• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Mupod

Final score for Mythic EN: Nythendra, Ursoc, Spiderbird and Dragons. We got Dragons for the first time last night and actually made good progress on Eyeball - we only wiped on our last pull because the final phase threw a curveball at us. We left the last two Deathglare tentacles alive and then killed them right after the eyeball died but before we went into the heart. They spawned bloods and wiped us, which we weren't expecting because that's not how they worked going into the first heart phase. We probably could have killed it in 1-2 more pulls but it was already past our raid stop time.

I've got so much stuff to clean up before nighthold...a few steps of the Suramar questline and the artifact appearance quest (I'm up to the part where you need to clear mythic dungeons). I've barely touched regular mythic dungeons since mythic+ was added to the game, pretty dumb that you can't do the quest in keystone dungeons. But we can at least make them more fun by bringing 4 DPS and no healer.

It's good now for sure, but it's just not an exciting legendary :(

shit

as a fire mage

when I got the blink bubble legendary chest, I was fucking excited.(For reference my other legendary is the time warp one, which well..when they use TIme warp during the execute phase, doesn't get much use). It's like...there's so many situations where I've had it save my life in combination with the cauterize from Felo'Melorn. And damn, it has helped me through and through.

I don't even care that I haven't gotten the marquee bindings or the dragon breath crowns, because I've highly enjoyed my bubble legendary.

Ark

shit

as a fire mage

when I got the blink bubble legendary chest, I was fucking excited.(For reference my other legendary is the time warp one, which well..when they use TIme warp during the execute phase, doesn't get much use). It's like...there's so many situations where I've had it save my life in combination with the cauterize from Felo'Melorn. And damn, it has helped me through and through.

I don't even care that I haven't gotten the marquee bindings or the dragon breath crowns, because I've highly enjoyed my bubble legendary.

Oh for sure, especially as a melee DPS Prydaz's.is definitely going to come in handy during NH progression.

Mupod

How reliable is this Pawn thing? I disagree with it most of the time

If you're just using the default stat weights then it's useless. You need to run a simulation and grab the data from there for your own character.

It helped me get a slightly better sense of what stats I need but I don't feel like spending hours and hours trying to maybe squeak out 200 more dps. It also didn't seem to understand the value of certain items like the Nightbane chest or Melandrius' autoattack ring.

Shahadan

If you're just using the default stat weights then it's useless. You need to run a simulation and grab the data from there for your own character.

It helped me get a slightly better sense of what stats I need but I don't feel like spending hours and hours trying to maybe squeak out 200 more dps. It also didn't seem to understand the value of certain items like the Nightbane chest or Melandrius' autoattack ring.

Ha ok thanks, will look into it. Right now it just mostly tells me it's an upgrade if the item has versatility :lol:
I thought something was off.

Tarazet

Root pants are the bee's knees in Brawler's Guild. 80k HPS is enough to face tank anything that isn't a one-shot mechanic. If I can hit rank 8 before the hotfix buffs for Enhancement, I'll be a happy troll.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The Legion app is so busted. Class hall traits haven't been adjusted so it's telling me I have 6 days still left on third last tier despite knowing if I log in right now it'll be done.

Seriously, how hard is it to update your app to accept the game's new values?

For some reason, the app for me shows the % all wrong. I can put 2 champions for 155%, then put a 3rd guy, and somehow my chance of success went from 155 to 135%? The fuck?

For some reason, the app for me shows the % all wrong. I can put 2 champions for 155%, then put a 3rd guy, and somehow my chance of success went from 155 to 135%? The fuck?

Might be possible if your first two have bonuses for longer duration missions and the third reduces that duration.

Mupod

Might be possible if your first two have bonuses for longer duration missions and the third reduces that duration.

this is exactly what it is.

I originally had Koltira set up to specialize in short missions, but by bringing him and his duration decreases along on missions I was ruining my percentages since everyone else had bonuses for longer durations. 4 hour missions are a lot less common than 8+ hour missions anyways.

Magnus

Priests:

Anyone else notice your shadow/light-wells in the order hall DON'T ALWAYS become active again on daily reset? At least once or twice a week I can't get a new item. The cog icon on mouseover never appears.

Shahadan

Priests:

Anyone else notice your shadow/light-wells in the order hall DON'T ALWAYS become active again on daily reset? At least once or twice a week I can't get a new item. The cog icon on mouseover never appears.

Happened to me during launch week, haven't bothered after that. Weird that it still isn't fixed

v1perz53

this is exactly what it is.

I originally had Koltira set up to specialize in short missions, but by bringing him and his duration decreases along on missions I was ruining my percentages since everyone else had bonuses for longer durations. 4 hour missions are a lot less common than 8+ hour missions anyways.

I quickly decided I couldn't be bothered to actually try to optimize my missions myself, so I just use GarrisonMissionManager, click one button and it puts in the team that will get me highest overall success chance. What I've quickly found from this is that 75% of the time my highest success chance leaves 1-2 of the abilities un-countered. Kind of annoying, and I wish the addon would be a bit better at calculating this, or calculating the best teams for like 3 missions at the same time, but overall turning my missions to 1 click and done was worth it. I do have Moroes though, who is really quite great, basically guarantees any one mission will be 200%, usually use him on gold missions.

How reliable is this Pawn thing? I disagree with it most of the time

Yea the way I use Pawn is basically Sim my stat weights, put them into pawn, then when an item drops it shows the % upgrade or downgrade an item is, and I go with that. Less useful for things with weird effects, but overall nice. Going farther than that would make me start to go insane, but it is definitely useful to know the times when a lower ilvl item is actually an upgrade because of stats. Less useful on my Guardian druid though, since my AM is based on multiplying armor any piece with armor and a higher ilvl is almost always an upgrade.

Saw this on the WoW Reddit and laughed.

rMwOPQL.png

TheYanger

That's pretty funny, but literally the thing you click on to do missions/scout etc, right NEXT to that pandaria map? that's a map of the broken isles...look at it.

It's only been a couple weeks since I got legion and I'm already feeling burnt out, it's odd I've never felt this way before so soon.

Hope the brawlers guild will take some of that away, I remember loving in Mists.

Strimei

Hope the brawlers guild will take some of that away, I remember loving in Mists.

Reminds me, I got the invite the other day from a mythic, so I'm gonna attempt it soon myself.

But...I saw that Nibbleh returns.

I break out in a cold sweat just thinking about him. He was the bane of my existence. No one in Brawlers Guild 1.0 gave me as much trouble. Not Hexxos, not Ahoo'ru.

God damn Nibbleh.

I didn't know I needed Mage T3 until I rolled Frost on my alt here.

Never gonna be able to afford it though :(

Anyone else have any sick Frost Mage transmogs?

Saw this one on reddit, but it'd take awhile to get.

http://i.imgur.com/UzyaJ7t.gifv (Gifv, won't embed, sorry!)

The Mage I'm currently playing is a female troll as an alt. I do have another human Mage at 100 I can use to help farm transmog though.

I didn't know I needed Mage T3 until I rolled Frost on my alt here.

Never gonna be able to afford it though :(

Anyone else have any sick Frost Mage transmogs?

Saw this one on reddit, but it'd take awhile to get.

http://i.imgur.com/UzyaJ7t.gifv (Gifv, won't embed, sorry!)

The Mage I'm currently playing is a female troll as an alt. I do have another human Mage at 100 I can use to help farm transmog though.

Ooooh does it make the mages eye blue? Very pretty. Ill try seeing if I can make any sick frost mages look. My favorite pastime is making my mage look goodm

Reminds me, I got the invite the other day from a mythic, so I'm gonna attempt it soon myself.

I break out in a cold sweat just thinking about him. He was the bane of my existence. No one in Brawlers Guild 1.0 gave me as much trouble. Not Hexxos, not Ahoo'ru.

God damn Nibbleh.

At least Ahoo'ru and Hexon arent in there except for randoms

edit: lel I completely missed the third line of your post

Fjordson

Affliction lock is boss, but soul effigy is really not a fun talent to use. As far as I know it's the best DPS option in that tier, just wish it wasn't a pain in the ass to use.

v1perz53

God damn Nibbleh.

The trick for Nibbleh is to go to Interface, then Accessibility options, and enable MovePad. If you turn RP walk on (default is /, next to num lock), then press the down arrow in MovePad, you will auto walk backwards at the exact speed for him to never stand in his own stuff and get any stacks. Just kite him around the room slowly circling inwards making a spiral, and he should never get any stacks and die easily. Just look out for the random pools he drops and don't kite him over those. Kind of sucks more on a class heavily casting based, but I killed him that way on a Balance druid just using moonfire/sunfire and the occasional Starsurge.

(Alternatively, just turning on RP walk and holding backpedal yourself acheives the same result, but no reason to not take advantage of the auto-backpedal with MovePad).

Hexos is always a bit annoying for me until I remember whether it is my character's back or front that needs to face the openings, otherwise again it just comes down to being easier on classes with easier rotations. Ahoo-Ru entirely depends on how much self healing your class can do, if you have a good amount of healing you have room to make mistakes and hit the balls, but if you don't have much then mistakes can quickly get you killed. Looking forward to jumping back in to Brawl Guild, I cleared all ranks on 7 different characters in WoD and got all challenge card shirts on 4 different characters (I really like Brawl Guild hah).

Strimei

At least Ahoo'ru and Hexon arent in there except for randoms

edit: lel I completely missed the third line of your post

Hah yes. I really didn't mind either of those two. Ahoo'ru took me maybe two hours, Hexxos the better part of an evening. Nibbleh took me three days of dedicated attempts.

I got to the point of playing music to hype myself up at every attempt. As silly as it may be, Lose Yourself was what was playing when I got my win, heh.

The trick for Nibbleh is to go to Interface, then Accessibility options, and enable MovePad. If you turn RP walk on (default is /, next to num lock), then press the down arrow in MovePad, you will auto walk backwards at the exact speed for him to never stand in his own stuff and get any stacks. Just kite him around the room slowly circling inwards making a spiral, and he should never get any stacks and die easily. Just look out for the random pools he drops and don't kite him over those. Kind of sucks more on a class heavily casting based, but I killed him that way on a Balance druid just using moonfire/sunfire and the occasional Starsurge.

(Alternatively, just turning on RP walk and holding backpedal yourself acheives the same result, but no reason to not take advantage of the auto-backpedal with MovePad).

Hexos is always a bit annoying for me until I remember whether it is my character's back or front that needs to face the openings, otherwise again it just comes down to being easier on classes with easier rotations. Ahoo-Ru entirely depends on how much self healing your class can do, if you have a good amount of healing you have room to make mistakes and hit the balls, but if you don't have much then mistakes can quickly get you killed. Looking forward to jumping back in to Brawl Guild, I cleared all ranks on 7 different characters in WoD and got all challenge card shirts on 4 different characters (I really like Brawl Guild hah).

Yeah that trick helped me but it was Nibbleh being a bit finnicky with moving now and again and just long enough that he gets a puddle beneath him and then its goodbye. Honestly I started finding it insulting that he could gain so many stacks, since he only needed one to ruin you.

Hexxos, I just zenned myself out, that was fun. Put on some trance music and just...detached my vision, as I call it. Like look without focusing. Go all zen. Ahoo'ru, my main problem was beating the damage threshold before the whole room-fire thing, and my win was clutch as I got him down right as I died, which counted, heh.

Strimei

I really hope Blizzard brings back a healing ability for arcane mages. Just realized they removed Cold Snap and the passive heal in iceblock it had.

And then factor in how our new shield doesn't shield anywhere near as much as the old frost barrier, ugh this sucks.

I really hope Blizzard brings back a healing ability for arcane mages. Just realized they removed Cold Snap and the passive heal in iceblock it had.

And then factor in how our new shield doesn't shield anywhere near as much as the old frost barrier, ugh this sucks.

living the cauterize life is so good

blink
get healed

On top of the classes current issues there's just the problem of pet A.I., Beastmaster and Marksman are kind boring to play and Survival is more work than it's worth.

Shaman is in a really, really good place right now.

Sephuz.

WHERE'S THE ROPE?!

That plus Achor (blur chest), and fel rush boots. Only decent one is eyebeam hat for meme build.

I am seriously going to reroll another DH or two.

v1perz53

Man I am honestly shocked I didn't get a legendary today/yesterday (at 910 right before they get buffed to 940), seems like it would've been just my luck. And I didn't really avoid doing any content this week, did a bunch of Mythic+ runs even after we got our +12. Kind of odd, I only have 2 legendaries but I do 20-30 Mythic+ runs per week. Oh well, won't complain that I only have to upgrade 2.

Well, it was as I feared. Skullblasters' use is shared with potions. It did crit for 700k though, so I can kind of understand why, but it's still a bummer.

Tarazet

Root pants are the bee's knees in Brawler's Guild. 80k HPS is enough to face tank anything that isn't a one-shot mechanic. If I can hit rank 8 before the hotfix buffs for Enhancement, I'll be a happy troll.

I didn't quite hit rank 8. I did manage to beat Nibbleh and Serpent of Old at 880 item level, but my Enhancement gear doesn't have the beans to get down Epicus Maximus. I had an attempt where I lived to enrage and he still had 10M health. You Hunters think you're in a bad spot, that there is a bad spot.

v1perz53

They took Ice Floes away from Arcane? Sad face.

Yea but they replaced it with a talent that makes Arcane Missiles and Evocation always castable while moving, which in my opinion plays way better, as long as you keep 1 stack of AM banked in case of movement. I was never a huge fan of Ice Floes honestly, always seemed to time it poorly such that I started moving just before using it and cancelled my current spell anyway or used it then used a spell leaving a strange gap in my casting, always felt a bit wonky. I'm just thankful they didn't remove it AND leave absolutely nothing in its place to help with movement.

I didn't quite hit rank 8. I did manage to beat Nibbleh and Serpent of Old at 880 item level, but my Enhancement gear doesn't have the beans to get down Epicus Maximus. I had an attempt where I lived to enrage and he still had 10M health. You Hunters think you're in a bad spot, that there is a bad spot.

I'm waiting until it dies down a bit to try it (I hate waiting so long between fights when Brawl Guild is popular) but this kind of makes me worried. I can only do it as Tank spec (Guardian) and I definitely don't have the burst DPS of actual DPS specs, so I am concerned I will hit a wall. Don't wanna level Feral/Balance artifact just for Brawl Guild...

Tarazet

I'm waiting until it dies down a bit to try it (I hate waiting so long between fights when Brawl Guild is popular) but this kind of makes me worried. I can only do it as Tank spec (Guardian) and I definitely don't have the burst DPS of actual DPS specs, so I am concerned I will hit a wall. Don't wanna level Feral/Balance artifact just for Brawl Guild...

Don't even try it in tank spec. You'll struggle to hit enrage timers on rank 1. You absolutely need to go into Brawler's Guild with a DPS spec now. Prydaz, Roots of Shaladrassil or similar are also super useful.

Yea but they replaced it with a talent that makes Arcane Missiles and Evocation always castable while moving, which in my opinion plays way better, as long as you keep 1 stack of AM banked in case of movement. I was never a huge fan of Ice Floes honestly, always seemed to time it poorly such that I started moving just before using it and cancelled my current spell anyway or used it then used a spell leaving a strange gap in my casting, always felt a bit wonky. I'm just thankful they didn't remove it AND leave absolutely nothing in its place to help with movement.

The changes are just weird. I get a visual thematically appropriate shield (nice) that's worse than what we used to have (not nice), get a talent I never used as a baseline (seriously, ramp up time to build charges never felt like an issue), and lose a general movement talent that's replaced with a specific one tied to only one damage ability that's a random proc...like, why?

The changes to shields make solo'ing PVE more painful and I've got the artifact talents that boost the damage they can absorb. If I could stomach level'ing another toon through legacy content I don't think I'd be playing this mage right now.

Top Bottom