• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

phierce

So I just watched Kung Fu Panda 3 with my kid. The ENTIRE MOVIE looks like Pandaria. The main bad guy is basically a yangol. The area the pandas stay in looks just like Kun Lai. lol Blizzard should sue somebody.
Umm Kung Fu Panda 1 and 2 both came out before Pandaria.

The only aspect of Legion in which I appreciate the RNG is fishing and the random events that can occur in what's otherwise the most boring activity in this game this side of archaeology.

Umm Kung Fu Panda 1 and 2 both came out before Pandaria.

Yes, I'm aware, I was here for the "HURR DURR THIS EXPANSION LOOKS LIKE KUNG FU PANDA" shit that happened every where. I'm talking specifically about 3, and 90% of the movie looks completely lifted from Pandaria. It's kind of comical.

Yes, I'm aware, I was here for the "HURR DURR THIS EXPANSION LOOKS LIKE KUNG FU PANDA" shit that happened every where. I'm talking specifically about 3, and 90% of the movie looks completely lifted from Pandaria. It's kind of comical.

It's weird how there's still people that don't know the pandaren race were around before World of Warcraft was even out. I'm not talking about the person you're replying to but I regularly see it on the official message boards and in the in-game chat.

It's weird how there's still people that don't know the pandaren race were around before World of Warcraft was even out. I'm not talking about the person you're replying to but I regularly see it on the official message boards and in the in-game chat.

Yeah, I know. But what can you do? People think pandaran didn't come before Kung Fu Panda even though they're wrong. But this is something else entirely. It's CRAZY how much KFP3 looks EXACTLY like the game.

Look at this shit. lol

http://clture.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/9_Kung_Fu_Panda_3.jpg

http://www.dreamworks.com/kungfupanda/images/uploads/properties/009_pw_panda_village_entrance.jpg

Here's the yangol he fights.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...P3_Kai1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160206003720

Yeah, I know. But what can you do? People think pandaran didn't come before Kung Fu Panda even though they're wrong. But this is something else entirely. It's CRAZY how much KFP3 looks EXACTLY like the game.

Look at this shit. lol

http://clture.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/9_Kung_Fu_Panda_3.jpg

http://www.dreamworks.com/kungfupanda/images/uploads/properties/009_pw_panda_village_entrance.jpg

Here's the yangol he fights.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...P3_Kai1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160206003720

Yeah, I do remember thinking as I watched it how the people involved with that particular one probably played a lot of WoW. There's even that green energy that's a lot like fel.

My first encounter with the Like The Wind daily for the Kirin Tor Emissary Cache and I literally have no fucking idea of how to complete it since I keep hitting invisible walls and getting knocked out of the mini-game.

The other Kirin Tor quests are weird but do-able, I had to watch a youtube video to even understand what it is I'm supposed to actually do. So I now get the hate. It's easy to do once you know what you're supposed to do, the problem is it's completely obtuse when first presented.

This is pretty much a stealth brag post I guess, but I've kind of ran into a somewhat funny issue.

I've now picked up all of the Legendaries for my main Rogue spec, Outlaw. I've been using sims to see what two are best, but also decided to spend some time on target dummies as well. After a bit I realized that it's kind of pointless to do my own testing. With how Roll the Bones works, it can easily heavily influence how well I perform during that short test.

So the moral of the story is, bad RtB rolls will kill my DPS regardless of whatever I use, so I'll just use the two that I want to.

Now I just need to decide which loot spec to switch to for my last Legendary.

The more I play Legion, the more frustrated I am with professions. In WoD professions were something I could invest myself in and find success on my own but in Legion I'm bumping up against all of this group content requirements or having to do pvp. Now advancement in my professions is something I can no longer easily achieve on my own. This would be less of a problem if I was playing a hybrid class that could tank and/or heal but I'm pure dps, late to the end-game. So I'm kind of fucked in that regard. At the very least I now understand why a bunch of 815ilvl crafts you need to complete the Trial by Fel Fire questline cost so damned much on the AH. Profession questing in Legion is such a ridiculous time sink and gating system just to gain access to basic low level crafts that aren't very useful by the time you unlock them.

I was toying with the idea of having one alt in Legion, something like a Prot/Arms Warrior or Ele/Resto Shaman, and now it's looking like I need to consider power leveling one or the other to be my main. Be a hell of a lot easier to get by these group content requirements as a tank or healer. Actually that probably isn't true, I'd be so far behind with gear by the time I get to current content I'd probably get bounced from any group I try to join.

This is pretty much a stealth brag post I guess, but I've kind of ran into a somewhat funny issue.

I've now picked up all of the Legendaries for my main Rogue spec, Outlaw. I've been using sims to see what two are best, but also decided to spend some time on target dummies as well. After a bit I realized that it's kind of pointless to do my own testing. With how Roll the Bones works, it can easily heavily influence how well I perform during that short test.

So the moral of the story is, bad RtB rolls will kill my DPS regardless of whatever I use, so I'll just use the two that I want to.

Now I just need to decide which loot spec to switch to for my last Legendary.

Ring is a DPS increase for good and bad rolls, and bracers if used correctly are a DPS increase no matter good or bad rolls since you should be using BtE on CD. And it makes TB way more valuable (despite already being stupid brokenly good).

Boots obviously aren't doing shit if you have to reroll a lot. But if you have bracers + boot and are using any other combo then every other Outlaw on earth hates you.

Thematically I really liked MoP but execution was kind of lacking.

And I had a different vision for the monk class tbh. I was expecting like DoT melee w/ combo finishers to "burst" them kinda like unholy DK to play off the whole kung fu internal damage thing.

Would have been dope.

And the pandas suck.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Got my fourth legendary and it's a shitty AOE one, now it'll be months before I see my next one.

So fucking annoying.

[edit]

Just checked and it took me exactly a month to get my fourth after getting my third. The more legendaries I get, the more this system feels like a kick to the nuts. I've now gotten 4 legendaries with only one being good and I still have a 1 in 4 chance of getting something completely useless.

A chance that will take me how long to get? 2 months?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Guessing patch isn't tonight?

Nope. I don't think anyone was expecting it today. It was a slight possibility.

It has to be either next week (10th) or the week after (17th). Blizzard has said they do not want to release this sort of patch mid-raid tier anymore.

Ark

So looking forward to raiding again tomorrow. We've been on a two week Christmas break and I am more than ready to get stuck in again.

Also I've finally relented and dropped mining for alchemy.

Mupod

Got my fourth legendary and it's a shitty AOE one, now it'll be months before I see my next one.

So fucking annoying.

[edit]

Just checked and it took me exactly a month to get my fourth after getting my third. The more legendaries I get, the more this system feels like a kick to the nuts. I've now gotten 4 legendaries with only one being good and I still have a 1 in 4 chance of getting something completely useless.

A chance that will take me how long to get? 2 months?

Several of our more active players have had 4 for a long time, I don't know anyone who has found 5. I got #4 on November 15 and haven't found a fifth - I raid heroic/mythic, do emissaries every day, run Kara every week, and have a dedicated mythic+ group. We've slowed down a bit on mythic+ but we still try to get our +12 every week and run a few 9-10s for AP.

I've complained about the 'soft cap' before but as someone who didn't mind the legendary system, it's pretty disheartening. If I thought I had any chance of a drop I'd be more likely to run more mythic+, do normal raids etc.

clubfoot

Speaking of fun with the premade group finder, I had a question for DPS players.

Do you think it's easier as a melee or ranged to get into a group? Or maybe it's needed to go into more detail and talk about classes instead? Just curious about what people think.

i play a warlock, I always get accepted

Magnus

Man, I play a lot. A LOT. Like 12 days /played on my main and another 5 on several alts. Just got a third alt to 110, for four capped characters total.

And I only have 2 legendaries on my main, and that's it.

Don't know a single person who has 4. Some of our raiders have 3.

Do a lot of you have 3 or 4?

Mupod

Man, I play a lot. A LOT. Like 12 days /played on my main and another 5 on several alts. Just got a third alt to 110, for four capped characters total.

the people I know with 4 were the ones spamming mythic+2 keys relentlessly for AP gains early on, self included. And one druid who got two in the first week due to the drop bug.

e90Mark

Speaking of fun with the premade group finder, I had a question for DPS players.

Do you think it's easier as a melee or ranged to get into a group? Or maybe it's needed to go into more detail and talk about classes instead? Just curious about what people think.
It's easier as being a high ilvl, whether equipped or bags. Groups will err on the side of being melee heavy though, just the nature of this expansion.

I have a melee and ranged both at 880+, and I don't think the ranged one is easier to get into a group vs melee.

The problem is your time played is split between too many characters. I play 2 characters that probably have about 20ish+ days on each at 110 and have 3 legendaries each.

4 from Valajar emissary, 1 from world boss, 1 from mana devourer.

Most of my guild's raiders have 3, and a couple with 4.

Tarazet

I have 3 on my main, who is 7/7H and 3/3N and gets a lot of playtime. Zero on my 110 alt mage because I'm intentionally holding back and not finishing stuff.

Robin64

Well I have 25 out of 25 Artifact Knowledge now. Should I keep generating more, even though I can't use them right now, hoping they will raise this limit?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Well I have 25 out of 25 Artifact Knowledge now. Should I keep generating more, even though I can't use them right now, hoping they will raise this limit?

At a certain point it stops letting you make more. Just cap it out now. Or at least it isn't letting me place orders for more.

I still only have 2 legendaries, and I do emissaries everyday as well as mythic + and mythic raiding.

I have two each on the four 110s I spend any time on. I got my second on my main on Nov. 1 and am waiting on the third. A decent amount of M+ and every emissary, very little if any raiding. Not too bothered by it because I was fortunate and got very good legendaries for the content I play, but interested on when it will come.

Three isn't supposed to be much of a drop off. Four is significant and five looks to be really significant but there's not a ton of date on that.

The only people I know with four all got one or two before they fixed that bug.

clubfoot

I love warlocks, always on the top of my choices when it comes to pug DPS. Generally don't die, teleporters, cookies, and after years of mistreatment by Blizzard they never have a shitty ego.

yeah, i'm used to getting pooped on by Blizz

Jag

The more I play Legion, the more frustrated I am with professions. In WoD professions were something I could invest myself in and find success on my own but in Legion I'm bumping up against all of this group content requirements or having to do pvp. Now advancement in my professions is something I can no longer easily achieve on my own. This would be less of a problem if I was playing a hybrid class that could tank and/or heal but I'm pure dps, late to the end-game. So I'm kind of fucked in that regard. At the very least I now understand why a bunch of 815ilvl crafts you need to complete the Trial by Fel Fire questline cost so damned much on the AH. Profession questing in Legion is such a ridiculous time sink and gating system just to gain access to basic low level crafts that aren't very useful by the time you unlock them.

I was toying with the idea of having one alt in Legion, something like a Prot/Arms Warrior or Ele/Resto Shaman, and now it's looking like I need to consider power leveling one or the other to be my main. Be a hell of a lot easier to get by these group content requirements as a tank or healer. Actually that probably isn't true, I'd be so far behind with gear by the time I get to current content I'd probably get bounced from any group I try to join.

I'm still committed to bringing every profession to max on all my alts, but I agree that the 5man requirements for profession alts just sucks.

v1perz53

I love warlocks, always on the top of my choices when it comes to pug DPS. Generally don't die, teleporters, cookies, and after years of mistreatment by Blizzard they never have a shitty ego.

On the contrary, I have a terrible track record with Warlock pugs, the ones I get always do abysmal DPS regardless of ilvl. Taken the years of mistreatment one step further and don't even care about doing good DPS anymore. Now, I certainly don't avoid warlocks, because random is random (I just take the first few DPS that apply to my groups), but I'd say 7/10 Warlocks I get generally do less DPS than me on my tank (admittedly a very well geared tank, but still)

Hoping to get a 4th legendary this week. I can't remember how long it's been since since the last one. And I've done a lot of M+ and other things in the interim.

If I don't get Anger of the Half-Giants though I might be on suicide watch. The time to get a 5th will be absolutely bonkers. I would destroy two of the three I have for that ring right now.

Otherwise there's the shoulders that will be the new BiS in 7.1.5, especially with that Nighthold trinket that also reduces the CD on meta. Will need that and Anger to have a chance at super high parses.

Magnus

Everyone's worried about the time between the 4th and 5th legendaries, but wasn't that all changed with 7.1.5? Ion's dev notes said that they activated the bad luck protection going past 4 legendaries with the last patch, so it shouldn't take longer from 4 to 5 than it did from 2 to 3, or 3 to 4, or even 1 to 2...right?

vocab

Everyone's worried about the time between the 4th and 5th legendaries, but wasn't that all changed with 7.1.5? Ion's dev notes said that they activated the bad luck protection going past 4 legendaries with the last patch, so it shouldn't take longer from 4 to 5 than it did from 2 to 3, or 3 to 4, or even 1 to 2...right?

Haha.

Magnus

It's not reflective of what's happening in game.

Some people believe that the kill points needed between legendaries is longer and longer and there's a big gap between 4th and 5th since such a small amount of people have gotten a 5th.

I understand, but isn't the small amount of people with 5 due to the softcap of 4 only being lifted in November, per Ion's post?

HowZatOZ

Banned
One of my guildmates has five legendaries, but he literally plays every day, without fail. He had a stash of chests to open to get his fifth.

PatzCU

Not sure what a Prot War is like but if you roll a Blood DK alt you can pretty much easily solo most quest group content.

Well, we don't know exactly how it's supposed to work, but from what some people are tracking it generally takes more to get each one (not quite double the "points"). This is probably one of the more well known people tracking it based off a sample size of about ~8000 players.

Bad luck protection existing doesn't necessarily mean that each one will take the same amount of time.

There's really not enough data on people with five to make any meaningful conclusions, but it certainly seems to be much longer than getting the fourth. But that was assumed beforehand anyway.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I understand, but isn't the small amount of people with 5 due to the softcap of 4 only being lifted in November, per Ion's post?

November was a long time ago.

There are guys in my guild who spam Mythic+s all day who still don't have their 5th. Either the soft-cap didn't get removed or the amount of kill points needed for a 5th is just insanely larger than it is for a 4th.

Top Bottom