• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Hopefully we can get Gul'dan in one lockout, we're gonna do normal and then heroic with a full group for the most possible loot.

I believe we're also doing an extra raid night on Monday for anyone who wants to push farther but that's not required.

good luck to everyone this week

going 4 splits deep kill me

The human body's limit is 3 split runs.

Milennia

Hopefully we can get Gul'dan in one lockout, we're gonna do normal and then heroic with a full group for the most possible loot.

I believe we're also doing an extra raid night on Monday for anyone who wants to push farther but that's not required.

The human body's limit is 3 split runs.

Europeans are from krypton with the 6

Einchy

Europeans aren't even real.

[edit]

I hope I don't fuck up my rotation too much tomorrow, with the new talents that Fury takes, it completely changed up my rotation.

v1perz53

good luck to everyone this week

going 4 splits deep kill me

God reminding me why I no longer raid. I miss Cata when we were able to get a US top 100 Spine of Deathwing kill as a 2 day a week guild that didn't run any splits.

Don't even try it in tank spec. You'll struggle to hit enrage timers on rank 1. You absolutely need to go into Brawler's Guild with a DPS spec now. Prydaz, Roots of Shaladrassil or similar are also super useful.

That's a bit of an exaggeration to be sure. At 886 on my Guardian I did the rank 1 fights in ~30-45 seconds each (2 minute enrage timer), you would have to be pretty terrible to not be able to beat the enrage on Rank 1-4ish even as a healer spec at reasonably high ilvls. That said, I definitely think enrage will be tough on 4+ as tank, especially Guardian with quite low ST DPS.

Milennia

God reminding me why I no longer raid. I miss Cata when we were able to get a US top 100 Spine of Deathwing kill as a 2 day a week guild that didn't run any splits.

That's a bit of an exaggeration to be sure. At 886 on my Guardian I did the rank 1 fights in ~30-45 seconds each (2 minute enrage timer), you would have to be pretty terrible to not be able to beat the enrage on Rank 1-4ish even as a healer spec at reasonably high ilvls. That said, I definitely think enrage will be tough on 4+ as tank, especially Guardian with quite low ST DPS.

the top 10 at least in cata was immense everyone ran at least 2-3 splits and thats just NA

im not entirely sure but i think ppl who dont run splits can break top 100 US these days with all the gear and mythic +. i would be surprised if it wasnt the case at least.

(yeah there are quite a few just checked)

Tarazet

It's not like tank DPS is kind of close to DPS DPS in this meta. It's half or less. I'm sure it could be done on some classes by dropping survivability talents, but for sure you hit a wall on the damage checks like Razorgrin.

v1perz53

Bah, 15 Essences from weekly Order Hall chest, 4 from Emissary quest. Looking at just over a week to upgrade one legendary for someone who doesn't raid and doesn't PvP at high level (can't even find the "PvP weekly quests" anyway). At least I only have 2 to upgrade.

Mupod

Bah, 15 Essences from weekly Order Hall chest, 4 from Emissary quest. Looking at just over a week to upgrade one legendary for someone who doesn't raid and doesn't PvP at high level (can't even find the "PvP weekly quests" anyway). At least I only have 2 to upgrade.

I've got 4, but only 3 are going to get upgraded (one is an Unholy ring from before I ditched that spec). But I do use all 3 regularly based on situation and will continue to do so.

I don't know if I'm relieved or annoyed that we can't farm them to infinity by spamming mythic+, since we were planning to go hard this week. We want the +15 and it's the ezmode (for us) sanguine/overflowing right now. The funny thing is our feral druid was itching to try for a +15 last night because we had a +14 nelth's key to attempt...it was skittish/bolstering/fortified aka the dead cat druid combo. And yes I've suggested he hold off for a few seconds on pulls like you've said, he doesn't listen.

At least I didn't get my fifth legendary before today, my friend got his fourth a couple days ago so he got boned. I've gotta be close by now, even considering I've wound down my playtime quite a bit I still did heroic/mythic raiding, karazhan, emissaries and several 10-13 mythic+ runs a week. Over two months that has to be a good amount of 'bad luck protection' built up. Gimme them Sindragosa pants.

Wonder how far we'll get this week. I've got 9 bonus rolls saved and I need to spend 3, I'd prefer to spend them on heroic but Nighthold seems pretty long and we only raid two nights for 3-ish hours. We do outgear normal nighthold significantly, at least. I could pug something but I don't hate myself that much.

I believe the PvP weekly quests are the ones for rated PvP. If you look at the window for it, you'll see the artifact power rewards along with tiny blue stars. Haven't done it myself but I'm going to assume it's like the mythic weekly chest. Based on your highest rating of that week, you'll get a reward the following Tuesday.

I've been tempted to try some 2s or 3s since I have two of the rated 5 win quests, so it might be easier to find a parter in guild now since it rewards items for the upgrades.

I wish Blizzard would increase the drop rate for Corrupted Essences now that Nighthold is out. It's so disheartening to only get one or two from a run through.

v1perz53

I've got 4, but only 3 are going to get upgraded (one is an Unholy ring from before I ditched that spec). But I do use all 3 regularly based on situation and will continue to do so.

I don't know if I'm relieved or annoyed that we can't farm them to infinity by spamming mythic+, since we were planning to go hard this week. We want the +15 and it's the ezmode (for us) sanguine/overflowing right now. The funny thing is our feral druid was itching to try for a +15 last night because we had a +14 nelth's key to attempt...it was skittish/bolstering/fortified aka the dead cat druid combo. And yes I've suggested he hold off for a few seconds on pulls like you've said, he doesn't listen.

At least I didn't get my fifth legendary before today, my friend got his fourth a couple days ago so he got boned. I've gotta be close by now, even considering I've wound down my playtime quite a bit I still did heroic/mythic raiding, karazhan, emissaries and several 10-13 mythic+ runs a week. Over two months that has to be a good amount of 'bad luck protection' built up. Gimme them Sindragosa pants.

Wonder how far we'll get this week. I've got 9 bonus rolls saved and I need to spend 3, I'd prefer to spend them on heroic but Nighthold seems pretty long and we only raid two nights for 3-ish hours. We do outgear normal nighthold significantly, at least. I could pug something but I don't hate myself that much.

Yea our WW has given up on holding off on the pull for Skittish, I had to change my spec completely to get around his impatience hah. Glad to be free of carpal tunnel now that it isn't a skittish week... I think we will push for the +15 acheiv this week as well, we haven't bothered pushing past +12 but we've been 2 chesting them pretty consistently the past few weeks, so I can't imagine a +15 would be out of reach. Our H Pal rolled a Mistweaver alt specifically for overflowing, and he got it to 880 with this week's chest (lucky bastard got 3 875 relics from a single Nightbane kill, one looted, one bonus rolled, one traded), so should make this week a lot easier.

Hope I get a legendary before we do our runs. Honestly no idea how it hasn't dropped yet. I'll take the Thrash damage bracers please, or the tank trinket so I never have to replace my trinket again, vers/mastery is absolutely perfect stat split for Guardian. Do wish that tank trinket didn't split damage on AoE though...

I believe the PvP weekly quests are the ones for rated PvP. If you look at the window for it, you'll see the artifact power rewards along with tiny blue stars. Haven't done it myself but I'm going to assume it's like the mythic weekly chest. Based on your highest rating of that week, you'll get a reward the following Tuesday.

I've been tempted to try some 2s or 3s since I have two of the rated 5 win quests, so it might be easier to find a parter in guild now since it rewards items for the upgrades.

You get the item immediately upon 10 wins, with the ilvl that it says. The item level is based on your rating the previous week.

I occasionally get some good things from it. In season 1, got an 885 Int/Haste stat stick. Generally it all has versatility on it, though, which makes it bad if that's not a stat you prefer.

v1perz53

What drops rates are people seeing for the legendary upgrade mats.

15 from the weekly class order chest, no matter what level of Mythic+ you did. 4 From an Emissary cache. Not sure about raid bosses since LFR isn't out yet, or the PvP weekly quests because that requires rated PvP content. I feel fairly confident that raid bosses will be the best way to get these, but no idea if the number that drops changes based on difficulty. I kind of doubt it though since they said you only get a drop from each boss once per week regardless of difficulty.

Basically though if you do at least one Mythic+ per week and do your emissary quests every day plus whatever NH LFR is out, it should take you ~1 week per legendary to upgrade, a little longer for the first one since no LFR yet, a little less if you raid all of NH.

v1perz53

The emissary cache ones are random, from 1-4 I believe.

I got 3 from mine today.

Ah that's pretty lame. Could increase the time to almost 2 full weeks per legendary if you get unlucky enough. I wish they would've released at least the first few bosses in LFR this week to help give it a bit of a boost, would've been nice to have one legendary upgraded before Mythic+ runs later in the week.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Got a legendary on Sunday. Got another just now from my weekly mythic chest (940 ilvl!!). Went so long without ever getting one too. Now I can't even equip the second one yet :(

15 on my rogue, 15 on my DK.

I now have 6 classes at level 110 all three relic slots, all at least ilvl 850 lmao (latest being my Monk which I just got my third relic slot a few hours ago).

Also, going to say this now, but MoP has the best OST, don't @ me.

Einchy

I'm at 24 on my alt and 21 on my main.

I made sure to save 2 of my emissary quests for today on my alt and I saved up one on my main. Honestly not even that excited about upgrading my legendaries since I'm pretty sure I'll have to upgrade Prydaz since none of my 4 are BIS and my best one, the ring, has shit stats for my spec and the proc has been nerfed to hell and highwater.

Lomax

For all the talk about how they "didn't change the emissary chests," they clearly did something, because none of the chests I had from prior to today gave any essences for the quest.

Magnus

12 days played at 110. Only two legendaries. That normal-ish? I'm doing plenty of end-game content, except for raids.

For all the talk about how they "didn't change the emissary chests," they clearly did something, because none of the chests I had from prior to today gave any essences for the quest.

I think they said it would just be chests awarded from today onward. They don't like people banking stuff to open later.

Nozomi

Banned
Guess i was just super lucky getting 4 legs with only 12~ days played on lvl 110. Seems like rerolling from hunter to dk worked.

The difference 60 ilvl's makes is absolutely bonkers. Ran Heroic Halls of Valor to complete a tailoring world quest on my mage, got paired with this Death Knight Tank/DPS duo that just went ham. They were pulling mobs the way I'm used to seeing full heirloom'd players do in legacy content, just absolutely huge mob trains. I thought we were going to wipe off of the first pull. Well, they were because I can just stealth out of anything that goes south. They went so fast they locked our healer out of the first boss fight but it didn't matter because both were rocking 875-910 ilvl gear, both with two Legendaries. Afterwards they proceeded to bag on the healer for the rest of the instance. Kept moving at an insane pace, pulling larger and larger mobs until they wiped and they didn't adjust. The healer was in 850 ilvl territory. I would've been horrified if I was that healer.

I didn't want to get kicked from the instance, so I didn't say anything, I just wanted to complete my WQ and move on, but what are you even doing in a Heroic dungeon if you're that over-geared? You're not gaining anything from a heroic dungeon or even WQ's at that point beyond farming rep. Do Emissary Cache's even net you anything of worth at that ilvl? I'm 840 and get mostly vendor trash to DE.

Lomax

They weren't supposed to...

I think they said it would just be chests awarded from today onward. They don't like people banking stuff to open later.

I know, but everyone on forums (including this one) said that there was no new chest item, and loot is generated on opening, so hoarding chests would actually be beneficial (don't get me wrong, I didn't hoard them, I just had a couple sitting). That was mostly in regards to the 910 vs 940 legendary drops thing, but still, Blizzard was clearly able to distinguish behind the scenes in old vs new chests even though there wasn't a new chest "item" in the database.

...but what are you even doing in a Heroic dungeon if you're that over-geared? You're not gaining anything from a heroic dungeon or even WQ's at that point beyond farming rep. Do Emissary Cache's even net you anything of worth at that ilvl? I'm 840 and get mostly vendor trash to DE.

The 100k power daily. I always try to run a heroic every day for it. Always feels great when it's a world quest for another 100k power too. Also pretty sure I picked up a legendary from a random heroic too.

As for the emissary caches pre-essence; legendary chance, stock piling order hall supplies, and I've heard rumors of very very small chances of world quest epics rolling 880/890. Mostly trash though.

Strimei

The changes are just weird. I get a visual thematically appropriate shield (nice) that's worse than what we used to have (not nice), get a talent I never used as a baseline (seriously, ramp up time to build charges never felt like an issue), and lose a general movement talent that's replaced with a specific one tied to only one damage ability that's a random proc...like, why?

The changes to shields make solo'ing PVE more painful and I've got the artifact talents that boost the damage they can absorb. If I could stomach level'ing another toon through legacy content I don't think I'd be playing this mage right now.

Don't forget also losing the only self-heal option too. Again. For some reason.

Shahadan

I don't get why they dodn't put an exclamation point or something on your hall chest. I still see people asking what it is despite them already having done a few mythic+, lol

Mupod

Made nice progress in nighthold normal for our first raid, after 3 hours we just have Tichondrius, Ellisande and Gul'dan left. Since our raid decided to distribute tier pieces by random roll for this raid, RNGesus smiled upon me and I got 2 885 pieces of the DK set. I got a couple trinkets too but I haven't figured out if they're good yet...one of them was this:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=140796/entwined-elemental-foci&bonus=3514#dropped-by

Which at first glance appears to be a better Memento of Angerboda, which should mean it's amazing for me. Needs more testing though.

Anyways, Krosus is a big fat joke and Botanist is batshit insane, so far I really like Nighthold overall.

Ark

Forgot to do the mythic dungeons for the artifact questline. Oops. No way I'll get Maw & Nelth's lair completed in-time before raid tonight. God dammit, I completely forgot.

Einchy

This is gonna be a REALLY hard raid to synch up CDs.

[edit]

Tons of fights with add phases that are either too fast or too slow, and then you gotta take into account Draught of Souls and Convergence, and then you have fights like Gul'dan that has an extra action button for a DPS boost.

EN was pretty easy with CDs, I really never had to hold off on using them and there weren't any trinkets that fucked with my CD usage.

mclem

I wish Blizzard would increase the drop rate for Corrupted Essences now that Nighthold is out. It's so disheartening to only get one or two from a run through.

I'm amazed they haven't adjusted the weekly cap on Illidan's grind.

Got the first three bosses in N NH down so far. I guess this is where it gets harder?

I'd be interested to hear suggested orders for when it opens up and you get a choice of five bosses.

Mupod

I wonder if this 2-piece Blood set bonus will put my runic power generation near where it was before they nerfed the shit out of our good talents. Still wish they'd clarify the thought process behind buffing Blooddrinker then nerfing it like 3 days later.

I haven't paid much attention to forums lately but it seems Frost DKs are flipping out over a rune regeneration stealth nerf? I'm still about the same place I was on the meters before and I beat everybody handily on Krosus even though I had no Old War potions left.

I'm amazed they haven't adjusted the weekly cap on Illidan's grind.

I'd be interested to hear suggested orders for when it opens up and you get a choice of five bosses.

Botanist seems way above the other bosses so far, Star Augur a distant second. Krosus in particular was super easy on normal. We stopped before Tichondrius so I don't know how he or the last two bosses stack up.

Thinking about it more, Botanist seems like it'd be a lot easier once you did it a lot and got into a rhythm. Right now it's just WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON

Zelias

Banned
Thinking about coming back, how are the Mage specs these days? I generally prefer Frost but Mage is one of those classes where I quite like all three specs lol.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Ended the night with three pieces (cloak, shoulders, gloves).

We went 6/10: Skorpryon -> Chronomatic Anomaly -> Trillax(3 wipes) -> Spellblade Auriel (1 wipe) -> Krosus (1 wipe) -> Tichondrius (1 wipe) -> Star Augur Etraeus (3 wipes)

Seems that you should do Auriel after you do Trillax. While it's certainly possible to just move along to the other bosses, it'd be a pain to have to constantly avoid her as you're moving in the area she walks around in.

Top Bottom