• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

HowZatOZ

Banned
What's the best way to farm order resources? Got my third legendary, the resto belt and still haven't bothered to get the last three tiers in order hall.

Lomax

What's the best way to farm order resources? Got my third legendary, the resto belt and still haven't bothered to get the last three tiers in order hall.

Farm anything that gives Blood of Sargeras and trade those for resource boxes (and they're BoA so you can do that on all your characters). Otherwise you're limited to whatever world quests/emissary chests are available or picking up any treasures you've not gotten. Of course, getting those three tiers also takes 36 days in addition to the resources and there's nothing that speeds that up any.

Corpekata

Banned
There's follower equipment that gives you order resources for every WQ. Stick it on one you can have assigned to you. Small amount, but it adds up over time, especially if you get the rare or higher versions of it.

Farm anything that gives Blood of Sargeras and trade those for resource boxes (and they're BoA so you can do that on all your characters). Otherwise you're limited to whatever world quests/emissary chests are available or picking up any treasures you've not gotten. Of course, getting those three tiers also takes 36 days in addition to the resources and there's nothing that speeds that up any.

There's follower equipment that gives you order resources for every WQ. Stick it on one you can have assigned to you. Small amount, but it adds up over time, especially if you get the rare or higher versions of it.

if you do those you're sacrificing a lot of money making opportunities though.

i just do lots of order resource world quests and i can afford all my missions and the 7k for the seals every week

Lomax

if you do those you're sacrificing a lot of money making opportunities though.

i just do lots of order resource world quests and i can afford all my missions and the 7k for the seals every week

Well yeah, but if you need to crunch for resources fast it's one of the only options. Resources are actually somewhat limited until you reach the point you don't need to do any more upgrades, then they become really common like you said.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Its bizarre they don't have a catch up mechanic like AK for the order hall tiers, especially if they want people to have legendaries so badly. I'll give your suggestion a go, don't really care about money making anymore as I've got my alchemy to where I can make my own flasks so I'm good there.

Made an orc warrior on an RP server, Wyrmrest Accord NA, out of morbid curiosity, and leveled it to Orgrimmar quick-like. It is weird how downright polite people are towards each other in trade versus the normal PVE servers I've played on.

Moff

Made an orc warrior on an RP server, Wyrmrest Accord NA, out of morbid curiosity, and leveled it to Orgrimmar quick-like. It is weird how downright polite people are towards each other in trade versus the normal PVE servers I've played on.
Its the reason I always go rp in mmos.
No one actually does rp but it scares the kids away.

Lain

Killed my second (by second I mean in total, 1 yesterday, 1 today) cow king today and I wasn't able to loot at all. I thought it was 1 kill per day per character, or I got it wrong?

Jag

Killed my second (by second I mean in total, 1 yesterday, 1 today) cow king today and I wasn't able to loot at all. I thought it was 1 kill per day per character, or I got it wrong?

No one is getting loot for the second kill. It may be one kill per character, but no one really knows. Need to farm goblins for the other tomes.

So much "report for spamming" action from me last night on trade on our PvE server to shut up the folks doing the usual vitriolic politics discussion.

strafer

Speak for yourself, I did some serious roleplaying by myself during wotlk..I was playing a Orc Death Knight who freed himself and was living in the Hinterlands.

A couple of people were discussing how to properly rp a gladiator for a few minutes, without insulting each other! And no one was having a half-baked political argument. I don't any interest in rp but it was damned refreshing to not have to instantly leave the public chat channels upon first entering a major faction hub.

So much "report for spamming" action from me last night on trade on our PvE server to shut up the folks doing the usual vitriolic politics discussion.

I just leave public chat channels when I have nothing to broadcast for sale. I used to try and report the more vitriolic people in trade/general but you're sort of just fighting the tide.

Chris R

If by killing himself you mean drawing aggro, if you just move the camera over (While controlling him) and re-click the orb, it re-applies the MC buff, and drops his aggro table, thus the mobs all flock to you.

Unless you meant something else by it?

I'll have to try that next time. This last time I did it by clicking the orb from the floor and moving him up behind the orb as far back as he can be. Then you wait the 2 minutes while all the mobs spawn and aggro me instead of Razorgore.

Only problem was something was causing the mobs damage so when they die they respawn. Still did it with like 60% hp left unlike the first time when he got down to like 20 before I got the last egg after wiping 5 times.

edit: Just did it on an 88 pally, zero issues with the creeps dying like they were with my shaman. I guess I need to replace my http://www.wowhead.com/item=131773/flamescale-mail on my shaman before my instance resets next week lol

Can you get relics from bgs/arenas like the rest of the random gear?

Because rng is being a bitch for me and my shadow relic is still 793 two days after hitting 110 even after doing plenty of wq and hcs.

I play on an RP-PvP server (Emerald Dream) and trade chat is so bad that I had to leave it. But RP-PvP might be a different dynamic than just RP servers.

At least the World PvP is good, I guess?

Nere

I am not a mythic raid so I might not know well but why is blizzard buffing enchancement shamans? We got 4 enchancement shamans in our heroic guild and 2-3 of them are constantly on top, I can't even imagine them with a 15% buff. Enlighten me please because I don't see them needing a 15% buff, I want to know if I am off or blizzard is.

I am not a mythic raid so I might not know well but why is blizzard buffing enchancement shamans? We got 4 enchancement shamans in our heroic guild and 2-3 of them are constantly on top, I can't even imagine them with a 15% buff. Enlighten me please because I don't see them needing a 15% buff, I want to know if I am off or blizzard is.

You are only looking at aura effects and not everything else. From the top of my head, Ancestral Swiftness and Hailstorm are both receiving significant nerfs and as an agility spec they are also losing 5 percent crit overall.

I play on an RP-PvP server (Emerald Dream) and trade chat is so bad that I had to leave it. But RP-PvP might be a different dynamic than just RP servers.

At least the World PvP is good, I guess?

It could've simply been because it was late at night, the dynamic could be different during the day. Dunno how invested I am in leveling a new toon on an RP server but I might keep doing it when I've got Legion Pathfinder/Loremaster/Order Hall junk done for the day just to see if I like the vibe there more versus what I've encountered on Dalaran, Hyjal and Proudmoore.

Faiz

Ok, so I've seen it said time and time again that progress in Suramar is only gated behind rep with Nightfallen.

But apparently that's not true: to complete A Growing Crisis and open A Change of Seasons, you apparently have to finish the Stuff of Dreams which requires doing Emerald Nightmare.

So... someone tell me I'm reading this wrong. Wife and I are exalted but only get about an hour at a time to play so Raids are pretty much out.

Ok, so I've seen it said time and time again that progress in Suramar is only gated behind rep with Nightfallen.

But apparently that's not true: to complete A Growing Crisis and open A Change of Seasons, you apparently have to finish the Stuff of Dreams which requires doing Emerald Nightmare.

So... someone tell me I'm reading this wrong. Wife and I are exalted but only get about an hour at a time to play so Raids are pretty much out.

Doing 1 raid wing in LFR takes like 20 minutes. I'm pretty sure all story related quests can be done on LFR.

Faiz

Doing 1 raid wing in LFR takes like 20 minutes.

If that's all it is that's fine but seems kinda shitty to dump even an LFR raid after getting what you need. Assuming that's even done first?

Is it done first even?

Keep in mind I'm not even complaining about a raid requirement here, just trying to make sure I've got this straight as, like I said, I've seen people say multiple times that progress in Suramar is only gated behind rep.

Edit oh wait, I see. You queue for the wings individually and Xavius is the only encounter in that wing. Totally different story, then.

Strimei

If that's all it is that's fine but seems kinda shitty to dump even an LFR raid after getting what you need. Assuming that's even done first?

Is it done first even?

Keep in mind I'm not even complaining about a raid requirement here, just trying to make sure I've got this straight as, like I said, I've seen people say multiple times that progress in Suramar is only gated behind rep.

The quest requires you to kill Xavius, who is the final boss of the whole raid, but final bosses of a raid in LFR are always set aside in their own "wing", so you won't be leaving the raid with bosses still to go.

Faiz

The quest requires you to kill Xavius, who is the final boss of the whole raid, but final bosses of a raid in LFR are always set aside in their own "wing", so you won't be leaving the raid with bosses still to go.

Yeah just figured that out. Sorry, we didn't play since mid-Cata till now so a lot of this is new.

Strimei

Yeah just figured that out. Sorry, we didn't play since mid-Cata till now so a lot of this is new.

No worries.

I can promise you nobody cares in LFR at all even if you did leave.

Nobody cares if you go sit in a corner in LFR.

There are some, like myself, who do try and keep an eye out for lazy bums like that, actually, heh. Go ahead and afk on the boss itself if you want, but at least try and keep up appearances.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Yay, Mythic Guarm down! Got the debuff twice and the second time my dispell was a bit slow, so my execute stacks dropped but I still got rank 22, so I guess that's not THAT bad.

Heroic Helya frustrates me so much because my guild could easily down it (we have gotten super close a few times) but ToV is kinda an afterthought to many and we usually just do a fast run after our farm of 4 mythic bosses in EN and dedicate like 30 mins on Helya per reset and it's always the thing that just when people get everything figured out again the raid is over.

And I'm a little bummed that a few people really don't want us to make hard effort on progressing mythic Ilgynoth just because we have no shaman/disc healer to cheese the blobs. Just that effect of ''what's the point of progression when new raid is coming'' I guess.

vocab

They are overtuned and are getting their talents nerfed. Hailstorm was fucking dumb.

Costia

Haven't played for a while and want to start again from level 1.
My previous mains were an enh. shaman and an affliction warlock.
Thinking of starting a mage since i never got far with them in previous expansions.
Any suggestions for picking or avoiding specific classes?

Edit: did blizzard fix the pets? i was playing a hunter fora bit as well, but the pet's pathing was infuriating. (i.e. not jumping after you and agroing everything)

glaurung

Edit: did blizzard fix the pets? i was playing a hunter fora bit as well, but the pet's pathing was infuriating. (i.e. not jumping after you and agroing everything)
Pets can still draw unwanted aggro every now and then. It's not something Blizzard would be able to fix due to the nature of pets.

Most of the new dungeons are built in a manner where this is not an issue - unless you are trying to sneak past things you shouldn't.

Raid design has undergone similar changes, most of the trash mobs you encounter need to be killed anyway.

Nokterian

Why are people not working together to kill those goblins? I mean do they not know you need to be fast before they are gone? fuck..i want that achievement...

Why are people not working together to kill those goblins? I mean do they not know you need to be fast before they are gone? fuck..i want that achievement...

What achievement? Just go to dalaran sewers there's people killing them 24/7 and they spawn every couple mins.

Tarazet

[Enhancement] are overtuned and are getting their talents nerfed. Hailstorm was fucking dumb.

I don't think so, maybe in 3 target cleave fights with Emalon's Charged Core. But Enhancement Shamans were most certainly going to be overtuned in Nighthold gear. Their scaling with increased Mastery was nuts.

erawsd

You are only looking at aura effects and not everything else. From the top of my head, Ancestral Swiftness and Hailstorm are both receiving significant nerfs and as an agility spec they are also losing 5 percent crit overall.

Yeah, compared to the top spec on live enhancement will be losing 10% crit and ~40% of its Hailstorm damage, which all adds up to a pretty large nerf. Even with the 15% aura buff I believe the theorycraft/sims has the spec down overall.

They are overtuned and are getting their talents nerfed. Hailstorm was fucking dumb.

Its definitely not overtuned. Enhancement is one of those specs that is very strong at low ilvls but it flattens out, just look at heroic vs mythic logs or even how it falls the higher you move up in percentile. The thing thats dumb is that they've overnerfed Hailstorm and its pretty much a dead talent if ptr goes live as is.

Nokterian

Warlock Affliction is just to OP when it comes to solo content or in general..i mean i can stand all day and not die (well almost) but soul leech,siphon life and drain life with all the dots do all the work for me.

Top Bottom