• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

I can't stand playing my DK anymore (which sucks! That was my favorite tank class since wrath) and decided to try a demon hunter and I'm liking it a LOT more. So now I have to basically start from scratch. About how long does it take to finish balance of power these days? My guild fell apart so I'll probably be LFRing it.

v1perz53

I can't stand playing my DK anymore (which sucks! That was my favorite tank class since wrath) and decided to try a demon hunter and I'm liking it a LOT more. So now I have to basically start from scratch. About how long does it take to finish balance of power these days? My guild fell apart so I'll probably be LFRing it.

Balance of Power items don't drop in LFR, normal mode or higher (if you're talking about the quest line to do the 3rd appearance row), 6-8 weeks of full clears should get you through EN one, NH one seems doable in 1-2 weeks?

Balance of Power items don't drop in LFR, normal mode or higher (if you're talking about the quest line to do the 3rd appearance row), 6-8 weeks of full clears should get you through EN one, NH one seems doable in 1-2 weeks?

Is that quest going to be required for the class hall mount? I hope not..

The one nice thing about having had such crappy luck with legendaries so far is I don't have too many of those essence quests to run until I have them all upgraded to 940....

I got my 3rd legendary last night for my shaman.

As soon as I got it I thought "maybe i should have set loot spec for resto since i've been healing in LFR"

then I realized it was the health regen pants which I can use for resto and not feel 'as bad' for healing while wearing Enhancement spec legendaries. Still, i'm happy I got those pants since they're good for the brawler's guild, and I can use them for all 3 specs.

side note: healing for LFR seems so damn easy. I have no idea what i'm doing, but the queues are a LOT faster than for DPS, and people aren't drying. Still, it's good practice for when I level Priest and Druid alts.

Strimei

They've said that you'll get the 34-54 AP refunded in 7.2, have they given any indication as to how many new traits the full 20 levels' AP would equate to?

No idea but I imagine the cost of each rank of the fourth gold trait right now is probably a fair estimation of how much it'll be.

archaeology has been an afterthought since cata, and it seems like they tried in legion and by "trying" i mean made a lot of bad quests

Hell it wasn't even that well thought out in Cataclysm too, though at least you had some other uses for it (like the dungeon buff if you use a archaeology keystone).

The one thing I will grant archaeology in Legion, though, is that at least its easy to get the rare solve you want since it cycles through them. No more farming for god knows how long for your bug mount.

Guild is now recruiting hunter, boomkin, and a non-Druid tank if anyone here was so inclined~

And yeah, banwave. Been out all day though so I haven't really been able to see the effect it has had on prices on my server.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Krosus is so much harder than the first 3, it's kind of dumb that the difficulty ramps up this fast.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I cannot believe Blizz's lack of understanding in how poorly designed class hall sets are for alts.

'It'll bet 860 in 7.2' is absolutely meaningless, since the cap on WQ loot is rising at the same time, and given that at least (IIRC) 3 of the pieces are gear locked to revered (2 revered of any rep for one, Nightfallen revered for another, and Nightfallen exalted for the shoulders)

Granted, Blizz has said they're maybe looking into lowering the rep requirements, but without that modification, it's utterly inane to try and justify these as being meaningful outside of a select few who barely do anything.

Even doing WQs to unlock the reps will have you with more 860 gear than the class hall can provide.

So I should just give up on that third artifact skin then?

I cannot believe Blizz's lack of understanding in how poorly designed class hall sets are for alts.

'It'll bet 860 in 7.2' is absolutely meaningless, since the cap on WQ loot is rising at the same time, and given that at least (IIRC) 3 of the pieces are gear locked to revered (2 revered of any rep for one, Nightfallen revered for another, and Nightfallen exalted for the shoulders)

Granted, Blizz has said they're maybe looking into lowering the rep requirements, but without that modification, it's utterly inane to try and justify these as being meaningful outside of a select few who barely do anything.

Even doing WQs to unlock the reps will have you with more 860 gear than the class hall can provide.

At this point I just consider those sets as transmog material

I've always considered those sets (ugly or not) to be transmog fodder than actually serving a purpose.

Tarazet

Man, being an undergeared Shadow Priest really feels bad at this point. You do no damage in dungeons because by the time you get into Voidform, the boss is dead. Shadow Crash is just not adequate to make up for how bad and slow the AoE is. Then again, it feels crazy that I dinged 110 on this character on Saturday, and I'm 30 points into the Shadow weapon with an item level of 838. Just need to finish the Priest campaign and things should get better quick.

And to keep telling myself that gear and time will solve the problems.

Is there anyone on NA Horde that wants to occasionally run some 8-12 M+? My two friends and I are having trouble getting people in our guild to consistently do more mythic + runs and we're not too fond of pugging. Looking for a solid ranged and healer. Lower keys are fine too, just looking for people who actually want to run m+ :)

Got Gul'dan normal down with an OpenRaid pug today. I struggled on that fight big time as elemental and it'll probably be another week or two before my casual guild can kill him. Must be an interesting fight on heroic.

Man, being an undergeared Shadow Priest really feels bad at this point. You do no damage in dungeons because by the time you get into Voidform, the boss is dead. Shadow Crash is just not adequate to make up for how bad and slow the AoE is. Then again, it feels crazy that I dinged 110 on this character on Saturday, and I'm 30 points into the Shadow weapon with an item level of 838. Just need to finish the Priest campaign and things should get better quick.

And to keep telling myself that gear and time will solve the problems.

Not having DPS legendaries feels bad myself as a fire mage. The forbearance is real.

mclem

No idea but I imagine the cost of each rank of the fourth gold trait right now is probably a fair estimation of how much it'll be.

My gut feeling is that it'll be more than that; the fourth gold trait has a much shallower rate of increase than previous levels, and I suspect they'll be wanting a more exponential increase in AP requirements for 'real' traits.

so how is affliction supposed to work

following the guide, but on my current gear level, I find I'm doing higher dps as my destro than affliction(Even though I have crit/mastery prioritized).

Mupod

Necrotic definitely isn't as bad as it was. Obviously the change to Bone Shield was a big one - not having my stacks devoured by dots is huge. But I think necrotic is also being blocked by parries now, which it absolutely was not before. I'd just get stacked up to 30+ even with dancing rune weapon active. My group's DPS has ramped up a lot but raging +14 fortified trash mobs can still obliterate me.

Blood DK 4 piece set bonus seems ok, just some extra runes and RP. Pretty boring, noticeable but not huge. Not like the Frost one which almost lets me extend Breath of Sindragosa long enough for the 2 minute cooldown to come back up.

Rambaldi

We downed 6 bosses last night in Nighthold. Auger was a first. Didn't have enough tint to try Tich more than once but he seemed super easy so he will go down as well on Sunday.

Einchy

Hardest part of Mythic Krosus is people who refuse to get the weakaura to not release and yet they keep releasing.

Hardest part of Mythic Krosus is people who refuse to get the weakaura to not release and yet they keep releasing.

One thing I read some guild did was a 10,000g penalty (donation to the guild bank) for releasing.

Oh, I also finally figured out how to view logs and exclude certain items (e.g. BiS legendaries). It paints a disgusting picture when I remove those, cause the DPS is like 80-100k less on average for my spec (Havoc). Which is enough to make at least a 10-15% difference or so on parses. Makes me feel horrible, and slightly less horrible at the same time, knowing that I'm being held back by fucking RNG gear more than anything else in all likelihood. I'm not saying there's spots I can't improve on, for sure there's plenty of room to be made by practice and understanding fights better (timing CDs, etc.), but UGH. Doesn't help that I get thrown (or am forced to perform) shit jobs a lot when we have multiple rogues and other melee that just want to whore DPS all the time. It might be easier for me to do some mechanics cause I get dash in and out (e.g. helping fel bonds on Gul'Dan), but I'll be damned if it's not a huge sacrifice.

Also I'm almost certain that because of my lack of BiS legendaries, I'm kinda fucking boned should I ever want to change guilds, when there's X many people that there simply luckier than I am, who because of their luck, have a significantly higher DPS potential.

I sincerely hope they drop the pure rng elements with the next expansion pack. There's nothing fun or good about hoping to get a profession proc to finally get 3rd tier on a craft, a dice roll to trigger a hidden artifact will appear or to randomly get a 'good' legendary drop from fucking whatever.

The whole drive to have deterministic and non-deterministic loot in Legion is kind of a failure from where I see it.

Einchy

Oh, I also finally figured out how to view logs and exclude certain items (e.g. BiS legendaries). It paints a disgusting picture when I remove those, cause the DPS is like 80-100k less on average for my spec (Havoc). Which is enough to make at least a 10-15% difference or so on parses. Makes me feel horrible, and slightly less horrible at the same time, knowing that I'm being held back by fucking RNG gear more than anything else in all likelihood. I'm not saying there's spots I can't improve on, for sure there's plenty of room to be made by practice and understanding fights better (timing CDs, etc.), but UGH. Doesn't help that I get thrown (or am forced to perform) shit jobs a lot when we have multiple rogues and other melee that just want to whore DPS all the time. It might be easier for me to do some mechanics cause I get dash in and out (e.g. helping fel bonds on Gul'Dan), but I'll be damned if it's not a huge sacrifice.

Also I'm almost certain that because of my lack of BiS legendaries, I'm kinda fucking boned should I ever want to change guilds, when there's X many people that there simply luckier than I am, who because of their luck, have a significantly higher DPS potential.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/11#boss=1865&class=Warrior&spec=Fury

You're pretty fucked if you don't have the helmet. >:

[edit]

LDbOl4e.png

I'd be doing about 50k more with just the helmet, now imagine if I had the helmet + the cloak...

Oh yeah, as of today, it's been a month since I got my last legendary.

vocab

Killed mythic krosus and mythic spellblade in one night. Not bad. Spent all last week on them so I mean that's how it should be but man mark of frost, and burning pitch is some unforgiving bullshit.

Milennia

Killed mythic krosus and mythic spellblade in one night. Not bad. Spent all last week on them so I mean that's how it should be but man mark of frost, and burning pitch is some unforgiving bullshit.

I miss mechanics bosses, been on a numbers check for a week and a half already.

StuffRuff

As someone who finds it difficult to commit to a weekly schedule for playing, LFR has been an absolute god send for me. Queues are normally under 10 mins and means for the first time that I'm getting to try all of the content in a patch (albeit only the NH ones they've released for LFR). Managed to get my DK to 860 and happy with what I've done for the first time in a few releases.

Other side of the coin is I feel like I'm pretty burnt out now. I've done all of the dungeons at Heroic and some at Mythic and had a go at all of the raids available at normal level. I can only imagine its much of the same at HC and M+ for a lot more stress. WQ's now becoming a bit of a grind.

Think I'm going to go into alt leveling hibernation until my sub runs out. Really impressed with legion altogether though!

Einchy

They need to fix the bug where people don't show up on the list when they queue up. Don't know how many times I've seen people queue up, I tell lead to invite them, and they say they don't show up for them.

Mupod

we ran a +15 BRH last night. Bats with necrotic still fucking SUCK but the rest of the place isn't too bad. I swear they nerfed Smashspite - he never used his brutal haymaker ability once. The wrathguards also either no longer have infinite melee range or my group finally figured out that you need to stun them.

Didn't get it in time but we weren't trying to. We might have 1 or 2 group members that want to just run endless mythic+ but I've got too many other things to deal with atm to spend that amount of time on WoW. I underestimated how long Yakuza 0 is...

So my guild is currently struggling on Chronomatic Anomaly. I feel like we're doing something mechanically/strategically wrong over any numbers issue. Numbers-wise I guess the question would be whether to 4 or 5 heal it.

But besides that, how exactly do other groups here handle the encounter? We've tried splitting into two evenish groups, also tried stacking one side and leaving another with just a tank, healer, and one melee to interrupt. Also with pushing the phases - amount of time before interrupting the boss we've tried different things.

No matter what we do, we don't make it past that 3rd or 4th set of adds. Our best attempts end at like 18%, at which point everyone dies to something or another. Some have suggested we vantus rune, but an extra 3-5% damage (+ whatever reduction) across the board isn't going to bridge a nearly 20% gap. I'm confident our DPS just isn't shit, but that we're screwing up something in regards to add management or how long to stay in certain phases.

I can link some logs later if it would help.

Epix

So my guild is currently struggling on Chronomatic Anomaly. I feel like we're doing something mechanically/strategically wrong over any numbers issue. Numbers-wise I guess the question would be whether to 4 or 5 heal it.

But besides that, how exactly do other groups here handle the encounter? We've tried splitting into two evenish groups, also tried stacking one side and leaving another with just a tank, healer, and one melee to interrupt. Also with pushing the phases - amount of time before interrupting the boss we've tried different things.

No matter what we do, we don't make it past that 3rd or 4th set of adds. Our best attempts end at like 18%, at which point everyone dies to something or another. Some have suggested we vantus rune, but an extra 3-5% damage (+ whatever reduction) across the board isn't going to bridge a nearly 20% gap. I'm confident our DPS just isn't shit, but that we're screwing up something in regards to add management or how long to stay in certain phases.

I can link some logs later if it would help.

Mythic?

Top Bottom