• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Mupod

took their damn time with this one. I will likely need to fill in as a tank for our last Mythic EN run but I haven't had to tank in there since our first heroic clears (I tank mythic+ and kara regularly). Considering that on the PTR they have made some drastic changes to Blood DK it'll be...interesting.

I've been reading that they made Sephuz proc from Death Grip on immune targets, if this is true that's awesome and something to look forward to.

Lain

Guess I'll be able to get some will to level up my other characters with the ability to bring them all to AK20 right away.

Jag

Need to pick a leveling spec for Warrior at 100? Any thoughts? Leveled a Pally, DH, Bear and Blood tank already. Wondering if Prot is the way to go too.

Need to pick a leveling spec for Warrior at 100? Any thoughts? Leveled a Pally, DH, Bear and Blood tank already. Wondering if Prot is the way to go too.

From what I know, tank specs are the best for leveling because you can pull a lot and sustain and do aoe

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Guess I'll be able to get some will to level up my other characters with the ability to bring them all to AK20 right away.

What has me curious is if you have artifact research started on a fresh 110, and you do the +20 bonus, are your current ranks reset, or if you have them 'banked', can you keep them, and jump right up to 21 or 22

Early this morning I managed to find a group for Return to Karazhan. It was my first time going through it, as well as the first time for others, and we got fortunate enough to have a skilled player join us that was patient enough to help us along. Took four hours but we finished it. Got those quests finished and a nice trinket out of it. Really fun dungeon.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
From what I know, tank specs are the best for leveling because you can pull a lot and sustain and do aoe
They are less impressive on the leveling end with some of the damage nerfs. Most classes have access to DPS specs that are strong so I don't usually see the point. For Warrior you might as well level Arms.

v1perz53

I don't think so, maybe in 3 target cleave fights with Emalon's Charged Core. But Enhancement Shamans were most certainly going to be overtuned in Nighthold gear. Their scaling with increased Mastery was nuts.

Its definitely not overtuned. Enhancement is one of those specs that is very strong at low ilvls but it flattens out, just look at heroic vs mythic logs or even how it falls the higher you move up in percentile. The thing thats dumb is that they've overnerfed Hailstorm and its pretty much a dead talent if ptr goes live as is.

Hah, two posts back to back saying exactly opposite things. I have no idea about enh this expansion aside from the fact that it was satisfying to play while levelling my shaman.

Man, I'm pretty excited for the patch. My spec (Guardian) is getting some pretty sizeable nerfs but I'm still happy overall since both my niche use legendaries are getting buffed and will become quite good.

They are less impressive on the leveling end with some of the damage nerfs. Most classes have access to DPS specs that are strong so I don't usually see the point. For Warrior you might as well level Arms.

Area's aren't packed enough to easily pull tons of relevant quest mobs and aoe anyways.

Strimei

Got my second legendary on my monk alt, the wrists that extend the use of SEF by .6 seconds with each chi used. With the buffs/tweaks SEF gets in 7.1.5, I look forward to it!

edit: Also they just clarified on twitter that the Illidan questline is not required to upgrade legendaries as some thought.

Lomax

Is there any official word on the tokens to battle.net credit change or did they quietly kill that? No mention of it anywhere on the release information but the official patch notes aren't up yet that I can find either.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Yo Blizz, can we opted out of getting the new legendaries? Cus the Warrior one is straight up trash and I don't wanna get that piece of junk.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yo Blizz, can we opted out of getting the new legendaries? Cus the Warrior one is straight up trash and I don't wanna get that piece of junk.
The new DPS trinket should be good for Arms. Dunno, I lucked out and got my third legendary today, the second being the best possible and the third being the next best.

Epix

To my fellow rets out there: any thoughts on how the buffed 7.1.5 Chain of Thrayn will stack up against the nerfed cloak and ring?

Dugna

To my fellow rets out there: any thoughts on how the buffed 7.1.5 Chain of Thrayn will stack up against the nerfed cloak and ring?

Belt is looking to be BiS when mixed with covergence of fates, more Crusades with that trinket while also having buffed crusades means tons of dmg. Cloak is the overall better 2nd vs the ring.

Tarazet

Hah, two posts back to back saying exactly opposite things. I have no idea about enh this expansion aside from the fact that it was satisfying to play while levelling my shaman.

Man, I'm pretty excited for the patch. My spec (Guardian) is getting some pretty sizeable nerfs but I'm still happy overall since both my niche use legendaries are getting buffed and will become quite good.

Shadow Priest overshadows everything else in Mythic raid logs. They got helped more by ToV whereas Enhancement BiS drops are still almost all from TEN, plus they have the strongest DPS cooldown in the game at the moment.

that's lame, so the goblin place was just camped by the opposite faction and we died and it booted us.

Why isn't it a separate instance?

Rather bummed out, I bought WoW, returning to the game since I quit right before Lich King and my buddy tells me theres a referral bonus of 3x XP. =( Makes the grind a little tougher to swallow lol

carlsojo

Rather bummed out, I bought WoW, returning to the game since I quit right before Lich King and my buddy tells me theres a referral bonus of 3x XP. =( Makes the grind a little tougher to swallow lol

Honestly if you guys message customer service you could probably get the bonus. Although I thought RAF only applied to new accounts.

erawsd

I'm not sure where his info is coming from, I have not seen anything that would suggest that. I'm just looking at trends on warcraftlogs.

Mothman91

Attempting M Odyn.........jeez this fight is so damn long lol. 2 attempts into 3rd phase.........auto wipe within the first stack mechanic.

I can see why people said M EN undertuned while M ToV was overtuned.

The Kirin Tor world quests range from being tolerable to fucking annoying. Although I find World Quests are wearing pretty thin in general and I'm only 80-ish% to Revered with most factions and probably half way through the first part of the Suramar storyline.

Emissary Caches only provide me with vendor trash to DE and the only thing that makes Kirin Tor ones worthwhile are the added rep gains you can choose.

Strimei

I enjoy the Kirin Tor ones myself if only for being a bit quirky, though the wonkiness on the one that has you dashing through the air in places gets to me (particularly teh one in highmountain).

I've gotten almost all my legendaries from the emissary caches so I do it for that, but I'm letting some slide now as time goes on, especially when its in Highmountain as I really do not like that zone much.

Lain

I enjoy the Kirin Tor ones myself if only for being a bit quirky, though the wonkiness on the one that has you dashing through the air in places gets to me (particularly teh one in highmountain).

I find the one in Highmountain especially annoying becuase of all the invisible walls acting as fail states. If all the Like The Wind were in the same vein as the one in Valsharah, I'd like it more. That one is short with the invisible walls being less of a problem.

I just completed Like The Wind in Higmountain, it was particularly awful hitting collision walls in the middle of the air and resetting on that long tedious drop down. I even had the quest glitch out on me as I was about to complete that large slow fall and was inches away from the next platform checkpoint only to be thrown high into the air, lose almost all of my health and get reset to the previous platform.

Strimei

I find the one in Highmountain especially annoying becuase of all the invisible walls acting as fail states. If all the Like The Wind were in the same vein as the one in Valsharah, I'd like it more. That one is short with the invisible walls being less of a problem.

That's what was getting me the most. That and the whole vertical-ness of it just makes it very easy to screw up even though it should be fine. Its not even a challenge, really. I like the ones in Val'sharah and Azsuna better.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Emissary Caches only provide me with vendor trash to DE and the only thing that makes Kirin Tor ones worthwhile are the added rep gains you can choose.

I'm really, REALLY hoping that Blizz ups the 'max' ilevel ceiling for WQ loot once nighthold drops - or at least, when mythic opens up.

Otherwise, the whole catchup mechanism of the 'gear' part falls flat on its face.

Mothman91

Anyone familiar with Holy Priests with the new patch coming out? I haven't checked any vids of the sorts. Wanted to know how we are once patch hits next week.

Anyone familiar with Holy Priests with the new patch coming out? I haven't checked any vids of the sorts. Wanted to know how we are once patch hits next week.
It's yet to be determined, but holy priest are either getting nerfed or their healing style will change.

-Trail of Light is receiving a significant nerf, it will no longer double dip on vers/crit and no longer has a double chance to proc BoT.
-Prayer of Healing is no longer a smart heal, its healing and reach is being buffed, but it's a poor trade off. This change could end up being a buff though.
-Benediction proc rate nerfed by 10%, but piety is now a much better talent with 2 second cd reduction to Prayer of Mending as well as its former effect.

Desperate Prayer is being made baseline, which is a much needed survivability buff.

Two of our legionaries are being buffed, the boots are now much better, and the GS ring is also becoming much stronger.

biaxident

Got a lot of guild drama brewing, the entire raiding core (including myself) are about to break off and form a new guild for nighthold. Just can't deal with our absent tee GM who shows up like a dictator and messing with the chemistry. Talked to all of our raiders and everyone is in complete agreement, so full blown mutiny coming this weekend. I feel bad cause his last officers did the same thing, but he just has that angry dictator personality that just doesn't mesh with anyone.

In other news, I'm hyped for shadow changes regarding 5 mans, much less ramp up and both dots applying, good stuff.

Shahadan

I skipped the suramar questline on my alt at first and just completed most of it now at AK 22 because I needed AP.

My alt is now ahead of my main. Holy shit.

Got a lot of guild drama brewing, the entire raiding core (including myself) are about to break off and form a new guild for nighthold. Just can't deal with our absent tee GM who shows up like a dictator and messing with the chemistry. Talked to all of our raiders and everyone is in complete agreement, so full blown mutiny coming this weekend. I feel bad cause his last officers did the same thing, but he just has that angry dictator personality that just doesn't mesh with anyone.

In other news, I'm hyped for shadow changes regarding 5 mans, much less ramp up and both dots applying, good stuff.

Yeah, thats why I left my last guild. I had people message me afterwards telling me it was messed up how they screwed me over lol.

The new guild is beyond decent. Interesting to see where it goes from here...

...hopefully fire mages dont get hit too hard.

Mothman91

It's yet to be determined, but holy priest are either getting nerfed or their healing style will change.

-Trail of Light is receiving a significant nerf, it will no longer double dip on vers/crit and no longer has a double chance to proc BoT.
-Prayer of Healing is no longer a smart heal, its healing and reach is being buffed, but it's a poor trade off. This change could end up being a buff though.
-Benediction proc rate nerfed by 10%, but piety is now a much better talent with 2 second cd reduction to Prayer of Mending as well as its former effect.

Desperate Prayer is being made baseline, which is a much needed survivability buff.

Two of our legionaries are being buffed, the boots are now much better, and the GS ring is also becoming much stronger.

So if my crit % is like 30%, my trail of light flash heal won't have that crit % right? Even though I feel like we are flash heal bots I didn't mind........but that is definitely a nerf.

v1perz53

Huh just learned that mouseover macros that mark your mouseover target with raid icons work for the Kirin Tor barrel WQ. Makes that one a lot easier...

Top Bottom