• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

So my guild is currently struggling on Chronomatic Anomaly. I feel like we're doing something mechanically/strategically wrong over any numbers issue. Numbers-wise I guess the question would be whether to 4 or 5 heal it.

But besides that, how exactly do other groups here handle the encounter? We've tried splitting into two evenish groups, also tried stacking one side and leaving another with just a tank, healer, and one melee to interrupt. Also with pushing the phases - amount of time before interrupting the boss we've tried different things.

No matter what we do, we don't make it past that 3rd or 4th set of adds. Our best attempts end at like 18%, at which point everyone dies to something or another. Some have suggested we vantus rune, but an extra 3-5% damage (+ whatever reduction) across the board isn't going to bridge a nearly 20% gap. I'm confident our DPS just isn't shit, but that we're screwing up something in regards to add management or how long to stay in certain phases.

I can link some logs later if it would help.
Try going up to 8 PO stacks on the first set. Should not be getting 4 set of adds. As far as splitting the raid, I don't think we're doing that, we're sending maybe 5 people over to deal with the add and the rest of the raid sticks with the boss, not 100% sure if this is true on every add though.

v1perz53

Thank Jeebus, only 5 more days of dailies and I'll be done with both Baradin's Wardens and Oracles rep on my "loremaster + max every rep" toon. Will be nice because those are the last two reps I need for Cata and WotLK respectively that aren't tied to a raid, and will mean I don't need to go to Northrend anymore for my daily "chores" and the only cata chores I have will be checking for the Pebble daily quest in Deepholm and checking stupid Serithra's Roost for that one annoying achiev. Still something like 15 days shy of finishing Ogri'la/Skyguard and Netherwing in TBC, but don't really care as much about those since I have the mounts already from back in the day (and still nothing on the 17 weeks needed to max Hydraxian Waterlords rep hah).

Getting ready to move into MoP content, wanted to clear some of those reps out before starting on MoP quests since I really enjoy that expansion's quest and story, and I'd rather be able to go through it without popping around the world daily for random chores. I am glad they added MoP to timewalking though, gonna make it SO much easier maxing some of those reps using the timewalking rep tokens (specifically the Shadopan Assault and Emperor Shaohao tokens).

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
What we do is just send our Prot Pally to the left on the first wave since he is able to do all the interrupting, everyone kills the adds on the right, and we stick on the boss until 8 stacks. We did this this week and the fight was exponentially easier.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
got the legendary fury warrior cloak today

my first dps leg hells yeah

9UpzYEgl.jpg

Pickman

So, I have a DK and a Druid to 110.

Options for next toon to level are:
DH
Rogue
Pally
Hunter
Monk
Warlock

Thoughts? Which is the most fun to play?

Strimei

Monks. I'm biased but Monks. Warlock if ranged.

Agreed on monks. I love how monks, windwalker at least, feels this expansion. It felt kinda clunky near the end of MoP and through most of WoD, but with the mastery change and new talents, god I love it. It flows together so well.

Agreed on monks. I love how monks, windwalker at least, feels this expansion. It felt kinda clunky near the end of MoP and through most of WoD, but with the mastery change and new talents, god I love it. It flows together so well.

Yup. The rotation feels so smooth now that I got the tier 2 bonus+lege that reduces chi cost of Fists by 2. Can drop a lot more crane kicks on dungs too.

DH
Rogue
Pally
Hunter
Monk
Warlock

Monk and Paladin are in a pretty great place, Demon Hunter is super fun by all accounts. Hunter and Warlock pet a.i./pathing can be pretty horrendous, this is sort of amplified with Demonology, which can make both classes frustrating to play at times. Don't know much about Rogue beyond I purely want one for its class mount.

Tarazet

DH
Rogue
Pally
Hunter
Monk
Warlock

DH tank is really fun and engaging, the DPS rotation is odd and the best talents seem to change by the week.

Rogue, I couldn't get into how Outlaw feels. Squishy and kind of weak. Sin is okay but has no AoE.

If you are a Paladin player you will never play anything else. If not, you'll never really get it.

Monk is super fun. All of the specs are.

Warlock - if you've played the class a little you know what to expect. Slow movement speed, lots of character in the spell animations and pets. Demonology rotation is extremely difficult and requires you to be a stationary turret.

Nokterian

DH - really fast and fun, not a lot of buttons to push feels really arcadey sorta. But overall it can be fun.

Rogue - I am leveling one..outlaw is okish but Assassination is better at least to me even for leveling

Pally - Also leveling currently with retribution i don't know it feels so damn squashy even for a plate armor class

Hunter - Mine is still stuck at level 94 on another realm, i still need to level him up so don't know how it feels right now from WoD to Legion

Monk - Windwalker feels great, really really fun when doing a combo of your attacks you can kill multiple enemy's at once, you should try it!

Warlock- Warlock is a bit of a weird place but i can say Affliction is the way to go,most damage output,most effective in healing yourself,easiest spec to level up. Use Demon Skin,Siphon Life,DoT on every enemy and go to the next. Demonology is just like others said not recommended. You need to maintain to much for damage keeping timers in sight for your demons and such. Destruction is good and fun also but it needs a damage boost.

Put the text in your post

Syf

Banned
Grinded for Underlight Angler and the Brinedeep mount all day today. That's enough fishing for me for this whole expansion lol

Nere

I really like this expansion but I feel kinda like a prisoner in the broken isles. I went back to orgrimmar to buy something and I thought how much I missed the world outside of the broken isles and how there is no incentive to leave the isles. I know that this expansion did more than any previous expansion at addressing this but I still feel there needs to be more.

I think the next step in WoW should be to put the world quests to the whole of azeroth as well. Imagine how nice it will feel to have to go to feralas for a quest or badlands. I know it will create long travel times but I think it will still feel more like a world rather than being imprisoned in the broken isles and have no reason to ever leave them for 2 years. I really hope blizzard takes advantage of the old world as well.

Shahadan

Can't wait for the next expansion and see that

-there is another World Tree even if we're not even sure or remember what origin, purpose or use the others had
-there is another highest peak of all azeroth EVER this time we swear
-there is another "woops we forgot because we don't know our own story even if it all fits on a small paper" retcon
-there is another doomsday plotline but we spend at least a whole year actively ignoring it
-there is still no sign of Wrathion despite everything being his fault to begin with

Grinded for Underlight Angler and the Brinedeep mount all day today. That's enough fishing for me for this whole expansion lol

I'm actually a little bummed about the sargeras vendor. Basically made UA completely useless. Bloods while fishing are way too rare.

Corpekata

Banned
Throwing in another rec for monks. I don't usually like melee DPS (mostly retired my DH after 110 after I decided to just make my DK a tank), and some of the earlier levelling was a little boring, but it's a lot of fun to play.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Ridiculous how fast H25 Lich King goes down now compared to when I was playing WoD. Back then, it took me a little less than a minute i think, now... 1 second lol.

v1perz53

Damn, I should really bother to get my order hall followers ilvl up on my alts, apparently, I've made 60k the past 3 weeks from order hall missions on my main alone. That would definitely end up being more income than garrisons ever were if I got some alts going. Its just so much harder to get a team of 5 maxed followers now though, because the ilvl upgrade tokens are so random.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Damn, I should really bother to get my order hall followers ilvl up on my alts, apparently, I've made 60k the past 3 weeks from order hall missions on my main alone. That would definitely end up being more income than garrisons ever were if I got some alts going. Its just so much harder to get a team of 5 maxed followers now though, because the ilvl upgrade tokens are so random.

If it's anything like the garrisons, i believe the more alts you have, the rarer the gold missions are so it balance things out... am I wrong?

Sölf

We cleared our first +15 yesterday, not in time though. We progressed through CoS +14 before (we barely are in there, so we had problems - and we failed one run by 5 seconds) and then got Nelth +15. Those scorpions at the end as well as the Pelters are total aids.

vocab

I have 4 legendaries but the app tells me I have 2 fail.
Yeah, for some characters, this shit doesnt have any sort of logic or reason. My alt has 3 and has less kp than someone with 1.

Its pretty accurate for my main who has 5.

v1perz53

I have 4 legendaries but the app tells me I have 2 fail.

Sölf;229707063 said:
According to this, I should have 3 legendaries. I have 5. :3

Yeah, for some characters, this shit doesnt have any sort of logic. My alt has 3 and has less kp than someone with 1.

Its pretty accurate for my main.

Screw all you guys and your good luck. My main has enough KP for 4 and just barely got my third. Our healer is well over the KP for 3 and still only has one... But its like anything with statistics, it basically just uses an average of when people get their legendaries, but because of low drop rate the standard deviation is HUGE, so individuals will see wildly different results. Basically just a tool to tell you how lucky/unlucky you're getting when compared to the rest of the population.

If it's anything like the garrisons, i believe the more alts you have, the rarer the gold missions are so it balance things out... am I wrong?

Doesn't seem to be. A few guild mates with 2-3 maxed order hall follower sets are making 2-3x more per week than me. Small sample size, but it seems they didn't bother to balance it like they did in WoD because, unlike garrisons, you need a max level alt with a pretty chunky amount of time devoted to it to get the gold missions going. Versus garrisons where before the nerf a lv 90 toon could've had a ton of gold coming in weekly.

vocab

Screw all you guys and your good luck. My main has enough KP for 4 and just barely got my third. Our healer is well over the KP for 3 and still only has one... But its like anything with statistics, it basically just uses an average of when people get their legendaries, but because of low drop rate the standard deviation is HUGE, so individuals will see wildly different results. Basically just a tool to tell you how lucky/unlucky you're getting when compared to the rest of the population.

What luck? I average one legendary every month and a half. As far as im concerned, im tied to a timer, and I dont do emissary boxes. At this point I dont care about legendaries, and I know when im about to get one.

My alt is all bullshit luck.

Lomax

Since they boosted the gold bonus to 1500 per mission I think it's been comparable to garrisons. It's much less consistent though, I'll go a few days without one, and there's definitely something limiting it on an account level too, as I have three characters doing missions now and one is less geared and when I get stuck unable to do those missions I notice a decrease in missions available on my other characters as well.

The classes that get random items back from missions instead of a consistent two per day get screwed though, it doesn't seem like it would be a big difference but it really is. Getting those rare +30% items is essential and when you get less than half as many items they are really hard to come by.

what are kill points? according to this I have 500 kill points on my alt, which I have played for like 5 hours and my main has 1000 kill points which I have played like 500 hours

and what about the legendary item on the right?

It's a system some people came up with that seems to give a believable explaination for the bad luck protection, but it most likely is completely different than what Blizzard actually uses. Basically the assumption is it will always take twice as long each time to get your next legendary.

v1perz53

What luck? I average one legendary every month and a half. As far as im concerned, im tied to a timer, and I dont do emissary boxes. At this point I dont care about legendaries, and I know when im about to get one.

My alt is all bullshit luck.

That sounds like luck to me! A legendary every month and a half, without doing emissaries. My main waited 3 months between legendaries 2 and 3, and that was WITH doing emissaries every day. Every single person in my M+ group has at least 1 less legendary than the "tier" they are at according to that site.

Though, I guess in your case it is less "good luck" and more "lack of bad luck", which I would honestly take in a second over this BS.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Kill Points were just made up by the guy who devoured all that WoW armory data to present some believable legendary droprates. He took all that data and churned out an expectation of when the average player with you know X kills, quests, etc... received Y legendary. So if you're beating the KP, all it means is you're beating the average player in RNG. If you're below, RIP. It's nothing magical, just an expectation/estimation based on the limited data available to the player base. Good tool though, I've been using it for awhile and I got my 4th legendary right around that 2200 KP mark.

He did say it gets more inaccurate after 4 legendaries because the data is murkier. I suspect you get your 5th a bit sooner than the tool predicts.

Site says three but I have five, interesting. Also have had the luck where they're all decent too.

Just this Thursday I picked up the boots for Assassination which I've heard are BiS, so once I get more traits into my Kingslayers, I can play a real spec!

Lomax

I'm guessing that tool is assuming you've done every possible emissary chest since you hit 110, because there's no way it knows how much you've exactly done. Which means if you've done much less it's actually way overestimating your odds of having one. Plus, it doesn't seem to take into account when you got each legendary, and we know the bad luck protection resets when you get a drop. Plus, we know things like 7.1 have tweaked drop rates. So while the theory might be sound and might give you a sense that maybe you've either been lucky or not, it's really not providing any "real" information.

Edit: after looking at all my characters... yeah, this is garbage. While the kill points idea might be sound, the points it thinks each of my characters have make no sense. I have one character that has run dozens of mythics and done almost every emissary chest and another that's literally run zero mythics and yet the "kill points" listed are almost identical. I don't think it can distinguish by character well enough and account level information is deceiving it.

Strimei

-there is another highest peak of all azeroth EVER this time we swear

While small (so to speak), this is something in Legion that really bothers me.

I mean yeah, its called Highmountain, but we just came from a land that had a Mount Everest-alike, and damn it, that should be the highest peak.

Thinking a little bit about that legendary site, have to remember that it's still just an estimate, or however it works. The drops are still RNG, and no matter how they are weighted, you'll get outliers and special cases.

For example, the time between my 3rd and 4th was a week. So an extremely lucky roll. Taking that into account and how I got my 5th on Thursday, and site estimating I'm really close to my 4th, I'd say it's somewhat decent.

In the grand scheme of things, it's more of an issue how people have to worry what legendary they get since some make or brake specs.

Moff

It's a system some people came up with that seems to give a believable explaination for the bad luck protection, but it most likely is completely different than what Blizzard actually uses. Basically the assumption is it will always take twice as long each time to get your next legendary.

that's really odd because on my main I have 18 days played at 110 with 1000KP and on my DH I have 2 days played at 110 with 500KP, just doesn't add up to me.

Epix

that's really odd because on my main I have 18 days played at 110 with 1000KP and on my DH I have 2 days played at 110 with 500KP, just doesn't add up to me.

It probably looks up your armory to see the number of mythic+ and boss kills you have and tries to make an educated guess at the amount of KP you have.

Magnus

YUUUSSS

First one was off a boss in Mythic Reg Maw, Zenk'aram (the VE helm), and was shitty, but still awesome since it was my first.

Second was Twins' Painful Touch, off the Dreamweaver Emissary, which was incredible, since it dramatically changed up my gameplay and AOE power for M+ runs before the 7.1 changes made all SPriests decent at AOE. I felt a HUGE rush of power.

And now, this, another great SPriest legendary:

(I really need a better img host than Imgur - thoughts?)

Tubie

YUUUSSS

First one was off a boss in Mythic Reg Maw, Zenk'aram (the VE helm), and was shitty, but still awesome since it was my first.

Second was Twins' Painful Touch, off the Dreamweaver Emissary, which was incredible, since it dramatically changed up my gameplay and AOE power for M+ runs before the 7.1 changes made all SPriests decent at AOE. I felt a HUGE rush of power.

And now, this, another great SPriest legendary:

(I really need a better img host than Imgur - thoughts?)

That's awesome, grats!

I really want those and the shoulders.

Magnus

That's awesome, grats!

I really want those and the shoulders.

Thanks!

The ring is so great. I mean, it meant more in 7.0, but I still like it.

Shoulders got mega-diminished in 7.1 too, didn't they? And the belt. But I still dig the belt concept a lot.

I have a shadow priest main and I've been wanting another range to go with it. Locks have great utility and they seem to be fairly strong but idk I feel like it's to similar to a spriest with the cloth and dots. Other option is a hunter, they seem really fun and play a bit different. I've played spriest since tbc so looking for a different feel.

Also I have a dk at 877 that I wanted to pick up and learn tanking with but I also have a paladin and from what I've played protection seemed really fun. I know that blood is fairly meh compared to other tanks but I figure Blizzard will show them love eventually and trying to regear another char seems very tiring.

Top Bottom