• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Mupod

Finally got Frost and Blood artifacts at 35. Teeming/necrotic/tyrannical still makes me want to disappear for the week. It'd be fine if bosses couldn't have adds that apply Necrotic, it's insane to me that this has never been addressed.

Hopefully we can keep getting keys with Darkheart or Neltharion's Lair. My 10 Arcway is sure as fuck not being touched.

My lock is almost depressingly good on fights where I don't have to move at all. But anything else is just miserable. But it's something I guess, I look good on world bosses.

on my demo lock, the difference in my dps on Shade of Medivh with he casts Remorseless Winter instead of Flame Wreathe is just plain hilarious

Tacitus_

BRH +10 - Skittering, Bolstering, Fortified

dead2.gif

The fucking hallway before the 2nd boss killed us like 4-6 times. Archers shooting at random party members for 1M a pop :d

So it's a bad tooltip on their part? It reads like your Time Warp doesn't cause the debuff, but it's not clear that you can actually use it when you already have the debuff. Would that mean you can actually get 2 minutes of haste on, say Helya? Possibly 2:40 on Xavius if the fight goes long enough and you get the dream reset?

Equip: Your Time Warp does not cause Temporal Displacement on yourself and is not affected by Temporal Displacement or similar effects on yourself.

TW does not cause the debuff and you can cast it freely without worrying about the debuff. It works exactly like it says. So yes, you can get 3+ BL effects if the fight is long enough.

Mupod

BRH +10 - Skittering, Bolstering, Fortified

The fucking hallway before the 2nd boss killed us like 4-6 times. Archers shooting at random party members for 1M a pop :d

We call that the '2000g repair bill for the cat druid' set of affixes.

As a DK I can cheese some of the earlier pulls with control undead, it's the 500-yard melee range instagib wrathguards that suck. And the bat room. With Tyrannical the only really bad part is Smashspite who hits like Mythic Ursoc.

We have a +12 BRH right now with the NA affixes I listed in my previous post. We can do it, but we're going to try and make a different +12 if possible. Fuck BRH.

Tacitus_

As a DK I can cheese some of the earlier pulls with control undead, it's the 500-yard melee range instagib wrathguards that suck. And the bat room. With Tyrannical the only really bad part is Smashspite who hits like Mythic Ursoc.

We have a +12 BRH right now with the NA affixes I listed in my previous post. We can do it, but we're going to try and make a different +12 if possible. Fuck BRH.

We had a frost DK, but control undead is finicky when he gets squashed into a pool of blood every now and then.
The bats and the wrathguards were far easier for us, wiped once when we fucked up with the patrol and it it joined just in time to get a 5 bolster stack and started murdering us.

This comment about Hati is weird. Surely it's not meant to be as (almost) useless at it currently is? It's the main reason I don't want to play Beast Master despite having no other issues with it, really.

Lain

That bug with Hati is annoying. I used to dismiss and call the pets again, but then I realized that just switching between passive and active makes Hati start attacking what I attack without needing to hit pet attack every single time. Weird answer to the image though.

TheYanger

That's a poor response from Muffinus, it's like he didn't look at the picture and understand that the issue is Hati not doing anything at all and flat out being bugged.

v1perz53

Yea last week basically reinforced my thoughts that BRH on Fortified is awful. Even with last week's easy combo of Volcanic/Sanguine BRH still managed to be super annoying, Definitely don't blame you trying for a different +12, BRH to me is probably the worst on necrotic. Lots of huge pulls, really no room to kite, Wrathguards that hit you from 200 yards to keep dem necrotic stacks up, and the fucking bat hallway. Our +12 was CoS which was kind of awful (2nd boss on necrotic was surprisingly hard), but I'd take 3 of those in a row over BRH this week.

So it's a bad tooltip on their part? It reads like your Time Warp doesn't cause the debuff, but it's not clear that you can actually use it when you already have the debuff. Would that mean you can actually get 2 minutes of haste on, say Helya? Possibly 2:40 on Xavius if the fight goes long enough and you get the dream reset?

Tooltip for the ring says "Time Warp doesn't cause Temporal Displacement on yourself, and is not affected by Temporal Displacement or similar effects on yourself". First half is saying if you Time Warp, everyone gets Sated (or any no bloodlust debuff) but you, the second half of that is saying that if you have Sated, you can still Time Warp and get the buff yourself. The idea is kind of complicated, but I think the tooltip technically explains it, just not very well.

It is one of those legendaries that is super awesome in raids but kind of annoying to use in dungeons. In raids, there's always someone else to lust, but in a dungeon you may be the only lust in the group, at which point you can get another lust after 5 minutes I guess when the CD is finished, but you would need a shaman/BM hunter/other mage in the group to get the real benefit of 80 consecutive seconds of lust, and even so not many 5 man fights last that long except for Tyrannical.

Tacitus_

It is one of those legendaries that is super awesome in raids but kind of annoying to use in dungeons. In raids, there's always someone else to lust, but in a dungeon you may be the only lust in the group, at which point you can get another lust after 5 minutes I guess when the CD is finished, but you would need a shaman/BM hunter/other mage in the group to get the real benefit of 80 consecutive seconds of lust, and even so not many 5 man fights last that long except for Tyrannical.

The main benefit of it in dungeons is that you have BL on a 5 min CD. Being able to BL yourself on multiple bosses is nice.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Can anyone tell me the name of this shield? Friend took a picture of it, but couldn't click the person since it was a toon stack in Dalaran. It's not on the transmorg book either, I've looked :X
Protection Warrior hidden appearance.

Whys that?

Here's the info to get it.

Basically, it's RNG-based. You can check once per day.

Thankfully if you have one of the other warrior hidden appearances and have unlocked an additional color you can always use it if you haven't gotten the actual skin. Like, complete 200 world quests using the Arms or Fury hidden appearance you'll get the appropriate color for all of the artifacts. No idea if this is intended or not but Blizzard hasn't talked about fixing it as far as I know.

v1perz53

Thankfully if you have one of the other warrior hidden appearances and have unlocked an additional color you can always use it if you haven't gotten the actual skin. Like, complete 200 world quests using the Arms or Fury hidden appearance you'll get the appropriate color for all of the artifacts. No idea if this is intended or not but Blizzard hasn't talked about fixing it as far as I know.

They mentioned in a tweet that this was a bug, but they aren't going to fix it or ban because of it, just how it will be from now on.

Is the unlocking additional colors an account thing or per character basis?

They mentioned in a tweet that this was a bug, but they aren't going to fix it or ban because of it, just how it will be from now on.

That's cool.

Oh, good. Makes me feel a bit better about having bad luck on some of them. I'm still trying for the Guardian skin so I've been making due with the one I unlocked with Feral.

Is the unlocking additional colors an account thing or per character basis?

Per character. I think there's one on the second row that is account-wide, I might be wrong about that. The one that has to do with Archeology.

Oh, good. Makes me feel a bit better about having bad luck on some of them. I'm still trying for the Guardian skin so I've been making due with the one I unlocked with Feral.

Per character. I think there's one on the second row that is account-wide, I might be wrong about that. The one that has to do with Archeology.

Ah, lame. I should do archaeology but you know...it's archaeology

I really hope that Balance of Power gets changed to account-wide. There is no way I'm going through all of that more than once. Not even sure I'll finish it once, lol.

my guild did the EN achieves fairly easily (only failed on Renferals) but Odyns fucking sucks. We tried everything, and nothing worked. Doing Guarm now

update: this one sucks too

v1perz53

Yea, I'm in the exact same boat, forever unlucky with Guardian hidden skin from Ursoc, really need 7.1.5 to hit and add bad luck protection for that shit. But I've had the feral one since forever, and just got the moonkin one. Trying for resto too but 2 chances every 3 days is rough...

Sucks most because I do dungeons as Guardian and PvP as Resto, and I don't really do WQs anymore (fine with my 2 legendaries for now, and at 884 ilvl not much incentive to do them), so I'm not really progressing towards unlocking any of the other skins on Feral or Moonkin...

Yea, I'm in the exact same boat, forever unlucky with Guardian hidden skin from Ursoc, really need 7.1.5 to hit and add bad luck protection for that shit. But I've had the feral one since forever, and just got the moonkin one. Trying for resto too but 2 chances every 3 days is rough...

Sucks most because I do dungeons as Guardian and PvP as Resto, and I don't really do WQs anymore (fine with my 2 legendaries for now, and at 884 ilvl not much incentive to do them), so I'm not really progressing towards unlocking any of the other skins on Feral or Moonkin...

I thought the bad luck protection for hidden appearances was coming in 7.2, really happy to know it'll be much sooner.

v1perz53

is polymorph supposed to aggro on break

cause that's stupid

Blind does too now, going to guess it's intended now.

I think it has to do with proximity. If you CC and get too close, it aggroes when it wears off, if you CC and never get close it doesn't aggro after. You can test this by CCing something out of combat, if you move close to it you get into combat, but you have to get pretty close, similar to the distance a mob of the same level would detect you in stealth. We noticed this during a HoV mythic+ run, since we always CC a yak for safety, but I got too close on the way out and noticed I was in combat. We tested a bit after this and that's how it seems to work, tested with Paralysis, Repentance and Poly. Overall I'm ok with the change, since the radius is pretty forgiving as long as you know about it beforehand. Definitely doesn't work like it used to though, where you could run through a CCed mob and they would never aggro.

Of course, if you CC something not in combat while you are in combat with anything else, it seems to always aggro afterwards, so there's that too.

I thought the bad luck protection for hidden appearances was coming in 7.2, really happy to know it'll be much sooner.

I'm 85% sure it is 7.1.5 but don't kill me if I am misremembering and it ends up being 7.2! Anyway, I guess I'm not too worried since as soon as 7.2 hits I am getting that ridiculous Were-bear skin and never using anything else! hah

v1perz53

I hate tanking Ursoc man. Can never get the taunt timing right even more so on heroic.

Hah, I do love tanking it on LFR though, also known as just DPS, ignore all AM, and even if you get both debuffs at once and tank 100% of the time you'll still be fine. Even if the stupid shit never drops my hidden appearance...

Man they really have no idea what to do with LFR do they. How far the pendulum has swung between MoP version LFR where you could be stuck for 15 attempts on Amber Shaper or Wind Lord versus now where if you have one stack of Determination you wonder about the group you're in.

Ark

I hate tanking Ursoc man. Can never get the taunt timing right even more so on heroic.

Just taunt every time the other tank gets a debuff. Even in mythic that is essentially the tactic.

If you have DBM, taunt off the other tank just before he's about to do a charge too.

Mupod

Got legendary frost DK belt off heroic Ursoc. 15% chance for obliterate to refund 2 runes. It's lovely

I've had it for a while now. It can be a blessing and a curse. I've really had to get aggressive with my rune spending in order to keep Frozen Pulse up with that thing constantly feeding me runes. But overall it's definitely nice to have.

Godan

Just taunt every time the other tank gets a debuff. Even in mythic that is essentially the tactic.

If you have DBM, taunt off the other tank just before he's about to do a charge too.

Yeah i use DBM. Guess i just get the timing off when the other tank is taunting off me as well. I have cleared him a few time but i guess its just the group i get sometimes.

Its the only boss in EN i have issues with lol.

erawsd

Glorious:

A Blizzard artist took personal time to create Judgement armor (Paladin tier 2) in full 3D. Here's a link to multiple shots of it as well as a model viewer to see what it would look like in-game.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/PbKRr

I wish Blizzard would create HD/up-rezzed/stylized versions of tier 2 and other favourite sets for each class. This is beautiful.

Man that looks amazing. Hopefully this is the type of stuff well see now that they are doing 3D armor for every slot. T20 is suppose to be heavily inspired by t5.

cdyhybrid

Glorious:

A Blizzard artist took personal time to create Judgement armor (Paladin tier 2) in full 3D. Here's a link to multiple shots of it as well as a model viewer to see what it would look like in-game.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/PbKRr

I wish Blizzard would create HD/up-rezzed/stylized versions of tier 2 and other favourite sets for each class. This is beautiful.

That's dope.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them do 3D remodels of T2 for a future tier.

Got the Mage campaign out of the way and finally got another appearance for my artifact. Once I get Suramar, my profession questing and Legion Pathfinder stuff done I guess I'll start grinding away on the PVP appearances and working on the hidden appearances. I don't care so much about Ebonchill or Felo'elorn but I desperately want the Sheep Stick for Aluneth.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Fuck me, our main tank got his 5th legendary after being on vacation for more than a week. I guess the way to get legendaries is to not play.

Strimei

Got the Mage campaign out of the way and finally got another appearance for my artifact. Once I get Suramar, my profession questing and Legion Pathfinder stuff done I guess I'll start grinding away on the PVP appearances and working on the hidden appearances. I don't care so much about Ebonchill or Felo'elorn but I desperately want the Sheep Stick for Aluneth.

Good luck. I imagine they fixed the thing that let you reset the daily RNG check thing by logging out and back in.

Top Bottom