• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

I'm sure rogues are fun and all but my main is a pure dps class, I don't want to roll another, particularly a melee only, and need a class that can tank and/or heal. It was a toss up between a prot warrior and guardian druid, and travel form was what ultimately won out since I don't have any water striders.

Guardian is really nice to be while in Suramar. Even that elite area isn't much of an issue as long as you don't overpull.

I'm sure rogues are fun and all but my main is a pure dps class, I don't want to roll another, particularly a melee only, and need a class that can tank and/or heal. It was a toss up between a prot warrior and guardian druid, and travel form was what ultimately won out since I don't have any water striders.
Ah, fair enough, especially if you're going to use them as a gathering character too.

All this really makes me think is that Rogues should get a viable ranged DPS spec.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Anyone else getting stuck in combat? Not sure if its just in the Suramar zone but so far I can't really do much and its quite annoying. Hearthing fixed it but as soon as I came back to the zone and got into combat I now can't leave it.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Anyone else getting stuck in combat? Not sure if its just in the Suramar zone but so far I can't really do much and its quite annoying. Hearthing fixed it but as soon as I came back to the zone and got into combat I now can't leave it.

It's been happening all xpack and it hasn't been addressed as far as I can tell.

vocab

Mythic ToV is so hard 😭😭 we get sooo close to killing odyn then someone blows us all up by being out of position in phase 3. The first two phases are just pointlessly long. Man I hate that raid.

Had to vent somewhere. I am looking forward to spamming flamestrike in the next patch.

They nerfed it though. Fight is wayyy easier than it was week 1.

Faiz

I just wish there was more control over Roll the Bones. I've thought it would be cool if it worked like BlackJack. Each concurrent roll makes the buff better but after you have three or four, you have a high chance to 'bust' and start over. Maybe that would be too good or whatever but it would fix me feeling like an ass for the first minute of a fight stuck rolling 1s.

I kinda just want the %s weighted more towards rolling 2, making 1-rolls a lower chance that seldom has to be rerolled to fix. Rolling 1s over and over and over is literally the only real problem I have with Outlaw. :/

Jag

That's odd that hearthing didn't fix it. I thought deselecting the dead mob would fix it, but not if hearthing doesn't.

Mupod

guild can't figure out Dragons so I guess that's as far as we're getting in EN. Looking forward to Nighthold, but I wonder how many undocumented surprises await me tomorrow. Their Blood DK changes on the PTR seemed ridiculous and poorly thought-out, but at least it'll be a change of pace.

Fjordson

I just started getting this the last few days, so annoying.

I was getting it in Draenor last night while leveling my Warlock and had to hearth to fix it like four times within an hour.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Yeah, this has been an annoying problem with Legion.

I would rather run Tanaan multiple times on different characters a day than do one more day of Suramar, World Quests and Withered Training. You either got something or nothing (yay, 300 oil!) in a much more condensed time frame in Tanaan versus Suramar/WQ/WT.

Withered Training you're supposed to fail by design over and over and over again until rng provides you with all of the upgrades for your Withered units. Not fun. I've been doing this fairly consistently, gotten nothing but vendor trash and minor rep gains. The reward for doing World Quests falls off pretty quickly. I wish Emissary Cache rewards scaled with your character so that they actually held something useful or worthwhile. I would mind the repetitive design of the world quests less if they led to something worthwhile but they don't. I don't like Suramar, at first it's impressive that it basically has the scale and population of an actual city and then you quickly realise how much of a pain in the ass it is to navigate. You need all of those warp points and flight masters whistle just to make it tolerable to get around.

Also I don't get why the Burning Legion needs to rely on a bunch of magical crackheads who basically can't leave their own city for more than a day or two with what we saw on the Broken Shore scenario. The Legion were basically teleporting in a massive and unstoppable army and need to rely on the Nightfallen because of reasons?

Tarazet

I would rather run Tanaan multiple times on different characters a day than do one more day of Suramar, World Quests and Withered Training. You either got something or nothing (yay, 300 oil!) in a much more condensed time frame in Tanaan versus Suramar/WQ/WT.

Withered Training you're supposed to fail by design over and over and over again until rng provides you with all of the upgrades for your Withered units. Not fun. I've been doing this fairly consistently, gotten nothing but vendor trash and minor rep gains. The reward for doing World Quests falls off pretty quickly. I wish Emissary Cache rewards scaled with your character so that they actually held something useful or worthwhile. I would mind the repetitive design of the world quests less if they led to something worthwhile but they don't. I don't like Suramar, at first it's impressive that it basically has the scale and population of an actual city and then you quickly realise how much of a pain in the ass it is to navigate. You need all of those warp points and flight masters whistle just to make it tolerable to get around.

Suramar is fine to navigate, once you realize the best way down is in a straight line from the road at the northwest entrance. For the eastern part of the city, just keep going through and water strider over. You do have a water strider, don't you? Because if you don't have a strider or some form of water walking, this expansion sucks balls for you.

Tamanon

Banned
Didn't notice Demonic was extended to 8 seconds. I have the legendary that lowers Eye Beam cool down for each blast......On trash I might be constant demon form now :)

Oh man, I forgot that Engineering was getting a big buff! That'll be great for sure.

Good news / bad news is that while Headshot does way more damage, sounds like it shares the potion cool down.

So every Mage spec has had their flavour of mage armor removed. Not certain what to make of all the changes to the shields for each spec. As an Arcane Mage, Mana Shield does not sound like it's a talent I would even want to touch.

Prismatic Barrier has no cooldown, but drains your mana for 50% of the damage it absorbs.

So we're losing what passive damage mitigation the class has and getting riskier active damage mitigation?

Suramar is fine to navigate, once you realize the best way down is in a straight line from the road at the northwest entrance. For the eastern part of the city, just keep going through and water strider over. You do have a water strider, don't you? Because if you don't have a strider or some form of water walking, this expansion sucks balls for you.

No water strider. Only water mount I have is the Dark Water Skate, which isn't as useful. Which is why I'm rolling a Druid and probably a Shaman after. Travel Form and Water Walking seem like musts to get around in Legion pre-flight.

Oh man, I forgot that Engineering was getting a big buff! That'll be great for sure.

Good news / bad news is that while Headshot does way more damage, sounds like it shares the potion cool down.
Yes, it shares a cooldown with Gunpowder charges. This is fine really. It saves money having to constantly craft more gunpowder charges. I currently have gunpowder charges macro'd to Mortal Strike, so once I craft the new 880ilvl helmet, I will simply macro the helmet's /use to Mortal Strike and remove the gunpowder macro.

Being able to simultaneously fire off headshot, a gunpowder charge, and a mortal strike, would have been ridiculously OP.

So every Mage spec has had their flavour of mage armor removed.

No water strider. Only water mount I have is the Dark Water Skate, which isn't as useful. Which is why I'm rolling a Druid and probably a Shaman after. Travel Form and Water Walking seem like musts to get around in Legion pre-flight.

water strider isnt that bad to get. just gotta do fishing dailies in pandaria. Then you get the double rep gain at honored to help out w/ the last part. Can also do the jade serpent dailies while you're there

Nokterian

How so? Did they make most talents baseline so we have more then 4 abilities and Agony stacks to 20 naturally so its not a joke?

They replaced a bunch of stuff and made some new stuff.

Affliction
Drain Soul is now learned at level 13.
New Affliction talent at level 15: Malefic Grasp.
While channeling Drain Soul, your damage-over-time spells deal 20% increased damage to the target.
Contagion bonus is now 18% (was 12%).
New talent at level 30: Empowered Life Tap
Life Tap increases your damage dealt by 10% for 20 seconds.
Grimoire of Synergy bonus is now 25% (was 35%).
Haunt cooldown is now 30 seconds (was 15 seconds) and Haunt now also increases damage by 30%.
Seed of Corruption damage is now 215% (was 138%).
Seed of Corruption now costs 1 Soul Shard (was 4.5% mana).
Sow the Seeds adds 2 targets (was 4) and no longer adds a Soul Shard cost.

Drain Life is removed it is Drain Soul as it should be and Malefic Grasp is one i do want to take.

Nere

Worst patch notes ever, "The damage done by most *insert spec here* abilities has been increased." Very useful patch notes good job blizzard.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The damage done by most Fury abilities has been increased 5%.
Dragon Roar increases your damage done by 16% (was 20%).
Fresh Meat increases Bloodthirst’s critical strike chance by 60% (was 40%).
Frothing Berserker increases damage done by 15% (was 10%).
Outburst now also reduces the cooldown of Berserker Rage by 15 seconds (previously did not reduce the cooldown).
Reckless Abandon now also increases the duration of Battle Cry by 2 seconds (previously did not increase the duration).
War Machine lasts 15 seconds (was 10 seconds).
Wrecking Ball increases the damage of your next Whirlwind by 250% (was 200%).

The one talent people take for mythics+ is now slightly better, the one talent everyone always uses is now nerfed so everyone will now take the other one and shitty talents are still shit.

Are there other specs that got nothing like with Fury?

Strimei

Hit 110 on my shaman yesterday and started gearing up to take up the healing role for my small guild.

Today I got a legendary from the emissary, Elemental Rebalancers.

God damn, what luck I have. Like seriously, I hit 110 yesterday. It took weeks for my main and other alts toget a legendary, but I got one the day after cap.

With their racial herb skill, mining enchant on their gloves, and inability to get dazed, they'll have the best of all the worlds!

Plus obnoxiously huge weapons and mounts! Think I'll roll a Tauren Enhancement Shaman once I've leveled the Druid.

Is flying tomrorow?

Get ready for Pathfinder Part 2, electric bugaloo!

582913.jpg

Top Bottom