Prydaz stats:
-Live: 1,477 Mastery, 821 Crit (2,298 total)
-Previous PTR: 2004 Mastery, 1114 Crit (3,118 total)
-Current PTR: 1247 Mastery, 1247 Crit, 1247 Haste (3,741 total)

It's an overall buff, and while your specific spec may have preferred the previous PTR iteration, the bigger overall stat budget and addition of haste makes it more palatable to more specs.

And as a healer, the PTR effect is absolutely not useless to you. That's a reliable massive shield to replace healing yourself. It's actually output for you, assuming you take any damage at all (and you do).

Also, yes, the live version is 15 percent and only after not taking damage for 5 seconds. The PTR adjustment is from the previous PTR, and doesn't have the "not taking damage" stipulation. It's just a large, reliable absorb now.

Ark

Ugh.

Sorry for venting like this, I just wanted to have this rant in a place where people wouldn't think I was a crazy person talking to the bees in my teeth at a bar or something.

It sounds like to me, and I've seen this happen so many times, that the other guild you're going to merge into thinks that they are a mythic guild and are try-harding like fuck without actually having any talent themselves or actually attempting to better their own play.

I mean come on, telling people to shut up during trash? We shit talk during the entire raid, but everybody knows to shut up when the raid leader speaks and to let everyone speak during any boss discussions.

I highly doubt that new guild will work out well at all, and if they decided to use loot council I'd hightail it out of there.

Mupod

In all my time in WoW I've basically only ever been in two (raiding) guilds, and my current one has a lot of people from the first. And a few I've known since vanilla.

During Foundry in WoD my guild was no longer self-sufficient in Mythic because some of our main raiders had quit or had kids or whatever. So we tried merging with another one and it was a disaster. I did maybe two raids with them and couldn't stand it, I just quit until Legion. The other guild just had a very stifling atmosphere, nobody talked and all you could hear was the sound of their mechanical keyboards clacking because those fuckers didn't know what push to talk did.

I don't understand how folks guild hop constantly. I'd rather be in some casual no progression guild (or not play WoW at all) than raid with people I don't like.

Pickman

So we tried merging with another one and it was a disaster. I did maybe two raids with them and couldn't stand it, I just quit until Legion. The other guild just had a very stifling atmosphere, nobody talked and all you could hear was the sound of their mechanical keyboards clacking because those fuckers didn't know what push to talk did.

This is my real concern, and a really accurate assessment of the current situation. It's like we've become a no fun allowed zone overnight. Some guildies are telling us "Come on, give them a chance, it's new for them too," but it felt like they were allowed to have their little moments of levity and inside jokes, and if we had any of ours, people got weird over it.

Einchy

My guild is the only guild that I known of that was a merger and shit didn't go badly.

It's a pretty tough thing to work out for a lot of guilds, they tend not to vibe well with each other.

Ark

My guild is the only guild that I known of that was a merger and shit didn't go badly.

It's a pretty tough thing to work out for a lot of guilds, they tend not to vibe well with each other.

I was in a guild for two years during wrath and we merged twice, both times went really well. It really just depends on your leadership, and whether all the personalities mesh well.

Val'sharah is a beautiful zone but I'm just not into Druid or Night Elf lore. "Be a spirit and plant some trees!" No.

And totally agree about the app, honestly my complaint is the class halls are just so simplistic there's not enough to do in the app.

I think if Warlords of Draenor had a similar app for garrisons, I would have had less of a problem with them. Probably would have used the shipyard more too.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Val'sharah is a beautiful zone but I'm just not into Druid or Night Elf lore. "Be a spirit and plant some trees!" No.

I think if Warlords of Draenor had a similar app for garrisons, I would have had less of a problem with them. Probably would have used the shipyard more too.

The app is absolutely fantastic. It makes it really easy to make sure you're always making use of your garrison to bring in gold or artifact power.

spootime

This is my real concern, and a really accurate assessment of the current situation. It's like we've become a no fun allowed zone overnight. Some guildies are telling us "Come on, give them a chance, it's new for them too," but it felt like they were allowed to have their little moments of levity and inside jokes, and if we had any of ours, people got weird over it.

I left my first guild because of this, shit is so lame. I get wanting comms clear during the pull but if you arent fucking around having fun on the trash then your guild sucks.

v1perz53

Wow, finally got lucky for once. My 885 from my order hall chest was a relic with my best trait (10% Thrash damage) that replaced my lowest ilvl relic with my worst trait (860, 1% stamina). I'll be glad to have this relic come next Skittish week, since my DPS finally all got their 5% damage 35th traits, gonna make my life even worse now with skittish.

Top Bottom