• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

the kirin tor WQ are super weird, especially the flying ones. they feel like the intern did them, I still think they're fun because they are so different from what you usually do in the game.

I dont like any of them.

Enigma is the most tolerable and you can just screenshot.
Magic of Flight is fine, but I swear it only works half the time. Also the one in Suramar you can just skip the bubbles.
Ley Race is a slog, but at least they got rid of the 5 minute timer. The space you are given is too confined and the mana pools appear seemingly at random and there aren't enough of them.
The barrel one just goes on too long. The first time I did it I was expecting it to end after 3 like Enigma but it goes on for twice that long. Fuck that!
Like the Wind is super terrible in every way.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ley Race has the exact same points every time. Sometimes it bugs out and they do not appear but it's really easy and I dunno how someone hits a five minute timer on it. Honestly I find it very boring because you just follow the same route every time.

Ley Race has the exact same points every time. Sometimes it bugs out and they do not appear but it's really easy and I dunno how someone hits a five minute timer on it. Honestly I find it very boring because you just follow the same route every time.

Huh. It doesn't feel like that to me, like there's no start or checkpoints in a logical fashion like a usual game race

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Huh. It doesn't feel like that to me, like there's no start or checkpoints in a logical fashion like a usual game race
I start and end at the same place every time. The checkpoints are all fixed. There was a period of time where they literally did not render but now they do again.

Strimei

Anyone know of an effective way to farm Bloods of Sargeras?

I have the bloodhunter shoulder enchant. I desperately need them because I'm trying to get the last few points in Leatherworking and all my recipes that can level me up are green at this point (unless I'm missing one), so its just pure chance for me to get it at this point. Anyway a guildy suggested one of the falcosaur areas since they have a short respawn timer, and I can also skin them for more chances. But is there anything else?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I hate any WQs that requires me to pay attention, I do enough of them, lemme just auto pilot while I watch stuff on my second monitor.

I hate any WQs that requires me to pay attention, I do enough of them, lemme just auto pilot while I watch stuff on my second monitor.

World Quest Group Finder is the savior we all need in our lives.

And the Kirin Tor quests are cool because they're so different, but they can be kinda annoying. So I'm mixed on them.

cdyhybrid

Anyone know of an effective way to farm Bloods of Sargeras?

I have the bloodhunter shoulder enchant. I desperately need them because I'm trying to get the last few points in Leatherworking and all my recipes that can level me up are green at this point (unless I'm missing one), so its just pure chance for me to get it at this point. Anyway a guildy suggested one of the falcosaur areas since they have a short respawn timer, and I can also skin them for more chances. But is there anything else?
Spam dungeons?

Lain

The reason I dislike Like the Wind WQs is because there are arbitrary invisible walls which either stop your momentum or reset you, plus random bugs and loading times. The one in Highmountain is one of the worst for me, where flying from one of the pad has your momentum keep going, while flying at the last stretch has your momentum fall short of hitting the sphere if you aren't following a set route, from a certain angle, you can't even see.
They made changes to the quests, so you slow fall for a little while after flying and that lowered the level of frustration but I maintain that these quests are mechanically bugged and design wise obtuse.

I suppose so.

I just need three more points, damn it. Well a bit more than what I need for that since the moose mount requires some bloods too but still!

You can also wait till January when Darkmoon Fair pops back up. Just have to worry about getting everything to 795. That's what I did for all of my professions.

Also, I'd make double sure you want the moose mount from Leathworking, it's not that great. I only made it out of spite.

Strimei

You can also wait till January when Darkmoon Fair pops back up. Just have to worry about getting everything to 795. That's what I did for all of my professions.

Also, I'd make double sure you want the moose mount from Leathworking, it's not that great. I only made it out of spite.

True. And I only want it to pad out my mount numbers, I really don't care for it otherwise. The only moose I kinda like is the one from Hellfire Citadel in WoD. But I am just a few mounts shy of 250 and the ones that remain are all rare drops or rare mobs, pretty much.

Somewhat related, kinda lame that finishing the new Suramar campaign doesn't actually get you the manasaber mount just yet. Gotta wait for Nighthold here too. Bleh.

I suppose so.

I just need three more points, damn it. Well a bit more than what I need for that since the moose mount requires some bloods too but still!

Falcosaurs aren't bad. Those WQs don't seem to be quite as populated as they used to be (though I do have a server with questionable population), but you can skin like mad there usually. If you are on a fairly busy server, the Nesingwary area in Highmountain is good, too, but not as good as Falcosaurs if you actually have to kill things.

I was kind of in shock at how poor it is. Everybody floats on top of it, and there's a healthy amount of clipping too. You sit at the same point you do on the Archmimonde moose, but you don't have the full saddle that one does, so it just looks terrible.

Lomax

I was kind of in shock at how poor it is. Everybody floats on top of it, and there's a healthy amount of clipping too. You sit at the same point you do on the Archmimonde moose, but you don't have the full saddle that one does, so it just looks terrible.

That's super disappointing, I love the look of the plain moose. Maybe they'll fix those issues at some point.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Starting a little pet project on Silvermoon EU, my first PvE server. I'll be levelling a Night Elf Druid without heirlooms, boosts, gold etc, as if it were my first character. It has been so long since I levelled properly and more importantly it has been many many years since I levelled a character on Alliance. I started out as an Elf Rogue back on the very first day of the game but rerolled Horde about a year into the game and that's why I've been ever since. It won't be something I rush but I'll get it to 110 eventually.

Tarazet

35 points into Enhancement today, up to 25 Elemental.

I've noticed more and more folks playing Elemental at a pretty decent level. I just can't seem to replicate it. Good damage on trash for sure, but with 875 gear, I really should be capable of more than 300k single target. In my Enhance getup I can sustain 400k all day long. I've tried experimenting with stuff like delaying Stormbringer until Lightning Rod is up, a number of different trinket choices, and using Enhancement legendaries just for the stats. Is it one of those specs that really needs a specific Legendary to shine?

I've noticed more and more folks playing Elemental at a pretty decent level. I just can't seem to replicate it. Good damage on trash for sure, but with 875 gear, I really should be capable of more than 300k single target. In my Enhance getup I can sustain 400k all day long. I've tried experimenting with stuff like delaying Stormbringer until Lightning Rod is up, a number of different trinket choices, and using Enhancement legendaries just for the stats. Is it one of those specs that really needs a specific Legendary to shine?

Probably. Even with the simplification of some of Elemental's problems, the overly busy totem management, it's always been one of those specs that requires more work or things to line up just right (please keep the trash in my earthquake), in order for your performance to be 'adequate'.

Tarazet

Probably. Even with the simplification of some of Elemental's problems, the overly busy totem management, it's always been one of those specs that requires more work or things to line up just right (please keep the trash in my earthquake), in order for your performance to be 'adequate'.

In previous expansions, Elemental had crazy burst out of the gate, and sustained damage was only so-so. It just seems like that is more pronounced now, and Enhancement's opening burst is ludicrous by comparison. There is the fact it requires ~10 seconds of ramp time to really blossom, and Ele doesn't, but it doesn't really matter because:

1) Enhancement self-buffs stay on the player, so target swapping and chain-pulling is easier because there is little or no "re-ramp."
2) Ramp time isn't an obstacle in raids, so that ding against Enhancement never really hurts it.

Strimei

Falcosaurs aren't bad. Those WQs don't seem to be quite as populated as they used to be (though I do have a server with questionable population), but you can skin like mad there usually. If you are on a fairly busy server, the Nesingwary area in Highmountain is good, too, but not as good as Falcosaurs if you actually have to kill things.

Yeah I'm sticking with the Falcosaur area. I'm just annoyed at how bad luck I'm having for these last three points. I've farmed enough leather already to open a high end furniture/clothing store as is.

So is it just me

or is enchancement like, key-hitting heavy? Not saying it's a bad thing, but it's fun. It's like, I go 'Boulderfist, Flametongue, Boulderfist, Surge for aoe, then stormstrike, then lavalash, then boulderfist, now rainfall because my groups low, oh crap surge and lavalash, boulderfist' etc.

It's fun

So is it just me

or is enchancement like, key-hitting heavy? Not saying it's a bad thing, but it's fun. It's like, I go 'Boulderfist, Flametongue, Boulderfist, Surge for aoe, then stormstrike, then lavalash, then boulderfist, now rainfall because my groups low, oh crap surge and lavalash, boulderfist' etc.

It's fun

You're basically GCD-locked most of the time, yeah, and it's at the higher end of the APM charts. And then sometimes you don't get any Stormbringer procs so you're just waiting and waiting.

Rainfall healing is super low, be selfish and take Feral Lunge instead. It's fun!

v1perz53

Yea, I think Kirin Tor are in all cases my favorite WQs to do. Enigma is super easy and quick, I honestly find it hard to believe people have trouble with this or need to take screenshots. I never thought I had a crazy good memory or anything, but I don't think I've even once messed up on Enigma, honestly don't know what happens if you do, does the whole thing reset from the first of the 3 you need to solve? Ley race is the same every time, and I know exactly where the things spawn, so it is another quick free WQ done, also a nice reprieve on a PvP server with the other faction in the majority where I can do a WQ and not get killed 23512 times. Magic of Flight is also very easy, though WoW's poor "we're pretending this 2D circle is 3D" workaround has gotten me killed once or twice, but the Suramar one you can finish in 5 seconds makes up for it, but still these take 30 seconds tops. And Like the Wind, everyone complains about it but I find it, I dunno, fun? Also quick, each one takes ~30 seconds if you know what to do, and after spending maybe 5 minutes learning the rules the first time I did one I've never had it bug out as far as I can tell. Every time I fail it is my fault, and all the courses I've done before I can easily do in 1-2 tries. Maybe it is a lag thing? Or maybe it is like the long loading times in Dala, something other people experience that just doesn't happen to me. Dunno what the Barrel one is, never done a Kirin Tor quest with a Barrel, can't comment on that one.

Guess overall it is just refreshing to me to have a set of WQs where I do something other than moonfire 20 mobs and press 3 until they're all dead, or wait on that one guy to spawn, tap him and hope the 342341 horde don't kill me.

v1perz53

Honest question that I've been wondering for a while now:

Why is it the Horde's favorite activity in the universe to gank in Honor Hold (Hellfire Peninsula alliance starting hub)? My mains were exclusively horde from Vanilla through 2/3 of WoD, and I've never once been ganked in Thrallmar (HFP horde starting hub). But from Vanilla through now, including the ~3 chars I've quested through HFP during Legion, there has never not been at least 1 horde max level toon killing alliance in Honor Hold, and 50% of the time they also kill all the quest givers in that tower nearby. I'm quite sure they don't get anything from this "PvP", and for some reason it seems to be exclusive to horde to gank here. Just wondering if I'm missing something or it is some weird cultural thing to gank newly 60 alliance toons.

Or it is just the earliest place that they can be sure nearly all alliance players will go to so they can ruin the most people's time per minute as possible, just weird that it seems to be a horde exclusive douche exercise.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

Why is it the Horde's favorite activity in the universe to gank in Honor Hold (Hellfire Peninsula alliance starting hub)?

It's not just horde. Alliance (purportedly) does it on my server quite frequently.

Granted, the horde - Alli ratio is so lopsidedly horde that the horde doesn't seem to give a shit, but I was glad I got my monk alt through there simply through dungeons.

As to why it occurs, I would imagine it's because flying+centralized hub locations makes it much easier to ruin people's days, or what have you.

The barrel World quest is new.

Its like the gimmick in the second fight of Nelth's, but goes on too long.

Yeah, I'm honestly not sure how that one works. Usually starts at 3, but seems to finish 'randomly', no matter if you fail one and have to 'backtrack' or not.

v1perz53

It's not just horde. Alliance (purportedly) does it on my server quite frequently.

Granted, the horde - Alli ratio is so lopsidedly horde that the horde doesn't seem to give a shit, but I was glad I got my monk alt through there simply through dungeons.

As to why it occurs, I would imagine it's because flying+centralized hub locations makes it much easier to ruin people's days, or what have you.

Guess I've just had one sided luck, on the 4 or so servers I've played on since Vanilla I've never been ganked in Thrallmar, but I can literally point to the 3 places max level horde idle for optimal Honor Hold ganking. Though honestly I still would rather them kill me over and over than when they kill quest givers and make it impossible to progress.

Also, why if I get ganked incessantly am I the one who has to wait 2 minutes to rez due to timer...

Ark

35 points into Enhancement today, up to 25 Elemental.

Our resto shaman has a very well geared ele off-spec and one of our enhance shamans is going elemental in 7.1.5. It's actually a really strong spec when played well tbh.

v1perz53

I quite like ele overall, and I've almost mained an ele shaman since vanilla (it was my first true alt to max level), but my main issue with ele has always come down to soloability. For some reason, despite the fact that ele shamans typically use a shield, every expansion blizzard has made ele squishy as shit. I feel like a paper bag when questing as ele, if I pull ~3 or more mobs I damn well better kill them quick or have earth ele up, because they are killing me in a few seconds. Compared to something like mage, boomkin or spriest, ele just seems like the ranged class that dies the quickest when solo just trying to do WQs and whatnot (not even comparing to the true hardy ranged classes like warlock or hunter). Enh is squishy too but the instant heals make up for it quite a bit when combined with how melee at least keeps doing auto attack damage while healing, versus ele where if I stop to heal I have to cast AND I am doing virtually no damage while I heal. I'm a big fan of classes that, with raid/mythic+ gear, feel really powerful when used solo, and that's been my biggest issue with Ele for basically forever.

Though I did have fun in WotLK levelling as ele when Lava Burst auto crits would basically one shot every mob when levelling, first and last time I felt like ele was better than enh for solo play.

Bittercup

Hi, I had stopped playing WoW during WotLK and finally returned and I'm enjoying it quite a lot right now.
I was just wondering about Legion: Blizzard had gifted me all the missing addons up to including Warlords of Draenor.
I started with a fresh character but I'm close to level 100 now so getting Legion now would make sense so that I can continue leveling up.
But since you level way too fast on the lower levels and everything was nerfed I was just breezing through the old addons on easy mode, only questing in like 1 zone and a bit of a second until I was already high enough for the next addon, missing pretty much the majority of all the new zones.
Warlords of Draenor is the first where it feels more like actually questing, like I remember from back then. It's still a bit too fast but not as crazy as the older ones. And so far I really like the zones and stories and would like to 'finish' Draenor first before moving on to Legion.
But if I buy Legion later I'll be 100 with still tons of quests to do in Draenor. Essentially wasting all the exp. Not sure if I want to be overleveled when starting Legion afterwards.
What do you think?

But if I buy Legion later I'll be 100 with still tons of quests to do in Draenor. Essentially wasting all the exp. Not sure if I want to be overleveled when starting Legion afterwards.
What do you think?

Levels are sort of a non-issue now. Legion zones auto-scale to level, and I spent half of my pre-Suramar questing at 110. I wouldn't worry about it.

Mupod

Oh shit, got myself Midnight! Just when Nightbane mounts were getting too common to be cool anymore. As a DK I've had to stand around Acherus being jelly of the Four Horsemen and their cool looking updated undead horses, but now I have one of my own. I have an idea for a transmog to match it (and be Blood DK themed) but I need to talk to Odyn to do it...how do you get back to him if you've cleared Odyn and Guarm but not Helya? I don't have the patience to run that place in LFR and my guild is done raiding for the holidays.

Anyways, I finally got the Nightbane chest, but sims say it's actually a big downgrade from the 880 socketed haste/vers chest I got from Odyn a while back. Maybe it'd pull ahead for Frost if I got a better Eye of Command. Can't see myself using it for Blood either, despite having an 875 version of the tank trinket.

Pickman

Oh shit, got myself Midnight! Just when Nightbane mounts were getting too common to be cool anymore. As a DK I've had to stand around Acherus being jelly of the Four Horsemen and their cool looking updated undead horses, but now I have one of my own.

Now we just need to find a way to get Whitemane's badass white charger with the blue fire hooves. Every time I get on that thing from the Reins class hall perk, I don't want to get off.

skeletalwarhorse2_white.jpg

Mupod

Now we just need to find a way to get Whitemane's badass white charger with the blue fire hooves. Every time I get on that thing from the Reins class hall perk, I don't want to get off.

yeah that's hands down the best looking one. I use that blue Crypt Lord themed PVP set transmog which would match it perfectly too.

I keep forgetting to switch to that class hall perk, but maybe I should leave it as the quest reward upgrade for a while longer. The rest of the Nighthold questline seems to have garbage mastery rewards but there might be something useful in the next quest chain.

e90Mark

Was really hoping my 3rd legendary would be one of the new ones in the coming patch, but I just had to get my 3rd from mana devourer last night. QQ

Tarazet

Hi, I had stopped playing WoW during WotLK and finally returned and I'm enjoying it quite a lot right now.
I was just wondering about Legion: Blizzard had gifted me all the missing addons up to including Warlords of Draenor.
I started with a fresh character but I'm close to level 100 now so getting Legion now would make sense so that I can continue leveling up.
But since you level way too fast on the lower levels and everything was nerfed I was just breezing through the old addons on easy mode, only questing in like 1 zone and a bit of a second until I was already high enough for the next addon, missing pretty much the majority of all the new zones.
Warlords of Draenor is the first where it feels more like actually questing, like I remember from back then. It's still a bit too fast but not as crazy as the older ones. And so far I really like the zones and stories and would like to 'finish' Draenor first before moving on to Legion.
What do you think?

If you continue doing Draenor quests after you buy Legion and hit 100, you will only get a tiny fraction of the XP from doing them. It took me a couple of weeks to finish all of the original content, then you've got some of the 6.2 stuff in Tanaan Jungle which was meant for level 100 toons.

traveler

Not Wario
I quite like ele overall, and I've almost mained an ele shaman since vanilla (it was my first true alt to max level), but my main issue with ele has always come down to soloability. For some reason, despite the fact that ele shamans typically use a shield, every expansion blizzard has made ele squishy as shit. I feel like a paper bag when questing as ele, if I pull ~3 or more mobs I damn well better kill them quick or have earth ele up, because they are killing me in a few seconds. Compared to something like mage, boomkin or spriest, ele just seems like the ranged class that dies the quickest when solo just trying to do WQs and whatnot (not even comparing to the true hardy ranged classes like warlock or hunter). Enh is squishy too but the instant heals make up for it quite a bit when combined with how melee at least keeps doing auto attack damage while healing, versus ele where if I stop to heal I have to cast AND I am doing virtually no damage while I heal. I'm a big fan of classes that, with raid/mythic+ gear, feel really powerful when used solo, and that's been my biggest issue with Ele for basically forever.

Though I did have fun in WotLK levelling as ele when Lava Burst auto crits would basically one shot every mob when levelling, first and last time I felt like ele was better than enh for solo play.

This is so weird to hear. I've been super frustrated playing on the mage after leveling as ele. I rarely die, but I have to play so much more slowly, since I don't have the billions of tools + offheals eles have to keep from getting hit at all. With Ele, I had earth elemental, earthgrab totem, frost shock, thunderstorm, gust of wind, mail armor, astral, and, this can't be understated, pretty substantial heals. My arcane mage relies on blinking around with a barrier up as much as possible and using slow, and that's about it. Once the barrier is gone, which doesn't take that long, you fall pretty quick or just bail out with ice block/invis. Not to mention the interrupt is a longer cd. Frost nova is useful as a temp getaway but since it, like hex and polymorph, breaks on hit, its really on good on mobs you don't want to damage rather than those you want to be in combat with.

Granted, this could be general unfamiliarity playing a mage/me being too used to the gear level of my ele shaman and just blowing stuff up immediately, but sustainability in pulls feels so much better on the ele. You can grab like 5 guys whenever your artifact ability is up and detonate them before they can even reach you.

Tacitus_

Soloing with mages becomes exponentially more enjoyable once you have enough gear to kill mobs before they get to you. It is known.

Mupod

Frost DK soloing went from miserable to awesome at some point. I went from having downtime between mobs to just pulling everything in Suramar and dropping Sindragosa on it.

Nokterian

Frost DK soloing went from miserable to awesome at some point. I went from having downtime between mobs to just pulling everything in Suramar and dropping Sindragosa on it.

Is frost still terrible or is it a good alternative to unholy now? I don't know what to do with my alt.

Go Blood instead..i did and i am even more surprised how well it holds against single targets better than a druid or warrior tank.

I never died when leveling as blood or doing world quests etc.

Why is it the Horde's favorite activity in the universe to gank in Honor Hold (Hellfire Peninsula alliance starting hub)? My mains were exclusively horde from Vanilla through 2/3 of WoD, and I've never once been ganked in Thrallmar (HFP horde starting hub). But from Vanilla through now, including the ~3 chars I've quested through HFP during Legion, there has never not been at least 1 horde max level toon killing alliance in Honor Hold, and 50% of the time they also kill all the quest givers in that tower nearby. I'm quite sure they don't get anything from this "PvP", and for some reason it seems to be exclusive to horde to gank here. Just wondering if I'm missing something or it is some weird cultural thing to gank newly 60 alliance toons.

Or it is just the earliest place that they can be sure nearly all alliance players will go to so they can ruin the most people's time per minute as possible, just weird that it seems to be a horde exclusive douche exercise.

Blame Warlords of Draenor. There are garrison missions that reward Halaa tokens and that funnels high/max level players into TBC content. It's impossible to complete the World PVP objectives in TBC content while leveling 60-70, be you Alliance or Horde, because there's always high/max level players taking and holding the HFP objectives and Halaa. It's a minor annoyance if you're on a PVE server and a hellish one best avoided by the dungeon queue if you're on a PVP server.

I played both factions in WoD and both sides do it. It was almost always bored druids and rogues trolling lowbies. Even if there are high level players there trying to help, it's best to just avoid those objectives. It was really bad in the gap between 6.2 and Legion pre-patch.

TheYanger

Frost was always good for soloing, it just gets better with gear :) At some point you go beyond the Sindragosa dream and it's more efficient to just instantly murder every mob in sight with like 2 GCDs, and only use Sindragosa for packs of elites or something. It's always been my favorite spec, but now it's definitely powerful especially for questing (and if you can start killing things then Dark Succor will let you solo huge packs of tough mobs, and the shitty icebound fortitude+Death Strike trait you have to get is a godsend for those same situations, just instant full heals on demand).

Good to see the intro to Stormheim is still broken as fuck. Accept Greymane's Gambit in Stormwind, load into the instance, nothing else is present, get booted back out to Stormwind. Talk to Admiral Rogers, reload in to the instance, same issue, same result. Try again, type /reload in the Stormheim intro instance, still boots me back to Stormwind. Abandon, re-accept, same problem. Abandon, log out, re-accept, finally works. Let's see if I can actually finish it or if it fails on the last boss battle of the sequence as it usually does.

Edit: Hey, it didn't hang on Greymane pouncing on Nathanos and the ship didn't simply unload/disppear when I flew back up to it. I think this was the least worst the Stormheim intro sequence has been.

Top Bottom