• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

are they ever going to like...fix the cata guild stuff? The perks? The leveling stuff? The stuff you can buy? The guild finder in game?

All untouched for half a decade

cPVpXqK.jpg

new ghoul model on companion app

HowZatOZ

Banned
So can anyone recommend me any good UI setups for druid healing? I'm really struggling compared to guardian tanking in actually healing efficiently and figured I should look at setting up a proper structure to my UI in hopes that may help me understand what I need to do while raiding.

I currently use base ElvUI with BigWigs and Details! as well.

Tarazet

even though I have no idea if they've tweaked drop rates or the 'soft cap' of 4, I kinda want to keep my playtime to a minimum until Tuesday in case a legendary drops. My friend got boned by a 910 legendary on Tuesday. No idea how painful it will be to upgrade them but I'd rather not take chances.

It's a bit of a shame that there's still no way for Frost to proc Sephuz on immune mobs, but it's super ridiculous in 5-man dungeons now. As Blood I'm just running around with 70% haste and sanic sprint (I also wear Aggramar's) all the time.

I got boned by a 910 legendary too this week. Dropped off of the first boss in ToV after I hadn't played my mage in weeks to avoid getting a legendary. And it was the BIS Fire Mage bracers, so I absolutely have to upgrade that shit.

I've been trying to decide on what character to focus on next and I think I'm just going to go with another Druid, a troll one this time. My main Druid is actually a boosted character and I kind of want to level one from the beginning.

Does anyone else have multiples of the same class?

I've been trying to decide on what character to focus on next and I think I'm just going to go with another Druid, a troll one this time. My main Druid is actually a boosted character and I kind of want to level one from the beginning.

I'm on the verge of making an Alliance druid just to have a character to dick around with in leveling zones / dungeons. I know I can always have fun dungeon spamming as a bear. I don't think I could play two at cap though.

When I played SWTOR I doubled up on at least half the advanced classes.

I got boned by a 910 legendary too this week. Dropped off of the first boss in ToV after I hadn't played my mage in weeks to avoid getting a legendary. And it was the BIS Fire Mage bracers, so I absolutely have to upgrade that shit.

I got one on my main this week, but since I know I will play my main a lot I'm not bothered. But I am absolutely avoiding pretty much anything to get a legendary on my other characters. Unless my friends really want me to run M+ on my alts, I don't think I'm going to bother even getting their weekly chest just to avoid loot drop scenarios. Your story is basically my nightmare scenario.

Also not opening any bags. I know they said they said level 940s won't drop from ones earned before Nighthold opens, but 1) I don't believe them 100 percent on that after the 7.1.5 bag situation and 2) even if they don't drop the 940s, they may very well drop the upgrade tokens at least.

I have/had two DKs at 100 to raid the same role on two raid teams during HFC. Leveled one to 110, the other is still at 100 for now. But my main is now my Demon Hunter so I haven't put much work at all in the one I leveled to 110 anyway.

Strimei

Haven't had a chance to play my main, arcane mage, since the patch until now.

Noticed they reined in the arcane familiar's wandering. Kinda sad, I liked it wandering about (edit: Oh! And it goes with you when you fly now, neat!). Also you no longer create mana pudding for yourself, its buns like for everyone else, which is a pity.

And I forgot Norgannon's Foresight got changed so that if you stand still for 8 seconds you can cast for 5 seconds while on the move. Gonna need to get used to that, but I like it.

edit: Oof our shield took a massive nerf, that thing is more tissue paper at this point.

Haven't had a chance to play my main, arcane mage, since the patch until now.

Noticed they reined in the arcane familiar's wandering. Kinda sad, I liked it wandering about (edit: Oh! And it goes with you when you fly now, neat!). Also you no longer create mana pudding for yourself, its buns like for everyone else, which is a pity.

And I forgot Norgannon's Foresight got changed so that if you stand still for 8 seconds you can cast for 5 seconds while on the move. Gonna need to get used to that, but I like it.

edit: Oof our shield took a massive nerf, that thing is more tissue paper at this point.

So norgannons Foresight lets you cast however many spells within 5 seconds?

Hmm. So theoretically, you stand still for 8 seconds, get the buff for 5 seconds, then 3 seconds after(If you remain standing still) you get the buff for 5 seconds again?(Does the timer overlap?)

If so, that will be a fucking amazing legendary for fights with heavy movement parts.

Strimei

So norgannons Foresight lets you cast however many spells within 5 seconds?

Hmm. So theoretically, you stand still for 8 seconds, get the buff for 5 seconds, then 3 seconds after(If you remain standing still) you get the buff for 5 seconds again?(Does the timer overlap?)

If so, that will be a fucking amazing legendary for fights with heavy movement parts.

I'm experimenting with it right now.

It does seem the timer overlaps, by my count 3 second after the buff ending, provided I am standing still again, it'll come back up.

I'm experimenting with it right now.

It does seem the timer overlaps, by my count 3 second after the buff ending, provided I am standing still again, it'll come back up.

Oh man

Whether that's intentional or not, but it lets you 'save' the buff until a heavy movement part(IE getting Rot on Nyth, or having to move places in the odyn fight' since 3 seconds is nothing, and it lets you maintain your DPS.

That makes the legendary very good for your DPS...

So I got into this random pug in scarlet halls, and the whole run the tank had problems holding aggro, would die really fast, and didn't pick up on the fact that spellcaster mobs were nuking me and causing me problems since I had to heal the damage I was taking, as well as him. (He never said a word, btw.) This culminated in the most satisfying moment I've ever had in WoW.

9xktqM4.jpg

We got up to this annoying boss that has a russian accent and quotes Rocky 4 at you. He has like 6 adds that help him in the fight. I did my best, but the tank sucked and of course, eventually died. This was the beginning of the end, without a tank we were living on borrowed time. My party members bravely fought against this slavic behemoth, but my heals and their cloth and leather based defenses were not enough to take those crippling hits. One by one, they fell, and commensurately my dread grew. But their doomed efforts had taken their toll, and by the time the last of my comrades had fallen, Brother Korloff had about 1k hp left. I panicked as he took out almost all of my health in one or two hits, and mashed the dash button. The brief burst of speed enabled by this ability brought me 15 seconds of precious time to kite him and desperately and repeatedly cast sunfire. It was enough.

Lomax

Oh man

Whether that's intentional or not, but it lets you 'save' the buff until a heavy movement part(IE getting Rot on Nyth, or having to move places in the odyn fight' since 3 seconds is nothing, and it lets you maintain your DPS.

That makes the legendary very good for your DPS...

The counter doesn't start until you move, so it's always "saved" after eight seconds... so I'm not real sure what you're describing here. Yes, it's awesome.

The counter doesn't start until you move, so it's always "saved" after eight seconds... so I'm not real sure what you're describing here. Yes, it's awesome.

Gotcha, I thought it would just proc itself after 8 seconds, not after using movement. Still...purty good.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Tons of huge buffs for a bunch of classes up on MMO-C.

Also, the Ret belt got a big nerf which I saw coming, that thing was insanely good.

Strimei

Yeah sorry I should've specified that. I was still kinda drowsy from a hard nap.

Does anyone know how good the trinket Spontaneous Appendages is?

Guess I should rephrase, can anyone let me know how good the proc for it is?

I don't know exactly how good it is but I know it was kind of nerfed by accident and should be buffed a bit in a hotfix soon.

Tarazet

Does anyone know how good the trinket Spontaneous Appendages is?

Guess I should rephrase, can anyone let me know how good the proc for it is?

It is an OK trinket. It doesn't do huge damage from the proc. If you play Enhancement, it is BIS because its proc sets off Stormbringer.

Zackat

wtf is going on with the potion of prolonged power price on my server

its 69.1g per

they're 88g on my server.

I think my server is one of the most expensive in all of WoW for this stuff though

potion of deadly grace are 275g each right now and that is the cheapest I have seen them ever.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
wtf is going on with the potion of prolonged power price on my server

its 69.1g per
They increased the material cost to make it by a pretty substantial amount. Given how close it tracks to Old War and stuff like that it was weird how cheap it was, but I wish the cost for potions and elixirs went down because it really is the only profession that everyone is expected to throw money at.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
They increased the material cost to make it by a pretty substantial amount. Given how close it tracks to Old War and stuff like that it was weird how cheap it was, but I wish the cost for potions and elixirs went down because it really is the only profession that everyone is expected to throw money at.

I just checked, it's still 1 per 10.

is it better than potion of deadly grace? MIght invest in some deadly grace but...idk.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
is it better than potion of deadly grace? MIght invest in some deadly grace but...idk.
You'd have to check for your spec, but I doubt it is better. The difference between Potion of Prolonged Power and a regular potion is not that big though so if I'm not doing progression or something I'll start popping them. If you are using them you have to play around them lasting a minute though.
Like I look at that and I look at the hundreds of extra gold old war is and I'm just like...yeah...maybe not today...

You'd have to check for your spec, but I doubt it is better. The difference between Potion of Prolonged Power and a regular potion is not that big though so if I'm not doing progression or something I'll start popping them. If you are using them you have to play around them lasting a minute though.

Like I look at that and I look at the hundreds of extra gold old war is and I'm just like...yeah...maybe not today...

Damn

I'm a fire mage, so it can be pretty good but, only if ignite/combustion can proc it..

Prolonged Power can absolutely be best for your spec depending on the situation. Have to check. For instance, it's better than Old War for all rogue specs in AoE situations, AFAIK. And I'm pretty sure it's better for Outlaw in single target, too.

Nista

I hope once the hotfixes hit, I can go back to a Boulderfist build. I'm old and I just don't feel like spamming rockbiter every second of my life. Wouldn't mind dumping FoA too, since the graphical glitches make me waste time checking on it.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
This topic is quite tired already I think, but soloing legacy content (raids primarily) as shadow priest is a nuisance unless you have chosen the Shadow Crash talent (only AoE available to shadow priests). Prior to 7.1.5, Mind Sear made soloing large packs of mobs in legacy raids quite easy, it's a shame that spell was removed.

I did Temple of Ahn'Qiraj yesterday and the onslaught of Vekniss Drones continued for a long time as they were plenty in numbers and I didn't want to stand in one spot and just click everything down. This was the first time after the release of 7.1.5 I went to this particular raid, so I didn't know what to expect. Next time I will probably use Shadow Crash.

v1perz53

What in the world is going on today? A ton of NPCs in older zones are just missing. I have a toon I'm trying to wrap up some random mount/acheive dailies on, so I do some random old expansion content every day on it. Two of the quest givers in the Argent Tournament area are not there, every NPC in Therazane's Throne in Deepholm is missing, and one of the Molten Front questgivers is missing. Checked on a character on another server and NPCs are also missing, but different ones in each place. Super weird.

Rösti;228343340 said:
This topic is quite tired already I think, but soloing legacy content (raids primarily) as shadow priest is a nuisance unless you have chosen the Shadow Crash talent (only AoE available to shadow priests). Prior to 7.1.5, Mind Sear made soloing large packs of mobs in legacy raids quite easy, it's a shame that spell was removed.

I did Temple of Ahn'Qiraj yesterday and the onslaught of Vekniss Drones continued for a long time as they were plenty in numbers and I didn't want to stand in one spot and just click everything down. This was the first time after the release of 7.1.5 I went to this particular raid, so I didn't know what to expect. Next time I will probably use Shadow Crash.

That is actually kind of interesting. Mind Sear wasn't really "removed", it was made passive so that if you Mind Flay a target with SW:p up Mind Flay is AoE and acts exactly as Mind Sear did. This is generally a useability buff since you don't need two binds, and don't lose ST damage to AoE. The unintended consequence of this seems to be that if you are doing anything where the mob will die from the SW:p (old raids, etc) SP effectively has no AoE without Shadow Crash. Though I don't think that is really a problem, not too different than an Assassination rogue having a really annoying time with the trash before Ultraxion in Dragon Soul I guess. Next time for soloing old raids just swap to holy and kill everything in 1-2 Holy Novas. Seems only to be an issue if things die ultra fast, in which case Holy Nova spam would beat whatever Shadow could do anyway.

Tarazet

I hope once the hotfixes hit, I can go back to a Boulderfist build. I'm old and I just don't feel like spamming rockbiter every second of my life. Wouldn't mind dumping FoA too, since the graphical glitches make me waste time checking on it.

Amen to that. I tried the old cookie cutter build after the nerfs, because I still prefer it, and I was doing about 20% less damage than Windsong/FoA. That's just ridiculous. There's no reason for there to be such a huge disparity between builds.

It's not that FoA feels bad, and the BF build was pretty much button spam too. It's just that it has such good synergy and it works equally well in every kind of encounter.

Nokterian

Affliction Warlock in PvE is strong..goddamn, i am really enjoying this dunno if it will get nerfed again but now to me it really feels fun to play warlock again..i skip demo and destro for the moment.

Nokterian

Does Aff still suck on single target fights? Haven't been paying attention.

Nope it is very strong now since Malefic Grasp is a new talent in the first tree. When using drain soul your dots will do 80% more damage. A page back it showing the new damage charts and affliction warlock is number 2 there this is about the raids.

Did SoO Mythic with a friend today and finally got the Kor'kron Juggernaut mount. It was funny because last time we went there my friend got it. That's one less reason to do SoO, I guess. Still don't have the shaman set tho..

v1perz53

No, the new talent Malefic Grasp shot it way up the charts

Honestly it is almost too bad Malefic Grasp is so strong, I think Haunt is way more interesting as a way to boost ST damage, since it requires some thought and management, while Malefic is basically a passive that lets you do more damage. Always thought the old Haunt gameplay was really interesting and would've loved to see it brought back. Also, something as passive as Malefic that is so strong is a likely candidate to be nerfed versus something that needs a bit more thought to be strong.

Top Bottom