• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

November was a long time ago.

There are guys in my guild who spam Mythic+s all day who still don't have their 5th. Either the soft-cap didn't get removed or the amount of kill points needed for a 5th is just insanely larger than it is for a 4th.

I'm in the camp that they may have adjusted how M+ contributes to your chance or BLP, or it has a lesser effect after four at least.

Lain

I was thinking I wouldn't see a new legendary drop for a while as I was opening my kirin tor cache and got the Heathcliff ring... well then, switching loot spec to Prot from holy did work out better than I was expecting.

I have played unhealthy amounts since day 1 pretty much on my main character only and I don't have the 5th.

The system definately pushes players hard to play alts instead of offspecs if you wanna be serious about the game. The chances are heavily stacked against having good (or any for the casual/sane people) legendaries at all for offspecs after you get your first 2 for main spec. It takes much less time to actually level up a character from lvl 1 and get 2 legendaries for that than getting the 3rd and 4th ones for your main.

Currently I have 2 tanking legendaries, 1 healing and 1 dps. I need to pretty much commit to either healing or dps getting the next one cause if the system isn't changed I won't be getting the 6th one during my lifetime lol.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
It's really annoying since if I had gotten just a tiny bit better RNG, I'd be doing scientifically more DPS right now but I'm not.

Hey guys, I use to play WoW from vanilla to right before the launch of Lich King and soon sold my account afterwards. Anyways, are there any good deals going on right now for those wanting to get back into the game?

On the other news, I think Nighthold has the best buildup of any raid I have been a part of. I actually quite like Suramar and the storyline there, Elisande is one of the best WoW original villains with actual buildup to her. Hopefully the raid itself delivers.

Emerald Nightmare is kinda the opposite. Emerald Dream has had a looooot of talk during the years but the raid itself had very lackluster buildup. Xavius as a villain in the game at least had very lazy buildup and the encounter was bland. All the trash and bosses in the instance had no interesting context behind it (unless I missed some in the other works). Tho I suppose Ilgynoth is pretty neat.

Robin64

Hey guys, I use to play WoW from vanilla to right before the launch of Lich King and soon sold my account afterwards. Anyways, are there any good deals going on right now for those wanting to get back into the game?

Just buying the base will get you everything up to but not including the current expanson pack. And right now that's less than ten bucks. So you'll get an account with 30 days of game time for Vanilla, Burning Crusade, WotLK, Cataclysm, Pandaria, and Warlords of Draenor. Pretty good deal.

On the other news, I think Nighthold has the best buildup of any raid I have been a part of. I actually quite like Suramar and the storyline there, Elisande is one of the best WoW original villains with actual buildup to her. Hopefully the raid itself delivers.

Emerald Nightmare is kinda the opposite. Emerald Dream has had a looooot of talk during the years but the raid itself had very lackluster buildup. Xavius as a villain in the game at least had very lazy buildup and the encounter was bland. All the trash and bosses in the instance had no interesting context behind it (unless I missed some in the other works). Tho I suppose Ilgynoth is pretty neat.

I like Suramar and the quests leading up to it. It's a shame they are locked behind a rep grind. Doesn't make sense to me.

I'll get around to it on my alts eventually.

Just buying the base will get you everything up to but not including the current expanson pack. And right now that's less than ten bucks. So you'll get an account with 30 days of game time for Vanilla, Burning Crusade, WotLK, Cataclysm, Pandaria, and Warlords of Draenor. Pretty good deal.

Where do you see this? On Battle Net I only saw the base for $9.99.

v1perz53

There is a god! Finally got my Guardian hidden appearance from just doing LFR Ursoc every week. Ironically, the time I got it happened to be the first time ever my queue popped as DPS instead of tank or healer. Decided to just DPS it as bear since I play feral/boom so infrequently that honestly my bear DPS is better. Came in 3rd on the meters and got the skin!

Curses, now that means I should be doing WQs again to unlock the other colors... Only resto hidden appearance left to get, though at 2 chances every 3 days at least it is more than I could attempt Ursoc. Just wish the Druid plants were a daily reset like most other similar things in class halls.

There is a god! Finally got my Guardian hidden appearance from just doing LFR Ursoc every week. Ironically, the time I got it happened to be the first time ever my queue popped as DPS instead of tank or healer. Decided to just DPS it as bear since I play feral/boom so infrequently that honestly my bear DPS is better. Came in 3rd on the meters and got the skin!

Curses, now that means I should be doing WQs again to unlock the other colors... Only resto hidden appearance left to get, though at 2 chances every 3 days at least it is more than I could attempt Ursoc. Just wish the Druid plants were a daily reset like most other similar things in class halls.

Nice, congrats!

I'm destined to never get it.

I've almost convinced myself that I don't want it anymore.

Here's a question. Looking at getting my guild to sell Heroic EN in the next week or two, but dunno what people price it at.

PM me if you currently do this and have prices.

So is a 250-ish average score alright for a rdps starting out with Withered Training? I try and play carefully, pulling small mobs or single targets, keeping my Withered in ranged/follow mode and only push the "oh shit" button when I'm facing the arcane mobs and my interrupts are on CD but it's basically a war of attrition. I try to get out as much damage as possible as quickly as possible to hold threat and use my two interrupts where appropriate but I still tend to lose units no matter how careful I am with pulls.

I basically can reach the same point where Leystalker Dro shows up (or he's always shown up in the same spot for me) and it's game over for that particular run. I've started just expending what Withered I have to take as many chests as I can in hopes of getting more item buffs for them (they have 35% more health, no longer run away when wounded, etc.), even if it means ending my run early.

Here's a question. Looking at getting my guild to sell Heroic EN in the next week or two, but dunno what people price it at.

PM me if you currently do this and have prices.

150k-350k depending on what you're offering.

150k for personal loot
250k for master loot and they get a couple pieces of their choosing(Up to you and your guild of how much loot you'll give up)

350k for master loot and them getting all loot pertaining to their class

So is a 250-ish average score alright for a rdps starting out with Withered Training? I try and play carefully, pulling small mobs or single targets, keeping my Withered in ranged/follow mode and only push the "oh shit" button when I'm facing the arcane mobs and my interrupts are on CD but it's basically a war of attrition. I try to get out as much damage as possible as quickly as possible to hold threat and use my two interrupts where appropriate but I still tend to lose units no matter how careful I am with pulls.

I basically can reach the same point where Leystalker Dro shows up (or he's always shown up in the same spot for me) and it's game over for that particular run. I've started just expending what Withered I have to take as many chests as I can in hopes of getting more item buffs for them (they have 35% more health, no longer run away when wounded, etc.), even if it means ending my run early.

Until you get all the upgrades (look up a map) then dont worry about score. Try and take in as many as possible, doesn't take long to farm up ancient mana.

People buy EN Heroic?

People buy everything. I think it's more about funneling gear at this point than anything else. And there are plenty of players out there with gold to spend who either don't have time to raid normally, or want loot for alts.

We could probably sell 4/7M at least very easily as well, probably even Xavius for Cutting Edge (Il'gynoth and Cenarius can be a struggle still, would be that much more difficult with a carry), but people still need gear and we're in the process of trialing new people as well and want to get logs on them.

If you miss the "opening" period for certain content, it can be difficult to find PUGs. I see more carries for sale than actual groups for Kara for example.

Tarazet

People buy EN Heroic?

Probably people who have always done it and don't realize how easy it was this time around. I mean, take a look at my character, notwithstanding the possible Underlight Angler:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ghostlands/Zubeldia/advanced

That item level is equivalent to being in full mythic EN gear. Yet only a handful of pieces came from Heroic raids - neck, shoulder, a trinket and one artifact relic. One is a titanforge with a socket out of a normal EN. A lot of them came from Mythic+ Arcway runs, which take about 15-20 minutes. There are two legendaries, one came from the emissary cache and one dropped from normal Cenarius.

Say what you will about the loot system in Legion. They absolutely nailed the sense of alternate progression this time around. There are a lot of ways to get geared up, and they're largely pretty enjoyable.

cdyhybrid

I haven't played for two weeks.

The grind for alternate artifact appearances got too tedious, and World Quests didn't have much value for me after I hit exalted with everything.

If you miss the "opening" period for certain content, it can be difficult to find PUGs. I see more carries for sale than actual groups for Kara for example.

Yep.

I just now got my AOTC for EN this last week on heroic. Not because I'm a bad player, but because I don't have a guild and because 95% of pugs require AOTC to get in.

I've been geared for EN heroic since the raid initially opened. -_-

It really sucks. I can't seem to get anything higher than normal for the raids. Haven't been able to get into a Kara group at all. Even tried hosting my own and no luck.

left my guild

because at the H Xavius, my BIS drops(890 titanforged), and they pull a 'oh you need this addon) that they briefly mentioned 2 weeks ago

fuck em

Ark

left my guild

because at the H Xavius, my BIS drops(890 titanforged), and they pull a 'oh you need this addon) that they briefly mentioned 2 weeks ago

fuck em

So many guilds fuck up loot distribution and it's hilarious. Some people really should never have any kind of authority. Sorry you had that happen to you, good luck with finding a better guild.

We're finally getting back to raiding tonight, although our two-week Christmas break was sorely needed for me :p

Did manage to create a pug and clear 3/7 Mythic in two hours last night though and got my bis neck titanforge to 895 from Ursoc thanks to a guildy that had Prydaz's lol. Been a while since I did a Mythic pug, but now it's back to guild raids :D

Skeletos311

I did the Diablo thing. You kill the Cow King at the cow level and he drops some stuff. He gave me some reusable hearthstones (portal scrolls), some buff items, and a guitar. When you use it, you just look like you're casting a spell, though. There is no guitar model. And it has a 66 min cooldown.

Second run on my Demon Hunter...Got Ashes of A'lar.

3 years farming it on my old main.

Weird now that I have no reason to go back there after doing it every week.

Farming Ashes of Al'ar sucks so bad

So much roleplaying in the Kael fight, the advisors just stunlock/disorient/silence you and it takes like two minutes for him to resurrect them, and then he has to power up for a minute

remove all that shit and let me kill him in 5 seconds

glad i dont have to farm Invincible anymore, Lich King rp and pre-sindragosa mobs suck ass. still gotta farm Dragon Soul mounts and thats the worst

Chris R

Farming Ashes of Al'ar sucks so bad

So much roleplaying in the Kael fight, the advisors just stunlock/disorient/silence you and it takes like two minutes for him to resurrect them, and then he has to power up for a minute

remove all that shit and let me kill him in 5 seconds

glad i dont have to farm Invincible anymore, Lich King rp and pre-sindragosa mobs suck ass. still gotta farm Dragon Soul mounts and thats the worst

I've been trying to farm Red Dragonscale Protector for my Shaman.

Sucks that I have to do it on shield using classes, and the Razorgore fight keeps killing himself over and over :( I've done it a few times though. Gonna try with a lower level warrior tonight to see if 82 is high enough to survive using just mop quest gear.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Sucks that I have to do it on shield using classes, and the Razorgore fight keeps killing himself over and over :

If by killing himself you mean drawing aggro, if you just move the camera over (While controlling him) and re-click the orb, it re-applies the MC buff, and drops his aggro table, thus the mobs all flock to you.

Unless you meant something else by it?

Top Bottom