• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Whoaa... I got a quest to kill Gul'dan now! Good stuff on the whole Suramar questline, I really liked it, and it felt more significant unfolding a bit every week rather than powering through it all at once.

If they're trying to make Illidan a more sympathetic figure for his eventual redemption with these X'era vision quests in the order hall campaign, they're not doing a very good job of it.

Strimei

If they're trying to make Illidan a more sympathetic figure for his eventual redemption with these X'era vision quests in the order hall campaign, they're not doing a very good job of it.

I'm still betting that this Xe'ra really is Kil'jaeden in disguise. He's the deceiver, after all, and pretending to be others to trick people is his shtick.

Either that or Xe'ra is like the god damn biggest Illidan fangirl to ever exist.

Dude who asked for 870 declined me when I told him I was 875 and yet he's 872.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

♪When they ask for 870♪
♪They really mean 890♪
♪They want the best for their team♪
♪So that's what you better be♪

Tarazet

It's kinda irritating how the legendary situation is for those playing multiple specs. I sweat bullets every time I put my Brew lootspec on for specific trinket since I need a healer/dps lege next and if I'm unfortunate enough to get a third tank legendary it will take foreeever for the next one to drop.

Not to even mention bad leges. It's much more efficient to play an alt rather than multispec 1 character if you want decent chance at getting good leges.

Early on I was hearing about some guilds asking their players to level up multiples of the same class and spec, so they would get a better shot at the best legendaries. I don't know how many people actually did that, but it's ridiculous to consider that people who aren't on the bleeding edge are considering doing the same. I started a fresh new Goblin Shaman and got him to about 30 before I realized how silly I was being. Let alone the whole monster Suramar quest chain plus Insurrection.

Shahadan

Some fuckface tank refused to help for my alchemist quest in VotW and its healer friend followed.
And complained they have no time for 5 minutes, more than we would have used actually doing the boss.

At least other people were kind and gave me their loot.

Blizzard needs to release the AK purchasing ability now, because their current alt catch up mechanic is completely broken.

I have 7 level 110 characters (I have commitment anxiety)

They're are in order of hitting 110 (all of them have their their relic slot)

Demon Hunter
Shaman
Rogue
Hunter
Mage
Paladin
Death Knight

My DK is my main, it takes my DK 3+ days to research, it takes my rogue and paladin 2.

My DK is ilvl 872 with a AK of…4. My Paladin is at AK 8. I leveled my DK and paladin simultaneously hitting 110 like a week before my DK.

Speaking of fun with the premade group finder, I had a question for DPS players.

Do you think it's easier as a melee or ranged to get into a group? Or maybe it's needed to go into more detail and talk about classes instead? Just curious about what people think.

Blizzard needs to release the AK purchasing ability now, because their current alt catch up mechanic is completely broken.

I have 7 level 110 characters (I have commitment anxiety)

They're are in order of hitting 110 (all of them have their their relic slot)

Demon Hunter
Shaman
Rogue
Hunter
Mage
Paladin
Death Knight

My DK is my main, it takes my DK 3+ days to research, it takes my rogue and paladin 2.

My DK is ilvl 872 with a AK of…4. My Paladin is at AK 8. I leveled my DK and paladin simultaneously hitting 110 like a week before my DK.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to 7.1.5 just for the AK catch-up. Not messing with any alts until I can boost them up with it.

Narag

Actually wondering if I should idle my Shaman until 7.1.5. I have 3 legendaries and after the 4th one it supposedly takes a lot longer to get more. I haven't been too fussed about it because they are all good. Emalon's Charged Core and Spiritual Journey combo is godly in Mythic+.

Thought they enabled the bad luck protection after the 4th drop a while back so it should be about the same?

Speaking of fun with the premade group finder, I had a question for DPS players.

Do you think it's easier as a melee or ranged to get into a group? Or maybe it's needed to go into more detail and talk about classes instead? Just curious about what people think.

It depends. From applying to M+ groups, I think class perception matters more, but I haven't applied to a single M+ as a ranged DPS. I wouldn't say I have trouble getting into groups on my rogue, but it's noticeably faster on my DK and whenever I want to play Enhance on my Shaman.

From running groups: I only care about melee / range if the specific dungeon might be more annoying with only melee. Skittish? Going to prefer ranged. Halls of Valor? Going to try to avoid loading up on melee. But for the most part, I don't care.

Generally it's not an availability issue either. People like melee, but the minute you open a group you're going to be inundated with a crowd of hunters and mages anyway, so if you want ranged you can get it. At least for M+.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to 7.1.5 just for the AK catch-up. Not messing with any alts until I can boost them up with it.

I'm deliberately not leveling characters near 100 until the patch hits because I don't want to deal with the slow AK again. Those first few weeks on a new 110 are such a downer.

erawsd

Definitely ranged for raid pugging. Even though this expac has been pretty good at evening it out, Ive been pugging ToV since my raid is on break and I still commonly see groups only inviting ranged dps.

Havent really pugged much mythic+ so i dont know if theres any advantage there.

In Legion for pugging, and guild recruitment, there's a lot of hunger for ranged dps and usually very specific melee dps classes or specs. Horde and Alliance. The melee dps classes/specs wanted are usually very specific to the guild recruiting, in terms of pugging it's usually just rdps. Occasionally there specific advertisements for specific ranged dps classes/specs when pugging but often it's more of a blanket thing.

The AK catch-up will be great but I think with the order hall, class and Suramar campaign, it's still going to be a bit of a chore with alts in Legion. Plus I don't want to shift focus away from my main until it has everything it needs for Pathfinder. With ultimately how useful flying is for leveling alts in Draenor, I want to have flying unlocked in Legion as soon as it's available.

Tidalwave

Thinking of boosting an alt and I've had my eye on DKs lately. Are they as bad as everyone says? I would be maining frost and offspecing blood. My main concern is not getting accepted into mythic groups. It's a problem I have on my druid because my guild has a clique that runs things together that I'm not usually a part of, and nobody seems to want a feral over other options.

v1perz53

And? He should accurately list his own group.

You can't list a requirement for a group higher than your own, so even if he personally requires 890 the system won't let him set it that high, he technically has no way within the system to beg for a carry aside from how he is doing it now. Silly, but thats the way it is.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, what a Kara. 885 Aran trinket and 890 relic, both from bonus roll.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
You can't list a requirement for a group higher than your own, so even if he personally requires 890 the system won't let him set it that high, he technically has no way within the system to beg for a carry aside from how he is doing it now. Silly, but thats the way it is.

He can list it in the title and the ilvl requirement he did list was lower than his current one and a higher ilvl than his was too low for his liking.

People improperly listing groups is a pet peeve of mine.

If the guy wanted to get carried by 885s in a heroic EN, then by all means do it, but at least list it correctly.

Moff

I have the 2 best trinkets according to icy veins, 875 sinew and 870 aran's relaxing ruby.
the ruby has mastery instead of crit, but the proc is insane, does really a lot of damage
sinew has crit but the use effect doesn't really imperss me that much. I also have an 855 eye of skovald and an 845 shock baton, not sure if I should use one of those

v1perz53

He can list it in the title and the ilvl requirement he did list was lower than his current one and a higher ilvl than his was too low for his liking.

People improperly listing groups is a pet peeve of mine.

If the guy wanted to get carried by 885s in a heroic EN, then by all means do it, but at least list it correctly.

I think you're overthinking things a bit, unless I'm misunderstanding what he did. If he didn't have any ilvl requirement in his group title, but you moused over the group and it said "Item Level Required: 870" he just put the easiest whole number below his current ilvl because thats all he can do, there's nothing wrong with doing that. Unless you're super salty that he didn't put 872 instead? He just can't put a number greater than 872 in that box. And if he makes a group, he can invite whoever he wants.

Now, if he had in the title "LFM 870+" and didn't take an 875, sure that is dumb. But he also shouldn't be forced to put an ilvl requirement in his title either, maybe he just wants to see who applies and take the highest he can get, but isn't sure what ilvl people will be applying. As much as a lot of the emergent behavior coming out of LFG kind of sucks, people should be free to make their own bad decisions. Not saying his group criteria were correct, but he didn't really do anything shady with the system itself (unless he did have it in the title, in which case I fully agree with you)

ampere

QEkCMCf.png

(Flames of Rag woo)

Einchy

I think you're overthinking things a bit, unless I'm misunderstanding what he did. If he didn't have any ilvl requirement in his group title, but you moused over the group and it said "Item Level Required: 870" he just put the easiest whole number below his current ilvl because thats all he can do, there's nothing wrong with doing that. Unless you're super salty that he didn't put 872 instead? He just can't put a number greater than 872 in that box. And if he makes a group, he can invite whoever he wants.

Now, if he had in the title "LFM 870+" and didn't take an 875, sure that is dumb. But he also shouldn't be forced to put an ilvl requirement in his title either, maybe he just wants to see who applies and take the highest he can get, but isn't sure what ilvl people will be applying. As much as a lot of the emergent behavior coming out of LFG kind of sucks, people should be free to make their own bad decisions. Not saying his group criteria were correct, but he didn't really do anything shady with the system itself (unless he did have it in the title, in which case I fully agree with you)

Am I the one over thinking this when all I did was make a quick comment to poke fun at the absurdity of someone thinking an ilvl higher than there's is too low for a raid that drops 10 ilvl lower loot than what I have? Only reason I'm even still talking about it is cus people are talking about it.

does it take into account my rune of power, aoe, and combustion us-

oh. patcherwerk you say.

I think I'ma test it out~ Try it out a bit(11k difference which isn't bad)

Sorry for trying to help you out with a quick way to sim gear, I'll make sure to never make that mistake again.

Sorry for trying to help you out with a quick way to sim gear, I'll make sure to never make that mistake again.

Haha my apologies, yeah I was more dickish when I didn't need to be >_> I just never liked simming my shit. Like as a raider, I tend to raid very 'vanilla', only thing I use is DBM and recount.

Einchy

I didn't like simming either because I found the whole thing rather confusing. I didn't know how to compare gear with enchants, possible warforges and sockets, but that website makes it incredibly easy.

I've been doing it every time something that looks like it could be an upgrade and so far it's been extremely helpful. It makes simming very streamline.

I dislike it(And addons like 'debuff' or whatever that addon is that tracks shit for you) because I"m more of a 'purist' i suppose. I always prided myself in being able to reach the highest level of raiding without needing any addon or site to do it. (barring dbm, but really I mostly only use it for 'you're standing in shit' warnings)

I don't even use UI addons lol

I don't use UI add-ons either but, honestly, the default UI is kind of shit. Too much important information gets displayed in the upper corners of the UI.

Just finishing setting up my garrison and shipyard so I can come back to Draenor when I'm bored and want to grind reps, farm mounts and what not. Man, if it was bad when Tanaan went cross-realm, it's worse now with 110's at 800+ ilvls. Gonna have to camp spawns for certain rares now because they just get instantly deleted.

Upshot is it's going to be super easy to blow through everything now. Whenever it is I'll bother to come back to Draenor for Loremaster junk.

Does anyone know anything about exploiting the weekly event quest? People in this group are saying if you do enough of them, the quest breaks and you can complete it infinitely. Sounds like a nice way to get banned.

Also, thanks for everyone who answered my question. Appreciate the extra insight.

Tarazet

So I ran Arcway 10 times last week.. 6 times on Monday alone trying to get the set bracers, because I have a godlike 870 copy of the shoulders with a socket. Five different 3-chests plus a completed +9. Guess what comes out of the pity cache?

zVT2NBj.jpg

Fucking troll game!

Top Bottom