• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guild gives Hunters priority on CoD, plus I already have one, but not everyone's that lucky. I just think it's hilarious that Shamans want it.

fallout

Azwethinkweiz said:
It goes both ways. At least alliance doesn't have to worry about Shamans going in on Crown of Destruction. Yes, I'm serious, they feel they have just as much use for it as a Hunter.
Hm? And if they're specced enhancement?

They can go fuck themselves if they're enhancement. They still can't get half the use out of it as a hunter, and by rolling on it they're being selfish and ultimately hurting the guild as a whole.

It's a shitty piece of shaman gear.

I could write an essay on why it's shitty, and why I gave this shaman who apped to my guild the mark of disapproval for taking it over recruit hunters. Then again I don't play my shaman due to lots of questionable loot calls. However, I feel I am preaching to the choir here.

fallout

Hey, it was just a question. Christ you people are defensive. I didn't think it was that bad of a piece of gear for a shaman specced enhancement. I mean, there isn't really a set for enhancement shammies, so I figure they had to kind of pick and choose.

I could write an essay on why it's shitty
Being the noob (seriously) that I am, could you please explain to me why it's so shitty other than "it's a piece of shitty shaman gear"? I'm not looking for an essay or anything, just confused as to why I'm being bitched at for proposing the idea that a shaman might want this.

You guys are making a mountain out of a shitpile. CoD has no place in the game. Dragonstalkers is plainly better and it's only arguably better than Giantstalkers. But it drops of Rag, which means that typically you have both Ony and Garr on farm status before even seeing the CoD drop. It'd take some terrible luck for a hunter not to have better by the time this falls. Sure, it's kinda okay to give to new recruits, but they'd replace it soon enough anyway. It's purpose is little more than to give hunters an epic to put a FR libram on, which they don't even really need.

Enhancement shaman are the joke of WoW, easily worst spec of any class for raiding. The only reason shaman are allowed to play around with it is to prevent attrition. Same reason hunters get 2h melee weapons, druids get ap gear, etc.

If anything, it's a warrior hat.

I'm not bitching at you, I'm just saying. For all I know you play a druid or something. I'm making a general point. I understand exactly why enhancement shammies want it. The fact of the matter is a Hunter can get much more use out of it. If you're in a guild where you have a chance at getting the crown (MC clearing guild that is) and you're being invited on an MC raid as a shaman, I doubt it's for your damage dealing abilities. Therefore, only using the crown for pvp situations whereas a Hunter could use it in both pve and pvp, you're obviously hurting the guild and the raid by taking it from hunters. I hope this answers your question.

p.s. you're kidding yourself if you think DS and/or GS is even close to being as good as CoD. The only reason I even wanted DS helm is for 8/8 set bonus until I found out the proc rate is like .015%. GG blizzard fucking hunters over yet again.

fallout said:
Hey, it was just a question. Christ you people are defensive. I didn't think it was that bad of a piece of gear for a shaman specced enhancement. I mean, there isn't really a set for enhancement shammies, so I figure they had to kind of pick and choose.

Being the noob (seriously) that I am, could you please explain to me why it's so shitty other than "it's a piece of shitty shaman gear"? I'm not looking for an essay or anything, just confused as to why I'm being bitched at for proposing the idea that a shaman might want this.

A low amount of spirit/int. You can get more off a Coif of Elements. The sta is nice but you only get 10 more than you would with the coif (which beats the crown on spirit/int on a larger scale than the sta shows) which also has +str on it to partly lessen the blow of the loss of ap from the crown.

Secondly, a Crown of Destruction drops off a raid mob. Giving this to a shaman when a coif of elements is superior for healing isn't a smart move for a guild. The shaman won't be using the crown for raiding purposes since a coif of elements offers a better advantage in that environment. Also, for a hunter +44 attack power and +2 crit = a nice boost in dps over other options in this field. Since a hunter's role in a raid is DPS this would stand to benefit the raid more if the hunter got it for every day use over a shaman who might use the crown when he decides to go melee in pvp.

fallout

Son of Godzilla said:
Enhancement shaman are the joke of WoW, easily worst spec of any class for raiding.
Well, personally, I find raiding to be the necessary joke of WoW, but regardless, have you ever seen an enhancement specced shaman in PvP?

Anyway, Azwethinkweiz, Sirpopopop ... thanks for the responses. Basically, you guys make sense and I fully agree with you. Obviously it's better for the guild for a hunter to have this, but if no hunter wanted it, I can really see why a shaman would take this for his PvP gear.

Boomer

Don't even try, you have to gather something like 40,000 silithid carapaces. It takes an entire guild to get one person to neutral.

Ferrio

Banned
Boomer said:
Don't even try, you have to gather something like 40,000 silithid carapaces. It takes an entire guild to get one person to neutral.

You get the reputation from the 40 man dungeon once AQ is open. So it's not limited to the scepter quest anymore.

firex

just for general knowledge purposes, rep goes like this: 36000 to go from hated->hostile. 3000 from hostile to unfriendly, then again to neutral, then again to friendly, then 6000 to honored, 12000 to revered, 21000 to exalted.

This fishing competition is ridiculous. Some alliance dude had members of his guild running up and down the coasts to attack anyone fishing.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Here's the easy way to win the fishing contest (dont tell anyone, top secret)

a.) Set your hearth to Booty Bay
b.) Do all of your fishing on Jumanja Isle where the Zandalar people are. Theres like 5 nodes up there, and it should be empty.
c.) Catch forty fish and hearth.

GRATZ ON UR TRINKET!

Korranator

Sirpopopop said:
It's a shitty piece of shaman gear.

I could write an essay on why it's shitty, and why I gave this shaman who apped to my guild the mark of disapproval for taking it over recruit hunters. Then again I don't play my shaman due to lots of questionable loot calls. However, I feel I am preaching to the choir here.
You're still on Gilneas? Running with CT still?

Korranator said:
You're still on Gilneas? Running with CT still?

Nah I left them a long time ago. The guild really went in a swoon soon after I left. Now, they are one of the weakest guilds on the server Horde-side.

I play on greymane/gilneas at the moment. I might move to a new server and start an alliance character. I'm pretty dissatisfied with the way both guilds I play with run things.

Korranator

I quit the game for 6 months after our fun, then started a new horde toon on Draenor back in Oct but really didn't care for the community. I moved to Kirin Tor and rolled alliance this time.
It's a new server though only 3 months old, but has a high pop. There's already a guild running MC, but I really don't care for a lot of their members (elitist epeens). Right now I'm in a smaller guild about 70 strong, who are slowly building up for end game, and it's a freindly atmosphere. Right now were running the 10 man raid while waiting for the lower lvl to catch up, but I'm not worried since our members aren't with us just for epics come the 20 man 40 man runs.

So if your thinking alliance, and don't mind helping to build us up to a full raiding guild which IMO will be more worth it in the long run then let me know.

bagh! Well...ZG is over for us. The guild we ran it with transfered as did a few of us.

I was going to but 6 realms transfering into one...well I wonder how they like thier queue and lag Azgalor is fine now thanks :D

Anywho I got annoied with being 60 since at least july and only having tier 0 armor. Pretty much bored I post on the realm forums looking for a spot in an MC raid.

Well it worked and I got in, Basically another smaller guild was willing to take people from other smaller guilds through MC and make it a regular PuG. I told my guild and well no ont wanted to come. They went to ZG instead.

Well an hour after ZG started they were back in IF saying don't ask...me...well

First mob drops Giant Stalker Belt. Since this is going to be a regular Pug we have a rolling points like everyone starts out with 50 poitns a class piece drops and everyone that class /random 1000 the winner goes down to 0 points and to the bottom of the list.

I wond the GS belt....hmmm I have a purple I guess according to the Gen WoW borads I am "unpossible" to kill now in BG's. :lol

So we did semi wipe on the first pull, which was expected being the first time either some people have been there or worked with each other but then we didn't wipe or come close to it till the 5 dogs by Luci. We gave Lucci 3 tries since some people had to leave (One mage suddenly remebered he was running it the next day with his guild conviently AFTER he wins Anarcist bindings...signups were up for this run for a week). Anyway...the first 2 pulls we didn't even touch Lucci...the 3rd was a bad pull but we got him (her?) down to 53%.

Honestly I didn't think we would make it past the first core hound, apprently neirther did anyone else but it kinda supirsed me Vent was filled with babbling and inside jokes or nonsense. For a raid made up of people from something like 6 differnt guilds people actually listened to one person who had a lot of MC esperience. It was almost like thiswasa group of casuals who actually wanted to do MC instead of what I've been in which seemed to go like "Gimme lot Me no listen!!".

We're set to go next saturday.

Fusebox

Banned
My guild dropped Rag on friday night for the first time ever - what an awesome fun fight and one of the best videogame moments I've ever had!

Me (right) and a guildy just after we dropped him:

daxnme.jpg

Korranator said:
I quit the game for 6 months after our fun, then started a new horde toon on Draenor back in Oct but really didn't care for the community. I moved to Kirin Tor and rolled alliance this time.
It's a new server though only 3 months old, but has a high pop. There's already a guild running MC, but I really don't care for a lot of their members (elitist epeens). Right now I'm in a smaller guild about 70 strong, who are slowly building up for end game, and it's a freindly atmosphere. Right now were running the 10 man raid while waiting for the lower lvl to catch up, but I'm not worried since our members aren't with us just for epics come the 20 man 40 man runs.

So if your thinking alliance, and don't mind helping to build us up to a full raiding guild which IMO will be more worth it in the long run then let me know.

I dunno... at this point I think I might just go play on Stormrage and level up my druid, talk with my old EQ guild mates and see if I can get into their guild. My old EQ guild was pretty much the only guild I've been in where leadership has been trustworthy and not shifty and in it for themselves. I mean I've already done the whole helping to build up a guild thing, and it's not as rewarding as I thought it would be (did it twice in WoW actually).

But, I've been meaning to check out alliance, and I'm not fond of druids... so what's your name?

Ikse

Fusebox said:
My guild dropped Rag on friday night for the first time ever - what an awesome fun fight and one of the best videogame moments I've ever had!

Me (right) and a guildy just after we dropped him:

daxnme.jpg

Grats. You've touched up that image though, right?

Ferrio

Banned
Oh I got pissed tonight.

Was outside BRS entrance. 2 Horde rogues are their, definatly chinese farmers. I take on both kill them. Another one attackes me, kill him within 2 seconds.

I sit down to eat, like 5 seconds later. The first two have respawned. THere's no fucking way they could of walked from the GY in ~7 seconds.

Was telling my friend this who's in the uber alliance guild. Tells me me to go to azashara, and that I'll see crazy shit there. Like rogues that instantly disappear and reappear at each spawn point for thorium.

xabre

Banned
Ferrio said:
Was telling my friend this who's in the uber alliance guild. Tells me me to go to azashara, and that I'll see crazy shit there. Like rogues that instantly disappear and reappear at each spawn point for thorium.

I'm sure. There's some teleport hack as well that allows players to go from the mid 40's to lvl 60 in the space of a day or two.

Blizzard should be clamping down on this shit; we all know they love the farmers (why would they ever do anything to compromise that large revenue stream?) but at least implement a better means of detecting and preventing hacks so such unfair bullshit is kept out of the game for the legitimate players.

mint

Banned
Wow Drakedog=best warlock out there..big inspiration for all warlocks!!

Who needs defense when you can hit a rogue with a 5k shadowbolt :lol

xabre said:
I'm sure. There's some teleport hack as well that allows players to go from the mid 40's to lvl 60 in the space of a day or two.

Blizzard should be clamping down on this shit; we all know they love the farmers (why would they ever do anything to compromise that large revenue stream?) but at least implement a better means of detecting and preventing hacks so such unfair bullshit is kept out of the game for the legitimate players.
They did permanently delete 13,000 accounts a couple months ago. They do this regularly with Diablo, Starcraft, and Warcraft 3. In a month or so, expect another 50,000 people to be gone.

firex

his build got nerfed into the fucking ground the patch right after. but let random locks in the game (the type who are alts of their level 60 rogue/hunter and cry because they get killed by warlocks instead of camping them for free HKs like a few patches ago) think that drakedog's build still works. it's nightfall/conflagrate.

firex said:
his build got nerfed into the fucking ground the patch right after. but let random locks in the game (the type who are alts of their level 60 rogue/hunter and cry because they get killed by warlocks instead of camping them for free HKs like a few patches ago) think that drakedog's build still works. it's nightfall/conflagrate.

Thanks. Just trying to get a handle on some new classes, and I just came back after 4 months and I'm looking to try new server/character class.

firex

if you want a good build now (and note that drakedog's build was pretty gear dependent) just go for dark pact while grinding, then at 60 do a soul link build, or shadow mastery/ruin if you want big damage.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
it sucks that ENH shaman are such a joke, but they are. would be great if we could live in a world where an ENH shammy is about as effective as a RES shammy.

fallout

borghe said:
it sucks that ENH shaman are such a joke, but they are. would be great if we could live in a world where an ENH shammy is about as effective as a RES shammy.
I've actually played as a RES and a ELEM/ENH shaman in PvP and I can say that both have been quite fun.

Nature's Swiftness is one of the greatest things ever, though it can be rather costly in terms of the talent tree ... like, if you're going to get it, you may as well invest most of your talent points into RES. Even if you're not geared very well, you can be extremely helpful to your cause in a PvP battle as a RES shaman. The heals that you can get off are quite impressive and you can take a good beating. I've played a paladin for a little while too and goddamn that was fun in PvP. You're an invincible healer ffs.

That said, ELEM/ENH is just way more effective. I can heal you a little, or I can go 2-shot that mage (assuming wf procs with the appropriate crits and you're smart enough to have grounding totem down, etc.). Shamans are totem dropping, instant-spell casting, healing melee'ers. Not the other way around.

ENH is of course, cocksuckingly useless for PvE ... but ... meh.

Fusebox

Banned
borghe said:

Huh? Enh shammys are great in PvP, nothing like having a healer around whos hard as nuts to take down, and I'd rather one next to me in MC over a feral druid or an arms spec warrior.

I played to about 55 as ele/enh and now I'm ele/resto and it's a mad fun build, I wouldn't change for the world.

Shammy hate is so mid-2005...

Fusebox said:
Huh? Enh shammys are great in PvP, nothing like having a healer around whos hard as nuts to take down, and I'd rather one next to me in MC over a feral druid or an arms spec warrior.

I played to about 55 as ele/enh and now I'm ele/resto and it's a mad fun build, I wouldn't change for the world.

Shammy hate is so mid-2005...
They're talking about PVE. No one cares about PVP rep and honor grinding.

Fusebox

Banned
Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:

Well then like I said, I'd still rather one next to me in MC over a feral druid or an arms spec warrior.

fallout

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Um, who said anything about honor grinding? I play this game for fun, not as a fucking job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom