• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
W3a4MEt.png

2nd BiS, not really that excited about since the helmet is much better but it's better than getting another useless one.

Tarazet

I have a shadow priest main and I've been wanting another range to go with it. Locks have great utility and they seem to be fairly strong but idk I feel like it's to similar to a spriest with the cloth and dots. Other option is a hunter, they seem really fun and play a bit different. I've played spriest since tbc so looking for a different feel..

I have 3 casters at 110: Elemental Shaman (mainly play Enhance though), Fire Mage, Shadow Priest. The three of them couldn't be more different. I find myself enjoying the Mage the most. It's deep and fairly complex, but the results are worthwhile. If the Priest had more gear, I might feel differently, but with the Mage and the Shaman being close in item level, I enjoy the Mage a lot more.

On a separate note, it seems like the Disc players are coming out of the woodwork. It has the same benefits as always: highly mobile with a lot of instant casts, good damage output, and great cooldowns for single target healing.

Nokterian

I have 3 casters at 110: Elemental Shaman (mainly play Enhance though), Fire Mage, Shadow Priest. The three of them couldn't be more different. I find myself enjoying the Mage the most. It's deep and fairly complex, but the results are worthwhile. If the Priest had more gear, I might feel differently, but with the Mage and the Shaman being close in item level, I enjoy the Mage a lot more.

On a separate note, it seems like the Disc players are coming out of the woodwork. It has the same benefits as always: highly mobile with a lot of instant casts, good damage output, and great cooldowns for single target healing.

I am leveling up my mage..but i keep switching between fire,arcane and frost. I still don't know on what to level with and at 110 to stick with.

Faiz

I am leveling up my mage..but i keep switching between fire,arcane and frost. I still don't know on what to level with and at 110 to stick with.

I recently leveled my mage on fire from 60 to 100, when I switched to frost. Leveling to 100 obviously is kinda trivial but post-100 I felt like I gained some survivability by taking frost.

Nokterian

I recently leveled my mage on fire from 60 to 100, when I switched to frost. Leveling to 100 obviously is kinda trivial but post-100 I felt like I gained some survivability by taking frost.

Yeah i have it also..arcane and fire are not really great for leveling.

v1perz53

For fucks sake, 2nd week in a row our +15 key turned out to be HoV. And if I thought Teeming/Skittish/Fortified +15 HoV was shit, I didn't know anything until we did a Raging/Necrotic/Fortified +15 HoV. So so many things that randomly target a DPS in there that will one shot when a mob is under 30%. Hell, that dragon in like the 3rd trash pull's frontal cone breath hit me as the tank for 9 million damage. But honestly, the hardest part of the run was the 4 miniboss trash before Skovald. Combination of Necrotic + Raging meant that when they hit 30% I already had 10-12 stacks, and they would then proceed to hit me for 50% of my HP per hit. We wiped on the "two at a time" pull like 6 times, under 30% the wicked dagger was a one shot on any DPS, and under 30% the sever was a one shot on me, so we just had to keep pulling until they randomly decided to not use those abilities under 30%.

And we had to do a +14 Nelth's lair in time in order to get that shitty HoV stone, fucking raging fortified scorpions at +14... At least we got our 900 pieces. Next two weeks are looking a LOT better affix wise, thank god.

(I really need a better img host than Imgur - thoughts?)

What's wrong with Imgur? I couldn't really imagine how any other host could be better, I just drag my pictures onto imgur homepage and they're uploaded, with a bunch of links depending on where I want to post them. Grats on the legendary!

Have they not yet released heirloom upgrades for 100-110?

It'd be nice to have them, but they aren't really that necessary. 100-110 only takes like a day or two of work now, but the main thing is because of how much world content there is now, hitting 110 while skipping zones just makes things slightly more inconvenient at 110, since you don't have flight paths unlocked. And the quest rewards scale to your level, so the power scaling of heirlooms is less useful. Personally, I wish they would unlock suramar questing at 100 so you could at least get some of that out of the way while levelling, to change it up a bit from the "do these 4 zones on every character every time" levelling that legion currently is, though I guess that would leave a lot of AP on the table doing Suramar without AK 20+. Maybe just the side areasa that unlock more WQs?

My legendaries only let me meme it up on Skorpyron (worth 0 all-star points anyway, LUL) and Mythic+ dungeons.

FeelsBadMan when you're just a meme.

Hah the only thing our DH wants in this game is his meme helm for Demonic build. But that's cause we don't raid, and only do M+ weekly so the "meme" helm turns into "BiS helm" because of the content we do. Seems the case for a lot of legendaries, some of the best ST ones are borderline useless in M+, except for some Tyrannical weeks I guess.

i have no idea what im doing with my gold.

I will hesitate to buy flasks for 700g each and then immediately go and buy a mount worth 150 flasks without thinking

v1perz53

i have no idea what im doing with my gold.

I will hesitate to buy flasks for 700g each and then immediately go and buy a mount worth 150 flasks without thinking

Yea, I think everyone has their random things. I'll buy every flask, food buff, or augment rune item no matter the cost, paying more if someone is selling larger stacks just to click less, but EVERY time I go to buy a gem, I buy the green gems instead of blue if there is even the slightest chance I will upgrade that item in the next few weeks. But this morning when darkmoon faire came out I bought one of the quest items for 600g because I couldn't be bothered to wait for more to be posted on the AH... Oh well I have several million gold I can do what I want I guess. Guess it isn't too different than how in real life, I'll pay $10 for lunch without a second thought, but an iPhone app will have to be REALLY good to get me to spend $0.99 on it.

Man, the one limitation I REALLY wish they'd remove is the 102 requirement to get your other artifact weapons. I have several 100 alts I chose a spec on closer to launch that I would love to mess around a bit on and see how the other two specs play, but I don't feel like doing almost a full zone that I've done 5-6 times already just to see how things really work once artifact ability is incorporated into the playstyle.

Corpekata

Banned
Finally got monk legendary, and it's the Touch of Death one. Not partiuclarly ideal, though glad one finally popped, felt like it took far longer compared to my druid and DK.

Lain

It'd be nice to have them, but they aren't really that necessary. 100-110 only takes like a day or two of work now, but the main thing is because of how much world content there is now, hitting 110 while skipping zones just makes things slightly more inconvenient at 110, since you don't have flight paths unlocked. And the quest rewards scale to your level, so the power scaling of heirlooms is less useful. Personally, I wish they would unlock suramar questing at 100 so you could at least get some of that out of the way while levelling, to change it up a bit from the "do these 4 zones on every character every time" levelling that legion currently is, though I guess that would leave a lot of AP on the table doing Suramar without AK 20+. Maybe just the side areasa that unlock more WQs?

Unlocking Suramar questing at 100 would need for the zone to have level scaling too, so I don't see them doing that.
I wish they'd fix the Withered Army Training quest. Just had a taste of the old disconnected while doing it on my alt and having all my efforts in there go to shit. But it's not gonna happen either, they haven't even fixed Thalyssra spamming you.

v1perz53

Unlocking Suramar questing at 100 would need for the zone to have level scaling too, so I don't see them doing that.
I wish they'd fix the Withered Army Training quest. Just had a taste of the old disconnected while doing it on my alt and having all my efforts in there go to shit. But it's not gonna happen either, they haven't even fixed Thalyssra spamming you.

Yea, Suramar at 100 has too many issues even if it would be nice I guess. I just wish there was a way to level in Legion besides doing the same 4 zones every time with the same series of quests. They just made grinding and dungeon running so much less efficient than questing now that there's no other option when you want to level.

Is there a good way to get started on the lore of the game? After watching Warcraft and hearing about the Warlords of Draenor alternate timeline stuff I'm getting really interested.

Hixx

Is there a good way to get started on the lore of the game? After watching Warcraft and hearing about the Warlords of Draenor alternate timeline stuff I'm getting really interested.

the chronicles series of books if you REALLY want to start from the beginning

There was this youtube series that covered everything about warcraft from the beginning

I should find it...

Edit: it was WoW pro lore but it seems that every video is now private. Shame.

Legendary number four dropped today from the emissary chest; Prydaz. Wasn't expecting a fourth one until next month. Seems like the time in between them dropping is decreasing.

the chronicles series of books if you REALLY want to start from the beginning
Will look into it!
There was this youtube series that covered everything about warcraft from the beginning

I should find it...

Edit: it was WoW pro lore but it seems that every video is now private. Shame.
Damn that's a shame. There's a guy on YouTube that has a bunch of videos up but I don't like his over dramatic narration and his accent often makes him hard to understand for me. Shame there doesn't seem to be a WoW VaatiVidya

Einchy

Legendary number four dropped today from the emissary chest; Prydaz. Wasn't expecting a fourth one until next month. Seems like the time in between them dropping is decreasing.

I really feel like luck protection isn't just based on things you kill but also based on time

Last night I finally got my fifth legendary after doing a full clear of LFR, normal, heroic and mythic EN, then minutes later another person got their fifth. Then this morning a player who only gets on for main raids and alt raids, and has done less than 25 mythics+, got their fifth.

Lomax

Still amazes me that mythics don't count as "dungeons" for unlocking the hidden artifact appearances. Did they think anything through at all?

Strimei

Still amazes me that mythics don't count as "dungeons" for unlocking the hidden artifact appearances. Did they think anything through at all?

Wait, WHAT?

It fucking doesn't?!

God damn it that explains why I'm only at like 54/100 still.

Christ almighty, I hate unlocking these things.

v1perz53

Huh? I unlocked my appearance skin with almost nothing but Mythic+ runs, they definitely count. There might be some weirdness where repeat runs in the same day or week don't count, but M+ definitely counts in some form, I don't think I've even done 100 total heroics/Mythic0 runs since the expansion launched.

Lomax

Maybe my macro needs to be updated, but the 4 I ran today definitely didn't count. Unless being on the non-default hidden artifact skin (I'm using the world quest skin) doesn't count them, which would be almost as stupid.

Maybe my macro needs to be updated, but the 4 I ran today definitely didn't count. Unless being on the non-default hidden artifact skin (I'm using the world quest skin) doesn't count them, which would be almost as stupid.

might be your macro

I'm on the non-default macro skin and they're counting for me

Is there a way for me to get a Nightsaber as a Draenei?
I'm level 29 with no mount and its kind of becoming a pain lol, but I didn't wanna buy an elek. I'm honoured with Darnassus but I don't know if/how to get to exalted

I'm level 29 with no mount and its kind of becoming a pain lol, but I didn't wanna buy an elek. I'm honoured with Darnassus but I don't know if/how to get to exalted

Go to Darnassus and buy a tabard. Any quest you do or dungeon monster you kill, will give you reputation for Darnasus. Then it shouldn't be that hard to get the reputation for the mount.

You can go through the Darnassus starter zone and play through Darkshore and Ashenvale for Darnassus rep but you should also buy a wear a Darnassus tabard when queuing in dungeons.

Corpekata

Banned
IIRC you'll get a lot of general rep for your faction's main reps eventually by osmosis sort of. So unless you wanna grind it out early on, I'd just get something cheap and ugly and quest normally and you'l\l get pretty close eventually, and then just do it at high level and burn through what you need.

Like I'm honored everywhere on my monk and that's a toon I did no rep griding at all for, has a passive exp buff from a daily quest and several exp heirlooms so I ended up zooming past zones and quests. So a newer player without all those exp buffs on the grind toward 110 will probably get their rep pretty high without even trying.

It's your macro. A lot of the ones posted on Wowhead or the forums don't work correctly (Karazhan broke a number of them).

This one should work correctly (or at least be better than 0/100 ones):

Code:
/run local g,s,p,d=GetAchievementCriteriaInfo,select,print,0 for i=1,GetAchievementNumCriteria(11152) do d=d+s(4,g(11152,i))end p("Dungeons: "..d.." / "..s(5,g(11152,1)))p("WQs: "..s(9,g(11153,1)))p("HKs: "..s(9,g(11154,1)))

IIRC you'll get a lot of general rep for your faction's main reps eventually by osmosis sort of. So unless you wanna grind it out early on, I'd just get something cheap and ugly and quest normally and you'll get pretty close eventually, and then just do it at high level and burn through what you need.

Like I'm honored everywhere on my monk and that's a toon I did no rep griding at all for, has a passive exp buff from a daily quest and several exp heirlooms so I ended up zooming past zones and quests. So a newer player without all those exp buffs on the grind toward 110 will probably get their rep pretty high without even trying.
Fair enough

Lomax

It's your macro. A lot of the ones posted on Wowhead or the forums don't work correctly (Karazhan broke a number of them).

This one should work correctly (or at least be better than 0/100 ones):

Code:
/run local g,s,p,d=GetAchievementCriteriaInfo,select,print,0 for i=1,GetAchievementNumCriteria(11152) do d=d+s(4,g(11152,i))end p("Dungeons: "..d.." / "..s(5,g(11152,1)))p("WQs: "..s(9,g(11153,1)))p("HKs: "..s(9,g(11154,1)))

Alright, thanks, that's good at least. I'll try the new one tomorrow. Sorry to scare people with misinformation.

Einchy

Shadow alt that I never play got a legendary and the fox mount from one bag.

It's the belt which Icy Veins says is second BiS, so that's good, I guess.

Scratch what I posted earlier...

Just buy the mount, even if it's an Elekk. The utility of being able to move through content faster with a mount supersedes the vanity aspect of having to use a faction mount when you're first starting out. There's no point in hamstringing yourself over such a superficial thing and grinding out a vanilla faction rep to exalted for another equally ghetto looking faction mount. Besides, if you stick with the game for long enough, you'll be farming and earning many other mounts that look so much better than what you can buy from vanilla faction vendors.

If it mattrers THAT much, just play a bit of Hearthstone and unlock the Hearthsteed...

Interested in adding the Hearthsteed to your World of Warcraft mount collection?

Getting your hands on this unique flying mount is simple . . . and fun! Just win three games of Hearthstone in ”Play" or ”Arena" mode to get the "Mount Up!" Hearthstone quest reward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmIawMCjDb0

It takes like no time. I don't even like or play Hearthstone and was able to earn this in no time flat.

TheYanger

The amount that elekk costs you now is going to be literal pennies soon for you, so it's not really a big deal to ride it around until you get the rep with something else (the tabard suggestion earlier is the way to do that btw). Like, the couple of hours of convenience you'll save b y not walking is enough to earn that much money a hundred times over at level 110.

Tarazet

+11 Arcway was pretty interesting with Necrotic/Raging/Fortified. I mean interesting in a "tank was always in imminent danger of death" way, because there is so much trash in there. One pull of those exploding spiderlings and he was at 28 stacks. We did it no problem, 4 minutes to spare in spite of a couple wipes on the mana wyrms because the tank was pulling like it was a +2.

v1perz53

+11 Arcway was pretty interesting with Necrotic/Raging/Fortified. I mean interesting in a "tank was always in imminent danger of death" way, because there is so much trash in there. One pull of those exploding spiderlings and he was at 28 stacks. We did it no problem, 4 minutes to spare in spite of a couple wipes on the mana wyrms because the tank was pulling like it was a +2.

My favorite part of Arcway over +10 this week is the Seer mobs that can't be CCed or interrupted, where if they decide to cast their group wide AoE under 30% HP when raging it straight one shots some DPS/healers. Really shows how "balanced" some of the Mythic+ affixes are! Similarly, our +15 was HoV and there were plenty of things that straight one shot our DPS, like the wicked dagger from that mini boss before Skovald hitting for 4 million damage on a random DPS.

Ark

It's a real shame, but I think I'm done with WoW for a good while. My guild broke up and I've lost the drive to grind out mythic+, weekly quests, emissaries, alts, etc etc every single week to stay relevant. The legendary system is particularly awful, but it's the general RNG-ness of Legion that has put me off.

Legion is an otherwise amazing expansion ruined by horrendous RNG :/

lazygecko

I saw a lvl20-ish warrior transmogged with the full blue recolor of the heroism set which you can get from Darkmoon Faire. I thought those had a minimum level of 60 to use? Did they remove the limit for transmog, or is there some trick to it?

I saw a lvl20-ish warrior transmogged with the full blue recolor of the heroism set which you can get from Darkmoon Faire. I thought those had a minimum level of 60 to use? Did they remove the limit for transmog, or is there some trick to it?

If its the replica set I dont think theres a limit? Thst or they transmog the set on another toon and transfer it over. Maybe?

erawsd

It's a real shame, but I think I'm done with WoW for a good while. My guild broke up and I've lost the drive to grind out mythic+, weekly quests, emissaries, alts, etc etc every single week to stay relevant. The legendary system is particularly awful, but it's the general RNG-ness of Legion that has put me off.

Legion is an otherwise amazing expansion ruined by horrendous RNG :/

Yeah, its sad that they've been so set against deterministic rewards despite the overwhelming feedback that says the whole thing feels like shit. Its still early enough in the expansion for them to turn it around and it does sound like they will try something in 7.2, but I know plenty of people like you who just got frustrated and gave up, and Im not expecting them to come back.

Top Bottom