• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Aha. So I can push for 35 and then work on alts until I have AK25.

Once they release the new traits, you'll get them from the points above 35, so you don't wanna stop at just 35 unless you wanna wait a while to get all the new traits they release.

Tarazet

Once they release the new traits, you'll get them from the points above 35, so you don't wanna stop at just 35 unless you wanna wait a while to get all the new traits they release.

It'll be easier to get the traits once I have AK25. I still have alts I want to have at 110 that aren't.

Asmodai48

Aha. So I can push for 35 and then work on alts until I have AK25.

Yea i just got 35th trait the other day for holy priest and now working on disc rather than small % increase.

Ahhh that's not bad then.

I had a dream where I got a legendary on my 104 DK

The Legendary had a text of 'Kills with your ghoul have a chance to bring back the dead'

It sounded badass but I didn't get to test it out.

Then I spent the rest of my dream asking 'Does the Legendary pity timer reset on all characters if I get it on my DK?'

v1perz53

Wonder if the gods will see fit to grant me Minion of Grumpus this year.

I just bit the bullet and bought it last year. Despite my own experiences seeming to say otherwise, I guess it was reasonably common because there were a ton of them on the AH, went for ~1k gold when I bought mine. Wonder how inflation and differing drop rates have affected that.

Lomax

I just bit the bullet and bought it last year. Despite my own experiences seeming to say otherwise, I guess it was reasonably common because there were a ton of them on the AH, went for ~1k gold when I bought mine. Wonder how inflation and differing drop rates have affected that.

You got a bargain at that price, I never saw them below 20k on my servers last year (and it was at the time I was most broke, as I had only gotten WoD over Thanksgiving). They sold comfortably during the year for 75k+ though, so I may invest in some this year if the price comes back down.

Definitely have WoW on my SSD right now. Would put other games on it, but the capacity isn't big enough to manage having much more than one big game like WoW. It's the most played/most important to have low load times anyway.

Put other games on my 1TB data drive.

First legendary for my Mage!

Norgannon's Foresight.

Not the best necessarily, but I'll take it. Will be better if I have to switch to Frost or Arcane at some point anyway.

Getting an SSD is definitely a priority for when I build my next tower. It's super noticeable when I load into an active city hub like Broken Isles Dalaran or Stormwind. Takes my rig a minute to actually load in and populate the world with all of the other character models and various environment details (although that's mostly in newer content).

Definitely noticed a slow down when they implemented the new transmog system, it's basically loading in every piece of equipment in the game in the model viewer.

Lain

Took 28 boxes but I got the Red Wooden Sled (I wasn't subbed or playing last year for Winter veil). Now I just need the Flames of Ragnaros.

Lain

o_O I thought Flame of Ragnaros only dropped from the smoky woods box from santa?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=116762/stolen-present#contains

Yeah, this isn't showing Flame of Ragnaros or the ice one

I got the ice ones (3 or 4, though they were useless after the first) from the stolen present box I think. I was reading wowhead comments with someone excited about having gotten the Flames from a stolen box, but maybe he got confused (as well as I did about what gave me the winter's grasp, as wowhead states it comes from the pasture box). I'll still keep trying.

Tarazet

I've been leveling up a female Troll Arms Warrior, 103 now. I've been rolling around with the Focused Rage build, just farting around to experience it in different situations and practice. Some of these numbers I'm seeing on crits are monstrous! And I understand it'll be even more monstrous after I get the first golden dragon trait.

It's kind of a weird playstyle. Sit on your thumbs and pool your resources for Tactician procs, but dump it all before Battle Cry is going to be up so that you don't overcap during the Battle Cry window (since there is no way to spend Rage). And as you do that, Battle Cry will inch closer because crits on abilities reduce the CD. Then you go crazy with APM for about 4 globals before starting the dance again. Pretty interesting and different.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I've been leveling up a female Troll Arms Warrior, 103 now. I've been rolling around with the Focused Rage build, just farting around to experience it in different situations and practice. Some of these numbers I'm seeing on crits are monstrous! And I understand it'll be even more monstrous after I get the first golden dragon trait.

It's kind of a weird playstyle. Sit on your thumbs and pool your resources for Tactician procs, but dump it all before Battle Cry is going to be up so that you don't overcap during the Battle Cry window (since there is no way to spend Rage). And as you do that, Battle Cry will inch closer because crits on abilities reduce the CD. Pretty interesting and different.
The only thing you do with FR is dump excess rage or one buff your Shattered Defenses. Slam is still a better value for damage to rage so you are using that to reset CS. You will not really see the emergent playstyle for Arms until you have the first two gold traits. I don't really understand what you are talking about...there is no real resource pooling. You spend like crazy for as many resets as possible. For open world content/leveling I would honestly just run Mortal Combo instead of FR.

Tarazet

The only thing you do with FR is dump excess rage or one buff your Shattered Defenses. Slam is still a better value for damage to rage so you are using that to reset CS. You will not really see the emergent playstyle for Arms until you have the first two gold traits. I don't really understand what you are talking about...there is no real resource pooling. You spend like crazy for as many resets as possible. For open world content/leveling I would honestly just run Mortal Combo instead of FR.

It's probably because I'm still leveling up in crap gear and only have a couple points in the weapon. If I just use Mortal Strike and Slam on every global, then I sometimes end up so rage starved that I delay MS for a second until the next autoattack. So I don't mean pooling in the sense that you're sitting at high levels of rage, but moreso just staying out of the basement.

LOL, so my warrior got the Legendary Arms pants today, Weight of the Earth.

2 Legendaries, one day. Not bad.

Also got Foxflower Rank 3 on my Mage.

Now do I test my luck on Mimiron's Head?

v1perz53

LOL, so my warrior got the Legendary Arms pants today, Weight of the Earth.

2 Legendaries, one day. Not bad.

Also got Foxflower Rank 3 on my Mage.

Now do I test my luck on Mimiron's Head?

I have 2 Invincibles on random toons that were clearing ICC for Shadowmourne to sell the items (got it back when it was 100% x1). I have Mim's head, and an extra on a random alt. I have Rivendare's deathcharger, I have Rag's 1% mount, I have Elegon's and Alysrazor's mount. But the Blazing Drake, listed as a 4% drop from Normal or higher Madness of Deathwing? I have 727 attempts on that boss across 14 toons according to the Rarity addon, and no luck. All I need for the stupid Emerald Drake acheiv and it won't happen. Seen the 1% heroic only drake drop over 5 times, still no Blazing Drake. This thing haunts my nightmares at this point.

I have 2 Invincibles on random toons that were clearing ICC for Shadowmourne to sell the items (got it back when it was 100% x1). I have Mim's head, and an extra on a random alt. I have Rivendare's deathcharger, I have Rag's 1% mount, I have Elegon's and Alysrazor's mount. But the Blazing Drake, listed as a 4% drop from Normal or higher Madness of Deathwing? I have 727 attempts on that boss across 14 toons according to the Rarity addon, and no luck. All I need for the stupid Emerald Drake acheiv and it won't happen. Seen the 1% heroic only drake drop over 5 times, still no Blazing Drake. This thing haunts my nightmares at this point.
I've gotten Thori'dal and a warglaive in the same night, but haven't seen too many mounts or gotten all the battle pets yet.

Can't complain to much though... got Mim's head the first time I did hard mode Yogg after I returned from quitting. >.>

Strimei

I'm trying the whole "mounting made easy" quest again to get the leatherworking mount recipe and while I'm very happy that it seems to have a checkpoint at the waterfalls, I HATE these god damned waterfalls!

Bregor

I'm trying the whole "mounting made easy" quest again to get the leatherworking mount recipe and while I'm very happy that it seems to have a checkpoint at the waterfalls, I HATE these god damned waterfalls!

That's not the only checkpoint. It's a long chase.

Strimei

That's not the only checkpoint. It's a long chase.

So I noticed. Took me an hour and a half but I finally got the damn thing. Waterfalls were teh worst part but yeah that sucker took me on a serious tour of Stormheim.

Anyone who tries it, a word of advice: get Fighter Chow. The 1000% out of combat health regen buff it gives is REALLY useful, particularly on the waterfall portion since you take some serious damage and can easily die (like I did, many times).

edit: Gotta level leatherworking to 800 now and that's a pain, too.

Looking for one last dungeon run on my bear for the weekly. See a +2 Maw in need of a tank. Quick run, some AP. Sounds good.

25 minutes and two wipes later, we finish, not making timer. I sit top of damage done and DPS. I've interrupted 17 times, rest of the group 3. I've had a dozen or so Spanish insults thrown at me after suggesting things like "interrupt skull" and "kill add." I leave group and keep getting whispers.

The Latin American servers get a bad rap, but it's really just Ragnaros in my experience. I've had plenty of pleasant experiences with people from Quel'Thelas and Drakkari, but I should just know better at this point when it's a guild group from Ragnaros.

Lain

I remember reading a post from someone here who kept getting instance not found (despite not being queued for anything) while flying and getting dropped to his/her death. Last few days I've had it happen to me while flying over the WoD zones. Let's just say it isn't fun at all.

Mupod

well, guild cleared to mythic Dragons fast this week despite having what looked like 6-7 new people for spiderbird based on achievement pops at the end. Made SOME progress but I think our strategy needs work. We have our strongest DPS, self included, and our best healer doing portals. This might be our problem, as that is a very straightforward job and we're killing it long before the time limit. The problem is the people we send into those portals are the ones who are generally good at mechanics, and the portal job is very straightforward as the mob in there doesn't do anything but spam casts. Every time I come out of the portal I see stuff like adds running around or flowers that nobody's standing on. I think our best was around 20-25% or so.

Raids are winding down for the holidays but it's looking like I'm gonna have to fill in for a tank next month - I usually DPS as Frost but I do all mythic+ and karazhan as Blood, so it's actually what I'm better at. It's just that I've never tanked anything in mythic EN and it's a bit annoying having to learn a fight fresh when everyone else is expecting a one shot farm status thing.

Magnus

Isn't it a walk in the park with re-clicking the orb to lose aggro? Or did something get changed? I haven't done it in a while.

He was changed in 7.0 to take tons of extra damage from adds. Even using the video methods I see online now doesn't seem to work. He always seems to pick up aggro, and all techniques advised to drop aggro don't work for me. Sigh. Group Finder works though, thankfully. Always people who want to go and make it even faster.

cdyhybrid

He was changed in 7.0 to take tons of extra damage from adds. Even using the video methods I see online now doesn't seem to work. He always seems to pick up aggro, and all techniques advised to drop aggro don't work for me. Sigh. Group Finder works though, thankfully. Always people who want to go and make it even faster.
Do you right click his character pane and dismiss him? That's always worked for me when I do it ~10 seconds before the MC breaks.

Can I comfortably tank mythic 5mans at 830? (Paladin/Druid)

Depends on what you mean by comfortably, but yes, normal mythics are fine at that level. Likely won't be able to chain pull like people normally do at this point but just go at your pace and don't be afraid to ask for CC if you can't take the damage like 860+ tanks.

Just had a friend take his 825-30ish prot warrior through some normal mythics for gear and the weekly, was fine.

Ashodin

What happens after you get to AK 25? Does it stop? can you continue? etc.

why not? make your gainz even easier

I need that AK 25 so I can get the darker scheme Ashbringer for transmog. I finally got the 35th trait so I'm rockin the second one now:

MavK0xB.jpg

Top Bottom