• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

getting fatal errors when i try and load in as a character on patch launch day is my favorite tradition

Launched WoW, was playing without issue when my computer locked up. Had to do a hard reboot and then when I was back up and running the b.net application refused to work. Had to delete my battle.net folder, relaunch WoW in order to re-download the client and now am doing a scan and repair of WoW instead of playing. Patch day fun times.

Faiz

Was only on my main for about an hour last night, in that time three legendaries dropped in guild. One was my wife. Which was awesome but also kinda infuriating heh.

Mupod

Had to tank a bit last night, hadn't tanked in mythic EN or heroic ToV yet but it went fine. M Ursoc wasn't all that different, his debuff cycle is slightly trickier than heroic but still manageable. Remains to be seen if I'll be filling in during Nighthold because I'm near the top of our DPS and they usually want me doing that.

Did some testing of my legendaries. While I was happy to see Death Grip proccing Sephuz Secret on a target dummy, it doesn't work against immune raid bosses. Lame. Will still be awesome in mythic+ though.

Blood DK changes are a mixed bag. Obviously the change to bone shield was needed and I felt it a lot in the raid. Most of the time I was only using Marrowrend to keep my shield from expiring, not spamming it to frantically stay above 5 stacks on any fight with a DoT or AOE damage.

Blooddrinker is CRAZY now, I had it triple crit for 880k each time with vampiric blood and my leech trinket up...that's a lot of self-healing. The amount of threat it generates is so much I had to be careful not to pull off the other tank, but for AOE situations I doubt it'll be worth taking over extra RP generation on heart strike. I'll try it out in a Skittish dungeon and see how it is.

The nerfs to that heart strike talent and our second tier death and decay talent were unwarranted and will hurt a lot in mythic+, which seems unfair considering that it's not like we were being chosen over bears or paladins. I mean those talents were overused, but the other options in the tree don't fill the same niche so it doesn't matter if they were buffed. I wonder if Spectral Deflection is still buggy.

Buff to rune tap (40% damage reduction now) was helpful for my first time tanking Odyn. The final phase of that fight is anti-DK by design but the spear was manageable (I'm aware it was nerfed, we killed him before any nerfs and our tanks died constantly). However the ability is awkward to work around without Blood Tap and I'm not sure I want to drop Ossuary, as the runic power reduction on death strike is even more valuable now.

Overall I still feel like they didn't put much thought into the DK changes and just did a kneejerk reaction to a cookie-cutter popular build. I just don't see what problem they were trying to solve by cutting down our damage and runic power generation when in AOE situations. I wish they'd clarify their line of thinking but I can't remember the last time they said anything about Blood.

Lain

I kinda miss having lost some of my secondary stats on my hunter. I loved my 80% mastery.
I see the bonus roll on world bosses can award an ap item now. Better than 20 gold, that's for sure.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Decided to do the Icefury build for Elemental. Gives it some more complexities which can be fun, but frustrating at times.

I did pretty good on most fights except Helya it seemed.

mcfrank

Had to tank a bit last night, hadn't tanked in mythic EN or heroic ToV yet but it went fine. M Ursoc wasn't all that different, his debuff cycle is slightly trickier than heroic but still manageable. Remains to be seen if I'll be filling in during Nighthold because I'm near the top of our DPS and they usually want me doing that.

Did some testing of my legendaries. While I was happy to see Death Grip proccing Sephuz Secret on a target dummy, it doesn't work against immune raid bosses. Lame. Will still be awesome in mythic+ though.

Blood DK changes are a mixed bag. Obviously the change to bone shield was needed and I felt it a lot in the raid. Most of the time I was only using Marrowrend to keep my shield from expiring, not spamming it to frantically stay above 5 stacks on any fight with a DoT or AOE damage.

Blooddrinker is CRAZY now, I had it triple crit for 880k each time with vampiric blood and my leech trinket up...that's a lot of self-healing. The amount of threat it generates is so much I had to be careful not to pull off the other tank, but for AOE situations I doubt it'll be worth taking over extra RP generation on heart strike. I'll try it out in a Skittish dungeon and see how it is.

The nerfs to that heart strike talent and our second tier death and decay talent were unwarranted and will hurt a lot in mythic+, which seems unfair considering that it's not like we were being chosen over bears or paladins. I mean those talents were overused, but the other options in the tree don't fill the same niche so it doesn't matter if they were buffed. I wonder if Spectral Deflection is still buggy.

Buff to rune tap (40% damage reduction now) was helpful for my first time tanking Odyn. The final phase of that fight is anti-DK by design but the spear was manageable (I'm aware it was nerfed, we killed him before any nerfs and our tanks died constantly). However the ability is awkward to work around without Blood Tap and I'm not sure I want to drop Ossuary, as the runic power reduction on death strike is even more valuable now.

Overall I still feel like they didn't put much thought into the DK changes and just did a kneejerk reaction to a cookie-cutter popular build. I just don't see what problem they were trying to solve by cutting down our damage and runic power generation when in AOE situations. I wish they'd clarify their line of thinking but I can't remember the last time they said anything about Blood.

Good post. I am a blood dk, we cleared heroic odyn Pre nerf and I was able to survive with healer cool downs, blood mirror, and icebound fortitude, but doing it last night with rune tap was much better.

Lomax

Friend just tried a random rotation and got 400k. The fuck.

Also, thought they were reducing order hall research times? Still getting 36 days for last three tiers.

I don't know about the other tiers, but the final (equip two legendaries) says 7 days time now needed on my druid instead of 14, so I assume they cut them in half. Like everything else this expansion I'm sure it's buggy though.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Looking over Warcraft logs for Ele, it seems that there are more top ranks with the Ascendance build than the Icefury build for Normal parses. With heroic parses it becomes a bit more split up.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Probably quitting the game due to the Hunter changes, my damage has fallen off a cliff and it's clunky and boring to play now, the actual fuck?

biaxident

Was a crazy patch day as a shadow priest. Was following the discord and was crazy seeing our stat priority change so much. Crit is now a dead stat for shadow, I had over 30% crit so had to drop a lot. Mastery is now legit, and using san'layn is legit. Granted the stats may change once the sims are working but haste mastery feels really good. I completely dominated a 5 man and was just in awe how I was doing so much aoe, I was doing well over 600k on trash with no void form, was so good. Our spread out aoe kinda took a hit, but with misery managing dots are easy. Clumped aoe can now hang with others. Single target I was still doing 500k+ without much effort and was still using misery/shadow crash on dungeon bosses. Can't wait to raid without surrender and actually do good damage, the hype.

Rolfgang

I love the changes to Balance Druid for Mythic+. With Soul of the Forest and Stellar Drift I can get up a Starfall in no time and keep it going and now Starfall hits like a truck. But not really a truck, more like multiple Mini Coopers that are falling from the sky.

Mupod

I don't know much about shadowpriests but Tubie being consistently a bit ahead of me on most/all fights makes more sense than 750k DPS bullshit on 2-3 fights and ok damage on the rest.

The Frost DK changes were just boring, but at least there were no nerfs. Nothing at all changed for me except now I can proc Sephuz if there's an interrupt or grippable add on the fight (which is actually quite nice). Of course there's a possibility that someone will figure out a sick nasty Breath of Sindragosa spec or something but that sounds annoying to play anyways.

I don't know much about shadowpriests but Tubie being consistently a bit ahead of me on most/all fights makes more sense than 750k DPS bullshit on 2-3 fights and ok damage on the rest.

The Frost DK changes were just boring, but at least there were no nerfs. Nothing at all changed for me except now I can proc Sephuz if there's an interrupt or grippable add on the fight (which is actually quite nice). Of course there's a possibility that someone will figure out a sick nasty Breath of Sindragosa spec or something but that sounds annoying to play anyways.

someone did figure out a sindragosa build with pretty huge upkeep

it seemed neat?

Magnus

Was a crazy patch day as a shadow priest. Was following the discord and was crazy seeing our stat priority change so much. Crit is now a dead stat for shadow, I had over 30% crit so had to drop a lot. Mastery is now legit, and using san'layn is legit. Granted the stats may change once the sims are working but haste mastery feels really good. I completely dominated a 5 man and was just in awe how I was doing so much aoe, I was doing well over 600k on trash with no void form, was so good. Our spread out aoe kinda took a hit, but with misery managing dots are easy. Clumped aoe can now hang with others. Single target I was still doing 500k+ without much effort and was still using misery/shadow crash on dungeon bosses. Can't wait to raid without surrender and actually do good damage, the hype.

Woah what. Icy Veins says Crit is now our #1 stat in all builds...and may I ask your item level? I'm at 873 and can't quite pull those dps numbers in 5mans. :(

biaxident

Woah what. Icy Veins says Crit is now our #1 stat in all builds...and may I ask your item level? I'm at 873 and can't quite pull those dps numbers in 5mans. :(

Discord which is run by H2P guys had the presumed stat priority pinned. Haste (to 12k) > mastery......> haste (past 12k). The thinking is we don't need the insanity gen of AS (which was we we loved crit), and mastery just makes our dots hit harder. Lingering insanity is pretty good, you'll barely be out of voidform, it's really fun. With misery/shadowcrash trash aoe is great. I just do mind bomb, shadow crash, and vampiric touch a few mobs and flay. Just that was an easy 600k+ without using void form. Saving shadow crash for voidform is ideal of course, but starting from 0 insanity I just use it right away.

Granted this stuff isn't final, this was my experience last night and from fellow priests on discord.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Months and months after getting a fucking Sephuz's Secret, I finally got a second legendary!

And it's Prydaz!

And I deleted Prydaz!

Lain

Someone explain to me the thing with leech and holy paladins (apart from my guessing that leech is good for Light of the Martyr).
I updated my spreadsheet to the latest Holy Paladin Spreadsheet (which added leech as a stat worth tracking sometime between 11/18/16 and now) and now stuff with lower item levels are shown as even bigger upgrades for me than before (through pawn using the weights from the sheet). The 845ilvl pants I use to tank give me a... 12% upgrade over my 870ilvl pants I use to heal, just because the 845 have leech.
Wasn't this patch supposed to fix the problem with lower ilvl items being better than higher ilvl items?

Emissary chests do not generate loot until opened

Save yours until the Nighthold opens because they can drop the legendary upgrade items, and if you stockpiled them before congrats because they have 7.1.5. stuff in them no matter how old they are

Epix

Emissary chests do not generate loot until opened

Save yours until the Nighthold opens because they can drop the legendary upgrade items, and if you stockpiled them before congrats because they have 7.1.5. stuff in them no matter how old they are

"Additionally, once the Nighthold is open, any new Legendaries you discover will already be item level 940. Note that this does not apply retroactively to Emissary Bags that you may already have in your inventory when the time comes. Only new bags earned after the Nighthold is open have the chance to reward an item level 940 Legendary."

"Additionally, once the Nighthold is open, any new Legendaries you discover will already be item level 940. Note that this does not apply retroactively to Emissary Bags that you may already have in your inventory when the time comes. Only new bags earned after the Nighthold is open have the chance to reward an item level 940 Legendary."

well fuck, except that i guess. I still think you can get the upgrade item in them?

Edit: looks like not, but they said the same thing about 7.1.5. legs and they count

Fjordson

Huh, did Affliction locks get a buff? Everything is melting in seconds. Granted I'm still leveling in Draenor, but I'm definitely doing more damage than I was on Monday.

Huh, did Affliction locks get a buff? Everything is melting in seconds. Granted I'm still leveling in Draenor, but I'm definitely doing more damage than I was on Monday.

Drain Soul is baseline now and was replaced with Malefic Grasp which makes your DoTs do 80% increased dmg when you are drain soul-ing

Also Contagion was bumped from 12%-18%

Mupod

Prydaz is extremely good now

25% shield(15% for tanks) every 30 seconds, refreshed every 30 seconds? Considering that all the bosses do some form of aoe damage, it's a boon for your healers to have one of those.

Even if you only do small group stuff, I've seen enough people get 1-shotted by certain scaled-up and poorly tested mechanics in high mythic+ that I wish every DPS had one of those lying around. Its usefulness in raids should be obvious.

Sephuz is fun to use and godlike in 5-man stuff, it was my first legendary and I'd bring it over just about anything else as DPS or tank. Raids it's situational but I'll be surprised if it's not useful on many fights in Nighthold. Depends on class too, some can proc it on immunes easier than others.

If I ever make another mage Prydaz would be the one legendary I want. The increased survivability would help me out so much, considering how badly I am at the class.

Even if you only do small group stuff, I've seen enough people get 1-shotted by certain scaled-up and poorly tested mechanics in high mythic+ that I wish every DPS had one of those lying around. Its usefulness in raids should be obvious.

Sephuz is fun to use and godlike in 5-man stuff, it was my first legendary and I'd bring it over just about anything else as DPS or tank. Raids it's situational but I'll be surprised if it's not useful on many fights in Nighthold. Depends on class too, some can proc it on immunes easier than others.

Seriously, Prydax usefulness is to not be overstated. Remember, you can't dps if you're dead, and Prydaz helps you live

If I ever make another mage Prydaz would be the one legendary I want. The increased survivability would help me out so much, considering how badly I am at the class.

You haven't lived till you have Shimmer, a mage barrier on, and then Belo'virs final stand. It's bubble on top of bubble. Nearly 800k in shields. Add in a Prydaz, and you have over a million shield every 30 seconds. Mix that in with the heal from blink through the Fire artifact, and man you are hard to kill.

Magnus

Discord which is run by H2P guys had the presumed stat priority pinned. Haste (to 12k) > mastery......> haste (past 12k). The thinking is we don't need the insanity gen of AS (which was we we loved crit), and mastery just makes our dots hit harder. Lingering insanity is pretty good, you'll barely be out of voidform, it's really fun. With misery/shadowcrash trash aoe is great. I just do mind bomb, shadow crash, and vampiric touch a few mobs and flay. Just that was an easy 600k+ without using void form. Saving shadow crash for voidform is ideal of course, but starting from 0 insanity I just use it right away.

Granted this stuff isn't final, this was my experience last night and from fellow priests on discord.

Gotcha. Gonna give this build/strategy a try on M+ dungeons now. I have the Twins' Painful Touch too, which should only amp up my AOE. I'm 873. What're you?

Chris R

Got a legendary, I'm happy with the patch lol

Guess it's time to try some dungeons and raids and shit. Should blow through heroics with 852 ilvl

Zeus7

Can anyone help, just started this game a few days ago and I am only level 16. I am trying to turn in the Furlbrows Deed quest to Jansen Stead but he is missing, myself and others are standing where he should be but there is no sign of him at all?

Weevilone

haven't done a single one yet

I will say I'm fucking pissed about the artifact power rewards from the world quests being like 1/3 of what they were before. Going to take forever to level up to max.

I haven't paid attention to this, sucks to hear.

My gang started bringing a bunch of ringers from outside the guild for raids, so suddenly we skipped a bunch of our own progression. I killed one boss with that arrangement and opted out.. Was considering playing casually a bit, but stuff like that makes me think nope.

The artifact thing is kinda cool, but it did become a grind for sure. I think my main was at like 34 points on the artifact with knowledge maxed. I just enjoy the learning and progression, where I think most people are just looking to collect the best loot possible by any means.

Months and months after getting a fucking Sephuz's Secret, I finally got a second legendary!

And it's Prydaz!

And I deleted Prydaz!

If you actually did, that's a pretty silly reaction.

But do you.

I need to run with it more but I'm pretty sure Sephuz is still more useful in M+ than a lot of legendaries I could have. I need to do more runs with the Outlaw boots I got yesterday, but I'm pretty sure it's best for me to keep Sephuz equipped on trash still. Switch to boots/bracers for most bosses, but reliably triggering a mini-lust is so helpful, especially with Outtlaw energy nerfs.

Think the only legendary I don't have that could unseat Sephuz on trash for me would the Ravenholdt ring just because of how godly it is in AoE situations.

Top Bottom