• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Got a lot of guild drama brewing, the entire raiding core (including myself) are about to break off and form a new guild for nighthold. Just can't deal with our absent tee GM who shows up like a dictator and messing with the chemistry. Talked to all of our raiders and everyone is in complete agreement, so full blown mutiny coming this weekend. I feel bad cause his last officers did the same thing, but he just has that angry dictator personality that just doesn't mesh with anyone.

In other news, I'm hyped for shadow changes regarding 5 mans, much less ramp up and both dots applying, good stuff.

Watch out for poachers, when my old BC guild split like that other guilds were circling players like vultures.

World PVP Quests can now reward Mark of Honor in 7.1.5

Also - when 7.1.5. rolls in World Quests will be reset. One can assume this also means emissaries will be reset like with 7.1, so do them!

Strimei

Couple questions about Karazhan in 7.1.5.

1. Its getting a heroic version in it, right? Which will be split between lower and upper
2. If so, is that split also coming to mythic? I can't recall
3. And if so, anyone know what that means for Nightbane? And whether or not you can do Nightbane on heroic?

biaxident

Well the guild split went down this morning, he hadn't been on a lot so we had the chat while he was on. New guild is formed with about 90% of the raiding core intact, in fact 100% of the good raiders in tact lol. Everyone is generally excited and every single person I talked to said "I've been wanting to leave for months but you guys kept it fun". Stocked the new gbank full and now comes the fun part, recruiting a healer or 2, and a few dps since we have about 8 active raiders atm. Intense stuff but glad its done finally.

Couple questions about Karazhan in 7.1.5.

1. Its getting a heroic version in it, right? Which will be split between lower and upper
2. If so, is that split also coming to mythic? I can't recall
3. And if so, anyone know what that means for Nightbane? And whether or not you can do Nightbane on heroic?

1. I think so? It will be available in LFG. You should be able to pug mythic +0 by now tbh they aren't hard anymore
2. Kara is getting a Mythic+ at some point so I dunno. Obviously the latter half of Kara is WAY harder and they are going to have to fix the chess event before I even think about doing Kara Upper Half M+.
3. I doubt you can do Nightbane on heroic without caveats like worse loot and no mount.

Strimei

1. I think so? It will be available in LFG. You should be able to pug mythic +0 by now tbh they aren't hard anymore
2. Kara is getting a Mythic+ at some point so I dunno. Obviously the latter half of Kara is WAY harder and they are going to have to fix the chess event before I even think about doing Kara Upper Half M+.
3. I doubt you can do Nightbane on heroic without caveats like worse loot and no mount.

1. I have no worries about pugging it, my small guild does a run of it every week. More curious about the split thing happening and whether it comes to mythic as well next week. I try to be the up-to-date one of the group, heh.
2. Ah so it is getting the mythic+, then yeah split has to come at some point.
3. Figured as much. We've been trying to do the run but we're not quite there yet. Was hoping that maybe we could cheese it in heroic, but figures not, heh.

Huh just learned that mouseover macros that mark your mouseover target with raid icons work for the Kirin Tor barrel WQ. Makes that one a lot easier...

Ha, that's hilarious. Although I find that just doing an overhead view makes it pretty straightforward to follow the line of motion.

What's a good Warlock spec for solo leveling? Not really liking demonology.

Affliction is probably the best spec for solo content imo. Not just for warlocks, but in general. I'm not 100% confident in saying that, but I don't know another spec that offers tankiness, AoE, self healing and the ability to not be dazed.

Spec like this -

Drain Soul for shards and self heal
Contagion for single target
Doesn't really matter.
Sow the Seeds for massive AoE
Demon Skin for tons of health and you can't get dazed. I forgot being dazed existed because I had this perk, thats how small the chance of you being dazed is. It gives you a half a million hp absorb, so dazes will never get through unless you are being hammered on by 12 mobs.
Grimoire of Supremacy, use Infernal for tanking pet
Phantom Singularity for massive AoE and self heal

And enjoy never dying or getting dazed, having massive AoE, a tanking pet and tons of self heals. It's hilarious, I can jump into a dozen guards in Suramar and then have them all dead in 20 seconds and not even be hurt. I do have Ruby of Aran and the Nightbane chest though.

If you want to go even further there is a gold trait that makes enemies die when they explode for more AoE and a trait that makes Healthstones heal you double. Downside is Aff is pretty terrible for raiding and M+ (the Aff is good for M+ meme isnt true) so dont put all your points into it

Nokterian

What's a good Warlock spec for solo leveling? Not really liking demonology.

Affliction is probably the best spec for solo content imo. Not just for warlocks, but in general. I'm not 100% confident in saying that, but I don't know another spec that offers tankiness, AoE, self healing and the ability to not be dazed.

Spec like this -

Doesn't really matter.
Demon Skin for tons of health and you can't get dazed. I forgot being dazed existed because I had this perk, thats how small the chance of you being dazed is. It gives you a half a million hp absorb, so dazes will never get through unless you are being hammered on by 12 mobs.

And enjoy never dying or getting dazed, having massive AoE, a tanking pet and tons of self heals. It's hilarious, I can jump into a dozen guards in Suramar and then have them all dead in 20 seconds and not even be hurt. I do have Ruby of Aran and the Nightbane chest though.

If you want to go even further there is a gold trait that makes enemies die when they explode for more AoE and a trait that makes Healthstones heal you double. Downside is Aff is pretty terrible for raiding and M+ (the Aff is good for M+ meme isnt true) so dont put all your points into it

Yes affliction is the best way to go, also if you wait with patch 7.1.5. Drainsoul is main again and talents have switched. But even now it is fun to play even in solo content and yes Demon Skin is ridiculous also don't forget Siphon Life more healing!

Yes affliction is the best way to go, also if you wait with patch 7.1.5. Drainsoul is main again and talents have switched. But even now it is fun to play even in solo content and yes Demon Skin is ridiculous also don't forget Siphon Life more healing!

You have to give up Sow the Seeds for Siphon Life. Not worth it for solo content.

v1perz53

Yeah I've been doing that for a while now. Made me wonder if it works on the 2nd boss in Nelths but havent tried

Yea, I generally don't have a huge issue with it, but this goes from an easy thing that I have to pay attention to to "alt tab for 30 seconds, come back and click the mark". So much easier that I can't justify not using it!

Glad to see it helped others, I know that WQ can be a bit of a pain for many.

Yeah I've been doing that for a while now. Made me wonder if it works on the 2nd boss in Nelths but havent tried

I do wonder. Between the 5 of us I don't think we ever ALL miss it in nelth's, but that phase is actually hard on Tyrannical so if we get any +10 nelth stones this week I'll definitely try it, if only to satisfy my curiosity.

Nozomi

Banned
Got my 4th Legendary on my DK today (Cloak) yay

10D12h played on this level pls don't flame me like my guild did for being a lucker :(

Also interesting trinkets are droping in nighthold huh

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2kuZ3lhem8uY29tLzQ1NmE3ZmMxNWM4MDQ3NGU2ZmNiNDMxYTcyZTVlNDFmLmdpZiJ9.9i2kPr_daCy0-NsruQrbYg5EwbQ

Rokam

Got my second legendary on my BrM Monk, which I can't equip for 19 more days. It was Prydaz so it's going to replace my other one post patch. Really wish there was a speed up mechanic for research. Seem like an oversight.

v1perz53

Got my second legendary on my BrM Monk, which I can't equip for 19 more days. It was Prydaz so it's going to replace my other one post patch. Really wish there was a speed up mechanic for research. Seem like an oversight.

They said that research is getting reduced in 7.1.5, but I'm not sure how much it is being reduced by. Thank god, the current 40 days or so is way too much.

So if my crit % is like 30%, my trail of light flash heal won't have that crit % right? Even though I feel like we are flash heal bots I didn't mind........but that is definitely a nerf.
Currently, one flash heal has two chances to crit. So you previously had two 30% chances to crit every time you flash healed, now you have one chance to crit. Since a lot of our healing comes from Blessing of Tuure, it's a significant healing nerf.

Tarazet

I had an interesting and odd experience in a leveling dungeon today. I did a normal Halls of Valor on a level 101 Balance Druid. In the same group, there was a raid geared Fury Warrior. Details had him pegged at an item level of 886, which is near BiS level gear.

According to Details, that Fury Warrior was doing almost the same amount of damage overall as my level 101 bumpkin with an item level of 710.

There's just no way that with a disparity of almost 170 item levels, that was accurate. Just looking at his white swings alone tells me something was amiss.

I know that if I go into a normal dungeon on my Enhancement Shaman and I get a bunch of people sub 110, it looks like I'm carrying them hard. But what this is telling me is, behind the scenes, it's scaling me down to the level of the dungeon and I'm not helping them as much as it seems. Is that actually what's happening here?

v1perz53

Well, I mean, tanks offer all that generally, since tanks can never be dazed at baseline. Druids MIGHT be able to be dazed out of bear form, but I don't think so? And generally most tank kits come with very good AoE as well as self healing, with tankiness being obvious.

All that said, Affliction is still an obviously amazing solo class. But I just found it funny that you basically described every tank with your list of good features for affliction.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I had an interesting and odd experience in a leveling dungeon today. I did a normal Halls of Valor on a level 101 Balance Druid. In the same group, there was a raid geared Fury Warrior. Details had him pegged at an item level of 886, which is near BiS level gear.

According to Details, that Fury Warrior was doing almost the same amount of damage overall as my level 101 bumpkin with an item level of 710.

There's just no way that with a disparity of almost 170 item levels, that was accurate. Just looking at his white swings alone tells me something was amiss.

I know that if I go into a normal dungeon on my Enhancement Shaman and I get a bunch of people sub 110, it looks like I'm carrying them hard. But what this is telling me is, behind the scenes, it's scaling me down to the level of the dungeon and I'm not helping them as much as it seems. Is that actually what's happening here?

Yea, there's a bit of scaling going on in normal dungeons. I think it's treated like grouping in the leveling zones.

Going from level 12 to level 29 today, its interesting to see all the changes from not having played since before Lich King came out. I quit RIGHT before that expansion, so its strange and refreshing to see so many changes.

Crossroads still gets attacked like every 3 minutes though lol

Fjordson

Spec like this -

Doesn't really matter.

Thanks for the info. Seems like Icy Veins recommends Affliction also.

Ark

Got my 4th Legendary on my DK today (Cloak) yay

10D12h played on this level pls don't flame me like my guild did for being a lucker :(

Jesus fucking Christ. You lucky bastard. 23 days played at 110 on my main and all I do is spam raids and mythic+, and raid mythic. And I only have two legendaries.

Lomax

Yes, the normals scale, and most 100s and 101s are actually much much better geared than you (relatively speaking) because they're in final tier level gear and you're in the tier equivalent of about maybe 650s.

Jesus fucking Christ. You lucky bastard. 23 days played at 110 on my main and all I do is spam raids and mythic+, and raid mythic. And I only have two legendaries.

The annoying thing about the bad luck protection is that getting lucky early puts a character ahead forever. My only character with two legendaries is the last one I leveled because she pulled one from the very first emissary quest she opened. While my other two characters that have been able to equip two for weeks now still only have one.

Decided to play my lower geared rogue alt (I have two don't ask)for fun in guild heroic ToV, My rogue is 852 ilvl but hella min/max'ed because I spend as much time in simulationcraft as I do WoW (to include all 3 relics reducing vendetta CD). I was the lowest ilvl character in the group, came in 5th on DPS (Our 4 other main DPS destroyed me lol).

Died at the end and got a legendary (poisons and bleeds do 40% more damage on enemies 30% and lower) our other rogue was so upset 💀

Alt is still 850s (856 now)

Died at the end and got a legendary (poisons and bleeds do 40% more damage on enemies 30% and lower) our other rogue was so upset 💀

Congrats! I always thought the Assassination bracers were pretty insane. Shame they're getting hit in 7.1.5 though(10%).

Overall, while I probably won't notice, it does feel bad to have a lot of your stuff get nerf'd. As an Outlaw, feels like I'm too weighted against getting a 6 roll.

Or maybe I'm just playing wrong.

Congrats! I always thought the Assassination bracers were pretty insane. Shame they're getting hit in 7.1.5 though(10%).

Overall, while I probably won't notice, it does feel bad to have a lot of your stuff get nerf'd. As an Outlaw, feels like I'm too weighted against getting a 6 roll.

Or maybe I'm just playing wrong.

No you're right many Outlaw Rogues have complained about it. Blizzard has said they're looking at ways of making it better…but this is Blizzard so…need incoming

I think I'm just going to roll a double gather guardian druid for an alt. I'm sick of trying to navigate Suramar and getting into fights because of the absurd amount of sentry npcs that can see through illusions and invisibility. I just wanna be able to murder everything when I need to and the bear seems like a safe bet.

No you're right many Outlaw Rogues have complained about it. Blizzard has said they're looking at ways of making it better…but this is Blizzard so…need incoming

I just wish there was more control over Roll the Bones. I've thought it would be cool if it worked like BlackJack. Each concurrent roll makes the buff better but after you have three or four, you have a high chance to 'bust' and start over. Maybe that would be too good or whatever but it would fix me feeling like an ass for the first minute of a fight stuck rolling 1s.

Ain't no Bandits Guile at least / most?

I think I'm just going to roll a double gather guardian druid for an alt. I'm sick of trying to navigate Suramar and getting into fights because of the absurd amount of sentry npcs that can see through illusions and invisibility. I just wanna be able to murder everything when I need to and the bear seems like a safe bet.

Do you like Rogues? Sap covers me pretty well when it comes to any of the sentries who are alone and if you get a Vault Ticket, there are daggers which are ranged Saps but work on practically anything too. I've never had too big of an issue.

I just wish there was more control over Roll the Bones. I've thought it would be cool if it worked like BlackJack. Each concurrent roll makes the buff better but after you have three or four, you have a high chance to 'bust' and start over. Maybe that would be too good or whatever but it would fix me feeling like an ass for the first minute of a fight stuck rolling 1s.

Ain't no Bandits Guile at least / most?

I'd hate that, honestly. Bad streaks aside, Outlaw has low ramp up time and I don't want to lose that.

I think Outlaw is a lot of fun as is, but I 1) play it in it's most optimal setting M+ and 2) have the bracers, which are a good boost to ST and adds that extra element to the playstyle that makes it feel really rewarding when you can make optimal use of the buff + blunderbuss.

I think RtB needs adjusting to move a bit more damage potential from the buffs back into baseline abilities, but that's a difficult thing to do without incentivizing rerolling even more. Ultimately TB is too powerful a buff to be random, and as a core mechanic to the spec that I don't see them realistically making any meaningful RtB alteration without an expansion.

I do have to ask though: are you rerolling at the beginning of fights with lust pot etc? I'm not a super experienced player or anything, but in general it's just sort of best to ride that out with whatever buff you get pre-pull and get an OK opening versus risking a terrible one by rerolling 2+ times (or worse, even more than that). I might reroll once after the pre-pull but never more than that if it's lust / CD time.

I'd hate that, honestly. Bad streaks aside, Outlaw has low ramp up time and I don't want to lose that.

You'd hate having more control over what basically defines the spec? I personally wouldn't count Roll the Bones as ramp but maybe that's a fault on my part. Do you mean you don't want Roll the Bones thurned into ramp? That I can kind of understand. However, Alacrity is getting a nice buff of sorts, so that will help a little bit.

I think Outlaw is a lot of fun as is, but I 1) play it in it's most optimal setting M+ and 2) have the bracers, which are a good boost to ST and adds that extra element to the playstyle that makes it feel really rewarding when you can make optimal use of the buff + blunderbuss.

I think RtB needs adjusting to move a bit more damage potential from the buffs back into baseline abilities, but that's a difficult thing to do without incentivizing rerolling even more. Ultimately TB is too powerful a buff to be random, and as a core mechanic to the spec that I don't see them realistically making any meaningful RtB alteration without an expansion.

I enjoy Outlaw a lot too, and I have all legendaries for it too(Poor me, right?). It is a little more fun when the bracers, gloves, and boots alter how you end up using your abilities. It's really just one of those things where you do all that you can but still get hamstrung.

I fully agree with you on True Bearing and I'm sure you responded to me before. I appreciate the extra insight. Maybe we'll get something good in the coming content patches that'll help us out in the former of an artifact trait or whatever.

I do have to ask though: are you rerolling at the beginning of fights with lust pot etc? I'm not a super experienced player or anything, but in general it's just sort of best to ride that out with whatever buff you get pre-pull and get an OK opening versus risking a terrible one by rerolling 2+ times (or worse, even more than that). I might reroll once after the pre-pull but never more than that if it's lust / CD time.

This is something I'll have to do. Usually it seems like I'd get a decent 2 or whatever, but I'm probably rolling to much then. I forget how important having everything rolling at the same time is.

Edit: We're getting Shroud of Concealment again though, woohoo. Should be fun for Mythic+.

You'd hate having more control over what basically defines the spec? I personally wouldn't count Roll the Bones as ramp but maybe that's a fault on my part. Do you mean you don't want Roll the Bones thurned into ramp? That I can kind of understand. However, Alacrity is getting a nice buff of sorts, so that will help a little bit.

Yeah, I mean I wouldn't want RtB turned into a ramping mechanic.

RtB needs to be adjusted, for sure. I'm just not hopeful that they can address it outside an expansion. Ideally there would be level 100 talent that competes with MfD that allows you better control in ST situations, but instead we have a giant waste of dev attention with SnD.

Yeah, I mean I wouldn't want RtB turned into a ramping mechanic.

RtB needs to be adjusted, for sure. I'm just not hopeful that they can address it outside an expansion. Ideally there would be level 100 talent that competes with MfD that allows you better control in ST situations, but instead we have a giant waste of dev attention with SnD.
Alright, I can understand that. Just have to wait and see I suppose.

Two random questions if you don't mind;

What potions do you use?

Have you picked up the Outlaw hidden appearance yet?

Also, overall, I'm hyped for new stuff to do.

Alright, I can understand that. Just have to wait and see I suppose.

Two random questions if you don't mind;

What potions do you use?

Have you picked up the Outlaw hidden appearance yet?

Also, overall, I'm hyped for new stuff to do.

I almost exclusively use Prolonged Power since I only do M+ as far as organized PvE goes. On higher ones I can go through a ton. I think it's supposed to be better in AoE for Outlaw anyway, but I've never bothered checking. I bust out an Old War sometimes but Prolonged Power makes more sense for my use.

Funny you ask about the hidden appearance. I don't have it. It will never drop. I've had the Sub one for months, so I decided to get the hidden PvP one unlocked as sub so it unlocks it for Outlaw too, and then I'll eventually get the dungeon and WQ ones unlocked that way. They said they aren't going to fix that bug so might as well.

It will never drop.

Tarazet

Yes, the normals scale, and most 100s and 101s are actually much much better geared than you (relatively speaking) because they're in final tier level gear and you're in the tier equivalent of about maybe 650s.

So normal dungeons do scale - but they don't show the 110's the downwardly adjusted numbers because they want them to feel like they are blowing everyone else away? Seems bizarre, though it is consistent with what happens when people of different levels tag a mob out in the world.

Do you like Rogues? Sap covers me pretty well when it comes to any of the sentries who are alone and if you get a Vault Ticket, there are daggers which are ranged Saps but work on practically anything too. I've never had too big of an issue.

I'm sure rogues are fun and all but my main is a pure dps class, I don't want to roll another, particularly a melee only, and need a class that can tank and/or heal. It was a toss up between a prot warrior and guardian druid, and travel form was what ultimately won out since I don't have any water striders.

Zackat

Mythic ToV is so hard 😭😭 we get sooo close to killing odyn then someone blows us all up by being out of position in phase 3. The first two phases are just pointlessly long. Man I hate that raid.

Had to vent somewhere. I am looking forward to spamming flamestrike in the next patch.

Top Bottom