• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Strimei

Cant you just buy those?

You can, but as you can imagine people have jacked up the prices.

Also there's only two on the AH right now and I need 15 (well 10 now).

edit: Huh actually you only need 6. The quest text says "you need to interact with 5 of these things" and that you'll need 3 per, but you only actually interact with 2 of the things and then its off to the next part. So not too bad.

Yay, unlocked This Side Up. I can finally get the blue color of the upgraded monk fists. Baffles me why the first and fourth colors switched places in the upgrade.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Well that's shit, was near the end of a +12 and our server died now our tank is in a Mythic normal and can't get into our instance. What a way to ruin the evening.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So, Mythic Odyn seems pretty doublade now.

Lowest we got it is 14% with only seeing the third phase a handful of times, so I'm thinking we will probably get a kill tonight. We also got a really good Ret and Mage trials, so that's good.
[edit]

1.5%

FUUUU

v1perz53

Thats about right lol.

I always avoid doing VotW. I just...am afraid of that dungeon. Shits hard.

It's funny, VotW is one of the mythics I avoid most if I'm with pugs, always have problems there and everyone always makes the 2nd boss hard or fails on the last boss. But it is one of my top 3 with my actual Mythic+ group. The difficulty of that instance is super frontloaded, so if you are doing well after the 2nd boss your run will end well, which I like better than something like Nelth scorpions being right at the end. And I always take the light on Cordana, so my group knows to just stand on the Bear and the mechanic doesn't exist. One of our most reliable 3 chests now (unless it is fortified 12+, some of those mini bosses get rough).

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Yay, we got Odyn.

ToV mythic now feels like a normal mythic raid and not some raid only designed for the very top top top top guilds.

Maddrical

Hey guys, can anyone recommend a good resource for battle pets? Is Warcraftpets.com the best place for it? I've decided for my 1-2 week break over Christmas in between arena & mythics I'm going to farm my artifact fishing rod & do some pet battling, but I don't really want to level up a bunch of crappy battle pets. Are all pets viable?

Lomax

Hey guys, can anyone recommend a good resource for battle pets? Is Warcraftpets.com the best place for it? I've decided for my 1-2 week break over Christmas in between arena & mythics I'm going to farm my artifact fishing rod & do some pet battling, but I don't really want to level up a bunch of crappy battle pets. Are all pets viable?

There are definitely some that are more useful than others, but honestly the best thing is having as many as possible to choose from. Being able to do the shadowmoon daily is a must, so get a dream whelpling from after Xavius or an emerald proto Whelp. Squirt is up today which is the best way to level fast but you probably won't have what you need for that right now. Otherwise I'd look at various strat pages on wowhead and see what pets people use to beat the various trainers and look for ones you have or can get easily. Warcraft pets and simple armory are good resources for collecting but not as good for learning methods or combos.

as an avid pet battler with 802 unique battle pets here are my beginner recommendations. First off, there's a pet trainer named Ashlei close to the Alliance Garrison in Draenor Shadowmoon Valley. She is extremely easy to solo and has a Stuffed Elekk that cannot attack, meaning you can bring in a level 1 pet to hit it once and swap back out to a real pet and get a ton of levels. You can get a free level 25 pet boost from the Garrison pet menagerie, and you will want to use it on Anubisath Idol. Trust me.

1. Anubisath Idol, Human. This dude is cheap and a God. Drops from Twin Emperors in Ahn'Qiraj 40, but can be bought off the AH. Self-heal, damage reduction, good hp, decent dmg. No real substitute because he's so ubiquitous.
2. Emerald Proto Whelp, Dragon. Found in Sholazar Basin. Self healing, damage reduction, dragon racial trait (tons of dmg.) Needed in almost as many strategies as Anubisath. I think Emerald Whelpling and Dream Whelpling can substitute.
3. Unborn Val'Kyr, Undead. Caught around Northerend in set places, I think they upped her spawn rate since she was so needed for a lot of strategies.
No real substitute aside Crawling Claw, which is more expensive/harder to get.
4. Pandaren Mechanical Dragon, mech. AoE attack and Decoy. Get this guy ASAP.
5. Any speed breed rabbit, critter. Two dodges and decent dmg via flurry.
6. Zandalari Anklerender, beast. Excellent for cheesing dudes with ridiculous damage. Cheap.
7. Iron Starlette, mech. Same as above. Cheap.
8. Molten Corgi/Terrible Turnip. They can reduce to 1 hp without killing and have a move where they just become unattackable while dealing out minor dmg.
9. Chrominius (dragon) and Pandaren Water Spirit (Elemental) used to be absolutely needed but they nerfed howl bomb. Still get them.
10. Spawn of G'nathus (aquatic). I love this little dude! Does good dmg and has dive + AoE.

Other good ones that are easy to get -

Darkmoon Tonk
Darkmoon Zeppelin
Zoom
Water Strider/Eternal Strider/Any Strider
Kun-Lai Runt
Nexus Whelpling
Magical Crawdad (really low drop chance)
Nether Faerie Dragon
Scourged Whelpling
Emperor Crab
Rapana Whelk or any snail
Any moth
Servent of Demidos
Hyjal Wisp
Cogblade Raptor
Son of Sethe
Bone Serpent
Weebomination
Mr. Bigglesworth
Tranquil Mechanical Yeti

If you want to get serious -

Xu-fu, Cub of Xuen. This little cat hits like a TRUCK. My go-to instakiller for PvP. Problem is you have to do the Celestial Tournament, which is hard as shit. The other three pets are good too but Xu-Fu is the best of them.

Any cross-promotional or store bought pets. Lil 'KT, Lil' Ragnaros, Graves used to be the best but they nerfed him he still good tho, any blizzcon murloc

Good expensive/ultra rare pets like Ruby Droplet, Son of Animus, Darkmoon Rabbit, a lot of trading card pets like the XT and KT TCG variants

Elekk Plushie if you are insane like me and want to do that bullshit achievement

Maddrical

Thanks for the tips guys, especially MetroidPrimeRib for the write-up, will definitely reference back to this over the coming weeks. Out of curiosity is the mini Thor any good? I love that little guy.

Thanks for the tips guys, especially MetroidPrimeRib for the write-up, will definitely reference back to this over the coming weeks. Out of curiosity is the mini Thor any good? I love that little guy.

I'd assume so. Cross promotional pets (like Baby Winston, Mini Thor, Mini Diablo etc) are usually good.

edit: looking at his abilities, he's not too different from other pets you can get easier but he's still decent.

Maddrical

I'd assume so. Cross promotional pets (like Baby Winston, Mini Thor, Mini Diablo etc) are usually good.

edit: looking at his abilities, he's not too different from other pets you can get easier but he's still decent.

Good to know, I have Winston & Diablo too. Might do AQ40 tonight and hope for the drop, if nothing then I'll just AH it.

802 unique pets is pretty impressive, how many of them are level 25?

Survival hunter dead last.

I'd believe it. It's rare that I see one.

I think this is the chart I was remembering. For some reason I thought it also listed which specs were least played, guess I was wrong.

eNHA26z.png

Moff

2nd Legendary!

Belo'virs Final Stand!

Pretty sweet. Love me some shields on my blink.
That was my first and I really like it, although the effect is not a dps increase.
The shield is massive and a remarkable survivability boost in many situations.

Haven't finished off High Mountain yet, two tribes left to deal with, haven't even started Stormhiem yet but I hit 110 and unlocked World Quests, which sort of feels like a bit of a mistake. I need to wrap up High Mountain and Stormhiem but it's too tempting to pass by on World Quests, they hand out some pretty decent AP boosts and better gear than what I've gained through questing.

Also wrapped up Wintersaber training so now I can park my main hearth in Light's Hope Chapel so I can endless farm Rivendare for a mount I only want as a +1. I haven't gotten lucky with farming mounts since I got Ashes of Alar, the White Hawkstrider and Reins of the Ravenlord all in one week after farming TBC content for nearly a year. I think I used up all of my drop luck in that one week. Oh well, the drop rate for Deathcharger's Reins has been upped to a whopping 1% from what it previously was.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Surprised troll warlock isn't on there.
It's not a very good infograph. There are about half as many Dwarf Warlocks as there are Troll Warlocks though.
Some of the lows on US based off realmpop:
Tauren Priest: 2.3k
Dwarf Warlock: 2.9k
Troll Monk: 3k
Dwarf Rogue: 3.1k
Goblin Warrior: 2.7k
Dwarf Mage: 2.6k

Pickman

Do you seriously need 15 Highmountain tauren archaeology keystones for the quest this week? God damn.

No, you only need 6. It shows 5, but you only need to complete 2 of the stones.

On the plus side, they sell for 8k on the AH right now, so farm the shit out of them.

Ark

I'm going to drop mining/JC for alch/enchant this weekend. I make nothing with my current profs and i can farm herbs using an alt while I can save loads of cash on my main and actually have a prof that makes money.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
That chart makes me sad because Troll and Tauren are clearly the best monk races.

Lain

I have a Snow Storm and Rain Storm effect active on my characters and I'm wondering where they came from. Until yesterday it was only Rain Storm, today came the Snow Storm as well. Well, I have an idea where the effect can originate from thanks to a quick look to Wowhead, but I didn't activate any Blizzard Stone or Rain Stone and the effects stays on no matter the zone or how long I stay on. It's... weird.

Lain

Just got Flame of Ragnaros from a stolen present on my ally shaman. I'm sure it was already confirmed (though I haven't been following past the second day) but I thought I'd post it in here for anyone not aware that it could happen.
At this point I got everything from the stolen present boxes. All toys I was missing from last year, all pets and all enchant transmog. Maybe I can now stop running all my characters to kill the Greench.

It's been a slow week at work so I just finished listing to that Illidan book.

tbh it wasn't bad, I was expecting a lot worse judging by reactions, they should have just toned down a bit on the 'you'll be a warrior of liiiiiiiiiight bs' or made it more vague and it would have been fine. Real enjoyed how they novelized a raid too.

It was a 10000000 times better than that shitty stormrage novel I listened to last week, (though that seems to be related to legion too with all that xavious/dreamland shit going on).

It's the thing that's gotten me more interested in try a DH/legion tbh, just waiting for the next patch to drop.

Listening to the Duraton one next, the movie prequel book, hope it's better than the movie was.

Nokterian

So i am playing WoW with my new gsync monitor..it works beautiful even with a gtx 970 and i7-2600k it just works.

I am never going back to a old monitor ever again.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I literally, un-hyperbolically hope the person who designed the "Like the wind" world quest in Stormheim gets fired. They are a bad person and can fuck right off.

Tamanon

Banned
I literally, un-hyperbolically hope the person who designed the "Like the wind" world quest in Stormheim gets fired. They are a bad person and can fuck right off.

I think it's at least more tolerable than the one in Highmountain.....

IF you can make it to the first landing pad.

Moff

the kirin tor WQ are super weird, especially the flying ones. they feel like the intern did them, I still think they're fun because they are so different from what you usually do in the game.

cdyhybrid

I had to get used to the jankiness of the limitations on how far off the path you can get for those quests, but after that they became pretty easy.

But I main a DH, I can Fel Rush midair in my sleep.

It's more the bugs with the Like the Wind quest at this point. Dashes can randomly be half as long, sometimes it bugs and you regain momentum at the end of the dash and go flying off in some random direction etc.

Top Bottom