• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
There's not much info on Mythic Guarm, so we're pretty confused at what the fuck is going on with this boss.

Rokam

Anyone here by chance play Brewmaster? Trying to find an in depth guide on when/if to purify as well as some help with what trinkets I should be aiming for outside of Darkmoon Card. Help this gnome out!
kxFf09t.jpg

So is it pretty viable to farm WoD dungeons as a 110 Mage? I need a quick way to get Draenor trash gear to DE to help level Enchanting. WoD professions look like the best way, fastest and cheapest way to get to 700. My professions have been at a virtual stand still ever since I swapped out Mining/Engineering for Tailoring/Enchanting. I've actually been investing in my garrison so I can start pumping out Hexweave Bags since they still move at a decent price.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I leveled off of dust I bought from the AH. It was easier for me than buying/farming WoD gear.

But a 110 mage should have no problem doing WoD stuff.

Tarazet

I'd believe it. It's rare that I see one.

I think this is the chart I was remembering. For some reason I thought it also listed which specs were least played, guess I was wrong.

eNHA26z.png

I rolled a Tauren Priest because I didn't even realize it was an option. I doubt I had ever seen one. I've been working on her to be possibly the only level 110 Tauren Disc Priest. Love the way the spec plays now that I have gotten used to it.

vocab

So is it pretty viable to farm WoD dungeons as a 110 Mage? I need a quick way to get Draenor trash gear to DE to help level Enchanting. WoD professions look like the best way, fastest and cheapest way to get to 700. My professions have been at a virtual stand still ever since I swapped out Mining/Engineering for Tailoring/Enchanting. I've actually been investing in my garrison so I can start pumping out Hexweave Bags since they still move at a decent price.

Just do current content. Leveling up a profession means nothing these days.

Anyway, mythic helya down. God damn that fight. No spreists either. Fuck the police.

v1perz53

Just do current content. Leveling up a profession means nothing these days.

There are still some random things that are locked behind having professions maxed, but they are few and far between (Court of Stars buff item requiring max cooking is a random example). Can't think of anything like that for enchanting though.

Also, woo our WW monk just got the legendary that increases the AoE speed boost he gives to 25%. Might be a DPS loss for him to use, but totally forcing him to use it so we have a perma mini group sprint! Seems quite amazing for Mythic+, faster movement is always amazing for timed runs. Hes the first one in our group to get a 3rd legendary, but I guess he deserves it since he's gotten Sephuz on 3 different characters...

Mupod

Frost was always good for soloing, it just gets better with gear :) At some point you go beyond the Sindragosa dream and it's more efficient to just instantly murder every mob in sight with like 2 GCDs, and only use Sindragosa for packs of elites or something. It's always been my favorite spec, but now it's definitely powerful especially for questing (and if you can start killing things then Dark Succor will let you solo huge packs of tough mobs, and the shitty icebound fortitude+Death Strike trait you have to get is a godsend for those same situations, just instant full heals on demand).

that's what I mean, I initially tried leveling as Frost and it sucked. So did WQs at 110 before I had gear. Since I found the Blood hidden appearance before the other two I just used that to do my WQs for a while, and by the time I got those 200 clears I was 880 in my DPS set. At some point gear overcomes the squishiness.

Blood is completely and utterly unkillable by any quantity of world mobs and groups of alliance smaller than 5, which is also nice.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

Just buy dust off the AH or grind some garrison resources to buy the dust you need passively instead.

Only do dungeons for the transmog or straight gold IMO

Pickman

Blood is completely and utterly unkillable by any quantity of world mobs and groups of alliance smaller than 5, which is also nice.

God, I love doing the PVP world quests and having a few try to gank me when I'm in Blood spec.

"I AM THE ELITE MOB NOW!"

v1perz53

Yea, doing solo content/WQs as Bear spoiled me on doing it as any non tank. What, you mean I can't use my spammable instant to pull 20-30 mobs at once then AoE them down on my DPS toon? Huh you mean I can't just slowly clear the Suramar elite area without ever having a chance of dying when I'm not a tank?

God, I love doing the PVP world quests and having a few try to gank me when I'm in Blood spec.

"I AM THE ELITE MOB NOW!"

Hah my favorite time was when I was doing one of the archaeology quests in Stormheim, one of the dig sites was in the Warden's tower area, and it was active for Horde to quest there. I said screw it and went anyway, and a group of 3 horde tried to gank me (despite that I was peacefully trying to collect archaeology fragments). Easily killed them. Few minutes later, group of 5 tried to kill me, easily killed them. Few minutes after that, what must have been 12-13 (poorly geared) horde attack me. For fun I wanted to see how long I could live before they killed me, lasted a solid minute or so, I WAS the raid boss. Too bad because of the stat templates tanks are not fun at all in BG/Arena, though I don't think I would ever want to go back to PvP with strong tanks.

Lomax

When flying hits in Legion, will herb/alch prices drop significantly?

Not only that, but they will just decrease over time anyway, as more and more alts provide more supply and the initial demand hysteria wears down. Probably see a spike when Nighthold releases but otherwise the trend is always going to be downward.

Magnus

Hmm, I left all 3 Emissary quests undone yesterday since I didn't have time. Today, on log in, I only have 2...what gives? Also, it looks like one of the 2 is today's (Wardens). So two of the 3 from yesterday have disappeared.

Strimei

Hmm, I left all 3 Emissary quests undone yesterday since I didn't have time. Today, on log in, I only have 2...what gives? Also, it looks like one of the 2 is today's (Wardens). So two of the 3 from yesterday have disappeared.

Have you tried relogging or something like /console reloadui ?

I've noticed sometimes that one of the emissary things doesn't always display from time to time. Like on my priest a week or two ago it only showed one faction active so I figured on my priest I had done the others, then after a while the second one was present.

edit: Got the plate "Funerary Plate" appearance from the questline on my warrior. While I would prefer the LFR (blue) colors, this is still pretty sweet, and goes really well with the fury artifacts. Though the red tint of the swords would be better, I think, but gonna be a bit before i unlock that.

I leveled off of dust I bought from the AH. It was easier for me than buying/farming WoD gear.

But a 110 mage should have no problem doing WoD stuff.

Don't know why I didn't think of this, buying dust off of the AH is definitely better than trying to farm WoD dungeons for trash to DE. Just ran part of one WoD dungeon and bailed midway through because virtually no worthwhile trash was dropping. Not even decent vendor trash. The reward was not worth the time even though I was simply blowing through the mobs.

So got a second legendary on my DK:

m0dASXs.jpg

Not bothered one bit. This is all I ever wanted. Always the last one to get to a pull in M+ so now at least I might be second to last from time to time.

The four characters I put any time into all have two now. Been really fortunate with the drops. My DK also has Prydaz, which is my least useful one on live, but will be more useful with 7.1.5, moreso when I swap to Blood.

So last night a Sawbone's Shirt went up on my server's BMAH for 5k. I threw in the first bid and thought, 'You know, maybe since it's the holidays, maybe I'll get lucky and win it.'

Tarazet

I'm dropping Mining to re-learn Inscription, turning my 700+ Blood of Sargeras into Dreamleaves and I'm going to town. Wish me luck.

Tarazet

Oh god why can't I buy a stack of 200 at a time from the blood vendor. Mutter mutter.

Results from the first stack of 200 Bloods, after opening all the Nightmare Pods:

1905 Roseate Pigment = ~55,000g
238 Sallow Pigment = ~35,000g
171 Yseralline Seeds = ~1000g, more if turned into healing pots

HowZatOZ

Banned
MMO Champion says patch 7.1.5 is available in the background downloader but it's not showing up for me.
It was only a small bit, like 450mb so it may have already downloaded.

Oh boy, guardian getting that armour nerf. Guess we couldn't be gods forever. Least I'm leveling resto in case they fuck guardian.

v1perz53

It was only a small bit, like 450mb so it may have already downloaded.

Oh boy, guardian getting that armour nerf. Guess we couldn't be gods forever. Least I'm leveling resto in case they fuck guardian.

Honestly I saw these Guardian nerfs coming a mile away, if only for logistical reasons. It is already pretty easy for me to hit full armor cap (4-5 Ironfurs) with current gear, if they didn't nerf anything Bear AM would stop scaling pretty quickly and hit a mitigation cap. Though I don't love that they're nerfing base rage gen, talent rage gen, one golden trait, AND Ironfur armor all at the same time, seems like typical blizz to do too many things at once instead of a few at a time.

But to be fair, even in our Mythic +12 runs I am able to use Maul pretty freely, so these nerfs will mostly mean my mitigation is the same as it was before, but I do ~5% less damage due to Maul. I don't think these nerfs will hurt TOO bad, it is a solid core of mechanics, functional high HP pool and large number of defensive CDs that make Guardian strong, and most of that isn't changing. But I always remain afraid, knowing blizzard, so hopefully they're done swinging the nerf bat for a bit.

Hey guys. Getting back into the game. Haven't played seriously since Ulduar was a couple months old. I played a couple months in MoP but I plan on sticking around for awhile this time.

I reupd my sub yesterday and started my warlock into WoD. In the honeymoon phase so I went ahead and picked up Legion. Look forward to being part of the community here.

Warlock (tailor/skinner) is typically my main he just hit 91 and My plan was to just grind through and check out the new content with him but I could always do that with one of my other characters. I have a DK at 80 and druid at 66 on the same server as my lock. Then I have a 90 rogue on a separate server that I played on with a buddy.

Should I keep grinding to 100 and get a look at the WoD content first (not sure how relevant it is) and boost another character?

Hey guys. Getting back into the game. Haven't played seriously since Ulduar was a couple months old. I played a couple months in MoP but I plan on sticking around for awhile this time.

I reupd my sub yesterday and started my warlock into WoD. In the honeymoon phase so I went ahead and picked up Legion. Look forward to being part of the community here.

Warlock (tailor/skinner) is typically my main he just hit 91 and My plan was to just grind through and check out the new content with him but I could always do that with one of my other characters. I have a DK at 80 and druid at 66 on the same server as my lock. Then I have a 90 rogue on a separate server that I played on with a buddy.

Should I keep grinding to 100 and get a look at the WoD content first (not sure how relevant it is) and boost another character?

What server are you on? May or may not be dead - a lot of servers have changed since then. Inform us before you boost something or get too committed, as you may want/have to transfer to get a better experience.

What server are you on? May or may not be dead - a lot of servers have changed since then. Inform us before you boost something or get too committed, as you may want/have to transfer to get a better experience.

The lock and those others are on Vek'nilash.

Rogue is on Suramar.

I've posted on here a couple of times, I was the warlock in the guild involved in the Martins Fury scandal. I would be up to transferring if you all have a raiding guild if it works with my schedule.

Edit: forgot to mention I'm US.

v1perz53

Oh god, the "what is the most you've ever spent on a game" thread had me calculating the estimated total I've spent on WoW. I should not have calculated that... Pretty much 12 years of sub fees alone are close to $2000. Oof, sometimes ignorance truly is bliss...

Oh god, the "what is the most you've ever spent on a game" thread had me calculating the estimated total I've spent on WoW. I should not have calculated that... Pretty much 12 years of sub fees alone are close to $2000. Oof, sometimes ignorance truly is bliss...

That's really not that much for the amount of time you could get out of WoW in 12 fucking years.

v1perz53

That's really not that much for the amount of time you could get out of WoW in 12 fucking years.

Oh certainly, but when added up all at once the number itself is just impressively large. And that is JUST sub number, you have to also include price of base game and every expansion at retail price (6 purchases at $50 each, or another $300), then on top of that all of the random server transfers and faction/race/name changes here and there, plus a mount or pet from the ingame store once or twice. Just a bit crazy that the total amount I've spent on this game is more than what my first car cost when I bought it, hah.

Top Bottom