• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

I wonder what spec has the worst overall legendaries because Mistweaver legendaries are... pretty bad for the most part. I don't really know too much about other classes but compared to both Brewmaster and Windwalker that have some good to great legendaries MW has a total of 1 actually good exclusive legendary, two decentish ones (at best) and the rest are total garbage.

vocab

I wonder what spec has the worst overall legendaries because Mistweaver legendaries are... pretty bad for the most part. I don't really know too much about other classes but compared to both Brewmaster and Windwalker that have some good to great legendaries MW has a total of 1 actually good exclusive legendary, two decentish ones (at best) and the rest are total garbage.

mw gets the shaft all the time.

v1perz53

Hmm trying to pick a class to play as my tank alt but I'm being very indecisive. Honestly, Guardian has been basically perfect in terms of what I want from a tank (even ignoring the fact that it is arguably OP balance wise right now) that most other tanks feel like they're missing something. Trying to choose between Pally, War or DH and having a hard time committing. Pally feels strong with good DPS and healing, but is pretty boring with awful mobility. War has great mobility but a real lack of self healing and self-sustain without a healer. DH is fun, but the design feels a little weird and it ends up kind of spiky. I probably "enjoy" DH and War more than Pal, but I feel like I would play better on Pal and be able to push the limits more on it, which might end up being more "fun" overall.

Bah, curse this indecisiveness.

The ultimate frustration with Paladin, I find, is you're always chasing shit or just plodding along when Divine Steed (or whatever) is on CD. With Warrior you've got so much mobility and more options to lock things down. Paladin sustain is to be envied though.

HowZatOZ

Banned
The ultimate frustration with Paladin, I find, is you're always chasing shit or just plodding along when Divine Steed (or whatever) is on CD. With Warrior you've got so much mobility and more options to lock things down. Paladin sustain is to be envied though.
I'm leveling a warrior alt slowly and they are a ton of fun, a lot of mobility than NY guardian. But at the same time in pulled back to my druid just purely on survivability.
Yeah i use DBM. Guess i just get the timing off when the other tank is taunting off me as well. I have cleared him a few time but i guess its just the group i get sometimes.

Its the only boss in EN i have issues with lol.
Don't use DBM. Ursoc's timers are super out of whack.

Nokterian

I tried playing paladin yet again on a other realm got one who i leveled up to 100 and got ashbringer and i don't like it. Fury Warrior on the other hand..yes that is better in many many ways.

ya'll hating on paladins

Paladins don't have to worry about moving fast, not when they can throw their shields and burn the ground. Not to mention that AoE damage is their basic aggro ability. Not to mention they can heal an ally in danger, as well as support your group in various ways.

Not to mention the fact that they have like 5 mitigation skills on either super low CDs, or relatively low cooldowns compared to shield block which has like a 50 minute CD in relative comparison.

Paladins Rock.

Power through my 8 BRH despite teeming / necrotic. 3 chest it. Upgraded to.... HOV. Four weeks in a row of my 10 or higher being HOV. I think I'm going to cry.

v1perz53

ya'll hating on paladins

Paladins don't have to worry about moving fast, not when they can throw their shields and burn the ground. Not to mention that AoE damage is their basic aggro ability. Not to mention they can heal an ally in danger, as well as support your group in various ways.

Not to mention the fact that they have like 5 mitigation skills on either super low CDs, or relatively low cooldowns compared to shield block which has like a 50 minute CD in relative comparison.

Paladins Rock.

I mean, no tank HAS to move fast, but you generally want to, if only to keep the group moving. Plus, movement speed has a solid impact on Mythic+ timers, you gain a non-negligible amount of time if your tank can always be the first one to the next pull. But more than anything, moving fast/being mobile is FUN, while being slow is decidedly less fun (at least for me personally). Not only do Prot pal have low mobility, but they are virtually rooted to their small Conc circle for optimal mitigation, it just feels limiting. And sure, they can throw their shield, and Judge, but if adds spawn when shield is on CD, you are actually pretty lacking in tools to pick up ranged mobs, I think paladin is the only tank that doesn't have a no-CD ranged ability to pick up adds, (technically DH is 2 GCD long CD) while also being the least mobile.

Now, like you said, Prot Pal is still awesome. Lots of CDs, TONS of utility, great healing for self and others, and awesome damage. But that slow prodding movement really hurts the fun of the class for me, and as a tank being mobile and able to quickly get between mobs is important to me. DK is also very immobile, but at least they can grip the mobs to them. Not sure where you're getting the "5 mitigation skills on super low CD", pally CDs all have kind of long CDs. Artifact ability is great at 60 seconds, but AD is 2 minutes and everything else they have is 5+, their defensives are on the longer recharge time end (ShotR doesn't count as a defensive, its just the standard AM every tank has). Still very strong though. Strange to compare to warriors too, who have Shield Block on a 12 second recharge vs ShotR's 16 seconds, Shield Wall on a 4 minute recharge versus GotAK's 5 minutes, and wars also have Demo Shout (1.5 min) Last Stand (3 min) and Artifact Ability (45 seconds), pretty much shorter than pally CD recharges across the board. Generally less powerful though for sure.

Honestly though, the biggest problem with prot pally? Blessed fucking hammer. Fuck this ability and whoever designed it. I know this doesn't bother everyone as much as it bothers me, but I HATE constantly spamming those spinning hammers. I hate the sound, I hate the graphic, I hate the frequency at which you have to use the ability, and most of all, I hate that it is so powerful that you would have to be a fool not to use it. God, I would probably play Prot Pal despite the movement if this one ability didn't exist.

Mothman91

Downed Canarius after 46 attempts, close to top 1000 US. Extended the raid an extra hour to try Xavius, think we need a full raid night to get him. Going to try to see if people will come for an extra day of the week to raid on Monday. If not, we will reset and redo 6/7 and try Xavius again next week, if we can't down him that week then we will extend the lockout for the final week before Nighthold, really want that achievement.

Hmm trying to pick a class to play as my tank alt but I'm being very indecisive. Honestly, Guardian has been basically perfect in terms of what I want from a tank (even ignoring the fact that it is arguably OP balance wise right now) that most other tanks feel like they're missing something. Trying to choose between Pally, War or DH and having a hard time committing. Pally feels strong with good DPS and healing, but is pretty boring with awful mobility. War has great mobility but a real lack of self healing and self-sustain without a healer. DH is fun, but the design feels a little weird and it ends up kind of spiky. I probably "enjoy" DH and War more than Pal, but I feel like I would play better on Pal and be able to push the limits more on it, which might end up being more "fun" overall.

Bah, curse this indecisiveness.

You know what spec has the best mobility, good self healing+self sustain and is the least spiky?

Time to join the Brewmaster club fam.

Lain

They must have fixed some of the loading problems, because using my garrison stone no longer forces me to /kill the client and it makes me really happy.

Edit: I take it back, got a blocked loading on my alliance warrior after using her garrison stone.

Survival hunter, cause even with legendaries their damage is traaaaaash

Bought Legion a little over a month ago. Went back to my Balance Druid for Legion, which is the first time I've switched mains at the start of an expansion and not mid expansion. I'm now at 871 ilvl on him. I'm not in a raiding guild but I've had decent success pugging. I've been enjoying mythic+ dungeons except for Moonkin being so bad in them. Single target my damage is fine, but on trash my AoE is awful. I hate the change they made to Starfall, and they removed Hurricane to make it our main form of AoE. Starfall costs so much Astral Power that by the time I have enough to use it the trash is nearly dead. I hate feeling like a handicap in mythic+ dungeons. I look for carry groups for keystones +7 or higher. They're making a bunch of indirect buffs to Starfall in 7.1.5 but I'm not sure how much it'll help me.

Tarazet

I want to get back into that club but I just can't seem to stay alive anymore. I really miss Guard.

Funny, our Brewmaster would be our go-to if our DK wasn't able to make it. Having him tank Cenarius was hilarious because the pool created from the spear, which increases in size based on the damage you take.. when he took it, it was like a wart on a frog's ass.

Funny, our Brewmaster would be our go-to if our DK wasn't able to make it. Having him tank Cenarius was hilarious because the pool created from the spear, which increases in size based on the damage you take.. when he took it, it was like a wart on a frog's ass.

Well, I was thinking more about general questing and other solo stuff. I just felt so squishy and had to be careful with how much I pulled. Felt like I stayed alive easier as Windwalker.

Fuck this life. The paladin Divine Steed skill is a racial mount. I'm a Draenei, so it's a derping Elekk.

It costs 8000+ gold to fix this with a glyph (to make it a regular charger), which I can't spare since this is a currently level 30 alt on a server that I have like 30k on tops right now.

T0xlAQI.gif

Tarazet

Fuck this life. The paladin Divine Steed skill is a racial mount. I'm a Draenei, so it's a derping Elekk.

It costs 8000+ gold to fix this with a glyph (to make it a regular charger), which I can't spare since this is a currently level 30 alt on a server that I have like 30k on tops right now.

T0xlAQI.gif

Take 4 hours, make a proper Human Paladin from scratch and level it to 30.

Tarazet

I had good karma help me out today. I gave away a Swarming Plaguehive to an undergeared druid instead of saving it for my off-spec. In return, I got Spontaneous Appendages off the bonus roll, BIS for Enhancement, and then on my alt mage I got Naraxas' Spiked Tongue. Each one of those increased those characters' DPS by 10% or more.

I'll never be afraid to be a good citizen again.

Had an interesting conversation in a battle ground just now.

The situation: Getting four capped in an Eye of the Storm. While running around trying to see if there was anything I could do, I notice two people are hiding up and away at one edge of the map. I call them out to ask why they're just hanging out and away from everyone.

Long story short, they said there's no point in playing since we can't win. They're not just AFK'ing a BG, they're being pragmatic. They also don't want to give the Horde more HKs, because that would be just awful. get the logic but you're still no better than someone who's just going AFK.

I guess the one thing that got me a little bit is that I'm pathetic for trying to fight back. I mean, I'm still trying to get better at Sub, so it's all the same to me, win or lose. Still got keybinds to get used to. For example, I shouldn't be getting knocked off into the abyss when I have Shadow Step.

They must have fixed some of the loading problems, because using my garrison stone no longer forces me to /kill the client and it makes me really happy.

Edit: I take it back, got a blocked loading on my alliance warrior after using her garrison stone.

You're not alone in this, it's a sporadic problem I encounter with my mage. I still go back to my garrison to make use of it to produce Hexweave Bags and sometimes it takes an incredibly long time to hearth in and sometimes it just hangs on the loading screen and I have to kill the client and re-log to finish hearthing into my garrison.

It wasn't an issue in WoD but it is in Legion.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Had an interesting conversation in a battle ground just now.

The situation: Getting four capped in an Eye of the Storm. While running around trying to see if there was anything I could do, I notice two people are hiding up and away at one edge of the map. I call them out to ask why they're just hanging out and away from everyone.

Long story short, they said there's no point in playing since we can't win. They're not just AFK'ing a BG, they're being pragmatic. They also don't want to give the Horde more HKs, because that would be just awful. get the logic but you're still no better than someone who's just going AFK.

I guess the one thing that got me a little bit is that I'm pathetic for trying to fight back. I mean, I'm still trying to get better at Sub, so it's all the same to me, win or lose. Still got keybinds to get used to. For example, I shouldn't be getting knocked off into the abyss when I have Shadow Step.

after the 700th bg, its not really relevant who wins or loses anymore. I don't really play the objective at all these days, I just wanna pvp. Horde is also hilariously outgunning alliance these days for the most part. I swap to ally just for the quick queues but still, it's sad. You can land so many kills with arcane torrent or berserking, they really need to just turn off racials in pvp.

The classes are balanced around 3v3 and a lesser extant RBGs. There's really no reason to take a 15v15 unbalanced pub game seriously other than grinding out the honor talents to get into the real shit.

And if you're just looking for that first win of the day, its sometimes quicker to just lose fast instead of stalling the loss.

I gave up on Pvp long ago. Maining a Balance Druid in WotLK killed it for me. Tried to do it again in Cata when LSD 2.0 became popular but still didn't really enjoy it.

carlsojo

First day of the new year doing the first mythic... and I finally got my second legendary!

Toravon's Whiteout Bindings!

It goes alright with my Rattlegore Legplates lol..

As someone who just started doing random BGs for the first time, it is incredibly weird seeing alliance lose so consistently. I'd say I'm probably 3-15 or so. It also seems weird that they haven't added adventure guides for the BGs that explain the objectives and how things like gold stealing can happen on some, etc., similar to what dungeons have.

I reliably top healing as holy, and damage as shadow, which seems weird as someone who has no idea what they're doing. Normally I'd say this is because the others are playing the objectives correctly, but it's not like we're winning and I'm being carried. Really weird stuff. It's like all of Horde is on voice or something and Alliance is just running around willy nilly.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
That confusing moment when you get removed from a silent heroic 5 man group despite being #1 DPS, not afk, and not mispulling anything.

084.png

I managed to get a guy to rage for 20 minutes solid in a timewalking Arcatraz run this morning. We started the dungeon, Mage dps says 'guys don't start, I'm vaping' to which I said, jokingly, "Ew.". That's it, two letters and a full stop. I literally said nothing else the whole run. I've never seen rage like it, he started off defensive, went through belligerence directly to anger and spent the rest of the run trying to talk the group into kicking me, then kicking the healer for telling him to chill, then trying to get me to tell him where I lived and asking if anyone in group was from my realm and knew me and finally into just ALL CAPS DEATH THREATS. It was hilarious, but damn I feel sorry for anyone who knows that guy outside of the game.

I just realized how goofy it is that us Warlocks use Infernals on world quests.

Like sure, for PvP and PvE that makes sense. But you can also use them in other scenarios.

Fishing? INFERNAL IT
Gathering herbs? FUCK IT, USE THE INFERNALS
Hey we need some shal'dorei silk can we get som- YOU CAN HAVE INFERNALS
Pet Battles? INFERNALS ARE PETS
Squirrel problem? NO PROBLEM WITH INFERNALS

Lomax

I just realized how goofy it is that us Warlocks use Infernals on world quests.

Like sure, for PvP and PvE that makes sense. But you can also use them in other scenarios.

Fishing? INFERNAL IT
Gathering herbs? FUCK IT, USE THE INFERNALS
Hey we need some shal'dorei silk can we get som- YOU CAN HAVE INFERNALS
Pet Battles? INFERNALS ARE PETS
Squirrel problem? NO PROBLEM WITH INFERNALS

I like to think of it as "give me the reward or I drop these infernals on you" and so they do.

Is it just me or is there a ridiculous amount of spelling errors this expac?

The Headpiece of the Shadow Council you get for killing Gul'dan has two spelling errors in its description...

I haven't seen this many typos since Ace Attorney 2

Is it just me or is there a ridiculous amount of spelling errors this expac?

The Headpiece of the Shadow Council you get for killing Gul'dan has two spelling errors in its description...

I haven't seen this many typos since Ace Attorney 2

Yeah, I noticed a lot of them while questing through each zone.

peter0611

I don't know how some of you guildless folks play this game for so long before giving up in disgust. I wasted 2+ hours on two different runs in mythic + VOW because not many guildies were on. So dumb of me. Pugging is a complete waste of time and reminds me to just be a snob and stick to friends and guildmates.

Rokam

It only took 3 characters (2 from launch) doing Suramar Emissary & Withered Training to finally get the Torn Invitation. Go go RNG!

It only took 3 characters (2 from launch) doing Suramar Emissary & Withered Training to finally get the Torn Invitation. Go go RNG!

Still don't have it. Seems like nearly everyone does at this point though....

And fucking random BGs. Yeah it's totally fair for you to matchmake a team with 2 healers vs. one with none. Thanks Blizzard.
facepalm.gif

Rokam

Speaking of BG's, is the fishing artifact disabled in Rated? I ran a BG just so I could activate my first honor talent and noticed I could use it there to navigate the water quickly/walk on it. Seems a little broken if so.

Chris R

Almost exalted with the Nightfallen.

Just two more KirinTor/Nightfallen chests and I'll be there...

Might even get a fucking legendary drop :|

So I just watched Kung Fu Panda 3 with my kid. The ENTIRE MOVIE looks like Pandaria. The main bad guy is basically a yangol. The area the pandas stay in looks just like Kun Lai. lol Blizzard should sue somebody.

Top Bottom