• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

So I was leveling a female alt today

irg0CC2.jpg

and this happened to me. While I couldn't help but lol at the theatrics of this guy to call me a bitch and log out immediately, I feel bad for all the woman that experience this stuff irl

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
finally got a 3rd legendary. the beast mastery hunter belt. something that might actually affect my dps.

i forgot to save my other 880 haste/mastery ring so im stuck with a 875 crit/mastery ring with a socket. last one didnt have a socket so i guess its a wash.

irg0CC2.jpg

and this happened to me. While I couldn't help but lol at the theatrics of this guy to call me a bitch and log out immediately, I feel bad for all the woman that experience this stuff irl

lol

Tarazet

Any experienced resto shaman around? What are the talents I should choose?

For what kind of content? There's a lot of good stuff in the Resto Shaman tree, but it's not good in every situation. The raiding, dungeon and PvP builds are dramatically different.

Ark

I've decided that I'm going level a hunter. But I can't decide whether to go with gnome or dwarf. I've never had a dwarf character before, so I'm leaning dwarf, but at the same times gnomes are absolutely hilarious.

Help.

I mean

Isn't that simply the 5% damage increase?(Or related statistic).

It's like...eh? Really? Complaining about that? That's nothing.

Above 35. So a .5% increase up to 54 (i think)

Now imagine trying to compete against that without grinding out the ass. Its also coming out of nowhere like "Oh we changed our minds btw. Hope you didn't stop grinding!"

Above 35. So a .5% increase up to 54 (i think)

Now imagine trying to compete against that without grinding out the ass. Its also coming out of nowhere like "Oh we changed our minds btw. Hope you didn't stop grinding!"

It doesn't scale linearly each level. I think it caps out at 10%ish? Maybe even 8% iirc?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Reckful is currently re-streaming some VODs from 2012 and it's making me super nostalgic for the old Arms.

Jonke

Neo Member
My Paladin have had the worst luck since the expansion launch when it comes to loot drops but my Disc Priest covers up for it. Going from fresh 110 to ilvl 855~ in one reset + the plea legendary chest.

I don't feel super comfortable with the spec so haven't done any endgame yet. It's fun but stressful at times.

Lain

Speaking of Prydaz, I thought the increase to the shield was for everyone, but it's for non-tanks only? Somewhat disappointing.

strafer

irg0CC2.jpg

Yeah, been there my friend. I just ignore them. I had one follow me around for around 15 minutes which was super creepy. He didn't do or say anything, he was just hoovering over me with a flying mount.

Magnus

It's instant AK20 for alts that I'm most excited about in this patch, haha. That and Brawler's Guild I guess.

WTB now, instead of in 5 hours... :(

edit- wait, they're allowing the flat damage/armor/healing increases from 35+ AF talents into PVP? lol

Mupod

Well, PVP is a really good way to get tons of AP. It mostly sucks for people who play a different spec in PVP than PVE, much like those of us who play different specs in different types of PVE.

Magnus

I think so, specially for 5 mans.

I've read that shadow crash is apparently really good now, and a viable option.

Huh, I felt it already was, and regularly spec into it for 5-mans of any difficulty, as well as general questing of course. It's so powerful. Just need it on a lower CD.

I've had that happen to me once. I was even on a Male character, but maybe they didn't know that since my name is gender neutral. (It's Jadefang if Alliance on Sargeras want to party sometime.)

They talked about some interesting stuff, strong fetish things. Whenever they went to far and I said stop it, they told me to not be triggered so easily. Yeah, sure.

Anyway, after talking to thus guy for over an hour, I was bored and even though it was weird I still found it somewhat interesting, they finally asked if I was a girl or not.

"are you male or female"
"I'm a dude."
"awkward"

So after all of that, they stop talking to me. Honestly found that hilarious since they didn't ask that first off and 'wasted' all that time.

That being said, going over this again and seeing that tells me I really should of reported that guy. Probably does that shit all the time. If I can remember the name, or have a similar encounter, I will from now on.

For those that have to put up with this daily, or at least way more often than I do, you have my condolences. Hope that's the right word.

finally got a 3rd legendary. the beast mastery hunter belt. something that might actually affect my dps.

i forgot to save my other 880 haste/mastery ring so im stuck with a 875 crit/mastery ring with a socket. last one didnt have a socket so i guess its a wash.

Have you tried item restore?
Should let you get your ring back if you think it'll be better.

edit- wait, they're allowing the flat damage/armor/healing increases from 35+ AF talents into PVP? lol

Yep, hoping they reverse this decision once they realize how badly the PvP community hates it. It's already really small compared to the past because there's so little motivation to do it unless you're good - moves like this only makes it smaller.

I'd prefer if it was just the first 34, but I could deal with the 35th working. Beyond that, though, is insane. I liked that once I hit around ~30 I was usually maxed out on my damage since the other talents are AoE focused and irrelevant in PvP.

It basically just makes me want to hit 2k on a character for the elite gear and then stop.

Mupod

I wonder if they messed around with legendary drop rates behind the scenes. I've got 2 months of bad luck protection saved up for those sindragosa pants.

Might not even need more legendaries though. Sephuz is gonna be awesome. I heard rumors that it procs off of Death Grip on immune mobs...any truth there? Likewise, Frost DKs can dispel themselves with AMS, does that trigger it?

Tarazet

Anyone roll Frost Mage in 5 mans that can comment on viability and issues? It seems like Fire is the only thing that exists in high level M+.

I accidentally got a sub legendary (shuriken cloak) on my main while PvPing this past weekend. Was annoyed (and pretty sure I had Outlaw set as loot spec, but whatever) and thought I wouldn't get a relevant one for months.

Got the Outlaw boots out of my cache just now. Actually have to figure out what combo is going to be best since Sephuz is crazy and bracers were nerfed from 400 to 200.

For the record, they are ilvl 910.

edit: Artifact alt catchup.

Do not start research on an alt without using the catchup first. I bought the catchup to 20 for my mage and I only have her at 18, I assume because of the two notes I'm researching. One will be done in 30 minutes, so I'll be 19 at least.

Just use the catchup item first.

Epix

I accidentally got a sub legendary (shuriken cloak) on my main while PvPing this past weekend. Was annoyed (and pretty sure I had Outlaw set as loot spec, but whatever) and thought I wouldn't get a relevant one for months.

Got the Outlaw boots out of my cache just now. Actually have to figure out what combo is going to be best since Sephuz is crazy and bracers were nerfed from 400 to 200.

For the record, they are ilvl 910.

edit: Artifact alt catchup.

Do not start research on an alt without using the catchup first. I bought the catchup to 20 for my mage and I only have her at 18, I assume because of the two notes I'm researching. One will be done in 30 minutes, so I'll be 19 at least.

Just use the catchup item first.

So new legendaries are dropping at 910, not 940?

So new legendaries are dropping at 910, not 940?

Mine did at least. Maybe it's a misunderstanding or bug, or maybe it has something to do with your weekly cache. Dunno.

edit: Somebody on my server can't wear their 895 titanforged PvP chest anymore because it has a ""Horde only" restriction on it now.

Anyone roll Frost Mage in 5 mans that can comment on viability and issues? It seems like Fire is the only thing that exists in high level M+.

I play frost in heroics. It works pretty well and single target damage is good but I imagine the low AoE and relatively poor cleave damage would be a bigger issue in mythics.

Blizzard with that last minute rogue 3x Vendetta relic nerf le sigh.

I just saw this. I don't play Assassin but this is some serious bullshit.

Nerfing things is fine. The way they blindside people with that at the last minute is insane though.

For those that don't know, this relic is worth like 35-40 ilvls if you have three of them, so people have been destroying 880+ relics once they can get 3 low level ones with this trait.

Did anyone else get the "Adventurer of Highmountain" achievement after logging in today? I had been stuck on that one for quite awhile now because one of the rares never seemed to spawn.

Mothman91

General weak auras help. I imported a weak aura and it only pops up when I'm in combat. Anyone know how to have it so it's always showing?

edit: nvm i found it.

Top Bottom