• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

I mean it was obvious it was going to be broken in nh.

No one is arguing that but with every other class and things that were going to be broken with NH dropping they gave them month warning and multiple PTR notes detailing changes they were looking at.

Blizzard changed this for rogues like 2hrs before live not telling us at all what they would adjust so we could plan accordingly.

I just saw this. I don't play Assassin but this is some serious bullshit.

Nerfing things is fine. The way they blindside people with that at the last minute is insane though.

For those that don't know, this relic is worth like 35-40 ilvls if you have three of them, so people have been destroying 880+ relics once they can get 3 low level ones with this trait.

Exactly.

I don't mind the stealth Rogue nerf

If that relic was that powerful and effective, then nobody should be surprised that they got gutted. Yeah it would've been nice to get a heads up but...well...I'm not a rogue so >_>

v1perz53

Why did they reset brawler guild invitations anyways?

Yea, kind of annoying, its been the same invitation since MoP. I have every Brawler's Guild achievement and shirt on my Druid, I've done Ahoo'ru in MoP on 8 different characters, you're telling me they aren't gonna let me in now without a new invite!

Man the WORST thing that happened this patch is the god damn Travel Form nerf. Used to be ~200% speed (versus mount at ~220% with pathfinder), now it is ~180%. Can't justify using it over a mount at 40% lower. Was travel form being almost as good as a mount really breaking the game for anyone else? Didn't work in PvP or in combat or anything, jeez. In an expansion that is supposed to be themed around "class fantasy" this was a really nice thing that fit that, and they ruined it like they always do.

Strimei

Yay for Shar'thos this week, I got part of my fury warrior hidden appearance! Now just need Nithogg again and then run HoV...

Also glad to see I didn't need exalted with Dreamweavers.

Now I need him to drop the chest for my monk and my transmog there is complete.

Yea, kind of annoying, its been the same invitation since MoP. I have every Brawler's Guild achievement and shirt on my Druid, I've done Ahoo'ru in MoP on 8 different characters, you're telling me they aren't gonna let me in now without a new invite!

Man the WORST thing that happened this patch is the god damn Travel Form nerf. Used to be ~200% speed (versus mount at ~220% with pathfinder), now it is ~180%. Can't justify using it over a mount at 40% lower. Was travel form being almost as good as a mount really breaking the game for anyone else? Didn't work in PvP or in combat or anything, jeez. In an expansion that is supposed to be themed around "class fantasy" this was a really nice thing that fit that, and they ruined it like they always do.

I don't see that in patch notes. Hopefully a bug? That's so silly.

v1perz53

Man, Prydaz is so good now. BiS for tanks~

Its still only a 15% shield for tanks, it didn't get upped to 25% like it did for DPS. That said, it is still pretty solid, on my Guardian it works out to be ~25,000 HPS, and an absorb is always nice. It has the added bonus of making me completely immune to damage in many solo situations now.

I don't see that in patch notes. Hopefully a bug? That's so silly.

It was on the "undocumented changes" list on reddit, and it is definitely active ingame. Not holding my breath that it is a bug, but it would be nice. Whats worse is that the rideable Stag form is a further 20% slower than the nerfed travel form, so that convenience is even further nerfed.

I thought Travel Form seemed a bit slower. That really sucks.

Guess it I can start using the Worgen racial now.

Mupod

Oh, Prydaz on tanks was too good to be true after all. I don't have one, but when they first showed the changes I did the math on 30% extra HP for a Blood DK under the effects of Vampiric Blood. Things would have just been silly, I can already solo some ridiculous things like +12 mythic bosses or the last 20% of nightbane.

edit: reading the undocumented changes. Death Grip procs Sephuz. Yeah, that'll be equipped fulltime now.

Strimei

So they removed Mind Sear for Shadow Priests.

Did they actually give us anything in return? I can't see anything. I know it wasn't that great but it was like our only aoe besides one talent.

edit: Nevermind, we got a passive that replaces it basically.

Tubie

So they removed Mind Sear for Shadow Priests.

Did they actually give us anything in return? I can't see anything. I know it wasn't that great but it was like our only aoe besides one talent.

edit: Nevermind, we got a passive that replaces it basically.

Shadow Crash also got a massive buff.

Gonna be the go to talent in that tier for 5 mans.

Lomax

It was on the "undocumented changes" list on reddit, and it is definitely active ingame. Not holding my breath that it is a bug, but it would be nice. Whats worse is that the rideable Stag form is a further 20% slower than the nerfed travel form, so that convenience is even further nerfed.

So they fixed it... and then nerfed it? What are they going to do when flight is released? Stupid.

Lame!

So the person you went(As a mage) to get a charged crystal(To complete a WQ for free) disappears when you pick up the crystal, meaning you can't precharge the next crystal.

Lomax

Lame!

So the person you went(As a mage) to get a charged crystal(To complete a WQ for free) disappears when you pick up the crystal, meaning you can't precharge the next crystal.

That whole item system is stupid anyway, after the one time novelty of the animation in your class hall, having it be an item is just an annoyance. Especially when it makes the best way to collect it be logging out of the game and into the app to instantly put it in your inventory instead of having to manually retrieve it from some distant part of the class hall (the pally one is particularly annoying for that).

Strimei

Shadow Crash also got a massive buff.

Gonna be the go to talent in that tier for 5 mans.

Hm interesting. I'll give it a shot. I've been using Legacy of the Void (I know S2M was the go-to but eh this is an alt and I don't care about being super optimal) but I'll try it out.

edit: Speaking of aoe and shadow priests, just got the Twins' Painful Touch ring legendary that spreads my dots to 3 enemies when I use mind flay upon entering void form. Should help with spreading.

Killed the world boss after logging in:

R672gJj.png

Third legendary. BiS for Ret. Feels SO GOOD after the ring got nerfed.

RET RUCKUS

RET RUCKUS

RET RUCKUS

Lomax

So the proc on the Norgannon's Foresight boots went from being completely worthless on my demo lock to being exactly what the spec needs for mobility. Quite the change.

PatzCU

So I just logged in and was able to instantly research artifact knowledge up to level 25. I thought the 'catch-up' mechanic was to instantly research up to 15? Well I just did it anyway, I suppose worst thing they can do is roll me back to where I was before.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So I just logged in and was able to instantly research artifact knowledge up to level 25. I thought the 'catch-up' mechanic was to instantly research up to 15? Well I just did it anyway, I suppose worst thing they can do is roll me back to where I was before.

There are one of two things you should be able to do.

If you have a main at 25 already, you should be able to buy up to 20 (or to 15 if you're 20 but not yet 25, 10 if you're 15-20, etc...)

Either that, or if you don't have a main over that yet, it should let you use up order resources to immediately get to 15.

If you got up to 25 with either method....sounds like a bug somewhere.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, I'm digging my Retadin now. Seems to hit like a truck.

Also, they added some of the old UI stuff back it seems. Thought Exorcism had proc'd for a second earlier!

Lomax

There are one of two things you should be able to do.

If you have a main at 25 already, you should be able to buy up to 20 (or to 15 if you're 20 but not yet 25, 10 if you're 15-20, etc...)

Either that, or if you don't have a main over that yet, it should let you use up order resources to immediately get to 15.

If you got up to 25 with either method....sounds like a bug somewhere.

Yeah, someone in my guild got to 24 (from 6) but now has a 34 day crafting time on his last point. Still a pretty big boost, definitely a bug.

FUCK. I just saw the new version of that. I want it so bad.

Are warlocks still awful to play?

Demo is still clunky as hell, but lack of mobility is really what kills it (the numbers are amazing if you can just stand still the entire time), this new proc though makes a world of difference for fights with occasional movement though. The change was a surprise to me, I hadn't read all the legendary patch notes, and considering I never saw it proc at all before (only doom triggered it), it's quite the change, I'm definitely really happy with it.

7.1.5 worth it for Zen Meditation lege buff alone. I don't think any other legendary got such a ridicilous buff (tho it was needed)

They see me floatin, they hatin.

Wow the change to Phyrix's Embrace actually makes it something other than complete shite for my holy priest. It used to be a chance to proc on instant casts to allow your next cast time spell to be castable while moving, now it's 5 seconds of casting while moving after standing still for 8 seconds. That actually really helps the lack of mobility my priest has while healing, one of my only real complaints with the spec at the moment.

Shame my other legendary, +6 seconds on renew, is still as absolutely pathetically useless as the day it dropped. How that escaped getting redesigned I'll never know.

Tarazet

I thought Enhancement would be RIP, but it still feels great and tears through mobs out in the world just as well as before. I was using Windsong, Ancestral Swiftness, Tempest, Fury of Air, Landslide. The first two talents boost your maelstrom generation, and the next two capitalize on the increased generation, so it's actually a really nice synergy.

Mothman91

Ok I need general WA help. I need a WA that will show when my prayer of mending is ready to be used. Considering Piety is mainline for HPriests now, I need to have this 99% uptime. Anyone know how to do this?

Top Bottom